Beginning, Middle, End

Why Can't You Love Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Red Velvet’s “Psycho” era was supposed to be Wendy’s era. Her short blonde hair and she had the killing part in the song that brought in more fans. Fans started to see that Wendy was radiating confidence. Then the 2019 SBS Gayo Daejeon performance. It was one of the most painful experiences for Wendy and Jennie. Wendy have fallen off the stage for her solo stage rehearsal at the SBS Gayo Daejeon.

 

Wendy had woken up in a hospital bed and she automatically thought about her family, Red Velvet members, and Jennie. She was told by the doctors that she had pelvic fracture, broken, and a cracked cheekbone. It was painful for her to move the right side of her face and could not speak a word to her parents and member.

 

Her parents flew in from Canada and her members still had to promote, “Psycho.” Her mind brought her back to thinking of Jennie. When her members visited her they gave her a white board to write down responses.

 

Jennie?

 

All the members glanced at each other and then back at Wendy.

 

“Seungwannie, I’ve been trying to text her, but she’s not responding back.” Seulgi told her and squeezed her hand. Wendy started to tear up and stray tears started to fall down her cheek. With Seulgi holding onto her good hand, her members were watching her cry.

 

One of her members were wiping her tears away with a soft tissue, Wendy turned her head and saw how Irene wiping her tears. Her leader flashed her a teary smile and Irene’s heart broke at the sight of seeing Wendy on this hospital bed.

 

Wendy motioned to erase the board and wrote down.

 

Thank you for staying by my side. I love you all.

 

Joy and Yeri glanced at each other, tears in their eyes.

 

They both had similar thoughts, Jennie unnie better come, if not Wendy unnie will be more hurt in her heart.

 

..

 

“Jendeuk, you need to get up and visit Wendy unnie.” Jisoo shook the girl awake and she noticed how Jennie had swollen eyes from crying. “C’mon, Seulgi unnie has been texting me and Wendy unnie is asking for you.” Jennie slowly got up and rubbed her eyes.

 

“It’ll mean so much for Wendy unnie to visit her.” Jisoo continued.

 

“Start washing up and I’ll go with you for moral support. I’ll be waiting for you in the living room.”

 

After getting ready, Jennie and Jisoo were on the way to the hospital where Wendy was being treated.

 

..

 

Jennie was waiting outside of Wendy’s private room, with a flowers in one hand and a case of orange juice for Wendy’s parents. She wasn’t ready to see the love of her life in a hospital bed. She heard someone clear behind her and Jennie turned around.

 

“Irene unnie,” Jennie said through her mask and bowed. Irene bowed back to the younger girl, “Jennie-ah, Seungwan has been waiting for you. Her parents are resting back at home and hospital allows a few people at a time. I can wait outside for you two to have privacy.”

 

“Thank you unnie.”

 

..

 

Wendy was awake when she heard the door open and she wondered who it might be since her parents told her they would see her tomorrow to get a change of clothes. “Wannie…” She heard someone call her name.

 

Jennie walked slowly to see Wendy and she hating seeing Wendy look so small in her bed. She placed the flowers on the table along with the case of juice. The BlackPink member went by Wendy’s uninjured side and kissed Wendy on the cheek, then holding her hand.

 

Wendy wrote on the board.

 

Nini! I missed you so much, are you still eating and sleeping well?

 

Jennie started to cry, “Son Seungwan, why are you still worrying about me? You’re here in this hospital all because of some staff who was negligent to check the safety precautions.” Wendy brought up her good hand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter