Can I Have the Day With You?

Why Can't You Love Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The dating scandal had to be two days after Wendy’s birthday. Wendy was actually excited to celebrate with her family, members, and Jennie. Reveluv even got her a custom microphone of her representative color and even had birthday ads in specific places in Seoul.

 

Wendy was going to see Jennie and they were going to have small celebration with just the two of them on the 23rd. Then she checked her phone with the news. From Dispatch and K-pop Twitter going crazy over the news with Jennie. She turned off her phone and laptop, ignoring all the messages being sent to her.

 

The Red Velvet main vocalist thought she was overcoming her insecurities, but now they are starting to get to her head. Wendy just got inside her bed and attempted to muffle her cries so the members won’t hear her.

 

..

 

Wendy started to stir awake and she noticed that there were two arms wrapped around her torso. One member was snoring, she automatically knew it was her best friend, Seulgi. She carefully turned her head to see the other member was was sleeping next to her and it was Irene.

 

“Good morning, Seugwannie.” Irene opened one away and flashed her small smile. “Morning, unnie.” Wendy wiped her eyes and she knew they were swollen from crying. “What do you want to do today?” Irene asked while caressing Wendy’s plump cheek.

 

“Probably just watch movies and eat…” Wendy whispered to her leader.

 

“Whenever you are ready, Seungwannie.” Seulgi said in a husky voice and cuddled into Wendy more.

 

“Thank you…”

 

The moment was short-lived when the Red Velvet unnie line smelled smoke coming from the dorm’s kitchen.

 

..

 

All of them rushed to the kitchen, they found that their maknaes were trying to make pancakes for breakfast. “Sooyoung, Yerim! I told you not cook in the kitchen unattended or without supervision!” Irene scolded Joy and Yeri. “But unnie, we just wanted to do something for Seungwan unnie.” Sooyoung pouted and threw away the burnt pancake.

 

“Seungwan unnie, why don’t you watch some television and we will finish breakfast.” Yeri hugged Wendy and brought her to the couch.

 

“I’d rather not, Yeri” Wendy referenced to the major Korean networks.

 

“How about Netflix? We can watch To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before?” Seulgi tried to intervene and looked at the members.

 

“I’d rather not, Seul,”Wendy sighed and laid down on the couch. They forgot that the series meant a lot to Wendy and Jennie. “We can try to find a movie or something,” Joy grabbed the remote and launched Netflix, the BlackPink documentary was previewing.

 

Damn.

 

“I’ll just close my eyes till breakfast is ready then.” Wendy grabbed a blanket and turned the other way.

 

She also hoped that Joy put on a random show so she wouldn’t hear Jennie’s voice.

 

..

 

“Wan, breakfast is ready!” Seulgi nudged the shorter girl. Wendy got up and attempted to fix her hair, trying to look more presentable. She made her way to the table and Yeri placed a short stack of pancakes that had whipped cream with strawberries.

 

All it needed was popcorn.

 

Wendy started to tear up at the memory of her and Jennie, making breakfast together.

 

..

 

“You are going to put popcorn on our pancakes?” Jennie asked confused. Their pancakes already had syrup, whipped cream, and strawberries. Wendy pouted, “But Darling, if we add popcorn it will be our Together Breakfast!”

 

“Together Breakfast?”

 

“From Steven Universe, you know, the show I make you watch with me.” Wendy said in her cute voice.

 

“Arasseo, put the popcorn on the pancakes for our Together Breakfast!” Jennie was so done with her girlfriend. Wendy squealed in delight and clapped her hands.

 

“Thank you, baby! I love you!” Wendy smiled. Jennie’s eyes widened and froze. This was the first time Wendy confessed her love to Jennie. The older girl was scared of Jennie’s reaction.

 

“I love you too, Seungwan.” Jennie smiled and wrapped her arms around the older girl, giving her a kiss on the lips. Wendy kissed her back, then pulled away to catch her breath.

 

“I was going to do confess in a romantic way too, “Wendy sighed.

 

“What are you talking about, Wannie? This is already romantic and with our Together Breakfast!” Jennie kissed her cheek.

 

..

 

The members stayed with Wendy the whole day, from watching movies or napping. It was nearing the evening, Irene suggested something for their birthday girl. “Seungwan, why don’t we go out and take pictures of you and your birthday ads?”

 

Before Wendy can respond, Joy interrupted her, “You should go with Joohyun unnie! Then me, Seulgi unnie, and Yeri will order some food when you are done!”

 

It will make me feel a little bit better…

 

“I’ll start getting ready…”

 

..

 

Wendy wore a black cap, dark blue coat, jeans, and her black converse. Irene was wearing something similar and they were headed to the first location. Their managers would be waiting for them and they would move onto the next location.

 

“Okay Wannie, look happy for me!” Irene held out her phone to take a picture of Wendy. “At least I have a mask on, so I don’t have to smile,” Wendy muttered under her mask. She only held up a peace sign and she can hear Irene snap a few photos.

 

“Now onto the next one!” Irene put her phone away grabbed a hold of Wendy’s arm.

 

Wendy was starting to feel uneasy about her unnie’s sudden skinship. The two went to a couple more sites and finally concluding to the final birthday ad site. There were at least four LG pillars that greeted Wendy a happy birthday. “Why don’t you do something silly?” Irene suggested and pulled out her phone to take pictures of the birthday girl.

 

Wendy decided to run up and down the pillars, raising her arms up.

 

Irene laughed out loud and recorded Wendy, Wendy had to admit running made her feel a little bit better. “Yay for Behavioral Activation.”

 

“Seungwan-ah! That was great, did you want post on Instagram?” Irene called out to her. Wendy felt unsure, “My phone is off at that moment.”

 

“You can login through my account.” Irene handed her phone to Wendy. Logging into her account, she saw messages from Jennie and the BlackPink members. Wendy tried to avoid the messages and briefly wrote her thank you messages for the Reveluv.

 

“You ready to head back?” Irene asked.

 

Wendy nodded her head, “I’m ready, unnie. Thank you for being with me.”

 

She grabbed Irene’s hand and started to made their way to the car.

 

..

 

Jennie texted and called Wendy numerous times. She used the older girl’s personal number and even tried reaching out on Instagram. Her phone notified that Wendy posted something for her birthday. Jennie had to admit that Wendy looked cute posing in front of her birthday ad.

 

The BlackPink member had a whole birthday celebration for Wendy, then the dating announcement happened. Wendy turned off all electronic devices and Jennie even reached out to her members but they didn’t reply.

 

She delivered a huge bouquet of flowers that represented forgiveness and apologizing to her.

 

There was even a note that Jennie wrote by hand.

 

“Happy Birthday, Love. Whenever you are re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter