Chapter 15

The Three Guardians

"Hyunjae," said Joochan as said person stretched out to get some of the soreness out of his muscles. "Can you go back to Sweden and bring back Jacob's truck?" He asked. "As much as I don't want to separate the 4 of them, Jacob and Kevin have to return to their territories," he said.

"The others need to be let known of what happened," hummed Hyunjae. "Yeah, I'll go," he said. "I'll be back in a few hours with the truck then," he said. "I'll pass on a message to them too," he said. Joochan nodded and Hyunjae went into the forest and changed, rushing back to Sweden as soon as he was on all four feet.

"Is there anything I can do?" Asked Sunwoo as he walked over to Joochan. "I'm not sure," said Joochan. "How are they?" He asked. "Kevin's asleep now," said Sunwoo as he took a deep breath. "Eric and Jacob are watching over him while Yoohyeon is making some soup for everyone," he said.

"Mind helping her?" Asked Joochan. "Some soup would be nice to be fair," he said. "Sure," said Sunwoo as he went to do so. Joochan let out a deep breath as soon as Sunwoo was out of sight, feeling a comforting pulsing coming from his chip. The others seemed to have picked up on his turmoil, and were giving him their support.

 

~



"Kevin's collar disappeared," said Yoohyeon as she stirred the pot. "Really?" Asked Sunwoo. "I wasn't sure why, but I assume it had to do with Bomin," said Yoohyeon. "Bomin's a fox," hummed Sunwoo. "I guess Kevin did something to get him under his contract, and when Bomin brought you here he paid Kevin back for that," he said.

"A fox?" Asked Yoohyeon. "A nine tailed fox," hummed Sunwoo. "Though, Bomin only has one tail at the moment," he said. "I don't know much about the foxes, Kevin knows more about them than the rest of us do," he said. "I see," said Yoohyeon.

 

~



"How is he?" Asked Eric as Jacob brushed his fingers through Kevin's fur. Kevin had returned to his dog form as soon as he fell asleep so they had moved him into Eric's room. "I don't know," said Jacob. "I honestly don't know," he added.

"I think I know who the second fox is going to," said Eric as he sighed. "Ace?" Asked Jacob. "Considering who was running that coven, yeah," hummed Eric. "I'm surprised Ace didn't show up with Ayno when he found out," said Jacob. "He's probably there now, knowing how things are," hummed Eric.

 

~



"Lou," said Ace as he walked over with Ayno flanking to his left like usual. "You're here for the second fox?" Asked Sangyeon as he walked over with a small limp. "Of course, he's with my coven anyway," said Ace.

"He won't be bothering ya'll anymore," said Ayno. "We weren't aware that Geumhyuk would even try something like that," he said. "We'll leave your human alone, I swear on it," he said.

"Ace is a trusted source," said Jaehyun as he walked over. "Joochan knows him, and sometimes goes to him for information," he said. "Is there anyone else we need to be aware of before you go?" Asked Sangyeon as Seungmin brought over Lou after untying him from his restraints. "There's Jacob, but I haven't seen him in years so I don't know where he's hiding," said Ace.

"I doubt he'd show up here without reason though," said Ayno. "Jacob keeps to himself a lot, you'll see us again before seeing him I'm sure," he said. Lou walked over after a nudge from Seungmin and Ace raised up his left hand that had a ring on the ring finger in goodbye. "I'll see you around," said Ace, turning and sprinting off. Ayno waited on Lou to follow after him before running after the both of them, leaving the area as fast as possible.

"You can come out Hyunjae," called Sangyeon and said cheetah walked out of the forest. "Go and get washed up, I think I know what you're here for," he said, turning to Hyunjae. Hyunjae nodded and went to change and enter the house to take a much needed shower and put on some clothes.

 

~



Chanhee was walking again, though he now had a slight limp from something not healing right, and Jibeom refused to break his back again to try and fix it. Seongyoon offered a chip to help compensate for it, but Chanhee had refused, seeing how the chip had affected those that already had it first hand.

"The second fox was picked up," said Donghyun as he walked over to Chanhee. "I see," hummed Chanhee. "We'll leave Youngtaek's fate to Kevin at this point," he said. "I'd think that that'd be what he'd want anyway," he said. "I'm sure," said Donghyun.

"Do you know when they'll be back?" Asked Chanhee. "As soon as Hyunjae takes Jacob home, he'll come drop off Kevin and Yoohyeon," said Donghyun. "Everyone will need time to grieve," he said. "Of course," hummed Chanhee.

"We're going back to Russia," said Seongyoon as he walked over. "We'll leave Youngtaek with you though, his punishment isn't with us," he said. "I'm sorry, about what he had done if that counts for anything," he said.

"It's nothing," said Chanhee. "You can go, we know you didn't mean to do what you did," he said. "If you need us for anything, we're just a city away," said Seongyoon. Chanhee nodded, and Seongyoon soon sprinted off, back to Russia.

"How's Juyeon doing?" Asked Chanhee. "He's a lot better now," said Donghyun. "Some scarring on his stomach, but nothing too bad," he said. "That's good," hummed Chanhee. "Kevin will want a report when he gets back, to get a sense of normalcy back," he said. "Right," hummed Donghyun.

 

~



"Kevin," Jacob said gently, shaking Kevin awake. "It's time to get up, we need to head home," he said. Kevin lifted his head, looking at Jacob before nodding and standing, stretching as he put up his human illusion. Jacob moved back to give him some room as Kevin took in his surroundings.

"How are you feeling?" Asked Jacob as he looked concerned. "I could be better," said Kevin as he rubbed the back of his neck, finally noticing that the collar was indeed gone from his neck. "Huh, I guess it did go away," he said.

"You want some food to eat before we go?" Asked Jacob. "I'll be fine," said Kevin as he shook his head. "I'm ready to go home now," he said. "Come on then," said Jacob before he left the room. Kevin followed after him, and Eric met them outside as he was speaking with Hyunjae while Yoohyeon stood nearby, ready to go.

"I can drive," said Jacob. "You need a chance to finally just not do anything for a few hours," he said. "You sure?" Asked Hyunjae as he turned to Jacob. "Yeah, no problem," said Jacob. "You've done a lot for us already," he said. "Okay," said Hyunjae.

"Take care of things here," said Jacob as he turned to Eric. "I'll do my best, it's what I've always done," said Eric as he nodded. "You guys be careful alright?" He asked. "We will," said Jacob. Kevin nodded. "We have to be more careful now, that we have a new member to the family," he said. "Right," said Jacob.

"Tell me how we're related again?" Asked Yoohyeon. "Well, apparently our father was having an affair, but we never knew until recently," said Kevin as he turned to Yoohyeon. "We found out through Bomin, who had found out through whatever sources he had," he said. "I see," said Yoohyeon.

"I wondered why Kevin brought you to us," said Eric. "But now it makes more sense," he said. "I'm a bit overprotective when it comes to family," said Kevin as he scratched the back of his head. "But for the longest time I thought it was just us three, and then we found you," he said.

 

~



"Well," said Eric as he patted the truck. "Have a safe drive home," he said. Jacob waved from his spot in the driver's seat with Hyunjae in the passenger seat and Kevin waved from his spot behind Jacob while Yoohyeon did the same from behind Hyunjae. Jacob soon started the truck and backed out of the driveway, starting the journey home.

Joochan and Sunwoo walked over after they left, going to stand beside Eric. "We have to rest and try and move on," said Joochan. "I know," said Eric as he turned around to face Sunwoo and Joochan. "We'll worry about the others later," he said. "We'll hear from them when they get back to their territories anyway," he added. "Let's just try to recoup what we have left," he said. Sunwoo and Joochan nodded.