Snippet #9: Ice Cream Cake, Part II

Why Can't You Love Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They all started to eat dinner and the conversations were light. Wendy grabbed a slice of pizza that Jennie brought and took a bite. “Thanks for bringing the pizza, Ni.” Wendy thanked her girlfriend. Joy and Yeri started to giggle amongst themselves and continued to eat. She glanced at Jennie and Irene, who both stifled a laugh.

 

“Seungwan, you have something here.” Irene was about to wipe off the food on Wendy’s face when Seulgi intervened.

 

“I got it, Wannie!” Seulgi smiled and wiped the crumbs off Wendy’s chin.

 

“Thank you, Seul.” Wendy thanked her same-aged best friend to avoid an awkward situation. She glanced over to Jennie, who exhaled through her nose and continued to eat. A jealous feeling started to grow at the pit in Jennie’s stomach.

 

Oh no, exhaling through nose is a bad sign, Wendy thought, Please tell my family that I love them. 

 

The Red Velvet members and Jennie finished up their meal, Seulgi and Joy offered to wash the dishes. Wendy was cutting up some fruit for Jennie and her members to eat for dessert. “Ni, would you like some ice cream? I got your favorite, milk-flavored.” Wendy asked Jennie, who was still sitting next to Irene.

 

“That would be great, Wannie.” Jennie smiled and sat awkwardly with Irene.

 

“What about you, Joohyun unnie?” Wendy asked, putting the apples and strawberries on separate bowls. “Seul, Sooyoungie, Yerim, what do you want for dessert?” The main vocalist asked her members. “I’ll have some ice cream and fruit, Seungwannie.” Seulgi told her and flashed an eye smile at her best friend.

 

“I’ll have some fruit, Seungwan” Irene smiled and went to grab the bowls from her to place in the living room. She took a piece of strawberry and ate one. The leader also fed Wendy an apple slice and Jennie had witnessed the scene right in front of her dessert.

 

Bae Joohyun, how bold of you, Jennie thought to herself and squeezed her spoon in jealousy.

 

..

 

Yeri suggested to play some games then to watch a movie. Wendy noticed that Jennie is being more clingy towards her like resting her head on her shoulder and playing with her hands. She also took note how Irene’s mood changed and she was barely smiling.

 

They were going to play pirate in the barrel game and the alligator tooth game. Wendy had hoped that Irene or Jennie would lose first due to them being overly competitive.

 

Oh how she was so wrong.

 

The two were going head to head against each other, everyone can sense the tension in the room.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter