Gone -Prelude-

Chaennie Collections vol 2.

-High School-

 

-Year 11-

 

・Rosie’s POV

 

There she goes again, looking stunning as always. Goodness, God really took his time making Jennie Kim. From her long chocolate colored hair, her feline eyes that draw anyone in, her cute little button nose, her very kis….

 

“Hey!” Lisa nudges me out of my thoughts, “You're staring again.” She laughs at me.

 

“I was not.” I denied, I was thinking about this math problem.” I point to my notebook.

 

“Rosie...that’s your chem homework.” Lisa’s loud laugh echoes around us in the outdoor quad.

 

“Can you shhhh.” I cup my hand over , “People are staring.” I smile politely at everyone.

 

“Okay first of all, everyone stares at you regardless.” Lisa says stealing one of my chips.

 

“Hey, get your own.” I move my platter of fish and chips away from her wandering hands.

 

“Anyways, when are you going to ask her out?”

 

“I have no idea who you’re referring to.” I reply, trying to concentrate on my notebook..and not at Jennie Kim who’s currently sitting 4 tables away with her best friend Jisoo Kim.

 

“Mhm sure. But c’mon Rosie you’ve had a crush on Jennie Kim since our first year here.”

 

“And?”

 

“Dude, we’ve only got this year and the next left. You really going to let high school go by without even trying to ask her out? I heard she’s trying to get into uni outside of Australia.”

 

“She’ll get in, I’m sure. Who would ever want to reject her.” I glanced over at Jennie’s table, and her gummy smile was showing. Jisoo must have said something.

 

“Uh hey Roseanne.” A sudden intrusion, blocks the best view for me.

 

“Hi,” I look up and held back my grimace, “Kyle.”

 

Kyle Andrews, school’s football captain and total .

 

“Just wondering if you had any plans tonight?”

 

“Uh..” I look at Lisa asking for help.

 

“She does.” Lisa answers, with a devious smirk on her lips.

 

“Li..”

 

“With Jennie.” She says, right as Jennie walks by grabbing her wrist.

 

“Huh?” Jennie looks at Lisa, then at Kyle, and then at me.

 

Good Lord why is she so perfect. I turned my eyes away from her because I didn’t need to be so visually attacked this close.

 

・Jennie’s POV

 

“Right Jennie. You and Rosie here are going to the movies tonight.”

 

“Uhm no we’r..”

 

“You must have forgotten Jen.” I turn to Jisoo with wide eyes.

 

What the hell is happening right now? Why did Lalisa Manoban say I have a date with Roseanne Park? It’s Roseanne Park, the student body adores her. She’s got the looks, the brains, and the money. Roseanne Park is perfect, and there’s no way in hell she would ever look at someone like me.

 

“Remember, Mr. Rowland paired you and Roseanne for a lit project.” Jisoo nudges me.

 

“He..ah..” Jisoo subtly pinches my side, “He did.”

 

“Really?” Kyle the asshat looks at us.

 

“Yes, now leave Kyle.” Lisa shoos Kyle away.

 

“You’re welcome. Now let’s go Jen.” Jisoo says smiling at the other two girls, before pulling me away.

 

“Hey wait!” Roseanne catches up to us, grabbing onto my wrist, which I quickly pulled back.

 

“Sorry..I..just uh..you see..back there..uhm..”

 

I chuckled, never thought I’d see the day Roseanne Park stumbles over her words.

 

“It’s fine Roseanne. Don’t worry about it. Sorry I couldn’t catch on earlier.” I say, turning back around to leave, but is once again stopped.

 

“But since we already told Kyle...why don’t we go?” She nervously asks, biting her lower lip, “To the movies I mean..if you’re not busy or anything..or like yeah..” She loses the small bit of confidence she has.

 

“It’s..”

 

“Meet her at 6 Roseanne. Here give me your phone, I’ll put her number in.” Jisoo answers for me...and if she wasn’t my best friend I would have murdered her right there and then.

 

“Perfect. See you tonight Jennie. I’ll text you.” Roseanne smiles, waving her phone at us before running back to Lisa.

 

“Jisoo what the hell was that?” I glared.

 

“C’mon Jennie it’ll be fun.” She gives me a half-smirk...the same half-smirk that has gotten me in over my head one too many times.

 

・Rosie’s POV

 

“Have fun tonight Ms. Park.” Henry gives me a teasing smirk.

 

“Henry, it’s not like that. Oh my gosh.” I shake my head getting out of the car.

 

“Ring me when you are ready to head home.” He reminds, before heading in the car and driving off.

 

As Henry drives off, I look around the cinema trying to find Jennie. I hope she doesn’t stand me up.

 

“Hey!” I felt a light tap on my shoulder and when I turned around and saw Jennie I forgot how to breathe.

 

“You okay?” She asks, while I nod my head yes because she literally just took my breath away just now and I don’t trust myself to say anything coherent.

 

“Alright, so what should we see?” She asks, walking towards the ticket counter.

 

“Hmmm what are you into?”

 

“Anything but horror.” She chuckles lightly and it’s the most beautiful sound I’ve ever heard in my life.

 

“Hmm how about Wreck-it Ralph?” I suggest and I knew I made the right choice when Jennie practically lit up on the spot.

 

“Really?” She looks at me questioningly.

 

“Yeah, c’mon. I was supposed to watch it with Lisa, but I’m sure she won’t mind.” I chuckle going ahead to the counter.

 

“Wait, I can pay for my..”

 

“It’s my treat.”

 

“But I can..”

 

“Jennie. I insist.” I smile, handing the guy my card before she can argue with me anymore, because even though I come from a family of lawyers...I don’t think I can win against her.

 

“Alright, but let me get the popcorn.” She says, leaving no room for me to argue.

 

After the movie, I texted Henry to come get me..but to take his time.

 

“Thanks for hanging out with me tonight.”

 

“No worries. I had fun, the movie was really cute.”

 

“Yeah.” I agree, imitating Fix-it Felix and successfully making Jennie Kim laugh again.

 

“Anyways, the bus stop is this way for me. How about you?” She asks.

 

And Henry should have taken more time, because why would he show up when she asked that.

 

“Ms. Park, are you ready?” He asks.

 

“Alright well looks like your ride is here. Thanks again Roseanne. Goo..”

 

“Actually, do you want a ride?” I interrupt her, not wanting this evening to end just yet.

 

“Oh..I don’t want to bother. Besides, the bus should be here soon anyways.”

 

“It’s late Jennie...just let me. For my peace of mind as well.” I signal Henry to help me out.

 

“Yes miss, it’s quite late. Also, if you don’t let Ms. Park here take you home I’m sure she’ll have me follow the bus you take anyways.”

 

My eyes widened at what Henry said….I just want the ground to swallow me whole right now.

 

“Henry..” I hiss and he chuckles at me, “You know you’ll make me Rosie.” Henry laughs, breaking away from his usual proper attitude. But it seemed to have done the trick, because Jennie agreed to let me take her home.

 

~ ~ ~

“So you guys had a good time, but you never texted her again?” Lisa looks at me.

 

“No…”

 

“Why not?? Jisoo practically gave you the in and you chicken out? Rosie you are hopeless.” Lisa shakes her head at me.

 

“I already feel bad for kind of forcing her to go with me in the first place…”

 

“Right, but it’s been like a month? 2 months? Dude...you are so going to lose her to that new kid.”

 

“What new kid?” I frown.

 

“From London...I think his name is Jasper.”

 

“Jasper?”

 

“Yeah he started last week and he’s been very obvious about liking Jennie.”

 

“Well if she likes him, what can I do?”

 

“Just tell her what you feel before he does.”

 

“That’s easier said than done...okay well if you don’t, are you going to be okay seeing her with someone else?”

 

“Okay fine!”

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Alright Rosie..you got this.” Lisa massages my shoulder, pumping me up.

 

“Now..go get your girl.” She pushes me towards Jennie.

 

“Roseanne what a nice surprise.” Jisoo notices me first, and I can hear the murmurs from the others. Goodness why can’t they just mind their own business.

 

“Yeah..I uh wanted to talk to Jennie about something.”

 

“What’s up?” Jennie asked and when her eyes met mine, I felt all the inhibitions and fear I had leave.

 

“Jennie Kim, I really really like you but I know you don’t like me..at least not like that so you can like whoever you want as long as I’m by your side. Be my girlfriend?” I ask, handing her the red rose I’ve been clutching the entire time.

 

“You want me to be your girlfriend even if you don’t own my heart?” She asks with a raised brow.

 

“I just want to be by your side.”

 

“That’s quite selfish of you Roseanne.” Jennie has a small smile on her lips, before taking the flower from my hand.

 

“Is that a yes?”

 

“Well I’m still allowed to like anyone right?”

 

“Mhm.” I nod my head.

 

“Then sure.” Jennie agrees.

 

“OOOHHHHH”

 

“AYYY GET IT GET IT!”

 

The other students hollered and it was only then did I realize that she actually said yes.


 

-Year 12-

 

・Jennie’s POV

 

“Jennie hey.” Alice opens the door for me and I smile politely at her. No matter how many times I’ve been to Rosie’s house, I don’t think I’ll ever get used to it.

 

“Hello Alice...”

 

“Aly.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Call me Aly. We’re friends now right? You know after the whole midnight incident.” Alice chuckles at me and I suddenly remember the night when I practically spent 100 dollars on a cab because I was worried about Rosie..only to find out her tonsils had to be removed and she forgot to tell me. Like who forgets that?

 

“Oh..okay uhm Aly it is then.”

 

“Perfect. Mum’s inside making breakfast and Rosie poop should be down in a second.” Alice leads me inside.

 

“Mum, Rosie’s girlfriend is here.” Alice announces, and if I didn’t already agree to this, I would have been high-tailing it out of the Park mansion faster than I can say Rosie.

Goodness Rosie where are you? I panicked as Alice led me towards the dining room where her dad was probably already seated.

 

“Jen!” I heard Rosie’s voice from behind me, and I felt a sudden wave of relief.

 

“Sorry to keep you waiting. I didn’t know what to wear.” She shyly admits, holding my hand and giving it a gentle squeeze, “You look beautiful. By the way.”

 

“Thank you. You look beautiful as always.” I smile.

 

“And now I feel single. So if you two would excuse me, I’ll be in the kitchen helping mum.”

 

“Merry Christmas.” I handed my gift to her.

 

“Thank you. I have yours in my room. C’mon.” Rosie leads me to her room.

 

“Now we can open them together...can I go first?” Rosie asks, giving me her puppy dog eyes that I can’t seem to say no to.

 

“Alright go for it, it’s christmas anyways.”

 

“Yay! My first gift, from my first love, on our first Christmas.” She says so tenderly, like she can’t believe it’s happening.

 

“I hope you like it..it’s not much bu..”

 

“Are you kidding me? I love it!” Rosie pulls out the bracelet I had made her, “This is beautiful Jen..now I’m a little shy to give you mine. Where’d you get this?”

 

“I uhm...just at a nearby antique shop.” I lie.

 

“You’ll have to take me there sometime.”

 

“Sure.” I smile, while I carefully unwrapped the gift she prepared for me.

 

“Rosie….it’s beautiful.” I pull the locket out from the box.

 

“Open it.” She urged me and I wanted to cry when I saw the photo she had chosen to put inside. It was my family’s last portrait together before my dad passed away from cancer.

 

“Your mom and I kinda had a talk the last time I came over...she told me about your dad and how much he meant to you..so I asked for a copy of the photo.” She explains, while I bite my lower lip.

 

“I’m sorry, did I overstep?” Rosie asks after we sat in silence for a bit.

 

“Jen?”

 

I looked at Rosie, her chestnut colored hair falling perfectly down her back, a soft smile on her lips, her deep brown eyes looking into mine.

 

My first kiss with my first love happened on our first Christmas.


 

-Undergrad Years-

 

・Rosie’s POV

 

“Who was that?” I glare at the back of the woman who was a little too close to Jennie.

 

“Hey love.” She smiles at me, and I melt like always.

 

“Well?”

 

“Rosie, chill it was just Irene.”

 

“Irene?”

 

“Yeah she’s in my creative writing class.”

 

“Okay and why..”

 

“Jen!” Jisoo interrupts, stealing precious Jennie time.

 

“Chu!” Jennie returns the greeting happily.

 

“Rosie!” I add, since the two seemed to have gotten into their own little world again.

 

“Hmm look who’s sulking again.” Jennie pinches my cheeks, and places soft kisses on each side, “Irene is taken and so am I. We’ve talked about this right?”

 

“Yeah..I just..it took me since Year 11 of high school to our first year of uni for you to finally admit you love me too...so I’m sorry if I’m a bit possessive. It seems like the future Mrs. Park is a bit too popular as always.” I .

 

“You’re a dork Rosie..and I told you I’m all yours you have my whole heart.”

 

“Can you two go get a room, jeez I think I gotta go to the clinic and get my glucose checked..there’s too much sweetness here I might have diabetes already.” Jisoo groans.

 

“Shut it Chu.” Jennie playfully slaps Jisoo’s shoulder.

 

“Just saying, but hey I ran into Irene she asked me if I wanted to do that thing with her too.”

 

“Thing?”

“Oh, Irene’s part of a modelling agency.”

 

“Modelling?”

 

“Yeah she asked me and Jisoo to try it out. But I don’t think I’ll do it.”

 

“Why not? It’ll be so fun and I don’t want to do it without you.”

 

“Because I have classes? You know I’m on scholarship Chu, I can’t risk my grades slipping.”

 

“It’s just one time Jen. Plus, Irene said it’s flexible.”

 

“I don’t know…”

 

“Jennie..this is like a once in a lifetime opportunity. If you don’t do it now, you might regret it in the future.”

 

“Rosie help me out here.” Jisoo turns to me.

 

And I can tell from the small jut in Jennie’s lower lip, slightly furrowed brows, and the almost indiscernible slump in her shoulders that she was conflicted.

 

“Hey,” I grab her hand, “Do you want a solution or..”

 

“A solution.” She answers before I can even finish asking.

 

“Choose what you won’t regret in the future.” I answer and I can see the cogs in Jennie’s mind turning, most likely weighing out the pros and the cons.

 

“Okay I’ll do it.”

 

“YAY!” Jisoo cheers. “I’ll go find Irene now!” Jisoo excitedly says before dashing off.

 

“Hmm why don’t you look excited?” I ask Jennie, placing my hands on her shoulders, leveling my gaze to hers.

 

“I am, I’m just thinking about my scholarship and what would happen…”

 

“I told you to stop that.” I flick her forehead lightly.

 

“Ah Rosie.” She whines.

 

“Stop worrying about it. If this is what you want then go for it.”

 

“I know, but there’s no guarantee..so I need to graduate from uni too.”

 

“Then you will. Look I’ll be right here with you every step. When you feel like it’s getting too much then tell me okay?”

 

“Mhm okay.” Jennie nods, walking forward and wrapping her arms around me, “Thank you.”

 

“Of course. Now, let’s go..or we’ll both be late to our next class.”

 

“Fine..” Jennie groans.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

・Jennie’s POV

 

“Hello Ms. Kim.” Henry smiles at me, opening the door to the back seat.

 

“Where’s Rosie?” I ask, checking my phone if she had texted.

 

“Ms. Park wasn’t feeling too well, so she sent me to drive you back to the dorms.” Henry gestured for me to get inside.

 

“I told her to wear something warmer now that it’s getting colder out.” I say as I take a seat.

 

“Yes, but you know how stubborn she is.” Henry chuckles from the driver’s seat.

 

“That I do Henry.”

 

“So..” Henry eyes me from the rearview mirror.

 

“Please take me to Rosie.” I say, even though I know Henry already knew that.

 

“Yes, future Mrs. Park.”

 

“My gosh you guys need to stop with that.” I groan, feeling my cheeks burning while remembering how a drunk Rosie at her family’s own little soiree announced that I was going to be her future wife.

 

“It’s cute. Her parents are already planning it I think.” Henry teases me further.

 

“Henry!” I whine and he laughs.

 

“But in all seriousness Jennie.” Henry calls me by my name, a rare event usually when he’s in what Rosie and I secretly call his “dad” mode, “You two are good for each other. I’ve seen you go from shy teenagers to adults in love. You’ve both grown so much.”

 

“Don’t start crying on me now Henry.” I teased.

 

..

 

“Hello Auntie.” I greet Mrs. Park as I enter the house. She was in the main living area, near the kitchen.

 

“Jennie dear it’s late, why aren’t you at the dorms?” She asks, motiong me to come sit with her on the couch.

 

“Henry told me Rosie wasn’t feeling well and I just wanted to check up on her. I hope it’s okay.”

 

“You know you’re always welcome in this house. No need to even ask.” Mrs. Park smiles at me warmly, “Also, your mother and I hung out today. We talked about your wedding.”

 

“Auntie.” I whine, feeling my cheeks burn again.

 

“Aigoo so cute.” She cooes at me, pinching my cheeks, “We’re just teasing, but you know I think my Rosie is set on you.” Mrs. Park winks.

 

“Yeah I…”

 

“Mummy...my head hurts.” I hear a very familiar voice whining from the top of the staircase.

 

“Well that’s my cue, but since you’re here. I’ll be going. Goodnight dear, just stay the night okay?”

 

“Goodnight Auntie.” I bow my head, before going to my whiny girl.

 

“See this is why I told you to wear something warm...Oof.” A force suddenly collided with me.

 

“Love you’re here.” Rosie ran to me so fast, you’d think we haven’t seen each other in ages or that she wasn’t currently sick.

 

“And you're sick.” I returned the hug, because even though I’m a little annoyed that she didn’t listen to me which caused her to get sick...I did miss her.

 

“No..” she lies.

 

“Roseanne.”

 

“Okay..I have a slight cold.”

 

“I know...now c’mon let’s get you back to bed.” I lead her back up the stairs to her room.

 

“But I want to stay with you.” She whines, holding onto me tighter as we walk.

 

“I’ll be there in a second, let me just go make you some food okay?” I pat her arm lightly.

 

“But but…” She starts to whine when I finally get her all tucked in again.

 

“Rosie..just stay put here. I’ll be back with food and meds.” I kiss her forehead to relax her.

 

“Okay, but come back soon.” She says in her small baby voice.

 

“I will, promise.” I smile before heading back down to the kitchen to cook for my Rosie.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

・Rosie’s POV

 

“Do you want a solution or comfort?” I ask Jennie, as we cuddle on the couch in her dorm. She’s been quiet all day and I knew something was up. But I didn’t want to push her right away.

 

“Comfort.” She says in a soft voice, snuggling closer.

 

“Okay.” I whisper, as I continue to run my fingers through her hair, humming a soft tune.

 

“What song is that?” She asks after a bit.

 

“Passenger seat.” I answer, singing a bit of the chorus for her.

 

“It’s nice.. I like that song. Add it to our playlist okay?” She asks, her voice sounding more and more at a loss with each word, but I don’t probe her more...I know she’ll open up to me when she wants to.

 

“Rosie..” Jennie calls out to me.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“I..I love you. I hope you know that.”

 

“I love you too.” I reply, kissing the top of her head.

 

I wonder...what’s really running on her mind…

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

Jennie never told me what bothered her that evening, but whatever it was she’s got it all figured out because she was back to her usual self a few days later and now we’re currently at her dorm.

 

“He doesn’t deserve her love!” Jennie groans as we watch The King Loves, a Korean drama she’s been obsessed over, “Like look at Rin, he literally is perfect for her. Ma boy gon do anything for San. I swear if this isn’t rinsa OMG LOVE!” Jennie slaps my shoulder, “He just claimed her in front of the King omo see! Second lead love. Second.” She says.

 

“Okay okay. But you know you gotta stop being so cute everytime we watch these.” I say with a serious tone.

 

“Huh?”

 

“I end up focusing more on you than on the show.”

 

“Rosie! That was cheesy.” She pushes me playfully.

 

“Hmm but I know you love it.”

 

“You’re lucky I love you.” She rolls her eyes at me, with a smile on her face.


 

-Rosie’s Law School Years-

 

・Jennie’s POV

 

“Why do you have to be so smart and zoom through undergrad?” I whine.

 

“We still go to the same school Love.” Rosie chuckles.

 

“Still. You’ll be busier now, and we probably won’t have time to see each other as often.”

 

“Don’t worry I won’t let that happen.” She assures me, while we head towards her building, “Besides I should worry more about you.”

 

“Me?” I point to myself.

 

“You’re the one that’s so busy now with shoots left and right.”

 

“It’s not that much. I can still handle it.” I assure her.

 

“I know, but you choose work and school over your own health.” She lectures me again.

 

“Rosie..I’m fine.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

・Rosie’s POV

 

“Roseanne someone left this here for you.” Kate says handing me a lunch box.

 

“For me?”

 

“Mhm..said her name was Jennie.”

 

“Jennie? When did she give this to you?” I ask getting up from my seat.

 

“A few minutes ago. She looked like she was in a rush.” Kate answers, and I slump back down on my seat.

 

“Thanks..” I sigh. We missed each other again.

 

“Don’t forget to eat Love. I’ll see you later. Love you. -J.” I read the card that was inside the lunchbox from Jennie.

 

It’s been like this for months since Jennie graduated from undergrad. Her modelling career took off when she became an ambassador for Chanel and now when she’s not at a shoot she’s being flown here and there all over the world.

 

・Jennie’s POV

 

“Did you get it to her?” Irene asks as we head to the airport.

 

“Yep...she looked busy though so we didn’t get a chance to talk.” I sigh.

 

“Well this is the last thing on your schedule for a while so take it easy Jen.”Ashley, my manager, says.

 

“Thank you.”

 

“No worries...you know if you want we can try to get your shoots done locally in Australia.”

 

“Really?” My eyes light up.

 

“Wait what about me?” Irene pouts.

 

“You’re fine Rene, it’s this one here who gets all depressed whenever we have to leave…”

 

“Clingy.” Irene teases me.

 

“I’m not!”

 

“She isn’t Rene.” Ashley backs me up.

 

“See.”

 

“She’s whipped.” Ashley and Irene laugh.

 

“Whatever.”

 

“See, can't even deny it.”

 

“Yep yep, I mean does Rosie even know you prepare all her meals while you’re gone with very specific instructions on when Lisa should take it to her?”

 

“Or sending her a box of snacks on her exam days?”

 

“It’s just my own way of showing I care.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

A few days later Irene and I are finally back in Melbourne.

 

“Ashley can you take me to Rosie's condo please?” I asked after we took Irene home.

 

“Jen it’s 3am and you still have to be at the salon by 6am.”

 

“It’s fine.”

 

“Alright...it’s closer to my place anyways.” She agrees.

 

When I got to Rosie’s condo, it looked like a tornado hit.

 

Papers and textbooks everywhere, snack wrappers littered around…

 

“At least she ate her meals.” I whisper, seeing the empty dishes in her sink.

 

“Alright Jen, let’s get this place cleaned up.” I cheered myself on.

 

It took about an hour to clean things up, I was tired but it’s nothing compared to the stress Rosie’s probably going through at law school.

 

When I made it to Rosie’s room, she was fast asleep on her desk.

 

“Hi.” I kiss the top of her head, knowing she won’t wake up. She’s a deep sleeper like that, “You must be so tired.” I place a hand on her cheek, before getting her tall body into bed.

 

“There you go. Nice and comfy.” I tuck her in. It was already almost 5 am, I guess I won’t get any sleep tonight. I give Rosie one last kiss on her forehead, before making her a quick breakfast and taking a cab to the salon.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

・Rosie’s POV

 

“JENNIE!” I pull her into my arms, holding onto her tightly. It’s been so long since I’ve seen her in person. Sure we facetime and call, but it’s different when she’s here with me.

 

“Hello Rosie.” She chuckles, “You miss me?”

 

“Obviously.” I reply, refusing to let go.

 

“How’s studying for your boards going? Just 2 more days right?” She asks while we settle on the couch in my condo.

 

“Horrible. I don’t think I’ll pass.” I sigh, looking at all the books and case references around me.

 

“Hey you got this. I know you’ll pass then you’ll graduate. Pretty soon it’ll be you and Aly running your family’s law firm.” She cheers me on.

 

“With you saying that, I think I might actually have a chance.” I laugh, “But when did you land? I could have come picked you up.” I pout.

 

“It’s okay Rosie. I had to go home and change, it was a long flight and I didn’t want to come here all smelly and ugly.”

 

“First of all Jennie Kim can never be ugly in Roseanne Park’s eyes. And you have clothes here Love, you could have just showered here you know.”

 

“Alright, next time I’ll just come straight here.” She hums and I finally see how tired she looks.

 

“Okay, now c’mon.” I stand up and offer her my hand.

 

“Where are we going?” She asks, taking my hand.

 

“To bed.” I answered shortly.

 

“Rosie! I’m pretty ti..”

 

“Not like that.” I chuckle at her face, “I can see your tired, so c’mon let’s go take a nap together. I don’t think I can put anymore things in my brain right now anyways.”

 

It didn’t even take a minute for Jennie to fall into a deep sleep in my arms.

 

And as I watch her breathing steady and even. I wonder just what the hell I did for this woman to ever love me. To choose me.

 

“I hope you never stop loving me.” I whisper, placing a lingering kiss on the top of her head before closing my eyes.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

・Jenne’s POV

 

“Honey this is beautiful.” Mum tells me when I shower her the ring.

 

“Yeah..I saw it at the Tiffany & Co shop in Italy and I knew it was the one.”

 

“So Rosie’s the one then?”

 

“Yeah...she is.” I admit shyly to my mother.

 

“Awww my baby is about to be engaged.” Mum cooes, hugging me tightly.

 

“That’s if she says yes.”

 

“I know she will!” My mom says confidently, “So, when do you plan on asking her?”

 

“I don’t know yet...we really haven’t talked about this topic seriously..it’s always more jokingly..but I’ll always have this with me, because you never know just when the perfect moment will come.” I smile, placing the box in my purse.

 

“So you’ll wait for the perfect opportunity instead of just creating one yourself?”

 

“Yeah...I’ll wait. No matter how long, because I know the perfect opportunity will eventually come.”


 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/n: Here’s the prelude no one asked for.

 

It’s a one shot to give kind of a glimpse of the happier times before the Interlude. So I tried to make it light and happy.

 

Anyways, let me know what you guys think.

 

Also...the next story that I’ve been mulling over for a while has a similar themeish to Gone...so I want to ask: Who, asides from Rosie/Chae, should I pair Jennie with?

 

Until then,

 

Laters