Chapter 11

The Three Guardians

Youngtaek finished tearing apart his meal, just enjoying the taste of blood in his mouth. He looked around, his eyes flashing gold again for a second to make sure he had really left nothing behind before going to a nearby stream to clean up.

"A messy eater like usual," came Seongyoon's voice as he walked over after finishing his hunt for the day. "I've been thirstier than usual, can you blame me?" Asked Youngtaek as he took off his shirt before jumping into the water. He made sure to clean himself off before getting out of the water and going to rinse out his shirt and putting it back on after wringing it to get the excess water out.

"Where's Jangjun?" Asked Seongyoon. "I don't know," hummed Youngtaek. "We separated after finding a meal for the both of us," he said, turning to Seongyoon. "I'm here," called Jangjun as he rushed over, stopping in front of Youngtaek.

"You know," said Youngtaek as he looked up at the cloudy sky. "I do miss the days of being able to hunt humans," he said. "We have to follow rules while here you know," said Seongyoon. "But I do agree," he added. "At least here you can be as messy as you want," he said. "True," said Youngtaek.

 

~



"You don't seem very phased after that mess yesterday," said Eric as he sat beside Yoohyeon. "Well, I'm used to it," said Yoohyeon. "If I wasn't used to it by now I'm sure there's something wrong with me," she said. "Right, I forgot you got this kind of treatment a lot in blood dens," hummed Eric.

"Eric," said Joochan as he stood in the doorway to the guest bedroom. "What's up?" Asked Eric as he looked up at Joochan. "I have some information for you," said Joochan. "It seems Bomin wasn't here for more than just a coincidence," he said.

"Where is he?" Asked Eric. "Outside, wanting to talk to you," said Joochan. Eric got up, walking to the door and Joochan moved out of the way, watching Eric go before turning to Yoohyeon who looked confused at the information. "I trust you can stay out of trouble in here?" Asked Joochan. Yoohyeon nodded. "Okay," said Joochan as he turned and left the room, going outside to where Eric was talking with Bomin.

"There's a traitor in the coven Kevin's keeping an eye on," said Bomin. "Are you sure?" Asked Eric. "I'm sure," said Bomin. "How are you so sure about it?" Asked Eric.

"You'll just have to see to believe," said Bomin as he looked down at the ground to let his bangs cover his eyes. After a minute he looked up, his eyes flashing gold instead of the normal black color in vampires. Eric blinked, before scoffing in surprise as he turned away. "Okay, you got me there," he said.

"Have you met anyone like him?" Asked Joochan as he stood beside Eric. "One other person," said Eric. "People like Bomin are hard to come across, the fox 'shifters would know," he said.

"What really brings you here?" Asked Eric as he turned to Bomin. "Protecting her, like you are," said Bomin. "Daeyeol doesn't seem to understand my obsession with her, but the traitor is tied to him," he said.

"You're tied to her then," said Eric as he blinked. "In a way, but not like the traitor is to him," said Bomin. "Daeyeol is the one I'm bound to," he said. "That would explain the speed," hummed Eric.

"How many?" Asked Joochan. "One," said Bomin. "The traitor has four," he said. "The person you saw, did they have 9?" Asked Joochan as he turned to Eric. "No," said Eric. "Last I remember he only had 2," he said. "There are people with 9, but they're extremely rare," he said.

"Where's your ring?" Asked Joochan as he looked at Bomin. Bomin pointed to the necklace around his neck. "Here," he said. "The traitor has his in the form of an earring," he added. His eyes faded back to their normal color before he turned away. "I'm going to hunt," he said. "And then we're leaving, don't expect a response from us for a few months," he said. "Sure," said Eric. Bomin nodded and ran off into the forest.

"You don't seem too concerned for Kevin," said Joochan. "Kevin's not stupid," said Eric. "He has them there for a reason," he hummed. "It would also explain why he sent her to Jacob and I," he said. "If anything, he's already planning out what to do with the traitor," he said.

 

~



"So he has four huh?" Asked Kevin as he talked with Yuri at the borders between Finland and Russia. "It seems so," said Yuri. "Bomin has one, I already knew that," said Kevin as he nodded. "How screwed is he if we were to kill him?" He asked. "Dead," said Yuri. "His contract has to end first," he said. "By repaying the kindness that was given to him," hummed Kevin as he tilted his head to the side in thought.

"He's seemed to have moved on from St Petersburg though," said Yuri. "Tell your guests they are free to move back when I get a confirmation," he said. "Sure," said Kevin. "Though I'm keeping the traitor here," he said. "I don't think Seongyoon would like that," said Yuri. "He has no choice, if his master is still after Yoohyeon," said Kevin. "Right," hummed Yuri.

"How many do you have now?" Asked Kevin. "Just got my third one," Yuri said, puffing out his chest in pride. "Nice," said Kevin.

"I should get going then," said Kevin as he took a step back. "Knowing how Donghyun is at the moment, I need to make sure the traitor doesn't accidentally kill him," he said. "He's a real piece of work ain't he?" Asked Yuri. "Definitely," Kevin said, sighing as he bowed before dropping his human illusion as he turned around and ran off. Yuri watched him go before turning and running off, back into Russia.

 

~



Jacob didn't look too surprised when he was told of a traitor in Kevin's territory. "I wouldn't put it to him yet," he said. "Kevin's keeping them there for a reason," he said. "There's a reason this traitor exists, and I'm sure he's trying to figure out a way to get him back to being on the right side," he said.

"Kevin's stupid," said Seungmin. "He isn't," said Jacob. "He's one of our top strategists for a reason," he said. "You wouldn't know of course, until you face him in a game of strategy," he said.

"I'd like to try to play a game of chess with this guy," said Jaehyun. "I'm sure he'll enjoy that," said Jacob. "I'll see if you can," he said.