Snippet #26:Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Why Can't You Love Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy retuned to an empty penthouse and let out a sigh, she sat on the couch and looked at the decorated Christmas tree with the lights illuminating the whole room. She was starting to feel more lonely where her parents and sister were back in Canada.

 

She knew that the other Red Velvet members were going to spend time with their families and Jennie would be spending time with her family too. Wendy got up and changed into festive pajamas in her bedroom. She made her way to brush her teeth, wash her face, and put her hair in a short ponytail.

 

The short woman grabbed her blanket and pillow from her bed, she then walked back to the living room. Wendy laid down on the couch and took one last look at the Christmas tree, a lone tear escaping her eye.

 

..

 

Wendy stirred awake due to her body’s internal alarm clock and let out a yawn. She made sure to greet her family, her members, and Jennie first thing in the morning. Getting up from the couch, she the television to play Christmas music and made her way to the bathroom to brush her teeth.

 

After going to the bathroom, Wendy made her way to the kitchen to eat a few muffins that she baked a few days ago. She had to eat fast because she had to start preparing for her Christmas dinner. Once she was done and had her warm tea, she was ready to for her dinner prep.

 

..

 

Wendy was beat.

 

She finally put the prime rib in the oven, she prepared the vegetables for her side, and finished making the mashed potatoes. Wendy still had Christmas cookies to bake. While waiting, Wendy decided to change clothes to look a little decent and put her hair in a better ponytail.

 

The doorbell rang and it caught Wendy by surprise.

 

Opening the door, a boxed cake was at her doorstep.

 

Wendy picked up the cake and read the note.

 

Merry Christmas, Seungwan! Unnie, have a great Christmas!

-Love,

your favorite members.

 

She smiled and knew she had to text her members to thank them. A cough interrupted her thoughts while another delivery worker with a mask stood there with some food, “For Ms.Seungwan-ssi.” Wendy nodded her head and was handed some chicken, “May I ask who this is from?”

 

“Ahh, from a Ms. Eunbi-ssi. Have a great Christmas!” The delivery worker bowed and started to make his way to the elevator. Wendy knew she had to text Eunbi too. As she carried the food into the table, her doorbell rang again. Opening the door, Wendy’s eyes widened in surprise.

 

It was all the neighboring babies and their parents who brought over handmade gifts and extra food for her.

 

“Thank you all so much.” Wendy bowed to the parents and their children hugged her legs.

 

..

 

Her Christmas was starting to be the best one yet, Wendy was almost finished cooking and it was nearing dinner time already. The doorbell rang again and she wondered who it was. As she opened the door, Wendy let out gasp.

 

“Merry Christmas, Seungwan!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter