Snippet #8: Ice Cream Cake, Part I

Why Can't You Love Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Red Velvet maknaes constantly badgered Wendy to bring over Jennie to their dorm. “Come on, unnie! Invite her over! You are always at the BlackPink dorm and I’m sure you spend time with her members. What about your favorite dongsaengs, Sooyoung and Yerim?” Sooyoung confessed to her favorite unnie and hugged Wendy. The two started to pout at the older girl. 

 

Wendy was starting to feel guilty and Yeri hugged her other side.

 

She never told the younger girls about what happened with Irene and how it affected Jennie. Wendy always gave Jennie the space and to let her know when she was ready to spend time with the Red Velvet members.

 

“Okay, okay. I’ll ask her and then I’ll ask Irene unnie for permission.” Wendy sighed while Yeri and Joy cheered. “Yay, Jennie unnie is coming to spend time with us!”

 

“Jendy! Jendy! Jendy!” Joy and Yeri chanted, Seulgi opened the door and joined them in cheering the Wendy and Jennie ship name, being the ray of sunshine she is.

 

Wendy sighed to herself while the maknaes were still hugging her.

 

Time to face the music.

 

..

 

Wendy thought about who to approach first and decided to FaceTime Jennie first. The members had exited her room and gave her some space to contact the BlackPink member. She unlocked her iPhone and looked up favorite contacts. Wendy pressed Jennie’s contact, My Lovely Jennie.

 

She gulped in nervousness when the phone continued to ring.

 

Jennie picked up on the third call.

 

“Wannie?”

 

Wendy knew that Jennie had just woke up.

 

“Good morning, dear.” Wendy smiled wide, she loved how cute Jennie was when she woke up from her slumber. “It’s so early…” Jennie yawned cutely, she was still leaning on her pillows. “Aww you are so cute, lovely.” Wendy gushed and said in her aegyo.

 

“Yah, don’t aegyo attack me in the morning, I’m still half asleep.” Jennie whined and looked at her bright girlfriend with her radiant energy. “Aw, my baby is so cute.” Wendy cooed at the younger girl and giggled. Jennie groaned again and finally got up with her phone. “Ugh, my bed head and swollen cheeks.”

 

“You’re beautiful, Nini.” Wendy said to Jennie and smiled.

 

“Thank you, baby. So why did you call me so early?” Jennie rubbed her eyes and looked into her phone.

 

“So the maknaes are nagging me to bring you over more and if you wanted to have date night at our dorm on Friday.” Wendy told her and braced herself for Jennie’s reaction.

 

Jennie stayed silent and Wendy noticed how her mood changed.

 

“I would be happy to come over at your dorm, Seungwannie. But it is okay with Irene unnie?” Jennie asked the older girl, she also knew about how they had a conversation regarding the Red Velvet leader.

 

“I will talk to her after this call…” Wendy reassured her. “I’ll make sure to text you what she says.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter