Chapter 9

The Three Guardians

Kevin let out a sigh as he looked up at Seongyoon. "You're really causing me a lot of trouble you know," he said. "I don't mean to," said Seongyoon. "I had no idea you knew Joochan," he said. "Joochan is someone precious to Eric," said Kevin.

"He didn't do it by choice," said Seongyoon. "Yet you decided that it was okay to put a chip in his shoulder before doing the same with the rest of his pack?" Asked Kevin. "Only for him to show up after the fact that he took over your city?" He asked.

"His pack is under my care," said Seongyoon. "With what evidence?" Asked Kevin. "For all we know they could be working with him between the time you and your coven were kicked out of your city," he said.

"Look, I don't know what else to say but they're with us," said Seongyoon. "Prove it then," said Kevin. "Send them back to Jacob's territory, we'll have a test," he said. "It'll be a game of cat and mouse out there, my pack against yours," he said. "I'm going now, send Juyeon over," he said, turning and running off, dropping his human illusion as he did so.

 

~



Eric sighed as he got up, walking over to where Kevin and Jacob were standing with Juyeon and Hyunjae respectively. "You think this is a good idea?" He asked as Joochan and the others in his pack walked out of the treeline.

"Sangyeon," said Jacob as said person was watching from the back porch with Yoohyeon. "Keep her out of trouble alright?" He asked. "Sure," said Sangyeon. "I'll stay over here," said Yoohyeon.

"Sunwoo didn't want in on the action?" Asked Kevin as he looked at Eric. "Nah," said Eric. "You know what this means Eric," said Kevin. "Of course," Eric said with a smirk. "5 against 5," he said.

"What's this all about huh?" Asked Donghyun. "This game of cat and mouse will determine if you're the enemy or not," said Kevin. "Joochan would remember this game," he said. "A damn good game to be honest," said Joochan. "We're in," he said. "You think this is a good idea?" Asked Seungmin. "Believe me," said Joochan as he smirked. "It's a good way to figure out if we're the enemy or not," he said.

"I'm giving all 5 of you 5 minutes to hide," said Kevin. "Get out of here, find a good hiding spot," he said. "Now, go," he said. Everyone but Joochan turned and rushed off, heading into the forest.

"And with that they failed," said Joochan as he shrugged. "Your pack really thinks we think they're the enemy," said Eric. "Seongyoon checked out then?" Asked Joochan. "Yuri confirmed it," said Kevin.

"So if you knew, why go through the game?" Asked Joochan. "Because, what fun would it be to not test the new allies hm?" Asked Kevin. Juyeon and Hyunjae shifted to their animal forms, a large dark brown colored wolf with white feet and a large cheetah respectively, and waited on the command from Kevin.

"Go, they didn't even bother splitting up," said Kevin as he put his hands in his pants pockets. "They're about 100 meters in front of us, hiding in trees," he added. "Don't attack, wait until you find them and howl," he said. Juyeon nodded, and he and Hyunjae rushed into the forest.

"Your hearing is as good as ever," said Joochan as he crossed his arms over his chest. "There's no where to hide," said Kevin. "We have two of the fastest runners in the pack, they can't be beaten," he said. "Also, your pack are a bunch of idiots," he said, as Juyeon howled somewhere in the distance. Eric, Jacob and Kevin dropped their human illusions before running towards the howling. Joochan sighed and rushed after them.

"That didn't take long," said Seungmin as he jumped down from the tree he was in with Donghyun and Jaehyun. Kevin put up his human illusion as he ran into view, coming to a stop a few feet from Seungmin.

"You failed the test by the way," said Kevin as he crossed his arms over his chest, Juyeon and Hyunjae coming up behind Seungmin, Donghyun and Jaehyun. "Joochan was the only one who passed," he said. "The hell?" Asked Donghyun.

"The purpose of the test was to see who the enemy was, yes," said Kevin. "But the plot twist was that if you ran, you were the enemy," he said. "Staying put means you're not the enemy," he added.

"How were we supposed to know that?" Asked Jaehyun. "If you were here with good intentions, you would've stayed," said Kevin. "So we failed, but you're not going to kill us?" Asked Jibeom as he walked into view.

"Now, why would I do that when the real kill switch is on Joochan?" Asked Kevin. "That information isn't easily obtained," said Seungmin. "No, but Yuri was more than willing to give up some information after I gave him what he wanted," said Kevin.

"The hilarious part of it all," said Joochan as he rubbed the back of his neck with his left hand. "Is that if you had split up, they would've had to kill me," he said. "That means that there's a traitor amongst your pack," said Kevin. "Sticking together was the right idea," he said.

"So what's going to happen to us?" Asked Seungmin. "We'll take you in," said Kevin. "But we're splitting you up," said Eric as he and Jacob put up their human illusions.

"I'm going with Eric," said Joochan as he shrugged. "From a prospective of a strategist this works the best," said Kevin. "Because of your chips, and his being the kill switch that keeps all of you alive it's best to keep him away from the front lines as much as possible, which is my territory," he said.

"Also," said Joochan. "I'd rather be with Eric at the moment," he said. "We have a lot to catch up on," he said. "I'm fine with this," said Eric. "As we're splitting everyone up by what animal form they have," he said. "And Joochan is a bear," he added.

"Whoever is a canine, come forward," said Kevin. "Damn it," said Donghyun as he sighed, walking forward with Jibeom. "Alright Mr. Douche Bag," said Kevin as he raised an eyebrow. "Don't make me put you in your place," he said. "Leave it," said Jibeom as Donghyun growled.

"Why do I get stuck with the dog huh?" Asked Donghyun. "That's rich, coming from you," said Kevin as Juyeon growled at him, stepping forward. "I got this Juyeon," said Kevin. "Since the puppy wants to play, come here," he said.

"Donghyun," said Joochan, his alpha's voice coming forward with a growl. "Leave the fight for later yeah?" He asked. "This is our last chance," he said. Donghyun glared at Joochan but backed down, taking a step back to let Kevin know he had stood down. "Good," said Kevin. "Let's go home then," he said, dropping his human illusion and running off, heading home. Juyeon walked passed Donghyun and Jibeom, motioning to follow before he took off after Kevin. Donghyun and Jibeom changed before rushing off after them.

"Seungmin, Jaehyun," said Jacob as he turned to said people. "Come on then," he said, walking back to the house with Hyunjae. Seungmin and Jaehyun looked at each other before following after Jacob and Hyunjae.

"And then there were two," said Eric as he turned to Joochan. "It's been a while," said Joochan as he shrugged, turning to Eric. "I'm taking the human with me," said Eric. "So she sees what things are like in Norway," he said. "Sure, no problem," said Joochan. Eric nodded and headed back to the house with Joochan.

"I should get going then," said Eric as Yoohyeon walked over after packing her things in the backpack she arrived with. "Keep her out of trouble," said Jacob. "I will," said Eric. "Stay out of trouble Joochan," said Seungmin. "Don't worry, I will," said Joochan as he nodded. Eric dropped his human illusion and leaned down to let Yoohyeon climb onto his back. Joochan helped her climb onto Eric's back before moving away and changing. After making sure Yoohyeon was comfortable Eric ran off, heading home with Joochan.

"It's Eric's turn huh?" Asked Sangyeon. "This should be interesting," he hummed. "Sunwoo won't know what to do with her," said Hyunjae as he walked over after changing and getting dressed. "Mhm," hummed Jacob.