Swings & Sunsets

Chaennie Collections vol 2.

-Jennie-

“Why are you here again?” I groan seeing her happily swinging on my swing. Mine.

 

“Why not?” the blonde asks, still swinging happily.

 

“Cause that’s my spot? I told you that’s my spot.”

 

“How old are you? 5? Just get on the one next to me.” She says in that Aussie accent of hers that’s so attrac..no no. I don’t like her, she took my swing.

 

“Are you gonna be pouting all night over there? C'mon, swing with me, the sun’s setting.”

 

“Whatever.” I roll my eyes, sitting on the swing next to her anyways.

 

I hear her chuckle next to me.

 

“What?” I turned to her.

 

“Nothing.” She stops swinging, just as the sun dips below the horizon, “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

 

“No.” I say, and she just smiles at me.

 

“You will. Bye!” She waves a hand before running off.

 

 

 

“It’s not.” I whisper to myself, suddenly remembering that little girl.

 

“Hey, that's my spot.” I tell the dark haired girl on my swing.

 

“Oh I didn’t know.” She smiles, getting off my swing, and moving to the one next to it.

 

“It’s fine.” I say under my breath getting on my swing, “At least the seat is warm.”

 

“Hmm.” She smiles, happily swinging herself.

 

“I’m Jennie Kim, future 4th grader. You?” I ask the girl.

 

“You want to know my name?” She asks shyly.

 

“I can’t?”

 

“No no..it’s just..no one’s wanted to be my friend before.”

 

“Well now we’re friends..uhm.”

 

“Chaeyoung..Park Chaeyoung.”

 

-Rosie-

 

I left the park all giddy.

 

“Goodness..you really haven’t changed.” I shake my head, glancing behind me to see her focused on her phone, “At least you remembered.” I smile looking at the photo of us.

 

 

~ ~

 

 

-Jennie-

 

“Again? How many times do I have to tell you that’s my spot?” I groan seeing that blonde haired girl on my swing again.

 

“I told you I’d see you again today.” She gives me that smile of hers and I roll my eyes.

 

“Whatever.”

 

“You should really come up with a better comeback then ‘whatever’.” She teases me.

 

“Shut up.”

 

“See...character development.”

 

“God are you always this insufferable?” I huff, sitting on the swing next to her.

 

“Yes.” She shamelessly answers.

 

“Great.” I sarcastically reply.

 

“You know we’ve met here 5 times already but you still haven’t told me your name.”

 

“You too.” I reply, and she rolls her eyes at me. Then gets up from my swing, and walks towards me.

 

“What?” I look up at her as she stands in front of me.

 

“I’m Roseanne Park, but you can call me Rosie.” She extends a hand out.

 

“Hi.” I say, not bothering to shake her hand.

 

“Aren’t you going to tell me your name?” She puts her hand back to her side.

 

“No.”

 

“Tch meanie.” She pouts and I smile.

 

“Oh I just made you smile, that should at least win me your name.” She tries again.

 

Persistent isn’t she.

 

“Jennie, Jennie Kim.” I say and her eyes light up.

 

“Nice to meet you.” She puts her hand out again.

 

“It’s not.” I say, shaking her hand.

 

-Rosie-

 

“Jeez why are you always so cold to me.” I whine.

 

The old Jennie..the one from my memories was always warm and kind towards me. This one is just so cold.

 

“We’re not friends, why do I have to be nice?”

 

“But we’ve watched the sunset 5 times, actually 6 times now...I think we’re friends.” I smile warmly at her.

 

“No.”

 

“Whyyyyy be my friend Jennie~” I whine like a child, and I can tell that she’s suppressing her smile.

 

“No.”

 

“I can see a small smile, c’mon be my friend pleaseee... I don’t really have friends here in Vancouver.” I pout, with puppy dog eyes for maximum effect.

 

I hear Jennie exhale loudly through her nose and I know I’ve got her.

 

“Fine.” She says.

 

“Why does it seem like I’m forcing you.”

 

“Because you are.” She deadpans.

 

“I’ll take it.” I laugh and she smiles while shaking her head, “Idiot.”

 

 

~ ~

 

 

 

-Jennie-

 

I made sure to get to the playground extra early so Rosie wouldn’t beat me to my spot, but I was surprised to see her already there.

 

“Really? Again?” I glared at her and she chuckled, “The early bird catches the worm Jen.”

 

“It’s sunset.” I deadpan and she shrugs.

 

“Why are you obsessed with this particular swing anyways?” She asks me, swinging lightly, her feet dragging on the ground.

 

“Will you move if I tell you?” I sat on the one next to her. She seems a little down today.

 

“Hmm maybe.” She looks at me briefly, before staring at the sunset again.

 

“Okay well when I was about to go into 4th grade I met a very precious friend here. We played together everyday that summer, she was like my best friend. But then one day she stopped showing up. Till now I don’t know what happened. I just hope she’s okay.”

 

“She had her reason.” Rosie looks at me with a serious expression.

 

“Why do you say it like you know for sure?” I ask, and she just shrugs, “I just do.” She smiles.

 

“Alright weirdo.” I shake my head.

 

-Rosie-

 

“Hey.” I call out to Jennie, and she looks at me.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Here.” I stand up from the swing, “It’s yours.” I smile, gesturing for her to sit.

 

“Really?” Her eyes sparkle in happiness, “Yeah.” I nod and she happily gets up from her swing and moves to mine.

 

“Thanks.” Her smile is big and wide, gums showing.

 

“I kept it warm for you.” I laugh, watching as her mood gets better just by something so simple.

 

“Yeah you did.”

 

“So this friend of yours,” I began slightly nervous, “Is she why you keep coming here every night?”

 

“I don’t come every night.” Jennie denies.

 

“Well so far you’re 7 for 7 everytime I’m here.” I , “So why?”

 

“A small part of it is her, but most of it is something that I won’t tell you.” Jennie sticks her tongue out at me playfully, but I can tell that for now, she doesn’t trust me enough to tell me.

 

“Alright, I get it.” I nod, ignoring the buzzing of my phone as Jennie and I watched the sunset together.

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: So...I had posted this on twitter and decided to post it here and wattpad too...so hope you don’t mind. Ah also, I sorta have plot and I sorta don’t.

 

As always, lemme know what you think ^^V.

 

Ciao