Snippet #19: Solo

Why Can't You Love Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Darling, Happy Chuseok to you and your family! Have A Full-Hearted Chuseok Like The Full Moon~

 

Happy Chuseok, baby to you and your family! What are you plans for the day?

 

Just cooking with umma and halmoni, we are also making songpyeon. What will you be doing, Nini?

 

I’m doing the same thing with umma, then making songpyeon with my aunt and halmoni.

 

That sounds great, darling please make sure to tune in the Chuseok special for Youngstreet!

 

Will do, baby! Talk to you later~

 

As Jennie put down her phone, she started to pet Kuma and Kai who were sitting next to her. She was genuinely happy for Wendy, where she was able to celebrate Chuseok with her parents this year. The older woman told her that holiday always made her sad due her parents residing in Canada and she would spend time at the Red Velvet dorms alone.

 

“Why didn’t spend the holidays with one of your members?” Jennie asked Wendy and brushed the bangs out of her eyes. Wendy let out a sigh, pulling Jennie closer.

 

“I didn’t want to intrude and be a burden to my members, Chuseok is a family holiday…but I would visit my great grandparents’ graves to tidy it up.” Wendy explained. Jennie nodded her head in understanding.

 

“You know you are always welcome to celebrate Chuseok with me and my family.”Jennie kissed Wendy’s mochi cheek.

 

“Thank you, baby.”

 

..

 

“Jennie-ah, are you ready to cook?” The sound of her mother’s voice brought Jennie snapped her back into reality. “Yes, umma!” Jennie got up and placed Kai back on the couch. She went over the kitchen and washed her hands, getting ready to help her mother.

 

She was in charge of cutting up the vegetables for the japchae and her mother was marinating the bulgogi. Jennie and her mother cooked in comfortable silence until the doorbell rang.

 

Jennie wiped her hands and followed her mother to greet her grandmother and aunt. She smiled widely to see her family and bowed respectfully to her halmoni. “Aigoo, my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter