Chapter 6

The Three Guardians

Kevin patted Juyeon on the shoulder as he stood before Kevin in wolf form, adjusting the collar around his neck. "Keep an eye on her okay?" He asked. Juyeon nodded. "Come back as soon as you can, I need to meet up with Yuri," said Kevin.

"Tell me why I can't go by car again?" Asked Yoohyeon as she walked over with a backpack slung over her shoulders. "Juyeon's quicker than a car, and your scent is more masked compared to being in a car," said Kevin. "Just hang onto the collar, you should be fine," he said. Juyeon leaned down and Kevin helped Yoohyeon onto his back.

"Jacob is fine with me being there right?" Asked Yoohyeon as she gripped onto the collar when Juyeon moved, fully standing now as he waited for the conversation to be done. "He is, don't worry," said Kevin. "Okay," said Yoohyeon. "Be careful," Kevin said to Juyeon who nodded before turning and running off, being careful to not cause Yoohyeon to fall.

"She's finally gone," said Daeyeol as he walked into view with the other vampires. "Go get freshened up or whatever," said Kevin. "I'm going to the borders," he said, turning to Daeyeol. "We'll meet you there," said Seongyoon as he nodded. Kevin dropped his human illusion, huffing as Changmin and Chanhee came into view. He nodded to them and rushed into the forest, Changmin and Chanhee following after him.

 

~



Yuri was standing at the borders between the two countries, keeping his arms crossed over his chest as Kevin appeared with Changmin and Chanhee.

"You're late," said Yuri as Kevin put up his human illusion. "I had to see the human off, I couldn't just let her go without reason," said Kevin as he shrugged. "Otherwise she'd be questioning why we're sending her off for apparently no reason," he said. "Right, humans are complicated creatures," Yuri said with a scoff.

"I wouldn't know," said Kevin as he shrugged. "Of course you wouldn't," said Yuri.

"What brings you here anyway?" Asked Kevin. "I wanted to speak with Seongyoon, but it seems that they're not here yet," said Yuri. "They went to freshen up," said Kevin.

"If it's about our city," called Seongyoon as he ran into view with the others, coming to a stop beside Kevin. "He's still occupying it," said Yuri. "Of course he is," grumbled Seongyoon. "We wish to have our city back you know," said Youngtaek. "You know how he is," said Yuri.

"Why is he so close to Finland anyway?" Asked Kevin. "He is close to finding out where your human is," said Yuri. "I believe you moving her may throw him off your tail for a bit," he said. "From what I know anyway," he added. "This is as close to your place as possible, but he knows better than to try and enter your territory," he said. "Damn right," grumbled Kevin. Changmin and Chanhee snort in agreement, shifting on their feet as they got restless.

"You can go," said Yuri as he looked at Kevin. "My business is with the St Petersburg Coven," he said. "That means we go too then," said Daeyeol. "Go," said Kevin. "We'll meet you back at the house," he said. Daeyeol and Bomin nod before sprinting off. Kevin turned to Changmin and Chanhee before dropping his human illusion and rushing off with them following after him.

 

~



"Jacob, we got a visitor," called Hyunjae as he walked into Jacob's office. "Who is it?" Asked Jacob as he looked up at Hyunjae. "It's Juyeon and a human," said Hyunjae. "Kevin couldn't come himself huh?" Asked Jacob as he got up. "Get Younghoon and meet me outside," he said. Hyunjae bowed before going to do so. Jacob headed out as Hyunjae and Younghoon went to flank him as they headed outside. Sangyeon was already there, fixing a stern gaze at Juyeon who glared right back, soft growls escaping him as Yoohyeon clung to Juyeon in fear.

"Enough Sangyeon, you're scaring the human," said Jacob, his alpha's voice there just enough to get Sangyeon to back down with a head bow as he went to stand beside Younghoon. "You're not gonna let her down Juyeon?" He asked, fixing his gaze at Juyeon. Juyeon leaned down and Yoohyeon slid off his back, her knees buckling as she leaned against Juyeon's side to keep steady.

"Kevin had to um," said Yoohyeon as she composed herself, brushing her fingers through Juyeon's surprisingly soft fur. "He had to meet up with Yuri," she said. "I see," hummed Jacob. "Go then Juyeon," he said. "She'll be fine in our care," he said. Juyeon nodded, bowing by leaning down on his front paws before straightening and turning before running off, back home.

"Sorry," said Jacob as he relaxed, walking over to Yoohyeon. "We had to make sure you weren't being followed," he said. "How?" Asked Yoohyeon. "As soon as Juyeon turned his back we would've known," said Jacob.

"Kevin's territory is the first line of defense," said Younghoon. "If his territory was taken over they wouldn't've left any survivors," he said. "If his territory falls, we're next," he said. "Juyeon is the fastest runner in the pack, so for him to be alive well," he said, shrugging.

"It would've been nice to be let known of a visit," said Sangyeon. "Well, I was told that she'd be brought here, but I was under the assumption of Kevin coming with her by car," said Jacob. "This meeting couldn't be avoided apparently," said Yoohyeon. "And the vampires in the area are expected to be out of hiding so that's why he sent Juyeon with me instead," she said.

"Kevin has vampires under his care?" Asked Jacob. "It's the St Petersburg coven," said Yoohyeon. "At least, that's what he had explained to me," she said. "They're there until they get their city back," she said. "Ah," hummed Jacob.

"Hyunjae," said Jacob. "Is the spare bed in your room still?" He asked, turning to Hyunjae. "Yeah," said Hyunjae. "Good, she'll be with you," said Jacob. Hyunjae blinked in surprise. "Okay," he said, turning to go get the room ready.

"You don't have a spare room?" Asked Yoohyeon. "It's my office, which is where I sleep in general," said Jacob as he shrugged. "Unlike Kevin and Eric, my room actually has stuff in it that's being used," he said. "We'll let you get some rest," he said. "I'm sure you need it after the journey you took," he said. Yoohyeon blinked before realizing how tired she really was as the adrenaline wore off as she nearly collapsed. Jacob went to catch her, picking her up bridal style and bringing her into the house. Hyunjae cleared off the spare bed and Jacob put her down, maneuvering the backpack off her shoulders before letting her lay down to get some sleep before leaving the room with Hyunjae.

 

~



Kevin huffed out a sigh as he found yet another vampire at his doorstep. "Okay Sungyeol, what do you want?" He asked. "Daeyeol wished to speak with me," said Sungyeol. "He went hunting with Bomin in the forest somewhere," said Kevin. "You're welcome to go look," he said.

"With your two trackers out there? Are you crazy?" Asked Sungyeol. "They know you through Chani, don't worry," said Kevin. "Go," he said. "Fine," said Sungyeol as he rubbed the back of his neck before turning and sprinting off into the forest to find his brother and Bomin.

"People really need to stop just showing up without letting us know ahead of time," grumbled Kevin as Juyeon ran into view. "Welcome back," said Kevin. Juyeon inclined his head before going over to Kevin and changing, walking inside to take a shower after Kevin moved out of the way.

Things were suddenly boring without the human there. What else could Kevin do but wait for the news of the St Petersburg coven. He didn't mind the vampires' presence but instinct still caused him to be wary.

"Jacob thought we lost the territory," said Juyeon as he walked out onto the back deck to sit down beside Kevin who sat on a bench reading a book. "I wouldn't be surprised," hummed Kevin. "I did tell him Yoohyeon was heading there, but I guess he thought I was bringing her over," he said. "I guess so," hummed Juyeon.