Best Part

Why Can't You Love Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The beginning of Wendy and Jennie’s relationship was blissful, they were together for one year and despite their conflicting schedules they would make time for each other. At times they would stay at each other’s dorms, with the permission from their respective members. Wendy sensed some tension between Jennie and Irene.

 

That’s when the middle of their relationship started to face hardships.

 

..

 

 

She made it her mission to address the situation with Jennie.

 

Wendy spent a night at BlackPink’s dorm and sat on Jennie’s bed with her legs crossed. Jennie was getting ready for bed and she finished washing up. “Darling, I think we should talk.”

 

“Son Seungwan, you know I hate those words. This better not be you breaking up with me.” Jennie exhaled out of her nose and sat across from the older girl. Wendy’s eyebrows scrunched in confusion and replied back, “Why would you think that, baby?”

 

Jennie sighed.

 

“You know you can talk to me…” Wendy said in a quiet voice and brought Jennie’s hand up to leave a soft kiss.

 

“It has been uncomfortable for me whenever I talk with Irene unnie,” Jennie paused and tried to find the right words, “I know we discussed our past relationships before, but did you have a history with Irene unnie?” Wendy remained silent and her eyes went downcast.

 

“Irene unnie, to me, was my first love…” Wendy said bravely. “It was one-sided, Jennie. I remember confessing to her and her feelings towards me wasn’t mutual.”

 

 

..

 

Wendy asked Irene to go out with her at a location with a lone tree on a hill. From that special place, you can see the Seoul Skyline. She laid out a picnic blanket and got all of Irene’s favorite snacks. Irene arrived in the ten minutes, “Wow, Seungwan, this view is amazing.”

 

The two ate in silence and after they were done, Wendy spoke up first.

 

“Irene unnie, I wanted to share something with you.”

 

Irene looked over to Wendy, “What is it, Seungwan?”

 

“I think I’m falling for someone.. “ Wendy paused and took a deep breath.

 

“And it’s you, Joohyun unnie.”

 

There was painful, pregnant pause. The sun is about to set with its’ orange and purple hues.

 

“Seungwan, I’m sorry, I could never like you like that. I think we need space.” Irene looked away from the younger girl and didn’t want to face Wendy. There was already tears running down Wendy’s face.

 

“I’ll be leaving first and I’ll see you back at the dorms .”Irene took off the imaginary dust and grass on her jeans and Wendy watched her walk down the hill.

 

Irene and Wendy were never the same since that day.

 

..

 

“Ever since my confession, we have become distant. I only told Seulgi what happened between me and Irene unnie.” Wendy confessed, “The maknaes don’t know and now you.” Jennie sighed and bit her lip.

 

“I still trying to understand why Irene unnie is acting cold towards me…” Jennie played with Wendy’s fingers.

 

“I’ll talk to her tomorrow, Nini.” Wendy assured her girlfriend. Jennie nodded her head and hugged Wendy tightly. The older girl kissed her forehead, gently laying both of them down on the bed.

 

One of Jennie’s worst fears would be losing Wendy.

 

..

 

Wendy bid Jennie and the BlackPink members goodbye, she was on her way back to the Red Velvet dorm. She bit her lip in nervousness on how to talk to Irene. It was still early in the morning and when she opened the door, then removing her shoes, Wendy found Irene sipping on a cup of tea.

 

“Oh unnie, you are awake.” Wendy greeted the older girl. Irene flashed her a small smile, “I like it when it’s quiet with Sooyoung and Yeri are still sleeping. Would you like a cup of tea?” Wendy nodded her head, “I would like one.” The Red Velvet leader got up and started to prepare a warm tea.

 

After she was done preparing the warm beverage, she handed a mug to Wendy. “Thank you, unnie.” Wendy smiled and blew on the steaming cup to cool it down and took a tiny sip. “Unnie, would it be okay to talk on the balcony?” Wendy asked.

 

Irene nodded her head and followed the shorter girl and closed the balcony door behind her. Wendy sat on one their pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter