Chapter 3

The Three Guardians

Months passed, and Yoohyeon fell into a sort of routine. Kevin didn't have many rules for her, but a big one was to never wander anywhere alone. At least, when it came to being outside. Changmin and Chanhee patrolled their land often, so they were sure she'd be fine but Juyeon often accompanied her anyway, more due to him not having anything to do.

"So what do you do in the pack?" Asked Yoohyeon as she walked with Juyeon in the forest near the property. "Not much really," said Juyeon. "I'm home a lot because I'm in charge of Kevin's side of the information network," he said. "That sounds rather boring," said Yoohyeon, causing Juyeon to laugh. "I guess, but it's not as boring as you think," said Juyeon.

"How do you know Daeyeol and Bomin?" Asked Yoohyeon. "I don't actually," said Juyeon. "Kevin knew them though," he added. "Vampires don't usually come through here anyway, we don't allow them to hunt so there's no point," he said. "Well, we let one vampire hunt here, but that's mostly due to him hunting one human each territory he goes into," he said. "I see," said Yoohyeon.

 

~



A sigh left Kevin as he and Juyeon stared down Yunho, Gunmin and MK. "What brings you three here?" He asked. "Missions," said Yunho. "For how long?" Asked Kevin. "A few weeks or so," said Yunho. "The three of us each have our own missions," he said. "So it'll take longer than usual to be done with them," he said.

Kevin hummed, and Juyeon eyed them with a calculating look. "Let them stay for a bit," said Juyeon. "Yunho saved the human I think," he added.

"At the cost of my brother's life," Yunho said with a scoff. "But I won't harm her," he said. "When I was told exactly who was after her I couldn't bring myself to harm her," he said. "But," he added. "I won't stop him, if he shows up," he said. "I don't expect you to," said Kevin. Yunho nodded.

"Just be out of here as soon as you're done with your missions," said Kevin. "We will," said Yunho. "You're in the livingroom for the time being," said Kevin. "I'll get Changmin and Chanhee to get you some blankets and pillows," he said.

 

~



"I-I'm sorry for your loss," said Yoohyeon as she stood beside Yunho as he sat down in the grass in the backyard to meditate. "It's okay," hummed Yunho as he shrugged. "San was dying anyway," he said.

"What do you mean he was dying?" Asked Yoohyeon. "From what Yeosang had said when I asked, San's body started rejecting the blood he was drinking again," said Yunho. "He was able to cure it by hunting a human last time but," he said, shrugging. "He thought it was his time to die," said Yoohyeon. "Pretty much," hummed Yunho.

"Now, leave me be," said Yunho. "I need to meditate," he said. Yoohyeon nodded, turning and bumping into Kevin who had walked over to talk to Yunho. "Go inside," said Kevin as he tousled her hair. "Juyeon has a project he wants to do with you," he said. "Really?" Asked Yoohyeon. Kevin nodded. Yoohyeon rushed inside, earning a small chuckle from Yunho as Kevin watched her go.

"A weird human huh?" Asked Kevin as he turned to Yunho. "Of course," hummed Yunho as he shook his head. "Things are odd though," he said. "I expected to be after her next for some reason, but here we are doing regular missions to ease myself back into doing them," he said.

"Why did you think you'd be sent after her?" Asked Kevin. "Not to kill her obviously," said Yunho as he opened his eyes to look at Kevin. "To move her somewhere else," he said. "Right," said Kevin.

"How long are you gonna be out here?" Asked Kevin. "Not too long, I just need some time to think," said Yunho. "Alright, come inside whenever," said Kevin. Yunho nodded and Kevin turned, walking back into the house.

 

~



"What did you want to do with me?" Asked Yoohyeon as Juyeon was in the kitchen looking through his phone. "Well," said Juyeon as he looked up at Yoohyeon. "Kevin gave me the day off, so I was going to ask if you wanted to go shopping with me today," he said.

"I don't know what i'd want to get though," said Yoohyeon. "I'm sure you'll find something," said Juyeon. "You don't have to get anything today, but we can always get it later," he said.

"What's the occasion?" Asked Yoohyeon. "I just wanted to get some shopping done," Juyeon said, shrugging. "If you don't wanna go I'll ask Changmin and Chanhee," he said. "Or MK and Gunmin," he added. "No no, I'll go," said Yoohyeon. "I was just wondering why me of all people is all," she said.

"You just seem like good company is all," said Juyeon. "Ah," hummed Yoohyeon.

 

~



"She's finally out of the house huh?" Asked MK as he watched Juyeon drive away with Yoohyeon in Kevin's truck. "For a few hours," said Kevin as he sighed. "Who was visiting again?" Asked MK. "Yeosang and Mingi along with Eunki, who's passing on some information about him," he said.

Eunki showed up a few minutes later with Yeosang and Mingi not too far behind him. "We waited until she was gone, but damn I can still smell her," grumbled Eunki as he looked around. "Any news?" Asked Kevin. "Daeyeol is a genius apparently," said Eunki. "He doesn't suspect a thing," he said.

"Of course, to get here he'd have to cross through Russia and Yuri hates it when people go through Russia without getting his permission to do so," said Kevin. "It doesn't matter who you are, as long as you ask for permission," he said. "Of course, this is not going to stop him from trying but," he said, shrugging.

"Why are you going out of your way to keep her out of trouble?" Asked Mingi. "Something about her just has me second guessing how things go from here," said Kevin. "Even Eric and Jacob are wanting to keep him from finding her," he said.

"I wouldn't be surprised when he does show up though," said Yunho as he walked over, nodding to Yeosang and Mingi who nod back in greeting. "He's gonna show up when he wants, it's just the matter of if he's brave enough to do so," he said.