Chapter 14

The Three Guardians

Seongyoon couldn't just sit there, not after everything had happened. He and Jangjun rushed back across the borders into Finland and eventually came across Youngtaek, Donghyun and Juyeon. Jibeom had left after making sure that Juyeon was now healing, leaving Donghyun to watch over the traitor while Juyeon rested. "Where's Kevin?" Asked Seongyoon as he paused after Donghyun snarled at him. "Where else but closer to Sweden?" Asked Youngtaek as he shrugged. "I'll deal with you later," growled Seongyoon as he rushed in the direction of Sweden.

Jangjun went and punched Youngtaek in the face, with Youngtaek spitting blood as he touched his cheek with his hand. "After everything they've done for us, you do this?!" Shouted Jangjun. Youngtaek could only look away, wiping blood from his mouth as he spat onto the ground again.

 

~



Seongyoon came across Kevin and Jibeom who was tending to Chanhee who had since returned to human form and was lying on his back. "Why did you show up again?" Asked Kevin as he didn't look up from tending to Chanhee. "I couldn't just sit there and let you lose your sister after all you've done for me," said Seongyoon.

"So you've known this whole time," said Kevin as he turned to Seongyoon. "I found out through Bomin," said Seongyoon. "He was repaying your kindness to him when you took him in, thus why he brought her over," he said. "I didn't have a choice at the time," hummed Kevin. "But yes, I remember that," he said. "He's bound to Daeyeol now, as my item disappeared after he showed up with her," he said.

"Go," said Seongyoon. "I know you want to help your brothers fight him off," he said. "I'll keep an eye on Chanhee," he said. "Go back to keeping an eye on the fox," said Kevin as he got up. "Chanhee's healing kicked in so Jibeom is making sure everything is healing correctly," he said.

"I'll be fine," said Jibeom. "The battle is over here, just take Changmin back with you, okay?" He asked. "We'll have a proper funeral when this is all over," said Kevin. Jibeom nodded. "We will," he said. Seongyoon nodded and went to pick up Changmin as Kevin dropped his human illusion and ran off, in the direction of Jacob's territory. He just hoped he didn't get there too late. Seongyoon took Changmin back with him, holding his body carefully in his arms as he did so.

Jibeom let out a sigh as he looked down at Chanhee who honestly could be better. "I'd hate to add you to the list of dead bodies at this rate," he said. "Let's hope your healing manages to bring you back from this yeah?" He asked.

 

~



He quickly dispatched all but Jacob who was honestly trying his hardest to keep from collapsing as he now fought with him in human form. Jaehyun and Seungmin were luckily able to bounce back the quickest and were able to rejoin the fight thanks to their chips.

Younghoon and Sangyeon were struggling to get back into the fight, but the injuries sustained were enough to keep them down for the time being. Younghoon managed to jump in the way of an attack meant for Jacob as he pushed forward after having enough of the shenanigans, crushing Younghoon's throat and killing him.

Kevin appeared just as Jacob fell to his knees, finally just collapsing from exhaustion and grief. "Back for more puppy?" He asked as Kevin tackled him, snarling as adrenaline rushed through his veins to try and avenge Younghoon's death.

Jacob got to his feet, the anger taking over his grief as he dropped his human illusion, attacking him with renewed vigor. Jaehyun and Seungmin were forced away from the fight when a new figure entered the battlefield, scattering the fight and forcing Kevin and Jacob to divide their attention between the new enemy and him.

Another fox? Kevin growled as he went straight for Norway, quickly rushing after him. Jacob eyed the new fox who just fell to his knees as his item disappeared. Sangyeon limped over, nudging for Jacob to go. They had to get to Norway and quickly.

Seungmin walked over after changing back to his human form and putting on a pair of shorts. "Go," he said. "I'll keep an eye on things here," he said. Jacob put up his human illusion. "Keep an eye on this new fox, he may be tied to the other traitor," he said. Seungmin nodded and Jacob dropped his human illusion, running in the direction that Kevin had run off to.

 

~



Eric was pissed, though he kept a level head and had Haknyeon put Yoohyeon in the hidden room, promising to come back to her when this was hopefully all over.

"We got this," said Joochan. "Just like old times huh?" He asked. "Definitely like old times," said Eric. Hyunjae, who had arrived hours ago to let them know what had happened, stood by their side in his cheetah form, growling as he prepared himself for the fight.

Sunwoo walked over after changing to his grizzly bear form, huffing and growling as he prepared for the fight. Haknyeon soon joined them after making sure the hidden room was secure, changing to his brown bear form as he stretched, readying himself for the last big fight they would ever get since the war that took the three brothers' lives.

"Here they come," said Eric as he dropped his human illusion. Joochan changed to his polar bear form, snarling as he came into view. "Well, I didn't think I'd face the tanks so quickly," he said. Jacob and Kevin were not too far behind him, the both of them falling into a familiar fighting routine with Eric as everyone went after him.

Haknyeon was the first to fall, a miscalculation causing him to grab a hold of his neck and bringing him into a choke hold. He was quick to snap Haknyeon's neck before anyone could save him, causing Eric to roar in rage as he threw Haknyeon off to the side.

Sunwoo was next, getting thrown into Hyunjae who was just leaping at him. They both went crashing into the ground, Hyunjae just barely missing being crushed by Sunwoo's larger form. They both got back into the fight as soon as they could, providing a distraction while the three brothers and Joochan thought up a plan.

Kevin had to think and fast, knowing this was his last chance to keep their newly found out sister alive. He noticed a strong looking tree branch high above him and leaped up, grabbing it and twisting his body around it in a flip to break the branch and land on his feet. He smashed the branch into the ground to break it off even more, making sure there were sharp edges and quickly rushed forward, bringing up his human illusion as he the stake straight into his chest.

"This is it then," he coughed, looking down at the branch that speared through his chest. "There's a reason I'm in charge of strategy," said Kevin as he pushed him backwards into another tree and effectively spearing him there.

"Any last words, Geumhyuk?" Asked Eric as he put up his human illusion. "There will be more to my coven than just me, my reign may be over but there is one more just as powerful as I," he said. "The 9th will show up eventually," he said. Kevin removed the stake, watching as Geumhyuk turned to ashes before dropping the stake to the ground.

"We won," said Kevin as he fell to his knees. "We won, but at what cost?" He asked, a sob escaping him as the grief hit him full force. Eric and Jacob quickly went to his side, putting up their human illusions and bringing Kevin into their arms as Kevin started sobbing, the loss of their pack members fully hitting him as his mind caught up with what had happened. Joochan and Sunwoo looked away from the scene, letting Eric and Jacob comfort Kevin.

Sunwoo went to change and put on clothes before going to get Yoohyeon while Joochan went to change and put on clothes to go tend to Haknyeon who had since returned to his human form after death.

Yoohyeon came outside with Sunwoo after a few minutes, going straight to the three brothers and doing her best to comfort each of them by wrapping her arms around Jacob and Eric and letting Kevin sob into her shoulder.