Chapter 12

The Three Guardians

"It looks like you'll be staying here a bit longer," said Eric as he turned to Yoohyeon. "Kevin's on the manhunt right now," he said. "It's safer here than to be on the front lines," he said. "Why what's wrong?" Asked Yoohyeon. "The traitor made himself known, by killing a human," said Eric.

"You're not going to help him?" Asked Yoohyeon. "Kevin can take care of himself," said Eric. "Believe me," he said. "The others in his side of the pack are also capable of fighting the traitor," he said. "If they get overpowered, Kevin will get to him to end him," he said.

 

~



"How was I supposed to know that Youngtaek would do that?!" Shouted Seongyoon as Kevin confronted him with Changmin and Chanhee flanking him, the both of them in their animal forms.

"I should've played the game of cat and mouse with you before even letting you stay here," growled Kevin as he took a threatening step forward. "Where did he go?" He asked. "I don't know," said Seongyoon.

"Jangjun?" Asked Kevin as said person shook his head. "I'm not entirely sure either," he said. "If anything he went back to his master," said Kevin. "Changmin, Chanhee, go scout to make sure he didn't slaughter any other humans," he said, and said people rushed off to do so. "Juyeon, go tell Jacob what happened, so if we get overrun, he'll expect something," he said. Juyeon bowed before changing and running off towards Sweden as fast as his legs could carry him.

"And us?" Asked Donghyun. "Keep these two in your sights, them back to Russia and if Yuri yells at you, tell him that the traitor has made himself known," he said. Jibeom sighed. "Okay," he said. "Sorry, but this has become personal now," growled Kevin. "Alright," said Donghyun as he and Jibeom changed, going over to Seongyoon and Jangjun.

"If you are still our allies, I suggest you go," said Kevin. "Unless you want me to end you right here and now," he said. Seongyoon sighed, turning and running off. Jangjun had no choice but to follow. Donghyun and Jibeom quickly followed after them. Kevin dropped his human illusion, frustrated growls escaping him as he followed the pull of the contract to where Youngtaek had run off to.

 

~



"It was only a matter of time before he made himself known huh?" Asked Jacob as Juyeon delivered the news. "Be prepared for anything then," he said, nodding to Juyeon. "Go back, help Kevin," he said. "I know you want to be able to do something," he said. Juyeon looked relieved to do so, nodding as he turned around. "Be careful," said Jacob. "I will," said Juyeon as he changed and ran off, back to Finland.

"Younghoon, Sangyeon," called Jacob. "Get ready, if Finland falls we're next," he said as everyone ran over after Juyeon left. "Hyunjae, go to the borders, keep an eye on things," he said as Younghoon and Sangyeon went to prepare for anything and everything. Hyunjae nodded, changing and making a beeline for the borders between Sweden and Finland.

"Seungmin, Jaehyun," said Jacob as he turned to said people. "I know you don't know how we do things, but we're the last wall between here and Norway," he said. "We have to defend this country as much as we can," he said. "If Finland falls, we will know," he said. "If Sweden falls, there's not much between here and Norway, there won't be much time to get to Eric," he said.

"This is your last chance to back out," he said. "Hell no," said Seungmin. "A traitor needs to be dealt with no matter who they are and what pack/coven they belong to," he said. "I second that," said Jaehyun. "We're staying," he said.

 

~



Eric was full leader mode, ready for anything and everything at this point. "Is everything ready?" He asked. "It should be," said Haknyeon. "The hidden room is set up, everything should be set for the human," he said.

"You never explained how important she is to you three," said Joochan. "If we survive this whole ordeal, we'll tell you," said Eric. "It seems our father was hiding an affair," he said.

"Sunwoo," said Joochan. "How safe is this hidden room?" He asked. "Safe enough to hide her scent, I made sure of it," said Sunwoo.

 

~



"Was this a cry for help?" Asked Kevin as he stopped a few feet behind Youngtaek as Youngtaek stood next to a river. "Why do you think that?" Asked Youngtaek as he turned around, the earring glinting in the sunlight on his left ear.

"Well," said Kevin as he felt his contract reacting with Youngtaek. "A fox like you wouldn't want to remain tied to a vampire for much longer huh?" He asked. "Especially when you have to act like one in front of another coven," he said.

"Please, I enjoy the speed this brings me," said Youngtaek as he moved his head, his eyes now shining gold as his true nature came forward. "I believe you," said Kevin as he shifted on his feet slightly, ready to attack as Youngtaek made the first move, rushing forward to grab Kevin by the neck. Kevin moved out of the way, dropping his human illusion and attacking Youngtaek.

 

~



Jacob got to his feet, feeling the contract reacting to Kevin's fight with Youngtaek. "It's started," he said. "Let's hope he doesn't show up," he said.

"Just how powerful is he?" Asked Jaehyun. "Enough to kill a pack of 'shifters by himself," said Jacob. "With a fox by his side? Even more powerful," he said. "Where'd he find this guy anyway?" Asked Seungmin. "Probably the same way we found Yuri," said Jacob. "Russia is a good place for foxes to hide," he said.

 

~



Eric was jumpy, pacing back and forth as his side of the contract reacted to whatever was going on with Kevin. Jun probably had it worse, but he didn't know, or bother to ask. "You're gonna wear a hole in the floor," said Joochan. "Sorry, whatever's going on is setting off all alarms," said Eric.

"Everything should be fine, this is Kevin we're talking about here," said Joochan. "Kevin is also not a fighter," said Eric. "This is frustrating as hell," he said. "He'll make it, believe me," said Joochan. "Practically indestructible remember," he said. "Right right," grumbled Eric.