Chapter 10

The Three Guardians

Bomin shifted slightly, his head tilting to the side as he studied the human shivering in fear in front of him. "Bomin," came a voice as Daeyeol walked over, wondering what was wrong. He blinked in surprise when he saw who was in front of Bomin.

"How'd you get separated from them huh?" Asked Bomin as he leaned down in front of Yoohyeon. "I-I," said Yoohyeon as Bomin reached out to move a strand of hair from her face. "Eric's going to be pissed," hummed Daeyeol as he went to make a phone call.

 

~



"What do you mean you lost her?!" Shouted Eric as he pinned Sunwoo against the wall. "I-I didn't mean to lose sight of her I swear," said Sunwoo. "She just went to use the bathroom and that was all!" He said. "She hadn't even been here an hour and we've lost her," growled Eric.

"She's been found," said Haknyeon as he had a phone up to his ear listening to Daeyeol talk. "Where is she?" Asked Eric. "She's somewhere in the town," said Haknyeon. "Bomin said he'd bring her over, if that's okay," he said. "Do it," said Eric. "Bring her over," Haknyeon said into the phone before hanging up after Bomin gave his confirmation.

"I let her go shopping with you for one hour and this happened?!" Said Eric as he turned his attention to Sunwoo. "What was I supposed to do? Follow her into the bathroom?" Asked Sunwoo. "You could've tracked her down," growled Eric.

"It was an honest mistake," said Joochan as he tried to diffuse the situation. "At least she was found, right?" He asked. Eric let out a deep breath as he closed his eyes to calm himself down. "Right," said Eric as he opened his eyes. "Sorry, Jun's unusually pissed off right now, for some reason," he said.

"Jacob's probably got it worse," said Joochan as he studied Eric with a small tilt of his head. "Probably," said Eric as he let out a sigh. "I wonder what's got him so pissed off this time," he hummed, turning when he heard footsteps.

"She was unharmed," said Bomin as he carried Yoohyeon on his back. "I recognized her scent immediately, so I went after it to see what was up," he said. "Where's your companion, Daeyeol?" Asked Eric. "He went off to hunt," said Bomin. "He's in the forest somewhere," he said, letting Yoohyeon down as Haknyeon went to check on her.

"You don't need to hunt?" Asked Eric. "I'm fine," said Bomin as he turned to Yoohyeon who was mumbling something about "stupid vampires and their thirst." Eric tilted his head to the side before blinking in surprise.

"You didn't," said Joochan as he turned to Bomin. "I didn't take any blood from her," said Bomin. "You had vampires in your city," he said.

"He's right," said Daeyeol as he walked over, wiping bits of blood from his mouth. "Deer by the way," he added in case they asked. "But I don't smell any humans on him except for her and that was from when he carried her here," he said. "He's been with me the whole time, we only split so I could go hunting," he said.

"H-He didn't drink my blood," said Yoohyeon as she looked up at Eric. "He found me after some vampires almost went after me," she said. "He killed them," she said. "I see," hummed Eric.

"She's fine," said Haknyeon as he finished looking Yoohyeon over. "Just in shock," he added. "Nothing a good night's rest won't fix," he said. "Good," said Eric. "You're free to go," he said, turning to Bomin and Daeyeol. Bomin bowed before turning and running off. Daeyeol looked at Yoohyeon for a minute before turning and following after Bomin.

 

~



Kevin stood beside Jun in his dog form, growling at the vampire in front of them. "You've come awfully close to their territory here," said Jun as he could feel the anger spiking from Kevin, which was a rare event in it of itself.

"I'm just looking for a certain human," he said. "Whoever you're looking for, they're not here," said Jun as he put a calming hand on Kevin's head. "You're really guarded for someone who doesn't own this territory," he said.

"Back off," said Kevin as he put up his human illusion. "There is no human here," he said. "I'm not giving you permission to enter my territory so back off," he growled. "Fine," he said. "I'll be back," he added before turning and sprinting off.

Kevin relaxed, sighing as he flopped down onto the floor. "I come for a visit and end up with this?" Asked Jun. "Sorry, I wasn't expecting him to show up," said Kevin.

"Let's go home," said Jun as he turned to Kevin. "Sure," hummed Kevin as he got up and dropped his human illusion and ran home. Jun rushed after him.

Youngtaek met them as he was out scouting, heading to the borders between the two countries. "Where are you off to?" Asked Jun. "Just doing some scouting," said Youngtaek. "This close to the borders?" Asked Jun. "I was told Yuri needed me for something," said Youngtaek. Kevin nodded for him to go ahead and Youngtaek continued his journey to the borders. Jun and Kevin continued their trip home.

 

~



Youngtaek approached the border, spotting a familiar face as he came to a stop. "I didn't think you'd make it," he said. "I was stopped, but I made up an excuse," said Youngtaek as he lowered his gaze, his bangs covering his eyes.

"Where is she?" He asked. "Norway," said Youngtaek. "I don't know when she's coming back here," he said. "I'll update you when I get word of it," he said. "You better," he said. "I will, don't worry," said Youngtaek as he lifted his head to look at him, his eyes shining gold for a second before returning to their normal color.

"Go then," he said. Youngtaek bowed and straightened up before turning and running back to the pack house.