Written in the Stars

Why Can't You Love Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie was on the way back to her dorm after a magical night with Wendy, she thought to herself, how did I get so lucky? She remembered how nervous she was when she asked Irene for Wendy’s number.

 

Irene unnie, can I ask you a small favor?

 

Hi Jendeuk, what I can help you with?

 

I was wondering… if you can give me Wendy unnie’s number?

 

What for?

 

Uhm unnie, I would like to get to know her more….

 

I see, I’ll text you her number and I’ll let her know that she’ll be expecting a text message from you

 

Thank you so much unnie!

 

Hmmm…

 

That was one of the scariest moments texting Red Velvet’s leader. She was able to know Wendy through text messages and FaceTime. Wendy caught Jennie’s eye through her bright smile, her kind actions to her members, and how she was thoughtful towards others. The BlackPink member knew Wendy was the heart and glue of Red Velvet. The older girl was shy at first, feeling off guard on how the BlackPink member reached out to her.

 

..

 

 

Jennie was the one to initiate their first date and she took Wendy to a high-end restaurant, then treating Wendy for boba. After their first date, Jennie started to notice that Wendy was a romantic. She would gift Jennie thoughtful gifts like her favorite flowers to food being sent to the BlackPink dorm if she was craving a certain food. Wendy would also make her cute playlists of songs that reminded her of Jennie. The older girl would also use her God-given voice to sing her to sleep.

 

Eight months passed. She was going to ask Wendy to be hers officially, when Irene and the rest of the Red Velvet members asked for her presence at their dorms.

 

Jennie felt like she was on trial. She was seated at Red Velvet’s dining table and the four members were on the opposite side facing her.

 

“What are you intentions with our Seungwan?” Irene said in a monotone voice. The BlackPink member gulped and felt herself starting to sweat.

 

Jennie gulped and her lips, feeling going dry. “Seungwan means a lot to me. She has a big heart and a kind soul. With that her heart of hers, I hope Seungwan has room for me. I know her family and you all mean the world to her. She is truly beautiful, inside and out. Seungwan makes me feel so strongly toward her. I know I have had a number of past relationships, Seungwan is truly special to me.”

 

Jennie paused.

 

“My intentions with Seungwan was to ask her to be mine soon. I wanted to ask for your blessing, Irene unnie, Seulgi unnie, Joy-ssi, Yeri-ssi.” Jennie looked down and didn’t want to meet their eyes.

 

“You have my blessing, Jennie-ah!” Seulgi smiled.

 

“Unnie! We are supposed to be serious here!” Yeri pouted. “Seungwannie is my best friend! She shares with me how much she cares about you, Jennie.” Seulgi reassured the younger girl.

 

“If you hurt my Seungwan unnie, I will hurt you.” Joy announced in a straight face. The room fell into silence.

 

“Park Sooyoung, you will not hurt Jennie.” Irene turned to Joy.

 

“I approve of you asking Seungwan unnie out, all I ask from you is to don’t hurt her.” Yeri stated firmly. All members looked at their maknae. Though having a teasing relationship with Wendy, Yeri cared about her unnie a lot.

 

“Thank you for your time, Jennie-ah” Irene concluded with no emotion on her face. Jennie let out a small sigh of relief and smiled genuinely. “Thank you so much.” Jennie said gratefully. The BlackPink member started to bid goodbye with the Red Velvet members, she noticed that Irene was slightly cold to her.

 

When she stepped out the door, Jennie just came to a realization that Irene didn’t give a response regarding Wendy.

 

..

 

Today was the day that Jennie would ask Wendy to finally be hers.

 

Jennie reserved a private dining room at the top of Namsam Tower. She wore a long-sleeve Chanel dress and Jennie texted Wendy to dress formally. The BlackPink member also sent Wendy the location of the date. She made sure everything set into place from the bouquet of flowers to the flatware.

 

She was so nervous.

 

Wendy texted Jennie, that she was on the elevator going up the Namsam Tower.

 

“You can do this, Jennie Kim.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter