Chapter 13

The Three Guardians

Kevin and Youngtaek leaped at each other, Youngtaek shifting into his fox form in mid air as they both collided. Youngtaek knew he had no chance, but he was going to die trying if it meant he could break the contract he was in. He had to provide a distraction, but how much more could he take before he showed up?

Juyeon showed up right in the nick of time, launching himself at Youngtaek and going straight for one of his tails. Kevin rolled out of the way, watching as Juyeon grabbed a hold of one of Youngtaek's tails and biting down. Youngtaek lashed out, twisting around and biting a sizable chunk out of Juyeon's side. Juyeon let go, collapsing as he did so, whines escaping him as he tried to move.

Kevin howled in rage as he launched himself at Youngtaek, forcing Youngtaek to move out of the way and away from Juyeon. The sounds of footsteps were heard as Changmin and Chanhee showed up, snarling at Youngtaek as they launched themselves at him in rage. Youngtaek was able to jump out of the way, finding himself outnumbered. He growled at the two wolves and one dog in front of him, baring his teeth in a challenge. A blur rushed passed him and that caused Youngtaek to move back more as Changmin and Chanhee were forced to run after said blur.

Kevin was torn between going after him or just dealing with Youngtaek whose earring had seemingly disappeared. "What a way to repay the kindness," spat Kevin as he put up his human illusion. Youngtaek bared his teeth in a smirk as he shifted, returning to his human form. "Well, I never said how I would do it," he said. "Go take care of your friend, lest you want him to die before your two trackers," he said.

Donghyun and Jibeom ran over as soon as they could, going straight to Juyeon who was struggling to remain conscious. For some reason his healing never kicked in, which was a real concern. Kevin was doing everything he could for Juyeon, trying to keep him alive. "If only Chanhee didn't run off," he grumbled, turning to look at Donghyun and Jibeom. "Which one of you is a medic?" He asked. Jibeom returned to human form, nodding. "Go, I can keep an eye on him," he said. "Keep an eye on that damn fox too," grumbled Kevin as he dropped his human illusion and ran off, rushing to get to Changmin and Chanhee before he lost them too.

Donghyun turned his attention to Youngtaek, growls escaping him as Youngtaek simply stayed where he was at, finally able to relax.

 

~



Changmin and Chanhee faced off the vampire in the best way they could, fighting as a team. It was a way they managed to stay on top of spars, teamwork was what they could do best. The most important part, was that they didn't get him any closer to Sweden, even at the cost of their lives.

"Such a waste of potential," he said as he let Changmin bite into his shoulder. "The mutt was treating you in the worst way," he said, grabbing Changmin by the snout and basically crushing his top jaw in his grip before throwing the wolf over his shoulder and slamming Changmin into the ground. He just had fast enough reflexes to move out of the way of Chanhee who leaped at him.

He quickly dispatched Chanhee, crushing his back in the process and leaving the wolf whimpering on the ground. Changmin struggled to get to his feet, howling into the sky to let everyone know that they were down. He quickly leaped at Changmin and crushed his throat in his grip, breaking his neck in the process. Chanhee was helpless as he watched Changmin's lifeless body fall to the floor after returning to his human form.

Kevin quickly rushed into view, launching himself at him in rage. They battled it out as long as Kevin could, his rage taking over his mind. He definitely put up a decent fight though, and went toe to toe with Kevin while keeping himself from getting torn to pieces.

A lull in the fight caused him to continue the journey to Sweden, much to Kevin's annoyance. Kevin found his body giving up on itself though, as he collapsed to his knees after putting up his human illusion. "We lost," said Kevin as he punched the ground in frustration. "Damn it, we lost!" He screamed into the sky. Chanhee let out the loudest howl he could muster up, hoping that it would send the message across.

Kevin struggled to get to his feet, almost crawling to Changmin's body and moving to close Changmin's eyes with a defeated sigh, a sob soon escaping him as he grieved over the death of a dear friend.

 

~



Hyunjae rushed back home from the border as soon as the howl was heard, knowing he was running out of time. The message was clear though, Finland had fallen.

Jacob winced as he felt the contract reacting to Kevin's grief. He kept a ready stance though, as Hyunjae rushed over as soon as he could.

"Go, I know what happened," said Jacob when Hyunjae showed up. "This just got personal," he growled. "Get to Norway, get there as fast as you can," he said. Hyunjae nodded and soon rushed off again, heading straight to Norway.

"Get ready for anything," said Jacob as Younghoon and Sangyeon flanked him, with Seungmin and Jaehyun behind Younghoon and Sangyeon respectively. "This is your last chance to back out," he said. The two jaguars behind him hissed in response, and Jacob took that as they were staying.

"How many more people have to die so you can get your satisfaction huh?" Spat Jacob as he showed up. "None, if you just let me get to her," he said. "Not a chance, I'm not letting you anywhere near my sister," hissed Jacob as he dropped his human illusion, launching himself at him.

Younghoon and Sangyeon followed the attack, working with Jacob like old times as they went after him. Seungmin and Jaehyun jumped into the battle as soon as they could, attacking as one with Younghoon, Sangyeon and Jacob like they've been doing it for years.

 

~



"We lost Finland, damn it," said Eric as he paced back and forth in frustration. "We got this," said Joochan. "Jacob can hold down the fort I'm sure," he said. "It's 5 against one, what could happen?" He asked.

"If our sources were correct, he has two foxes under his wing, which means even if one is done with his duties, the other is still powerful enough to get him a boost," said Eric. Joochan blinked in surprise. "You're kidding," he said. "No," said Eric.

"And I'm pretty sure he's not stupid enough to bring both into this mess," said Eric. "If he is, we may have a chance," he said. "If they both manage to repay their kindness that was given to them, it leaves him vulnerable," he said.