Chapter 16

Check-in(to) You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Well, that was interesting. Care to share, hmm?" Hwasa said when they stop at an intersection.

"Share what?" Byul didn't even look at her friend and continue texting Yong.

"Krystal, she likes you. I can't believe Yong is just living near me." She said as she makes a right turn.

"Yong said the same thing." Her bestfriend confirmed.

"She knew her? How? Oh, she met her when you're together overseas?"

"Coincidentally, she's their subject. Maybe Whee In knows her too. She got really mad because Krystal toured me around the city before we went home." She smiled as she remembered a pouting Yong.

"Tsk. Does she knows that you and Yong are an item? Don't you think you're kinda leading her on? You're not exactly stopping her actions whatever they maybe."

"Oh...that. The last time she asked me that we're not back together, so no. I never really talked about our past. I'm not a kiss and tell. You know that."

"Yeah. Here we are." Hyejin hit the brakes and look at the apartment lobby.

"Thank you for dropping me off." Byul hugged her friend and get off the car.

"I'll see you tomorrow. Enjoy the night!" Hyejin winked before rushing off.





 

"What's taking her so long?" Yong was fiddling her phone waiting for a message from her girlfriend. "She should be here five minutes ago."

The doorbell rang just in time before she calls Byul. She quickly opened the door and there, she saw the person she missed the most. They only saw each other that morning but the two long years without the warmth of Byul makes her heart ached.

"Hi. Can I come in?" Byul shyly asked.

"Of course." She tightly hugged the taller girl and buried her face at crook of her neck. "I missed you, baby."

Yong broke the hug and helped Byul removed her shoes. "So how did your meetings go? Did you get the clients?" Yong asked while she placed her girlfriend's bag on the table.

"We managed to get the job for the new condo building in Seoul." She tossed her jacket on the couch. She then turned to Yong and placed her hands on her waist.

"How about the other one? Hyejin said you had a dinner meeting too?" Yong said as she tangled her hands on Byul's neck.

"Ah...about that, it's not exactly a new client. Ahm...it's Colors. It's with Krystal." She flashed a faint smile hoping Yong will not combust.

"Ah, that's why she messaged you yesterday. I actually deleted that." Yong nonchalantly said.

"Huh? How did you open my phone? It's password protected." Byul started to punched her code.

"My birthday is still your password, so...yeah...are you mad? I'm sorry. I just...you know how I feel about her. I don't like her." Yong bit her lip trying to channel her fear.

"Of course not. But, please don't do that again. Can you promise that? I know you're jealous but you know that it's pure business, right? I'm super duper loyal to you, Yong." Byul closed their gap by gently kissing the reporter, nipping her bottom lip. A moan escaped from Yong as she tried to reciprocate Byul's kiss.

Few minutes later, the old-new lovers found themselves tangled on Yong's bed whispering sweet nothings while watching tv and eating popcorn.

"Baby, did you already tell her that you're taken?" Yong suddenly asked.

"Hmm...not yet. I was caught off guard a while ago. But next time we meet, I'll tell her." Byul kissed her cheeks, smudging the salt from the popcorn.

"Mmmkay. Be sure to do that." The reporter said in a more threatening tone.

"Of course. I will baby. But for now, let's enjoy the rest of the movie, shall we?"





 

Hyejin almost choked when a very giddy Byul entered the diner. Whee In quickly soothes her back and hand her a glass of water. "Relax sweetheart, it's just Byul."

"I know that baby, but she's literally skipping. Look at Yong, she's as embarrassed as I am." Hyejin told her girlfriend while shaking her head.

"Hello everybody. It's a beautiful morning isn't it?" Byul was so cheerful that Hyejin just wants to smack her.

"Good morning lovebirds. I'm so sorry about this one." Yong apologized while pulling the chair for Byul.

"It's okay. It seems that all is well in the newly renovated paradise, hmm?" Whee In teased the couple which caused them to blush.

"How cheesy...both of you are blushing mess. Let's just eat before I puke here." Hyejin scrunched her face while waving at a waiter.




 

The pairs were busy eating and chatting when Henry entered the di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter