Chapter 1

The Three Guardians

"Kevin," called Juyeon, causing Kevin to get up and walk outside to where Juyeon was. "What's up?" Asked Kevin as he looked at Juyeon. "We have company," said Juyeon as he motioned towards the three people standing in their front yard.

Kevin looked at the three people, sighing as he recognized one of them. "Daeyeol," he warned. "I warned you to not come here again," he growled. "I have a reason for being here this time," said Daeyeol. "There's always a reason for you to show up here isn't there," Kevin said with a scoff. "Where's Changmin and Chanhee?" He asked Juyeon. "I believe they went running, they'll be back soon," said Juyeon.

"Go call them here," said Kevin. "This is between me, Bomin and Daeyeol," he said. Juyeon turned to Kevin in surprise. "Are you sure?" He asked. "Don't worry," said Kevin. "I have things here," he said. "I can't die so," he said, shrugging. "Go, I'll be fine," he said. Juyeon eyed Daeyeol and Bomin before changing on the spot, shaking out his fur before running off to find Changmin and Chanhee.

"Now," said Kevin as he walked over to Daeyeol. "Tell me why I shouldn't rip you apart right now huh?" He asked. "I need to ask you a favor," said Daeyeol. "Is it the human behind Bomin?" Asked Kevin. "Because there is no way in hell that I'm bringing her into this," he growled.

"She's already in this you know," said Daeyeol. "You leave her here and send him after her?" Asked Kevin. "What kind of stupid idea was this?" He asked. "You know as well as I do that even Finland isn't safe," he said. "They won't find her here," said Daeyeol. "I'll make sure of it," he said. "Damn you and your stupid ideas," Kevin said, letting out an exasperated sigh.

"Fine," said Kevin. "I'll take her in," he said. "Doesn't mean I won't give her up when they come for her though," he said. Daeyeol sighed. "It's only for a few months, and I owe you big," he said. "Leave her, I'll have Juyeon take a look when he gets back," said Kevin. Daeyeol nodded, turning around to face Bomin.

"By the way," called Kevin. "No hunting, get out of here," he called. "Damn it," said Bomin. "We weren't going to be able to hunt anyway, the only person to have hunting rights was Eunki," said Daeyeol. "We'll get out of here," he said, turning to Kevin before rushing off with Bomin.

Kevin sighed, turning to the human that they left behind, walking over and leaning down in front of her. "Now, what's your name?" He asked. "I-I'm Yoohyeon," said Yoohyeon. "Can you stand?" Asked Kevin. Yoohyeon nodded, and Kevin held out a hand for her to take. She took it, letting Kevin pull her to her feet.

Yoohyeon hid behind Kevin when Juyeon returned with Changmin and Chanhee, shaking in fear. "Don't worry, they're with me," said Kevin as he sighed. "Alright, Juyeon go get changed and have a look at her, Changmin go call Haknyeon and Sangyeon and tell them to let Eric and Jacob know this is urgent and to come over as soon as they can," he said. "Chanhee, let's go move the spare bed into my room," he said. The three wolves nod, rushing off to change and get their things done.

"Come with me," said Kevin as he turned to Yoohyeon. "They're harmless, and won't do anything without my say so," he said. Yoohyeon nodded, and Kevin turned, walking back to the house. Yoohyeon followed after him.

 

~



Juyeon took a look at Yoohyeon, bringing a first aid kit with him to cover any small injuries from the journey. "Are you okay?" He asked. "I think so," said Yoohyeon as she let him check her over.

"How was the trip here?" Asked Juyeon. "They carried me," said Yoohyeon. "Bomin did, I think that was his name," she said. "We landed in Poland and they booked it for here, wherever here is," she said. "You're in Finland," said Juyeon. "You're in one of the most closed off countries in Europe, at least, supernatural wise," he said. "I see," hummed Yoohyeon.

 

~



"Who is this human?" Asked Chanhee as he and Kevin moved things around in Kevin's room to accomodate for the bed that was being moved in. "I don't know," said Kevin. "I owed Daeyeol a favor, and I wasn't about to turn down a human from a chance to live a normal life," he said.

"You're letting her sleep in your room?" Asked Chanhee. "Well, I don't think she'd want to sleep in yours and Changmin's or Juyeon's rooms," said Kevin. "I don't even have a bed in here," he said. "So I can room with Juyeon and she can have this room," he said.

"You wouldn't do this for anyone, just who is this human?" Asked Chanhee. "Someone important," said Kevin. "Apparently," he added. "I don't know why she's important, but apparently she's important," he said.

"There's something you're not telling me," said Chanhee. "What's wrong?" He asked. "I can't explain it now," said Kevin. "Things will be explained in due time, I'm sure," he said.

 

~



"Jacob and Eric are on their way here," said Changmin as he stood in the doorway of Kevin's room. "Good," said Kevin. "I think the room is ready for now, don't you think?" He asked, looking around the room. "Well, she'll need a dresser, which we can get from the store," said Chanhee. "And clothes, which she can also go shopping for," he added.

"Cool," said Kevin. "Is Juyeon done looking her over?" He asked, turning to Changmin. "Yeah," said Changmin. "I think he's ordering take out," he said. "She mentioned she was hungry so," he said, shrugging.

 

~



The first night in the pack house was a weird one for Yoohyeon. She had never been around anyone really except vampires, and these people she was dumped on were definitely not vampires. From what Kevin had said, they were harmless but could she trust him? Something in her told her to, but her natural distrust for anything in the supernatural world turned her away from trusting them immediately.

"This is your room for the time being," said Kevin as he opened the door to his room. "It's not much, but it'll work," he said. "It's better than nothing I suppose," said Yoohyeon as she took in her surroundings.

"We'll go shopping for clothes and other stuff you may need tomorrow," said Kevin. "My brothers are gonna be here tomorrow to help out with things," he said. "Oh, okay," said Yoohyeon. "Get a good night's sleep, I'm just across the hall in Juyeon's room, okay?" Asked Kevin. "The bathroom is connected to your room, and Changmin gave you some clothes to change into for the night," he said. Yoohyeon nodded, and Kevin left her alone, going into Juyeon's room.

After a much needed shower Yoohyeon flopped down onto the bed that was more comfier than she had imagined, sighing as she stared up at the ceiling. It was going to be a long night, that was for certain. She got up, going under the covers before laying down and burying her face into the pillow to try and sleep.

The burning questions on her mind were: who exactly was Kevin? Why did he go out of his way to help her? And why did he wear a collar?