Chapter 2

The Three Guardians

Jacob was the first one to arrive at Kevin's pack house in the morning, and Yoohyeon was the one to let him in, wondering who was at the door. "Who in the world?" Asked Jacob as Kevin appeared behind Yoohyeon.

"You're here!" Kevin said, rather enthusiastically. "Come on in," he said, moving Yoohyeon out of the way as he moved to let Jacob in. "Eric's not here yet?" He asked, dragging Jacob into the kitchen to talk while Yoohyeon was left in the living room.

"No," said Jacob. "But I see now, why you asked for the two of us here," he said. "I drove here, Eric's running here," he said. "Are we finally going to get our answers?" Asked Changmin as he entered the kitchen. "When Eric gets here," said Kevin.

"Daeyeol stopped by to drop her off huh?" Asked Jacob as the others made their way into the kitchen. "Can you take a look at her?" Asked Kevin. "Sure," said Jacob. "After breakfast though," he added. "I didn't see much," said Juyeon. "But you may be able to see more than I did," he said. "I told you I was okay," said Yoohyeon as she entered the kitchen.

"I'm the main medic," said Jacob as he turned to Yoohyeon. "I know there might not be anything wrong since I trust Juyeon and his skills but it's better to make sure," he said. "A second opinion works," said Juyeon. "Sometimes a second opinion is needed," he added.

 

~



Eric arrived after breakfast, putting up his human illusion as Yoohyeon opened the door. "Oh, a human," he said. "Huh," he said. Yoohyeon blinked as Eric studied her. "Are you gonna let him in?" Asked Jacob as he stood behind Yoohyeon. Yoohyeon jumped, bowing before letting Eric in and closing the door behind him.

"How was the trip?" Asked Kevin as Jacob went with Yoohyeon to do a last check up on her before declaring her okay. "Fine, I thought I got lost when I knocked and the door and she answered," said Eric. "You got the right address," said Kevin.

"So Daeyeol finally brought her over huh?" Asked Eric as he walked with Kevin into the kitchen. "Yep," said Kevin. "This isn't good," said Eric.

"Daeyeol says she's not in any immediate danger," said Kevin. "You know how he can be," said Eric. "They landed in Poland before Bomin had to carry her here on his back," he said. "Poland is Kyuhyun's territory, good choice," hummed Eric.

"Even an idiot knows better than to try and get any information out of Kyuhyun," said Kevin. "What worries me is if she got spotted on the way here," he said. "There are quite a few countries between here and Poland," agreed Eric.

"Okay, spill," said Changmin as he, Chanhee and Juyeon piled into the kitchen. "Who is this human, and what's with the three of you's sudden interest in her?" he asked. "We'll wait on Jacob," said Kevin. "This involves him and the human too," he said. "I've enough waiting," said Changmin as he slammed his hand down on the kitchen table. "I need to know whose we're kicking because they are after her damn it," he said.

"You couldn't wait a few more minutes?" Asked Jacob as he walked into the kitchen with Yoohyeon. "Sorry," hummed Changmin. Jacob shook his head and turned to Eric and Kevin. "She's fine," he said. "Juyeon did a good job of patching her up and Bomin was careful with her," he said. "Good," said Kevin.

 

~



"So wait, you're saying he's after her?" Asked Changmin. "You see why we're trying to keep this hush hush now?" Asked Kevin. "This makes more sense actually," said Juyeon. "He dropped her off here because we don't allow public communication," he said. "And we're close to each other's territory," said Chanhee. "Along with being right next to Russia," he added.

"We can use my truck to take you shopping," said Jacob as he turned to Yoohyeon. "I'm sure you'd wanna be out of Changmin's clothes by now," he said. "They're comfortable," said Yoohyeon. "But I'd rather have my own clothes for the time being," she said. "We'll go looking for furniture," said Kevin. "It was my room but you can have it for the time being," he said. Yoohyeon nodded. "Okay," she said.

"I have a question though," said Yoohyeon. "What are you?" She asked. "Because I know that Daeyeol and Bomin were vampires," she said. "Juyeon and the rest of them are shapeshifters," said Kevin. "Eric, Jacob and I are animals in disguise," he said. "Animal-humans as what they call us or whatever," he said.

"We were shapeshifters like them," said Eric. "But we died," he said. "We were brought back though, and here we are," he said. "I see," said Yoohyeon.

"Let's get you into some new clothes and then Jacob will take you shopping okay?" Asked Kevin. Yoohyeon nodded. Changmin went to find some clothes for Yoohyeon before letting her get changed.

 

~



Jacob drove Yoohyeon to the mall, with Eric and Kevin taking Kevin's truck to get some furniture at Ikea. Yoohyeon got to pick out everything she needed, along with a few extra decorations for her room as she shopped around. Jacob only let her out of his sight when she went into the changing room to try on clothes.

"You don't have to do this you know," said Yoohyeon as she left the changing room to find Jacob waiting on her like usual. "I'm fine with waiting on you," said Jacob. "It's fine," he said. "You're not tired or anything from the drive?" Asked Yoohyeon. Jacob shook his head. "We can grab lunch, my treat," he said.

Eric and Kevin met them in the food court after getting their shopping done, sitting down across from Jacob and Yoohyeon after getting their food. "What'd you get?" Asked Yoohyeon. "A dresser, a bed frame with more storage and a mirror," said Kevin. "If you need anything else we'll get it for you," he said. "A desk?" Asked Yoohyeon. "I bought some journals and stuff to write in," she said. "Sure," said Kevin.

 

~



Changmin and Chanhee went to build all the furniture when everyone got home, the two of them having the best teamwork when it came to doing anything so Kevin left them to their own devices.

Yoohyeon was able to tell them where to put everything first, so that they could just build in that specific spot, but after that she left them be. There was clothes to sort through, amongst other things, so she went to work on organizing things before she was allowed to be in her room.

"Can I see your animal forms?" Asked Yoohyeon as she met Eric, Jacob and Kevin outside as they were discussing things. "You want to see our animal forms?" Asked Kevin as he turned to Yoohyeon. Yoohyeon nodded.

"Who did you want to see first?" Asked Kevin. "Yours," said Yoohyeon. "I want to know why you have a collar on," she said, earning a scoff from Kevin. "Okay," said Kevin. "Don't be alarmed, when you see it," he said. "I don't think anything can surprise me anymore," said Yoohyeon. "Fair point," said Kevin as he sighed. "Well?" Asked Yoohyeon.

Kevin dropped his human illusion, causing Yoohyeon to blink in surprise. "A dog," she said. "Well, that does make sense actually," she said with a small giggle, walking up to Kevin and patting him on the head. Kevin bumped her hand with his head before moving back and putting up his human illusion. "Told you," he said, rubbing the back of his neck.

Yoohyeon took a generous step back when Jacob and Eric walked over after dropping their human illusions, gasping in surprise. "Wow," she breathed out, examining both animals from a respective distance. "They won't hurt you you know," Kevin said with a shake of his head. "But a leopard and a bear?" Asked Yoohyeon.

"It reflects our previous lives as shapeshifters," said Kevin. "They couldn't find a wolf for me, so a dog it was," he said, looking up at the stars. "I was a polar bear back then," said Eric as he put up his human illusion. "I was a lion," said Jacob as he put up his human illusion.

"There are others right? They're still shapeshifters too?" Asked Yoohyeon. Kevin nodded. "I'm sure they'll come around eventually," he said. "I doubt it," said Eric. "Haknyeon and Sunwoo don't want to leave the territory alone, so you'll have to come for a visit sometime," he said.

"Can we?" Yoohyeon asked Kevin as she turned to look at him. "I suppose," hummed Kevin.