A Love So Beautiful

Chaennie Collections vol 2.

-Year 202X-

 

Looking back at it makes me laugh how much she meant to me..how my whole world revolved around her, Roseanne Park Chaeyoung..my first love.

 

We were childhood neighbors and by default childhood friends..at least that’s what my pubescent mind thought.

 

Goodness, I wonder what it was about Rosie that made me fall so hard…

 

-Year 201X: First Year High school-

 

“Rosie, wait for me!” Jennie yells as Roseanne peddles away, not even bothering to look back at the girl.

 

“Ayy... why is she so fast?” Jennie huffs, trying to paddle her shorter legs as quickly as she can, somehow catching up to the taller brunette who was cruising comfortably.

 

“Hehe.” Jennie smiles to herself, feeling a sense of accomplishment for catching up to her childhood friend.

 

“Roseanne good morning.” Students greeted the girl, who merely nodded in acknowledgement making a beeline for the classroom.

 

“Jen!” A familiar tone calls out to Jennie hooking her arm over the girl’s shoulder.

 

“Chu!” Jennie squeals, hugging the girl tightly.

 

“So loud this morning.” Lisa looks at the two, plopping into her seat behind Jennie, next to Jisoo.


“Ignore her, so tell me did you make any headway with.” Jisoo motions towards Roseanne.

 

“We biked together.”

 

“You did?!” Lisa scooches her face in between the two.

 

“Well she kinda went ahead, but I caught up and we arrived together.”

 

“That doesn’t count.”

 

“It so does!” Jennie says a bit too loudly, causing everyone, including Roseanne, to look at her. “Hmmph...it does..” she pouts, leaning her chin on the table.

 

“Okay okay, it counts.” Jisoo pats her head as the teacher, Mr. Cho walks inside.

 

“Alright everyone, settle down. We have a new transfer student today. Come in.”

 

“Hi everyone, the name’s Kim Doyeon and I’m the new sprinter for the track team.” Doyeon smiles, introducing herself with a cheerful energy.

 

“You can sit next to Lisa back there.” Mr. Cho points at the empty seat and Doyeon makes her way over.

 

“Hey.” She smiles at Lisa, Jisoo, and Jennie.

 

“So track huh.” Lisa nods, “Imagine liking cardio.” she jokes and the three laugh.

 

“Okay you four back there hush..it’s time for class.” Mr. Cho shoots them a warning glance.

 

“Hey Doyeon, join us for lunch?” Jennie turns around and Doyeon nodded enthusiastically glad to have made some friends on her first day.

 

~

 

It was the end of the day, the students in class 1-B were all outside sweeping, of course Jennie was sticking close to Roseanne.

 

“Rosie.” Jennie whispers even though most of the students were further away, Roseanne gives Jennie a quick glance, “Hmm?” She stops and gives Jennie her full attention.

 

“I like you.”

 

“I don’t like you.” Roseanne replies, going back to sweeping the falling leaves.

 

That evening Jennie goes home, googles “how to make my crush like me.”

 

“Write a letter huh…” Jennie smiles, quickly grabbing a piece of paper.

 

Dear Rosie,

 

I know you told me that you don’t like me, but that won’t stop me from liking you. You make me happy Rosie..and I hope you’ll let me keep liking you like how I’ve always had. We’re not kids anymore..I know my feelings are true.

 

I like you Roseanne Park Chaeyoung.

 

Forever yours,

Jennie

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Chu..” Jennie has a frown on her face.

 

“Oh what’s wrong with you?”

 

“Don’t you think Roseanne was weird today..like she was quiet.”

 

“She’s always quiet.” Jisoo points out, “I don’t think she says more than 4 words a day.”

 

“No..it’s different..today..” Jennie frowns.

 

“Don’t think too much about Jen..c’mon let’s just go back to class.” Jisoo hooks her arm around Jennie's, dragging her back into the classroom.

 

~

 

“Guys c’mon c’mon.” Lisa literally drags the group, including Roseanne who somehow got involved in this, to the pc cafe.

 

“Lili, why'd you drag us here?” Jisoo asks, looking around at the rows and rows of pcs, everyone furiously typing.

 

“Cause I’m about to…”

 

“Guys...is that Jung?” Roseanne motions towards the door.

 

“Oh ..he can’t see you here.” Jisoo looks at Doyeon and pretty soon the quartet starts running out the door, and Jung begins to run after them, “HEY! YOU 4!”

 

“My bike?!” Jennie looks around, realizing her bike was stolen, “Rosie.” Jennie looks at Roseanne wanting the girl to offer her a ride, but Lisa was already getting on Rosie’s bike while Jisoo speeds off leaving the others behind.

 

“C’mon Jen, hop on!” Doyeon motions behind her, Jennie quickly gets on and the two speed off.

 

“Hold on tight.” Doyeon says as she peddles at full speed, unfortunately in the brief moment she glanced back at Jennie and when she looked back a little kid was running straight towards them, causing the two to fall over.

 

“I’m sorry, are you okay?” Doyeon looks at Jennie apologetically.

 

“I’m fine, it was an accident...how about you? Are you okay?” Jennie asks, Doyeon was limping a bit.

 

“Yeah, all good. C’mon let’s get you home.” the two hop back on.

 

~

 

“You got your bike stolen? How?” Jennie’s parents look at their daughter, with worry.

 

“I needed to get exam papers and it was stolen in front of the bookstore…”

 

“Jennie Kim..you..”

 

“Don’t worry though..I can walk..I’ll save my money to buy another one.”

 

“Are you sure?” Her mom raised a brow.

 

“Mhm sure!” Jennie smiles.

 

“Okay...forcing you to walk is punishment enough.” Jennie’s dad sighs.

 

~

 

“Jen!”

 

“Oh Doyeon.” Jennie greets the taller girl, slightly panting from trying to catch up to Roseanne.

 

“Why are you running?”

 

“I uh..Rosie left earlier so..”

 

“C’mon, hop on.” Doyeon offers Jennie a ride which she happily takes.

 

~

 

“Guys! Over here over here!” The group arrives at Doyeon’s first track meet, Jennie carrying a big banner that reads ‘DOYEONNIE FIGHTING! RUN RUN RUN!”

 

The group settles and a few seconds later the 100m dash begins.

 

“WHOOOOO GO GO GO DOYEON!!” Jennie, Jisoo, and Lisa yell, successfully catching Doyeon’s attention who waves at them happily.

 

“Runners! ON YOUR MARK!”

 

Doyeon bends down, steadying her breath.

 

“Get set.”

 

She lifts up, her fingertips tingling.

 

“GO!” The gun goes off.

 

Doyeon dashes off first, her lead widening quickly.

 

“KIM DOYEON!” The crowd begins to cheer for her but as she gets closer to the finish line the pain in her knee comes back.

 

“Ah..” Doyeon grits, but keeps running. Finishing in second place.

 

“Ah so close..” The group meets up after Doyeon leaves the locker room.

 

“It’s okay she still got second.” Jennie gives Doyeon a thumbs up.

 

“Yeah next time.” Jisoo smiles.

 

The gang went their separate ways, with Doyeon taking Jennie home since the shorter girl still didn’t have her bike.

 

“Is your knee okay?” Jennie asks as the two loiter in front of Jennie apartment complex.

 

“Huh?” Doyeon was confused by the sudden question.

 

“Is it okay?”

 

“Yeah..just a little bruised.” Doyeon smiles, “Here.” she suddenly places her silver medal in Jennie’s hand.

 

“I can’t take this.”

 

“Let’s switch.” Doyeon grabs the sign Jennie made.

 

“But but…”

 

“Just keep it and in the future I’ll trade you for an olympic gold.” Doyeon smiles warmly and Jennie nods, clutching the silver medal in her hand.

 

~

 

“Jennie, can you give this to Roseanne...seems that her mom can’t come to see her..little Aly got sick.”

 

“Oh that’s...right” Jennie nods, remembering that Roseanne’s dad’s death anniversary was today. Her mom and younger sister were supposed to be back in Seoul, but guess they’ll be in Busan a bit longer.

 

Making a quick walk across the hall, Jennie knocked lightly on the door.

 

“Rosie?” Jennie calls out, frowning when she realizes the door was unlocked, “Rosie I’m inside your place..the door was..Rosie??” Jennie frowned, quickly making it towards the girl who looked so weak on the couch.

 

“You’re burning up.” Jennie frowns.

 

“I’m cold.” Roseanne says in the tiniest voice.

 

“I’ll be back okay.” Jennie says, grabbing all the blankets she could possibly find in the apartment and tucking Roseanne in.

 

“This is too many.” Roseanne weakly says, a soft smile ghosting on her lips.

 

“You’re sick..did you eat?”

 

“Hmmm.” Roseanne could barely open her eyes.

 

“My mom made dumpling soup. Can you sit up a bit? I’ll feed you.” Jennie helps Roseanne up.

 

“I can d..oomp..” Jennie shoves a spoonful of the soup in Roseanne’s open mouth.

 

“Afashahsah hot..” Roseanne whines.

 

“Sorry..I.” Jennie tries again, this time blowing on the soup to cool it down, “Here.” she offers and with a raised brow and a small smirk Roseanne opens so Jennie could feed her.

 

The following morning, Jennie was happily surprised to see a certain brunette still unlocking her bike.

 

“Rosie! Good morning, are you feeling better?” Jennie runs up to the girl who nods, getting her bike out of the rack. “So I haven’t gotten my bike yet, can you give me a ride?”

 

Of course, Roseanne stays mum, getting her bike about to pedal off.

 

“Rosie.” Jennie whines, grabbing onto Roseanne’s arm. With a soft sigh, Roseanne gestures behind her and Jennie had to stop herself from squealing.

 

-Year 201X: 2nd year high school-

 

The simplest way to describe Roseanne Park: The broody anime main character everyone falls in love with. She’s number one in her class standing, excels in everything. The girl has no flaw...except that she doesn’t express herself much. Doesn’t really have a social circle, but has started hanging around Jennie and her friends more for reasons even Roseanne can’t understand, because to her Jennie’s this annoying neighbor that follows her everywhere.

 

“Just go AHHHHHH!” Doyeon’s loud laugh catches Roseanne’s attention, looking up from her book she frowns when she sees Doyeon and Jennie running around the field.

 

“Trust me this will help you with the nerves. If not, just keep your eyes on us..pretend that you’re talking to us okay?” Doyeon says with arms on Jennie’s shoulders, “Now let’s go boss, we have an election to win.”

 

Roseanne watched the two walk off, an unfamiliar feeling settling in her stomach. Shutting her book, she heads to class as well.

 

“Rosie, who did you vote for?” Jennie asks after the votes were read...she somehow tied with Bona so the two are now co-class reps.

 

“Bona.” Roseanne replies.

 

“Why?” Jennie pouts frowning..she was sure Roseanne would have voted for her.

 

“Cause she can do a better job.” Roseanne shrugs, annoying Jennie so much the shorter girl landed a solid kick on her shin, “Ow! Jennie Kim you.” Roseanne grunts.

 

~

 

“You lost the class fee money for our field trip?” Lisa, Jisoo, and Doyeon look at Jennie with wide eyes.

 

“I don’t know where they went. Bona handed it to me to give to Mr. Jung and I don’t know where I stuffed it.”

 

“Jennie Kim..you..” Jisoo breathes out to calm herself, “okay for now, let’s just split it up and check campus. Jen you go through all your things and check it out again.”

 

“Got it!” Lisa nods and the group disperses, with Doyeon sticking with Jennie.

 

“Don’t worry Boss, we’ll find it..” she assures Jennie.

 

Meanwhile, in the teacher’s lounge, Roseanne catches sight of a familiar envelope sticking out one of the workbooks.

 

“Thanks for helping me carry these, Roseanne.” Ms. Lee smiles at the young student who nods, “You may go now.” Ms. Lee chuckles when she realizes the girl was unmoving.

 

“Oh right.” Roseanne walks away, but as she passes by the stack of workbooks she bends down looking like she was about to tie her shoes, when she really grabbed the envelope.

 

“Jennie Kim..” Roseanne shakes her head.

 

~

 

“Where’s the class fee, Bona?” Mr. Jung asks and Bona tells him that she gave it to Jennie. The quartet spent the entire break looking, but they couldn’t find it.

 

“Jennie?” Bona frowns, “Don’t tell me you lost it.”

 

“I--I--I uhm..”

 

“I have it.” Roseanne speaks up, grabbing the envelope from her bag, “Jennie asked me to hold onto it during break.” The girl gets up and hands the envelope to Mr. Jung.

 

“Rosie found it? How did she even know you lost it?” Jisoo whispered to Jennie, who had a wide smile on her face.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

The bookstore was quiet, just how Roseanne liked it..but her peace was disturbed by a soft giggle. Turning a corner, the brunette spots Jennie leaning on a wall chuckling softly while reading a comic book. She looked adorable in her oversized hoodie and Roseanne couldn’t help herself from staring a soft smile on her lips.

 

“Boss.” The moment was ruined when Doyeon came in and dragged Jennie out, the smile on Roseanne’s face turning into a frown.

 

“Where are we going?” Jennie asks.

 

“The track.” Doyeon answers.

 

“Eh? Why?”

 

“Your hurdles training begins today!” Doyeon says in an excited voice.

 

“Oh right!” Jennie remembers signing up to do hurdles for field day.

 

After an hour of watching Jennie run up to a hurdle only to stop and push the thing down instead of jumping over, the two called it a day.

 

“I’m never going to get this.” Jennie pouts as the two head out.

 

“You will, you have me teaching you so we’ll get first place.” Doyeon smiles.

 

“Aren’t you just cocky.” Jennie laughs, feeling a bit more motivated.

 

“Same time tomorrow okay?” Doyeon smiles, watching as Jennie heads inside the complex.

 

~

 

“Are you sure about the hurdles Jen?” Jisoo asks, watching as Jennie struggles to get over one hurdle.

 

“Yes, Chu..don’t worry. I got this.” Jennie smiles widely.

 

“Why don’t you show her how it’s done, Doyeon.” Lisa looks at Doyeon who’s sitting on the side telling Jennie when to jump.

 

“Okay.” Doyeon gets up, doing tiny little jumps while shaking her arms to loosen her muscles.

 

“Ooohhhh.” the three chorused and Doyeon sends them a playful wink.

 

“Here I go.” Doyeon says and begins to run towards the hurdles only to stop right in front of the first one, knocking it over.

 

“Pfffttttt.” the three tried to hold their laugh in, but failed miserably, “Bahaahahahaa that was so good. Doyeon do that again bahaha.” They were wheezing out air at this point because of laughing at the taller girl.

 

“I’m a sprinter, I only know the theory behind the hurdles.” Doyeon chuckled along.

 

~

 

Field day finally came along and Jennie was up.

 

“Go Jen go!” Lisa and Jisoo yell.

 

“Whooo!!” Class 2-B’s bear mascot gets the class fired up.

 

“Runners take your mark!”

 

Jennie gets ready, sparing Roseanne a glance, who merely nodded.

 

“Go!”

 

The girls begin to run and not to anyone’s surprise push the hurdles instead of running over.

 

“GO GO GO GO!” The Bear mascot runs alongside Jennie, keeping her going. Confusing everyone.

 

“That has to be Doyeon.” Jisoo chuckled, seeing how Jin..who was originally the mascot is now sitting comfortable in the shade.

 

“Huh?” Lisa looks over at Jisoo.

 

“Nothing nothing.” Jisoo shakes her head.

 

In the end, Jennie finished third and couldn’t win the watch for Roseanne...but she did win a voucher for ice cream.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Just a bit more..a bit more.” Jennie stands on her tippy toes, trying to grab the reference book she needed for class.

 

From the corner, Roseanne notices, unable to help herself..she makes her way to Jennie, her body flushed against the girl as she reaches up, “Which one?” Roseanne asks.

 

“Uhm that one.” Jennie says softly, her heart pounding against her chest.

 

Roses, Jennie thinks to herself, Rosie smells like roses.

 

“This?” Roseanne taps one of the books with her finger.

 

“Mhm.” Jennie’s cheeks were burning.

 

“Okay.” Roseanne says, grabbing the book and Jennie turns around, and the two are suddenly aware of how close they are. Clearing , Roseanne takes the book and places it one shelf higher, “Hey!” Jennie whines as Roseanne moves away, a soft smile on her face.

 

~

 

“Okay everyone.” Mr. Jung smiles at the class, “You’re all going to do a play.”

 

“HUH?!”

 

“The school is doing a drama competition. Ms. Hwang is taking the lead but I wanted to give you guys a heads up. First we’ll create a script, so we’ll need 4 groups to present, then we’ll pick the group that will represent our class.”

 

“Okay so you, me, Chu and Do right?” Lisa says.

 

“Yep.” Jennie nods, “but we need one more person.” Lisa motions towards Roseanne who was walking back into the classroom.

 

“Roseanne Park Chaeyoung..you my friend are in luck.” Lisa smiles, sitting in front of Roseanne’s desk, “You get to be the final member of our group for the project.”

 

“Group?”

 

“Yep..it’ll be me, Chu, Jen, and Do.”

 

“So you and you.” Roseanne looks at the two who nod.

 

“No thanks.”

 

“Ahh why why.” Lisa whines.

 

“Cause.”

 

“Please Rosie..please please please.” Lisa kept repeating it until Roseanne finally relented.

 

“Yes! We got Rosie on our team.”

 

“We’re doing It Started with a Kiss and you can be the lead.”

 

“Wait wait, why does she get to be the lead.” Lisa asks Jennie.

 

“Cause I’m the lead too..as director I have directed it.”

 

“Never mind, I don't want to do it.” Roseanne gets up leaving the two alone.

 

“Ah wait! Rosie!” Jennie chases after the brunette.

 

The next few days, Rosie found Jennie’s script all over the place. The girl trying her best to convince Roseanne who wouldn’t budge.

 

“Your…” Roseanne trailed off noticing that Jennie was sound asleep on her desk. Moving the script away from her face, the taller girl couldn’t stop herself from bending down and staring at Jennie. She was really cute asleep, lightly snoring. Roseanne smiles softly, but quickly reverts back to her stoic face when Jennie stirred, “Rosie?”

 

“Your script.” Roseanne says, taking her seat.

 

“Okay everyone settle down!” Ms. Hwang walks in, “I know Mr. Jung already told you but the school is having a drama competition. I was going to let you group yourselves, but I want our top 5 students in one group so Roseanne, Bona, Jisoo, Jae, and Jimin you guys are one group..everyone else split into groups of 5. We’ll have presentations next week and then decide which one we’ll do.”

 

In a blink of an eye the drama presentations came up. Roseanne’s team did a rendition of beauty and the beast, with Rosanne being the ‘prince.’ Obviously the group nailed it.

 

As for Jennie’s team, it ended up with Lisa and Bambam playing the leads. When Bambam tried to steal the kiss Lisa gave him a solid left hook.

 

Ms. Hwang, obviously chose Roseanne’s group, much to Jennie’s disappointment.

 

“You didn’t have fun in there?” Doyeon asks, sitting on the stairs with Jennie, trying to lift her mood.

 

“I went all out this time..I mean look at my shirt..my mom is going to kill me.” Jennie huffs out, leaning her chin onto her arms.

 

“Hmm….wait here okay.”

 

“Huh? Where are you going?”

 

“Just wait, I’ll be right back.” Doyeon gets up running down the stairs.

“Ah, be careful!” Jennie calls out when Doyeon accidentally bumps her shoulder against Roseanne’s.

 

“Don’t worry Boss..I’ll be right back!”

 

“People change their minds. Today you hate someone, tomorrow you may become fond of them.” Roseanne says as she walks up the stairs.

 

“Ohhh you memorized Naoki’s lines. You wanted to be in our group, didn't you.” Jennie teases. “Nope.” Roseanne says as she keeps walking but Jennie stops her by wrapping her arms around the taller girl’s leg, “Sit.”

 

Roseanne looks down and normally she would have just walked away from Jennie..but for some reason, she found herself sitting down next to the girl.

 

“I know you didn’t want to do the competition.” Jennie begins, and Roseanne turns to look at her, but for some reason she couldn’t keep eye contact so she would look away, play with her hands a bit, and then look back while Jennie kept talking, “that’s why I tried so hard to get you in our group, because then you wouldn’t have to do it, because I knew my group wasn’t going to be chosen in the first place.” Jennie smiles and Roseanne nods.

 

“But now you’re in the competition so you should do your best. After all, in life, we all have to do things that we don’t want to do sometimes.” Jennie says lightly tapping the other girl’s shoulder, while Roseanne was pleasantly surprised by the maturity Jennie showed.

 

“Are you leaving?” Jennie asks when the brunette wordlessly stood up.

 

“Aren’t you?” Roseanne asks back.

 

“Doyeon wanted me to wait for her.”

 

Roseanne felt a surge of irritation at those words, “then wait here.” Her tone sounded angrier than she’d like but Jennie didn’t catch it.

 

“Here.” Doyeon comes back handing Jennie a plastic bag.

 

“What’s this?” Jennie frowns, pulling out a bottle of laundry detergent.

 

“It’s what my grandma uses to clean my clothes. It gets all the dirt and stains from my sports clothes out.” Doyeon smiles, “Now c’mon we gotta get back to class.”

 

A few days later, the drama competition was starting. The rest class 2-B were in charge of the stage handling, there was a thunderstorm scene so Jennie was in charge of recording.

 

“Jennie!”

 

“Oh Doyeon, are you heading towards the auditorium?”

 

“I have a track meet so I can’t..but here, it’s for you.” Doyeon hands Jennie a bag and runs off.

 

“Good luck! Thanks!” Jennie yells and Doyeon briefly turns around and waves.

 

Backstage, Jennie enters carrying the tape for the thunderstorm clip.

 

“Hey guys I have the ah..” Jennie gets lightly splashed with water.

 

“Sorry Jen..Ms. Hwang put me in charge of the rain.”

 

“So you’re going to dump a big bowl of water on the stage?”

 

“Ah well..” Jackson runs off.

 

“Oh Mai, can you play the thunder for me? I have to change my shirt.” Jennie catches one of her classmates, running off before Mai can get a word out.

 

“Wait which side of the tape is..” Mai shrugs, heading to the back AV room, but unfortunately Mai chose the wrong side..and when Jennie walked back in wearing the white Tom and Jerry t-shirt Doyeon gave her, the conversation she had with Jisoo earlier that day was playing...running towards the backstage, Jennie accidentally tripped falling over one of the props right onto the side stage where everyone saw her. Laughter began to erupt in the auditorium and Jennie ran away embarrassed and sorry.

 

“I think my sweater is too big, but it’ll be better than her wet shirt.” Roseanne says as she walks back towards the auditorium trying to find Jennie.

 

“Where is…” Roseanne stops, hearing soft sobs near the back. She followed the sound, and found Jennie crying in the corner alone.

 

“What are you doing here?” Roseanne makes her way towards Jennie.

 

“Rosie.” Jennie looks up at the girl.

 

“Oh hey Boss, is it over already? I came rushing over” Doyeon pops out from one of the corners, wearing the same shirt as Jennie but in black.

 

That irritating feeling Roseanne’s been having came back but this time much worse.

 

A couple shirt...really? The girl tried her best not to scowl, but her jealousy got the best of her, “Jennie Kim..you were really embarrassing today.” Roseanne says before walking away, immediately regretting the words after she said them.

 

~

 

Jennie was avoiding Roseanne, still upset at the words the other girl said to her yesterday.

 

“Jennie..come talk to me for a second.” Ms. Hwang called the girl into the teacher’s lounge and scolded her for not being focused on her studies.

 

“It’s your second year Jennie. You have to get better and try to keep out of trouble okay?”

 

“Hmm.” Jennie nods her head and Ms. Hwang excuses her.

 

In class Jennie was totally out of it. When Mr. Jung excused their homeroom, Bambam leaned over and asked “Jennie Kim tell me about your crush.” He teases.

 

“Bambam.” Doyeon slams her gym bag onto the guy’s desk gaining everyone’s attention, “I need a sparring partner for judo.” She says while gripping onto the guy’s shoulder, “Uhm sorry about that.” Bambam sits back down.

 

“Boss, I'm going to the track. Let my assistant Manoban and Kim know if someone bothers you.” Doyeon says, looking at everyone in the class. Lisa and Jisoo look at Doyeon giving her a bro nod.


“Look at Jennie Kim, she's always causing trouble for…”

 

“C’mon let’s get some water.” Jisoo drags Jennie out of the classroom.

 

“Are you okay?” Jisoo asks, worried for her friend, “What did Ms. Hwang say to you?”

 

“Same thing as always.” Jennie sighs.

 

~ ~

 

“Jen please please please switch with me so I can be in the same study group as Chu..please I promise if we get married in the future you can be a godmother to our child.” Lisa pleads and Jennie begrudgingly accepts, meaning she’ll be in the same group as Roseanne.

 

So that’s how she found herself sitting with Roseanne and Jiyeon in the library trying to do some review work.

 

“The equation is wrong here.” Roseanne says after noticing Jenine’s paper.

 

“I can read it myself.” Jennie says emotionlessly, pulling her papers back closer to her.

 

“Jennie..you okay? Did Ms. Hwang force you to say who you love?” Jiyeon asks.

 

“I don’t love anyone.” Jennie says and this catches Roseanne’s attention.

 

“Oh where are you going? Don’t you want to study?” Jiyeon asks as Jennie begins to pack her things away, leaving without another word.

 

Meanwhile, Doyeon was waiting patiently for Jennie to finish..she smiled when she noticed the shorter girl, but looking closer she saw that same sad expression Jennie’s had all day.

 

“Hey you done?” Doyeon smiles trying to get the girl’s mood up.

 

“Mhm..” Jennie nods, looking for her bike lock key.

 

“Can’t find your key?” Doyeon asks.

 

“Yeah I thought it was in here..” Jennie frowns, it has not been her day at all.

 

“Alright c’mon I’ll take you home.”

 

“It’s fine.” Jennie shakes her head.

 

“Jennie..you’re my Boss..so if anything is bothering you tell me and if anyone’s bothering you tell me and I’ll go beat them up for you.” Doyeon says, sounding more serious than jokingly.

 

“I got it.” Jennie smiles, “Now go home..I can handle myself.”

 

“Okay.” Doyeon nods, understanding that Jennie needs some time alone.

 

~ ~

 

“You’re transferring Jennie?” Roseanne’s mom asks. The woman alongside Alice, Roseanne’s younger sibling, came back home after months of being away.

 

“Yeah..her grades have just been slipping. So we’re going to transfer her out.”

 

“I see..but I’m sad because now the two kids won’t be in school together anymore.” Mrs. Park chuckles, “Does Jennie know about this?”

 

“Yeah we told her last night..she didn’t say anything though. We’ll meet with the teachers tomorrow morning.”

 

As the adults continued talking and catching up, Roseanne who heard the whole thing wanted nothing more than to text Jennie and ask her if she’s really going to transfer.

 

“But she’s been avoiding me..and..” Roseanne sighs, deleting her text. She’ll have to find another way to prevent this.

 

The next day, Jisoo and the others spot Jennie and her parents following Mr. Jung and Ms. Hwang.

 

“What’s going on?” Jisoo frowns as the others crowd in front of the teacher’s lounge.

 

“She’s transferring.” Roseanne pops up.

 

“WHAT?!” Jisoo, Lisa, and Doyeon yell.

 

“Jennie.” Doyeon was the first to burst inside, she wasn’t going to let the girl leave just like that.

 

“Don’t transfer.”

 

“Don’t go Jendeuk.” Jisoo follows.

 

“Jen you can’t leave me too.” Lisa pouts.

 

“You kids, why aren’t you in class?!” Mr. Jung and Ms. Hwang stand up.

 

“Jennie Kim.” Roseanne enters, surprising everyone, “Stay.” She says, handing Mr. Lee the class roster.

 

“Mom, can I stay please? I promise I'll have one of the top 20 grades after this final.”

 

“Yeah yeah we’ll help.” Jisoo nods, grabbing Roseanne’s wrist before she can step out of the room, “Right?” She looks at the girl.

 

“Hmm.”

 

“Alright.” the Kims relent.

 

~

 

“It’s like this.” Roseanne scoots over showing Jennie the proper equation to use.

 

“Oh..I get it.” Jennie smiles.

 

The two have been studying together almost everyday, and Jennie has been loving every second.

 

“Now you try.”

 

“Watch, I'll get them all right.” Jennie laughs, and Roseanne smiles softly, “Let’s see if you can.”

 

Jennie was so focused on her assignment that she didn’t notice Roseanne dozing off.

 

“Okay I’m done.” Jenine looks over and sees Roseanne sleeping peacefully.

 

“Rosie..” Jennie lightly brushes away the loose strands from Roseanne’s face, “You should have told me you were tired.” Jennie says leaning her head down on her arms so she’s face to face with Roseanne.

 

“Thank you.” Jennie whispers, her eyes shutting.

~

 

“I can’t look Chu.” Jennie shuts her eyes as everyone gathers in front of the board. “Did I make it?”

 

“Jennie.” Doyeon’s voice sounded off.

 

“I didn’t make it?” She looks at her friends.

 

“YOU DID IT!” The three girls yelled, pulling Jennie into a group hug.

 

“No way!” Jennie looked at the list, “Jennie Kim...13th?! I placed 13th?!”

 

As the group celebrated, Roseanne watched from the back with a soft smile.

 

“13th huh.” She chuckles, walking off before someone sees her.

 

-Year 201X - 3rd Year High School-

 

“Chu!!”

 

“Jendeuk!”

 

“Aww you saved me a seat.”

 

“Of course I..”

 

“Okay get up.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Rosie’s coming.” Jennie says, motioning towards the door.

 

“This girl..”

 

“Rosie! Here, sit here.”

 

“No.” Roseanne says.

 

“How about here?” Jennie taps the other desk next to her.

 

“No thanks.”

 

“Roseanne, can I ask you a question?” Sana asks, betting her eyes.

 

“Uh sure.” Roseanne turns to help the girl.

 

“She really doesn’t want to sit next to you so just admit defeat.”

“Oi oi..is this seat taken?” Jinyoung asks, setting his bag on the desk next to Jennie.

 

“It’s taken, it’s taken.” Jennie says.

 

“Who?” Who’s sitting here?”

 

“Uhmm..”

 

“Then I’l”

 

“Me.” Roseanne suddenly turns around, walking towards the desk and setting her things down.

 

“See.” Jennie smiles, taking her seat next to Jisoo who looks at the girl with a teasing smile.

 

~ ~

 

“Guys guys! Guess what!!” Lisa plops on the lunch table all excited.

 

“Oh no..what now.” Jisoo looks at the girl.

 

“I won a weekend trip at that new resort!!” Lisa whips out her phone showing the group, “it’s for next weekend you guys can come yeah?”

 

“Do you think our parents would let us?” Jisoo motions towards her and Jennie.

 

“Hmm..true..but I’m sure your parents would let you go if Roseanne goes.” Lisa elbows Roseanne playfully.

 

“Who says I’m gonna go?” Roseanne looks at Lisa.

 

“Don’t worry boss I’m sure auntie and uncle would let you go with me.” Doyeon smiles, and Roseanne frowns at this.

 

“And then Chu you can just tell your parents you’ll be at Jen’s. C’mon guys this is huge, I never win these things.” Lisa pouts.

 

“It’s all free?” Jisoo asks.

 

“Yes yes, here look at this.” Lisa shows them her phone and the resort does look very nice. Wave pool, lazy river, spa, and it’s by the beach, “So??” Lisa looks at the other 4 expectantly.

 

“If Jen goes then fine.” Jisoo sighs.

 

“YES!” Lisa celebrates, “So Jen?”

 

“Let me call my mom.”

~ ~

 

“Are you sure this is the place?” Jisoo asks as they arrive in front of a rundown looking place.

 

“Where’s the beach?” Doyeon asks.

 

“Uhm...this is the correct address.” Lisa frowns.

 

“How did you even win this?” Roseanne asks. Yes, she ended up coming because Jennie was going.

 

“There was a trivia contest..and it seemed really legit okay...and I just wanted to do something fun with my friends before senior year gets us all busy.” The girl says with a small pout.

 

“It’s fine..look I’ll go talk to that old man over there. Maybe we got the address wrong.” Doyeon grabs the voucher from Lisa and approaches the old man sweeping, “Uhm Hello…”

 

“Yes?” The old man looks at Doyeon and the girl shows the voucher asking if there’s a place nearby.

 

“Not again.” Old man sighs, “You guys all together?” He asks.

 

“Yes.”

 

“C’mon inside. There won’t be another bus out of here until tomorrow.” The old man gestures for them to follow, while walking inside he explains that they aren’t the first to fall for the scam, “honey!” The old man stops and calls out to his wife from outside.

 

“Hmm? Oh..did they?” An old woman comes out and the group nod, understanding what the old lady was curious about, “It’s okay..come in come in. Let’s get you all settled in the room.”

 

~

 

“YAH! LISA GET BACK HERE!” Jisoo yells chasing after Lisa playfully splashes her with water.

 

The group ate with the elderly couple, who told them about the nearby lake they can go have fun at.

 

“Careful! careful!” Jennie yells out while laughing when Jisoo and Lisa decide to run after Doyeon instead.

 

As the four played in the water, Roseanne watched from afar, opting to sit and relax by the water instead of going in with everyone. Her eyes were cast forward, but if you watch her close enough you can see exactly who she was watching very carefully over.

 

Feeling eyes on them, Jennie glances back and notices the brunette watching with an unreadable expression on her face.

 

“Guys, I’ll be back.” Jennie motions towards Roseanne and the others nod.

 

Roseanne lifts a brow as Jennie runs towards her.

 

“Hey.” Jennie smiles, her gums showing.

 

“Hi.” Roseanne gives her a small smile.

 

“Are you okay?” Jennie asks, sitting next to the taller girl.

 

“Fine.”

 

“I’m sorry.” Jennie sighs.

 

“For?”

 

“I don’t know...dragging you here with us?”

 

“You didn’t. I chose to come.”

 

“Right..but I’m still sorry. For always dragging you into my mess.” Jennie chuckles lightly, and Roseanne smiles at this, “It’s fine. Makes life more interesting. Besides, this is Lisa’s mess.” The two laugh together. And for Jennie, it’s the first time she’s heard the other girl laugh like that.

 

~ ~

 

When night came the girls returned to the elderly couple’s home. Roseanne disappearing off somewhere without a word.

 

“Guys wanna play a game.” Jisoo had a smirk on her face that screamed trouble.

 

“What game?” The 4 sat together in a square on the floor.

 

Jisoo chuckled, getting up and turning the lights off. Using her phone’s light to illuminate the room and grabbing a random page from the newspaper.

 

“Anyone got a pen?”

 

“I do.” Lisa whips out a pen from her bag.

 

“Let’s summon the spirit of the pen.”

 

“I don’t want to.” Jennie furiously shakes her head no, “I’m scared.”

 

“Don’t worry I’ll protect you.” Jisoo hooks her arm around Jennie’s.

 

“Me too.” Doyeon smiles, patting the top of Jennie’s head affectionately.

 

“No no..I don’t want to, I’m scared.”

 

“Jen, we all want to do it but you.” Lisa says.

 

“Ugh fine.” Jennie concedes, wondering where Roseanne could have gone.

 

“Yes!”

 

~

 

“Ask something else.” Lisa urges while Jennie and Doyeon held the pen together, everyone’s eyes are closed when Roseanne walks back in her gaze zeroing in on the two holding hands. Fighting a scoff she sits in her corner of the room, purposely bumping into Lisa on the way.

 

“Aish you scared me.” Lisa opened her eyes seeing the other girl walk back.

 

“Ah wait wait. You can’t remove your hand.” Lisa and Jisoo stop Jennie from running off to Roseanne, “If we suddenly remove our hands the spirit will get angry.” Lisa warns.

 

“It seems that it’s irritable.” Roseanne couldn’t stop herself from commiting.

 

“Okay okay that’s enough for tonight.” Lisa says, “Dear spirit of the pen, we won’t bother you anymore tonight. Rest well.”

 

The second Lisa finished talking, Jennie quickly ran over to Roseanne, “Where were you? They forced me to play and I was really scared.” She pouts.

 

“It didn’t seem like it.” Roseanne answers. The two gaze at each other, neither one knowing what to say next, until Roseanne finally tears her gaze away.

 

“Jen.” Doyeon hands Jennie a chocolate bar, “I noticed earlier when we were buying snacks that you seem to like these.” The girl smiles.

 

Roseanne couldn’t stand the scene anymore so she got up, leaving the two alone.

 

“Oh..uhm..I’ll eat it later.” Jennie says running off to find Roseanne.

 

Outside the house, Roseanne releases a big sigh.

 

“What’s wrong with me?” She sighs, running a hand through her hair, “So what if she gave her a chocolate bar.”

 

“You don’t believe in the spirit of the ghost pen right?” Jennie walks towards Roseanne, who clears , panicking internally at the thought of Jennie hearing her just now.

 

“I..” Roseanne pauses, a teasing smile almost showing on her face, “don’t, but science can’t explain everything.”

 

“Don’t scare me.” Jennie inches closer.

 

“What did you guys ask?”

 

“Let’s see...Lisa asked if she’s already met the person she’d marry.”

 

“The answer was yes.”

 

“Jisoo asked if there was coffee milk at home.”

 

“It said no.”

 

“ Doyeon aske..”

 

“What about you..what did you ask?” Roseanne interrupted not really caring about Doyeon.

 

“I couldn’t ask it...I was scared of the answer it might give.”

 

“What kind of question would be so scary that you couldn’t ask it?”

 

“I was scared that the spirit my say no if I asked whether you would like me or not. If it did...then I couldn’t like you anymore.”

 

Roseanne frowns, “Why?”

 

“Because it would be sad..knowing that you won’t care for me like I do you but I still go on pretending that it doesn’t hurt, trying to keep my hopes up. I’d probably end up having to just have you say it..” Jennie pauses, wondering to herself if there would come a day where she would have to ask her Rosie of this, “to say that you won’t ever fall for me..to just give up.”

 

“I..”

 

“Atatat stop stop..don’t say the words...I’m just rambling. Just let me stay this way okay?” Jennie smiles.

 

“Mm.” Roseanne nods.

 

“What about you?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“What question would you ask?”

“If being an idiot can be cured.” Roseanne pokes the top of Jennie’s head, before walking off smiling to herself lightly.

 

3,2,1

 

“Ah Rosie, wait for me!” Jennie yells right on cue.

 

~

 

“Let’s play one more game.” Lisa says, while everyone was already comfortably laying down.

 

“Lisa, leave us alone... it’s late.” Jennie mumbles, but everyone gets up anyway.

 

“Okay everyone take this...and this.” Lisa hands them all a strip of paper and a pen, “Now, write a secret and place it in the middle.”

 

Lisa mixes everyone’s papers up, “Okay now grab one and read it to yourself.”

 

‘I love Jennie Kim’

 

Jennie looks around after reading the note she picked, her heart racing at the thought that it could be Roseanne.

 

“We all have to keep these a secret and can’t tell anyone else.” Lisa announces, carefully hiding her note.

 

~ ~

 

The next day, the group of 5 are watching the sunrise together before leaving on the first bus.

 

“The view is way better here than that stupid resort right?” Lisa says, sounding a bit too serious.

 

“Don’t kid yourself.” Jisoo nudges her.

 

“THE VIEW IS SO NICE!!! WE SHOULD ALL SHOUT SOMETHING!” Lisa shouts with her whole chest. The others chuckle at the girl.

 

“C’mon it’s your time.” Lisa looks at Jisoo, who points to herself, “Me?”

 

“Mhm.” Lisa nods her head enthusiastically.

 

“I WISH LALISA WOULD SHUT UP!”

 

“Ayy Chu..” Lisa whines while laughing with the others.

 

“Okay now you.” Jisoo looks at Doyeon.

“Okay..” the girl clears , “I HOPE YOU ALL CAN COME WATCH ME TAKE THE CHAMPIONSHIP ON MONDAY!”

 

“C’mon Jen you.” Doyeon smiles at the shorter girl.

 

“I WISH ROSIE WOULD SHOUT SOMETHING!” Jennie and the others look at Roseanne expectantly.

 

“You’re up.” Jisoo says.

 

“KESHI IS THE BEST!”

 

“You actually yelled something out...are you sick again?” Jennie looks at the girl with wide eyes.

 

“Wahh you can actually speak louder if you wanted to.” Lisa teases.

 

The trip ends with many laughs and good memories...even though the start was bad, making the best out of whatever the situation is, can sometimes turn into a wonderful memory.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“We’re late!”

 

“Relax, it's not even her turn yet.”

 

“But all the good seats will be taken.”

 

“You two stop arguing, let’s just try to find some seats.” Roseanne sighs, leading the 4 into the crowd, luckily finding empty seats with a good view of the track.

 

“WHOO LET’S GO DOYEON!” Jennie yells, catching everyone’s attention.

 

“All sprinters please get on your mark.”

 

“Okay here we go..here we go.”

 

“DOYEONIE FIGHTING!” Jennie yelled as loud as she, earning a wide smile from the girl.

 

“On your mark.”

 

“Get set”

 

“Go!” The gun goes off and the sprinters dash at full speed.

 

“Go go go Doyeon!” Jennie, Jisoo, and Lisa cheer as loud as possible.

 

Seconds later, Doyeon crosses the finish line in first place.

“AHHHH she did it!” The four chorused, quickly maneuvering their way through the crowd to get to their friend.

 

“Kim Doyeon you just qualified for the national finals and a possible spot for the youth team, how do you..”

 

“Excuse me.” Doyeon interrupts one of the reporters and makes her way to her friends.

 

“You did it!” Jennie, Jisoo, and Lisa engulf the girl in a group hug.

 

“Here.” She places her gold medal around Jennie’s neck.

 

“Huh?”

 

“It’s not Olympic gold, but it’s a start…Remember what I said?” Doyeon smiles.

 

“But I can’t..”

 

“Is she your motivation for winning the race?” The reporters crowd around the two, pushing the other 3 out of the circle.

 

“Yes.” Doyeon answers, wrapping an arm around Jennie’s shoulder.

 

“Will Kim Doyeon finally confess to our Jendeukie?” Jisoo purposely says loudly, knowing how angry Rosanne already is with how tightly her fists are clenched.

 

“Maybe.” Lisa says, trying to ignore the deep chill on her back.

 

If looks could kill..Roseanne might be charged with murder.

 

~

 

“Is it true that Jennie and Doyeon are dating?”

 

“I mean they’re always together…look at them. Jennie isn’t ugly, she’s actually really pretty. Imagine if she grew out her bobbed hair.”

 

“True..visually..that couple..wow.”

 

“Stop talking nonsense.” Roseanne slammed her book shut. She thought she could escape all the Jennie and Doyeon dating talk in the library, but it seemed to be the hot topic among the student body.

 

“So they’re not together?”

 

“Definitely not.” Roseanne says with finality, walking out. Her annoyance is bubbling because it’s just Jennie and Doyeon everywhere she goes.

 

“Rosie!” A familiar voice calls her name, “Hi.” Jennie smiles.

 

“Hi.” Roseanne tried her best not to get annoyed at the girl, it wasn’t her fault.

 

“Oh Boss!” Doyeon arrives, and Roseanne tries her best not to glare at the girl.

 

She liked Doyeon, but she didn’t like how Doyeon looked at Jennie for reasons Roseanne still doesn’t want to admit.

 

“C’mon, let’s go finish your math homework.” Roseanne grabs Jennie's wrist, dragging her away before Doyeon could.

 

“But I alre..Rosie?” Jennie watches Roseanne carefully, noting how her jaw is clenched tightly.

 

“Okay.” Jennie smiles, letting the taller girl drag her away.

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Just gotta finish cleaning the classroom then we’re all free for christmas break!”

 

“YAY!!”

 

“Jen, let's clean the windows.” Jisoo, followed by Lisa, drags Jennie to the windows.

 

“Where’s Rosie?” Jennie asks as she gets on a chair that’s set on top of a desk to wipe the upper windows.

 

“She went to grab something with Doyeon.”

 

“Ah is that..”

 

“What are you doing up..careful.” Roseanne’s eyes widened when Jennie lost her balance…thankfully, Doyeon was there to catch her.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“Mhm.” Jennie nods, as Doyeon let’s her down.

 

“Here.” Roseanne hands Jennie a stick with a rag attached to it, “Use this so you don’t have to get up there.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“And you two.” Roseanne turns her attention to Jisoo and Lisa, “If you’re going to do that, at least hold the chair steady.”

 

Roseanne was angry, the four could tell.

“Hmmm…” Jisoo smiles, “She can be so obvious sometimes.” The girl whispers to herself.

 

“Say something Chu?”

 

“Nothing, c’mon let’s just finish the windows.”

 

“Do…where did she go?” Lisa looks for the girl but she is nowhere to be found.

 

“Probably got called by the coach, let’s just finish.”

 

“Okay okay.”

 

The class cleans diligently, trying to finish so they can enjoy the break as early as possible.

 

“It’s snowing!”

 

“Whaaa~” Everyone runs to the windows.

 

“Open the windows, it’s the first snow.”

 

“Huh? This isn’t snow….it’s fake.”

 

“What do you mean.”

 

“YOU THERE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!” A loud voice was heard from the rooftop, causing the ‘snow’ to stop.

 

“Oh it is…wait guys, look it’s really snowing now.”

 

As the class watched the first few minutes of the first real snowfall of the year, a certain track star is laying on the rooftop after escaping one of the teachers that caught her, catching her breath with a wide smile.

 

‘I wish it would snow soon..I like watching it snow.’

 

It was mentioned in passing by Jennie as the group talked about what they’ll be doing for break, but Doyeon made a note of this.

 

‘Give Jennie a snowfall, if it doesn’t snow by break.’

 

~

 

“I wonder who did that today.” Jennie says as her and Roseanne walked towards the apartment complex.

 

“I don’t know.” Roseanne says, stopping right in front of Jennie confusing the girl, “But they lucked out that it actually started snowing. Imagine if Jung made us stay and clean that up.” The brunette says, wrapping her scarf around Jennie’s neck, covering her face up to her nose. Leaving the shorter girl utterly speechless.

 

“There..now you won’t look like Rudolf.” Roseanne chuckles, heading in before Jennie could get out of her daze.

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Are you seriously going to do it today?”

 

“Mhm..it’s almost graduation…and I mean it’s now or never right?”

 

“True.”

 

“But what if she rejects you.”

 

“Lisa!” Jisoo slaps Lisa’s shoulder hard.

 

“I mean..you know how she is.”

 

“If she does…”

 

“Well?”

 

“Well I guess that’ll be how my first love ends.” Jennie shrugs, although deep inside she’s hoping that won’t be the case. Her and Roseanne have gotten closer and the girl seems to be smiling around her more.

 

~

 

Classes just ended and it was time for Jennie’s plan to be set in motion. It’s quite cute, her plan. She wanted to re-enact her first failed confession when the two were sweeping the ground during their first year of high school. She even got fake leaves scattered on the ground for this. Thankfully it was a nice breezeless day.

 

“You guys stay here. I’ll go find Rosie.” Jennie smiles, running off.

 

“Where’s Doyeon?” Lisa asks as soon as Jennie is out of sight.

 

“If the person you like is about to confess to someone else would you want to watch?”

 

“No..I won’t.” Lisa shakes her head no.

 

~

 

“Where can she be?” Jennie frowns, she’s been walking all over the school grounds but she hasn’t caught sight of the tall brunette.

 

“Hey Jin, have you seen Rosie by chance?” Jennie asks one of her classmates.

 

“Roseanne? Oh yeah she went towards the back garden wi..”

 

“Okay thanks Jin!” Jennie runs off not waiting for Jin to finish.

 

“Ros..” Jennie was about to call out to the taller girl, only to see her suddenly hug Sana.

 

“Don’t watch.” Doyeon comes from behind, covering Jennie’s eyes, “I’ll lead you away. Let’s go.”

 

“I–uh..thank you.” Jennie sniffles, trying to keep her tears at bay.

 

“Mhm..” Doyeon didn’t know what to say. She was angry, heartbroken, and worried.

 

“I should go find Lisa and Chu..we need to clean up the mess I made.” Jennie chuckles, trying to lighten the mood.

 

“I already texted them..they already did it. For now..why don’t you just come with me?”

 

“Where?”

 

“I’m hungry..aren’t you?”

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Jennie do you..”

 

“Chu, let's go get water.” Jennie drags Jisoo away, totally ignoring Roseanne.

 

“That’s…strange.” Roseanne frowns, she thought it was weird how quiet Jennie has been all day, not even sparing her a glance.

 

“Doyeon.” Roseanne wakes up the sleeping girl.

 

“What?” Doyeon glared.

 

“Is Jennie okay?” Roseanne was worried.

 

“No..she isn’t. But don’t concern yourself with her anymore.” Doyeon says, getting up from her chair, leaving the classroom before she does something to her friend.

 

“Lisa you..”

 

“Don’t look at me bro.” Lisa too gets up, and leaves the taller girl alone and confused.

 

“Rosie!” Sana calls the girl.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“Yeah…” Roseanne nods, leaving the classroom and heading to the student store.

 

“Hmm…She likes this strawberry milk..and I should get her some crackers..” Roseanne smiles as she grabs the snacks Jennie usually eats in class. The taller girl was expecting Jennie to jump for joy at this, especially since it’s the first time Roseanne bought her snacks without the shorter girl whining.

 

“I don’t want it.” Jennie’s tone was flat.

 

“What?”

 

“You can keep it.”

 

“Jen.” The nickname came out of Roseanne’s mouth unintentionally, but she didn’t like this Jennie. She didn’t like how distant Jennie suddenly felt.

 

“Just..sit down Roseanne. Class is about to start.” Jennie sighs, turning away.

 

“Oh boss there you are!” Doyeon comes over quickly, bumping shoulders with Roseanne, “Here you go.” Doyeon places the same snacks on Jennie’s desk.

 

“I’m not hungry, but thank you Doyeonnie.” Jennie smiles at the girl.

 

“Jen..you didn’t even eat anything at lunch..just one bite..please?” Doyeon opens the milk and crackers.

 

“If you don’t eat, I’ll feed you.” Doyeon threatens.

 

“Okay okay.” Jennie finally begins to eat.

 

All day it was like that, Jennie being aloof towards Roseanne and it bothered the taller girl to no end. She tried giving her snacks, but that didn’t work. Tried refilling her bottle for her, but that didn’t work. Offered to take her home, but nope.

 

“You…come with me.” Roseanne drags Lisa away, because Jennie had just left with Doyeon and she was done being ignored. She hated it.

 

“What?” Lisa’s tone was harsh, but not as harsh as Jisoo’s was when Roseanne tried talking to her.

 

“Jennie’s avoiding me and I want to know why. I didn’t even do anything.”

 

“You really think you didn’t do anything?”

 

“I didn’t.”

 

“Let me ask you this then, if you saw the person you like accept someone else’s feelings how would you feel?”

 

“What?”

 

“Pretty bad right?”

 

“Lisa, you're not making any sense.”

 

“It’s not me..it’s you..I actually thought you might actually like her too..but well..look.” Lisa gestures behind them at Sana, “It’s your girl. I gotta go.” Lisa leaves before Roseanne could stop her. Things are finally clicking for the girl.

 

“Goodness..” Roseanne shakes her head, grabbing her bike and rushing home so she can talk to Jennie.

 

When Roseanne made it home, Jennie’s bike was nowhere in sight.

 

“Where is she..” Roseanne started to get anxious once it started to pour rain.

 

“Jen!” Roseanne quickly dashed out in the rain, umbrella in hand when she saw the girl walking while being pelted with rain.

 

“Are you okay?” Roseanne worriedly asks, placing her sweater over the girl’s shoulder.

 

“I’m fine.” Jennie made a move to remove the sweater.

 

“It’s not what you think.” Roseanne places her hand over Jennie's, stopping her movements, “Sana and I..it’s not like that.”

 

“But I saw Rosie..it’s okay. I’m fine.”

 

“I’ve just been helping Sana out..she’s been having some trouble with class. She was just really thankful that day..it didn’t mean anything.”

 

“Hmm okay.”

 

“Jennie.”

 

“Rosie.”

 

“I don’t like it…Us being distant like this.”

 

“Were we ever even close for you to feel like that?” Jennie looks up at Roseanne.

 

“Aren’t we?”

“I don’t know Rosie.” Jennie sighs, running away before she caves in.

 

~ ~

 

It was a few days before graduation when the two finally returned to normal. Well their new normal at least.

 

“So you guys are good for real?” Lisa asks.

 

“Mhm.” Rosie nods, her eyes instantly zooming in on Jennie who was fast asleep at her desk.

 

“Good, cause I still secretly rooted for you.” the girl chuckles.

 

“Lalisa, get over here!” Jisoo calls and Lisa happily skips over.

 

Left alone, Roseanne quietly enters the classroom, bending down to match Jennie at face level; the taller girl couldn’t stop the smile from forming on her lips.

 

“Look at you sleeping so peacefully.” She grabs a pen on Jennie’s desk and gently moves the stray strands of hair from Jennie’s face, “Sweet dreams.” Roseanne gets up, placing Jennie’s cardigan over her shoulder.

 

~

 

“Jennie.” Doyeon interrupts the moment Jennie and Roseanne were having, “Can we talk?”

 

“Sure, what’s up Doeyonie?” Jennie smiles at the athlete.

 

“I was hoping we could talk alone.”

 

“Okay.” Jennie nods, turning to Roseanne, “I’ll be right back.”

 

“Hmm.” Roseanne nods, wanting to follow after the two, but ultimately deciding not to.

 

Doyeon led Jennie to the track.

 

“What’s up?” Jennie asks, caught a bit of guard when Doyeon suddenly held both her hands.

 

“I like you Jennie Kim. As more than a friend.” Doyeon straightforwardly confessed, “But I know that you and I can only be friends because you only see her. So, for now, I’ll concede and be happy as friends.”

 

“Doyeon?”

 

“I’m leaving for the states tonight. I’ll be training with their youth team. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you guys earlier.”

 

“What? But we haven’t even graduated yet…”

 

“I’ll take my exams there and they’ll send me my diploma. Sorry I couldn’t walk with you and everyone else.” Doyeon wipes Jennie’s lone tear, while holding her own back, “But remember my promise?”

 

“Olympic gold?”

 

“Mhm..I’ll come back when I win. Trust me.”

 

“I know you can do it Doyeonie.” Jennie reaches up to pat Doyeon’s head lightly.

 

“I’ll miss you Boss.” Doyeon pulls Jennie into her arms, “Take care of yourself here. And tell me if Rosie ever messes up.”

 

~

 

“What did you tell her that she cried?” Roseanne asks as Doyeon leaves the locker room.

 

“I’m going to the states tonight. I’ll be training with the team there. I’ll be leaving her in your care..so make sure you do your job well.”

 

“She was never yours to leave.”

 

“You can be really annoying sometimes you know?” Doyeon chuckles.

 

“You too.” Roseanne smiles.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/n: Hello....I was going to post this as one giant thing..but I don't think you guys would appreciate trying to read 70 pages in one sitting..so here's the first half. 

This story is based off of the C-Drama with the same title. I really thought it was cute af so I was like yes..Chaennie  yep...some of the scenes and stuff is different cause I tried to do it off memory but I did rewatch some episodes to make sure I got the flow right.

As always let me know what you think. 

Till Next time.

Bye bye~

p.s in case I don't post by the end of the week..

 

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!