A Love So Beautiful (4)

Chaennie Collections vol 2.

As the days rolled on, Jennie went back to her usual routine..except for one thing, Roseanne has been showing up at her office as much as she can to take the girl for lunch or if she can’t make it, she’ll get food delivered to Jennie.

 

“Ready?” Roseanne smiles, she somehow managed to wear Jennie down enough to invite her out to dinner.

 

“I can’t eat with you tonight.”

 

“Why not?” Roseanne pouts, the two standing in front of Jennie’s office building.

 

“I told Doyeon I’d go with her tonight.”

 

“But..”

 

“Jen, ready to go?” Doyeon shows up, swinging an arm around Jennie’s shoulder, an act that made Rosenne frown.

 

“Yeah.” Jennie nods, and Roseanne wants nothing more than to chase after her..but a part of her couldn’t, not because of her pride, but because she’s starting to wonder if it would be better to just be a part of Jennie’s life as her friend. At least in this way, she’ll still be close to the girl.

 

~ ~

 

“So Lisa told me that you and Rosie have been spending a lot of time together.” Jisoo playfully says.

 

“We have…I think this whole being friends thing is fine.” Jennie nods.

 

“Friends? You still think she wants friendship after literally asking you to make-up?”

 

“I still can’t believe she did that. Like did she think she could come back here and I’d fall back into her arms? I’m not that immature girl anymore. I grew up and I’ve moved on..she needs to do the same.”

 

“Have you really?”

 

“Really what?”

 

“Moved on.”

 

“Duh Chu. If I didn’t move on or whatever, do you think I would be fine casually hanging out with Rosie?”

 

“So you’re really just going to choose Doyeon?”

 

“Why do you guys make it seem like Doyeon and I are a thing? Like I can only choose between one or the other? What if I don’t choose her?”

 

“Jennie…you know she’s still in-love with you?”

 

“Rosie?”

 

“The fact that you thought of her first…” Jisoo says and Jennie waves her off, “I meant Doyeon. She’s always been okay with the way things are between you two, but there’s longing in her eyes.”

 

“I’ll talk to her and draw the line.”

 

“Alright, but do it quickly.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Just cause.” Jisoo shrugs, taking a sip of her iced coffee, “Anyways, how’s work?” Jisoo changes the subject, scared she might say something she shouldn’t.

 

“The same as always.”

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Okay what’s this important thing you needed to tell us?” Lisa says, sitting in front of Roseanne at a cafe near their place.

 

“Where’s Chu?”

 

“She’s coming, she got hung up with work stuff.”

 

“Right..so..I met a publisher who wants to publish Jennie’s comic.”

 

“That’s great…why are you telling us this and not her? Do you want me to be the main character? If so, my fees won’t be cheap.”

 

“Since I’ve been back..Jen and I haven’t really been like before. She’s been cold to me..”

 

“You deserve it.” Lisa interrupts.

 

“Yeah I know I do, but I’ve been trying to fix things and she’s just put this massive wall between us. And with this opportunity for her, I know she won’t do it, not from me at least.” Roseanne looks at Lisa, who raises a brow at her friend, “I need you and Chu to help me get her in touch with the publisher.”

 

“We can do that.” Lisa nods.

“Also, I want to sell my car.”

 

“Why are you selling your car?”

 

“Cause I want a new one.”

 

“Fine, I’ll ask around.” Lisa nods, going along with what the girl wants.

 

~ ~

 

“Jen! I have great news!” Jisoo practically screams over the phone.

 

“It really is if you want to ruin my hearing over it.” Jennie chuckles.

 

“Okay so you remember your award winning design you sent us in the group chat?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Well Lisa decided to send it off to everyone and a friend of hers loved it so much he recommended you to a publisher. Now the publisher wants to meet with you.”

 

“WHAT?! ME?!” Jennie screams.

 

“YES YOU!”

 

“AHHHHHHHH!!” The two scream together.

 

“I’ll send you the details, okay? We’ll go together.”

 

“Okay okay! Ahh tell Lisa thank you a million times over.” Jennie squeals.

 

~ ~ ~

 

The meeting with the publishing company went off without a hitch. Jennie told them about her idea of writing a school themed comic based off of her and her friends high school life. The publishers really liked the idea and decided to move forward.

 

Now, the group of 4 are at Jennie’s condo taking photos for her character design.

 

“Alright let’s see..we only need you Doyeon and then we should be..” Jennie was interrupted by a knock from her door.

 

“I invited Rosie too…she was part of our high school life.” Jisoo says quickly getting up and opening the door.

 

“Did you travel back in time or something?” Lisa says looking at Roseanne who is currently in their high school uniform.

 

“I thought we were supposed to dress up as students.” Roseanne replies, looking at Jennie with a smile.

 

“Yeah it’s fine..uhm Doyeon c’mon let’s take yours.”

 

“Sure. Doyeon stands up.”

 

“Whooo whooo our athlete model is in the house!” Lisa yells.

 

“Shut up Lis.” Doyeon smiles playfully, but when she gets in front of Jennie’s camera her expressions totally change from a charming smile to a gaze so loving Jennie had to turn away.

 

“Okay that’s good.”

 

“That’s good?”

 

“Mhm..uhm Rosie you go next.” Jennie motions for Roseanne to take the spot Doyeon was on.

 

“Okay Rosie..can you look a bit more charming? Or Lovelier?” Jennie asks after taking a few photos of the girl literally just standing there with her usual stoic face.

 

“I don’t know.” Roseanne says.

 

“Hmm Lisa show her.” Jennie says and Lisa gets up and begins to do all sorts of poses, some more cringe inducing than others.

 

“Like that, now you try.” Jennie says and Roseanne tries again. First, she awkwardly puts up a peace sign which causes the four to laugh because she looks so uncomfortable and awkward, but also cute at the same time.

 

“ Next pose, next pose.” Jisoo says from the couch. Now, Roseanne pokes her puffed out cheeks with her index finger. The four began to laugh again, the poses were definitely not something Roseanne was used to, and she really had no idea what she was doing. But making Jennie laugh like that, she was okay with making herself into a fool.

 

~ ~ ~

 

“The photos for this you can confirm with Dahyun, my manager, but as for the text..I haven’t written anything yet.” Doyeon looks at the publishing team for the next ad campaign she’s going to do.

 

“But we need the text, or else there’ll be a lot of empty space. This could affect the marketing too.”

 

“I have a friend in visual design, maybe she can draw something to fill in the space.”

 

“That could work, we have a list of artists we’re working with and you can look through their profiles.”

 

“Okay let’s see..” Doyeon scans the list and sees a familiar name, “Jennie Kim.”

 

“Ah her, she’s new and doesn’t have anything published yet. It wouldn’t be wise to go with her.” One of the staff members says, and the manager catches Doyeon’s frown at this.

 

“But she will have a comic book published soon.” The manager adds.

 

“Yeah and it’s going to be self-published.” another staff member comments, “We can’t say for sure if it’ll be a hit or not.”

 

“Self-published?” Doyeon asks, because according to Jennie it was the publisher who approached Lisa.

 

“Yes, a friend of mine thinks she’s got great potential.” The manager says, “She insisted and is also keeping it a secret. It’s not a cheap endeavor, she even sold his car to do it. I have no idea why she’s doing all this.”

 

“Is your friend Roseanne Park by the way?” Doyeon asks.

 

“Oh you know Dr. Park as well?”

 

“She’s an old friend.” Doyeon smiles.

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Dahyun what’s the emergency?” Jennie asks, breathless, she practically ran to the studio where Doyeon was at.

 

“We need your help Ms. Kim…Doyeon’s partner for the shoot couldn’t make it.”

 

“And how can I help? Do I have to go get her?”

 

“We were hoping you could stand in for her…” Dahyun says nervously.

 

“Me?” Jennie points at herself.

 

“Yes you.”

 

“But I’m not a model and I don’t know how to act and and…”

 

“Relax Ms. Kim.” Dahyun smiles, “You don’t need to act, we just need your silhouette and you to say one line.”

 

“But..”

 

“If you don’t help us both me and Doyeon will be in trouble.” Dahyun pleads.

 

“Just the silhouette, okay? I don’t want to be famous.”

 

“Don’t worry.” Dahyun nods, leading Jennie towards costume, hair, and makeup.

 

~

 

“ACTION!” The director yelled, and Doyeon soon began to play Affinity by Zhenye on the piano.

 

The piece itself is soft and almost whimsical, a piece that, for Doyeon, matches Jennie perfectly.

 

As Doyeon played, Jennie stood there completely nervous, but also mesmerized. She never knew Doyeon could play the piano so well. She’s always only seen the girl either racing, practicing, or goofing off. Who knew she had this side to her as well.

 

When the song finished, Doyeon grabbed the velvet blue box on top of the piano and carefully made her way to Jennie.

 

“Will you marry me?” Doyeon asks, holding the box out, with a beautiful princess cut diamond ring.

 

“Yes.”

 

“Do you mean it?”

 

“Huh?” Jennie looks around and the staff begins to leave the studio.

 

“What’s going on?” Jennie asks.

 

“At first, I wanted to give you more time.” Doyeon begins, “When you’ve finally accepted me, we can date for a few years and then I’ll ask you to marry me. But, as you know, I get extremely insecure when I see a certain someone. So, I couldn’t wait and decided to just jump the gun.”

 

“Don’t..”

 

“Please hear me out.” Doyeon pleads.

 

“I already know what your answer is. But I thought I’d still try…”

 

“I’m sorry Doyeonie…”

 

“It’s been so many years, Jen and you still have terrible taste.” Doyeon smiles.

 

“Aren’t you the same?”

“Take another look at the ring…won’t you at least consider it?” Doyeon says jokingly while holding her tears back.

 

“It really is a nice ring, but can you return it?”

 

“I’ll ask them.” Doyeon smiles, putting the box away.

 

~ ~

 

“Okay what’s up with you? A famous person like you drinking out like this.” Lisa looks at Doyeon who’s been downing shots of soju for a while now.

 

“Just drink with me Lis.” Doyeon says.

 

“I can’t, if Chu finds out I’m here drinking she’ll have me sleeping on the couch.” Lisa says, but Doyeon ignores her and takes another shot, “Okay okay that’s enough…what’s really going on?” Lisa asks.

 

“I asked Jen to marry me.” Doyeon puts the ring on the table and Lisa wordlessly begins to drink as well.

 

The two went from soju to beer and soon a drunken Lisa called Roseanne over.

 

“Rosieeeeee come hang out with Doyeon and Me..”

 

“I’m working.”

 

“C’mon!” Lisa slurs.

 

“Alright.” Roseanne nods, worried about her friends.

 

When Roseanne arrives, Lisa is practically passed out and Doyeon is still drinking away.

 

“Stop it now.” Roseanne takes the bottle away from Doyeon, “I’ll take you two home.” But Doyeon doesn’t budge, instead she hands Roseanne a bottle of beer.

 

“I can’t drink. I have to go back to the hospital.”

 

“You’re always so calm Rosie..”

 

“And you’re drunk.” Roseanne says.

 

“Roseanne Park.” Doyeon stands, “Can you give Jennie back to me?”

 

“She’s always been mine.” Roseanne says and Doyeon begins to laugh, “Yours? YOURS?!” Doyeon yells, “I heard you sold your car to get her comic published. How much is it? I’ll pay for it?”

 

“That’s none of your business.”

 

“How is it not my business? Where were you for three years huh? Where were you when Jen laughed? Where were you when she cried? When she got sick? WHERE?!”

 

Roseanne stayed quiet, she understood where Doyeon was coming from, but she wasn’t going to let Jennie go that easily.

 

“You’ve never loved her as much as I do!” Doyeon yells, finally sitting back down, “Please Rosie let me have her.”

 

Taking a big swig from the bottle Doyeon had handed her, Roseanne finally speaks up, “Everyone thinks Jen loves me more.”

 

“Isn’t that the truth?” Doyeon asks.

 

“I’m not like you guys…ever since I was a kid I figured I’d be fine on my own. My dad passed away when I was young, my mom moved away for work…she took my younger sister with her, but not me. So it doesn’t matter to me. Everyone leaves me in the end, but not Jen..she’s always there. I gradually realized on the way to school I would look back to see if she was secretly following me. At home, I couldn’t help but wonder what she was doing. When I was doing a difficult homework question, I wondered if she was crying over how difficult it was.”

 

“So what? You left her anyway.”

 

“When I left, I thought for sure she’d come see me. BEcause that’s what she’s always done..but she didn’t..and suddenly I was at a loss..I didn’t know what to do.” Roseanne admits, “I actually came back to look for her once, but I found you with her. I thought she finally realized that I wasn’t as perfect as she made me out to be and that I wasn’t the most suitable person for her. So I tried telling myself that she’s dumb, so loud, eats a lot, that I’m better off without her..but I realized that I can’t freaking convince myself that. I realized that I want to hear her voice, share my meals with her..do everything and anything I can with her..I don’t think I can live without her. The thing is whatever she doesn’t like about me…I can change, but I don’t know what she sees in me to make her love me like she did.” Roseanne finishes her drink, and the two now sit in silence.

 

Grabbing her phone and putting it up to her ear, Doyeon says, “Jen? Did you hear all that?”

 

Roseanne looks at Doyeon and realizes what Doyeon just did.

 

“I’ve known you for years and this is the first time I’ve heard you speak so much.” Doyeon says.

 

~ ~

 

“Do you want to fight? HUH?” Doyeon drunkenly stumbles while throwing a weak punch towards Roseanne, only to stumble and fall on the ground, “I really want to punch you.” Doyeon says, hugging one of Roseanne’s legs.

 

“Stop, don't fight.” Lisa, mumbles also on the ground and hugging Roseanne’s other leg.

 

“I..” Roseanne begins but stops when she sees Jennie walking towards them.

 

“Chu and I came together, I just thought you might need help getting them to the car.”

 

“Hmm.” Roseanne nods.

 

~

 

“I’ll take these two home.” Jisoo says and Jennie nods.

 

“Let’s talk.” Jennie says after Jisoo drives off, leading Roseanne to a random bench.

 

“You sold your car?” Jennie begins and Roseanne nods her head.

 

“I’ll figure something out and pay you back.”

 

“How will you get that kind of money?” Roseanne asks but backs off when she comes face to face with Jennie’s glare.

 

“You don’t need to do this for me Rosie.” Jennie sighs and the two sit in silence, until Roseanne’s phone rings.

 

“Answer it.” Jennie says and Roseanne does so.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Dr. Park, the test results you ordered for the patient in 207 are ready.”

 

“Okay just send it to me.” Roseanne ends the call, “You should go.” Jennie gets up, about to walk away when Roseanne grabs hold of her hand, “I’m really really sorry. Will you forgive me?” Roseanne begs, holding Jennie’s hands with both hands, her head down.

 

“Rosie..” Jennie’s tears well in her eyes, and she hates herself for still caring, “Let me think about it.” She says, gently patting Roseanne’s head before pulling her hand out from in between the girl's hands and walking away.

 

~ ~ ~

 

Roseanne doesn’t know how many days have passed, she’s just been working nonstop. She needs to keep busy to distract her from the anxiousness she feels. Jennie still hasn’t called or texted and the blonde has decided to give her space to think.

 

“Good work today Dr. Park.”

 

“Hmm.” Roseanne nods.

 

“Oh by the way, you have a visitor in your office.”

 

“Visitor?”

 

“Mhm, she..” The nurse didn’t even finish her words when Roseanne quickly left for her office.

 

Inside her office, Roseanne sighs, disappointed. There was no one inside.

 

“It must have just been a visitor.” She sits at her desk, opting to look through charts when she notices light coming from the exam room in her office.

 

With a frown, Roseanne gets up and opens the door about to turn the light off when she notices Jennie fast asleep on the bed. Sitting on the bed next to Jennie, Roseanne couldn’t stop herself from smiling.

 

“This isn’t a dream right?” She whispers, pinching herself a bit and wincing when it hurts, “Not a dream.” She smiles, laying down next to Jennie.

 

Jennie doesn’t remember when she fell asleep, but she figured it must have been a while having woken up in Roseanne’s arms. When she tried to get up, Roseanne held onto her tighter, “Where are you going?” The blonde mumbles still half-asleep.

 

“The bathroom.”

 

“Will you come back?”

 

“Mhm.”

 

“Then go.” Roseanne loosens her grip from Jennie’s waist and as soon as the girl sits up, Roseanne was quick to follow, engulfing Jennie in a backhug, “Come back soon okay?” She asks in a sleepy voice.

 

“Okay.” Jennie pats Roseanne’s head affectionately and the blonde finally relents and lets her go.

 

~ ~

 

After that night things between Jennie and Roseanne have gone back to how they were before.

 

“So you and Rosie again?” Jisoo teases.

 

“I…yeah..” Jennie shyly admits.

“Knew you weren’t over her.”

 

“Shut it.”

 

“How’s the comic going by the way?”

 

“Good..writing about our high school days makes me realize how troublesome we were.” Jennie laughs.

 

“We? It was mostly you, Lisa, and Doyeon. Rosie and I just got dragged along.” Jisoo chuckles.

 

“We–..okay that’s true.” Jennie laughs along.

 

The two enjoyed their time gooding off in Jennie’s office when the girl got a call.

 

“Hello Rosie?”

 

“Hey..can you leave for lunch?”

 

“Chu and I were supposed to go together today.”

 

“But….” Roseanne whines, “I’ll have a packed schedule this week so I don’t know when I can have lunch with you again.”

 

“Chu..” Jennie looks at Jisoo with a pleading look.

 

“You two owe me lunch. Separately!” Jisoo stands up, calling Lisa instead.

 

~ ~

 

“Are you tired? Should we have just taken a cab?” Roseanne asks, while the two were walking along the streets hand in hand.

 

“No, I’m fine. Where are we eating anyways.”
 

“Hot pot.”

 

“Hot pot? But it’s the middle of summer and it’s so hot.” Jennie stops walking.

 

“But this hot pot place is really good and they have a special for couples..I’ve always wanted to take you there, so I can’t wait until winter.”

 

“Alright, fine.” Jennie agrees, but still not taking another step.

 

“What’s the matter?”

 

“It’s hot and my hand is sweaty.” Jennie says. Letting go, Roseanne goes to the other side, “Ready?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Let’s go.” Roseanne takes Jennie’s other hand in hers and the two continue.

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Doyeon left yesterday. Did you guys send your goodbyes?” Lisa asks as the group settled at a table at their favorite bar, Night Market.

 

“I talked to her before she left.” Jennie nods, “We’re cool…she just needs time.”

 

“She’ll be back.” Jisoo nods, “She won’t ghost us unlike someone.”

 

“I thought we were over that.” Roseanne sulks.

 

“We are, but that doesn’t mean I’ll let you live it down.” Jisoo smirks.

 

“Okay okay, let’s change the subject to what we actually all came out for. And that’s to celebrate!” Lisa says, filling everyone’s glass with beer, “Cheers to Jen for finishing her comic!”

 

“Cheers!” Jennie takes Roseanne’s drink downing it before the girl could.

 

“Rosie has stomach problems, she shouldn’t be drinking.”

 

“Ayy it’s not like it’s everyday.” Lisa says.

 

“No..I’ll drink it for her.”

 

“Oh jeez Jen.” Jisoo shakes her head, while Roseanne tries to take a sip but is unable to.

 

The night continued with Jennie drinking like no tomorrow and Roseanne trying her best to stop her girlfriend.

 

“Alright c’mon let’s go home you're drunk.” Roseanne chuckles, getting Jennie on her back and carrying her home.

 

“Smile.” Jennie drunkenly commands while still being carried, “Smillleeee I want to poke your cheeks.” She whines and Roseanne complies.

 

“Hehe..Rosie’s fluffy cheeks.” Jennie pokes, before passing out again.

 

When the two arrived at Jennie’s condo, Roseanne gently placed Jennie on the couch, taking a seat next to her.

 

“Jennie.”

 

“Hmm?” Jennie sits up, with the help of Roseanne.

 

“Who am I?”

 

“Girlfriend.”

 

“What’s your girlfriend’s name?” Roseanne asks, lightly pinching one of Jennie’s dumpling cheeks.

 

“Rosie.”

 

“Correct..are you sleepy?”

 

“Not yet.”

 

“Okay, let’s cuddle a bit then.” Roseanne smiles, settling comfortable on the couch, holding Jennie in her arms, “You’re always so obedient when drunk.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Jen..if I asked you to marry while you’re drunk would it make me seem like a bad person? Like I’m taking advantage of you?”

 

“No.” Jennie mumbles.

 

The two sat in silence when Jennie suddenly slapped Roseanne on the chest, “Propose..” She whines.

 

“You?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Okay. I do.” Roseanne nods, “Jen you just proposed to me and I only said yes because it’s you.” The blonde smiles.

 

The following morning, Jennie was preparing breakfast when Roseanne suddenly hugged her from behind.

 

“Did you know you proposed to me last night.” The blonde says, “Why don’t we take an hour off to get our marriage registered?” She teases, causing Jennie to elbow her.

 

“What are you talking about?” She looks at Roseanne.

 

“I know you remember.” Roseanne says, but Jennie soon began to cry.

 

“Hey what’s wrong?” Roseanne hugs Jennie, who just pushes her away.

“We’re not getting married. I won’t marry you. I won’t.” She says, upset.

 

At the hospital, Rosanne was at a loss on what she could do to make it up to Jennie. The girl left her behind without much of a word.

 

“What did you do this time?” Suzy asks seeing the usual cold Dr. Park even colder than usual.

 

“Suzy..can you help me?” Roseanne ignores the question.

 

“For a price.”

 

“I’ll cover your on-call.”

 

“Okay call.” Suzy agrees.

 

~

 

“Jennie over here. She’s really sick.” Suzy leads Jennie to one of the rooms in the hospital.

 

“Is it that bad?” Jennie asks.

 

“See for yourself.” Suzy gestures towards the door.

 

Inside the room, Jennie did not find Roseanne sick in bed. Instead, she found her girlfriend perfectly healthy standing with a big box in her arms.

 

“Marry me?” Roseanne asks when Jennie stops within an arm's length from her, “Suzy told me that you got mad at me because I didn’t propose properly.”

 

“When it comes to marriage proposals, I’ve always imagined mine a certain way..but definitely not a drunken one.” Jennie says.

 

“Is that a yes or no?” Roseanne asks, bending down to meet Jennie’s gaze straight on, “Thank you Jennie Kim, for giving me the kind of love many would die for.”

 

“Since when were you so good with words?” Jennie playfully flicks Roseanne’s forehead.

 

“They said I need to say something sweet when proposing.”

 

“Have you made up your mind? I have an operation soon.”

 

“Huh? Uhm..Why don’t you go do that first? Let me think about it.”

 

“Don’t. You’ll have to say yes sooner or later.” Roseanne cheekily says.

 

“Hurry up and give me the ring then.” Jennie demands with tears welling up.

 

Smiling, Roseanne puts the box out for Jennie, motioning her to open it.

 

Opening the box, medical gloves filled with helium fly out. The last balloon that flew out had rolled up pieces of paper with the ring holding it together. Grabbing it, Jennie completely misses the ring, grabbing the paper instead, while Roseanne grabs the string, untying the ring.

 

“It’s blank.” She says after unrolling the paper.

 

“What do you expect?”

 

“Why did you tie it on the balloon if it’s blank?”

 

“To weigh it down or else the balloon would come out too fast.”

 

Angry, Jennie stuffs the papers in Rsoeanne’s coat. With a soft smile, Roseanne grabs Jennie hands and gingerly places the ring on her 4th finger.

 

“Don’t you have an operation soon?”

 

“I lied. I have outpatient duty today, just rest here and I’ll come get you so we can go home together.”

 

“Okay.”

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Thanks for taking me home Rosie. Text me when you get back to the hospital.”

 

“I’m done for the day.”

 

“Then, text me when you get home.”

 

“I’m thirsty.”

 

“There’s a 7Eleven nearby.”
 

“I’m hungry.”

 

“They also have really good pre-made food.”

 

Roseanne stares at Jennie intently, who avoids her gaze, “You just proposed and now you’re at my place..I’m a little shy.” Jennie admits.

 

“It’s not my first time here.”

 

“It’s different now. You should go home.” Jennie turns Roseanne around pushing her towards the lift, but the girl just makes her way inside Jennie’s condo with a smirk.

Settling on the couch, Roseanne grabs Jennie and makes her sit down so she could lay down on her lap.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“Let me sleep for a bit.”

 

“Alright..” Jennie agrees, playing with Roseanne’s hair when her phone begins to ring.

 

“Hi mom.” Jennie answers in a whisper.

 

“Jen what are you doing?”

 

“Sleeping.” Jennie talks in a hushed tone.

 

“All you ever do is sleep. When are you going to find someone and bring them home to meet us?” Mrs. Kim says loudly over the phone, that Roseanne opens her eyes.

 

“Mom, what did you want to tell me?”

 

“Oh right right..I have a good friend who’s daughter is about your age..she’s a lawyer and works near your office.”

 

“Mom, get to the point please.”

 

“The point is, I want to introduce you to each other. The two of you can chat and talk about what it’s like living alone…get to know each other. Besides nothing will come from you and Rosie or Doyeon right?”

 

“Mom, are all parents so coy nowadays when setting up their children for a blind date? I want no part of it.” Jennie says, and Roseanne has finally had it. Getting up she grabs the phone from Jennie, “Hello Auntie this is Rosie. Jennie and I are an item now. I’ll come visit you and uncle another day.” Roseanne says, while Jennie tried to grab the phone from her.

 

“Here she wants to talk to you again.” Roseanne hands Jennie her phone back.

 

“JENNIE KIM! You just said you’re sleeping!”

 

“Mom, the connection is bad. I’m hanging up.” Jennie quickly ends the phone call.

 

“Problem solved, right?”

 

“Ah, would you look at the time? It’s time for you to go home.”

 

“Can I have some water?” Roseanne asks and Jennie brings her a glass. Downing the water Roseanne gets up and makes her way to the shower.

 

“What are you..” Jennie was caught off guard when the shower , “Is she taking a shower?”

 

When Roseanne came out from the shower, she was drying her hair with the towel. It was a simple act, but it was a mesmerizing sight for Jennie.

 

“Go take your shower, I’m going to sleep.”

 

“Huh? Ah yeah.” Jennie got up from the couch and went to her room.

 

After she finished her own shower, Jennie went out to check on Roseanne, who was deep in thought.

 

“What are you thinking about?” Jennie asks, back hugging the taller girl.

 

“I’m thinking of what I would do if you weren’t in my life.” Roseanne answers honestly.

 

“Hmm in that case, wouldn’t you find someone who’s taller, skinnier, prettier, gentler, smarter, and more considerate than me?”

 

“That’s true.” Roseanne says to tease the girl, “What’s wrong?” She asks, noticing how quiet Jennie has gotten.

 

“You heartless .” Jennie lightly head butts the blonde, “I’ll follow you forever, even if I die.” Jennie says, clutching onto Roseanne tighter.

 

“Oh hey, where are you going?” Jennie says wrapping her legs tightly around the blonde, when she suddenly got up.

 

“To brush my teeth.”

 

“Ah don’t use that one, it’s mine.” Jennie says, still on Roseanne’s back.

 

“Heartless s don’t get to brush.” Jennie takes over, brushing Roseanne’s teeth ruthlessly.

 

“Let me go, you might injure me internally.”

 

“Hmmph.” Jennie hops off, and rushes to her room.

 

“What now?” She huffs when Roseanne follows after her with a towel in hand.

 

“Let’s wipe your face.”

 

“No.” Jennie hides under the covers.

 

“C’mon get up.” Roseanne pulls the stubborn girl up and wipes her face, “There you can sleep now.”

 

“You almost rubbed my face off. Even if you want to find a new girl, you don’t have to disfigure me.”

 

“Goodnight.” Roseanne says, getting out of Jennie’s room.

 

The two tossed and turned unable to sleep when Roseanne heard a crash coming from Jennie’s room, quickly she ran to Jennie, “Are you okay?”

 

“Mhm it’s my upstairs neighbor, they have a cat and she tends to knock things over. I’m used to it.”

 

“Okay.” Roseanne nods, visibly relaxing.

 

“What time is it?”

 

“2 am.”

 

“I can’t sleep.” Jennie pouts and Roseanne sits at the edge of her bed, patting her head affectionately, “Go lay down and sleep. I’ll stay until you fall asleep.”

 

“Okay.” Jennie nods, laying down, the blonde raises a brown when Jennie slides over to the other side of the bed. Getting the silent message, Roseanne gets into bed next to Jennie. Laying next to each other, Jennie lays herself on top of Roseanne, “Rosie.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Did you really want to propose to me today or was it because I got mad at you.”

 

“I wanted to propose.”

 

“Rosie.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Are you really going to find another girl who’s taller, skinnier, prettier, gentler, smarter, and more considerate than me?”

 

“The world isn’t as small as your bathroom, the fact that I found you is already an incredible feat.”

 

“My bathroom isn’t small okay.” Jennie replies with blushing cheeks.

 

“Okay, now go to sleep.”

 

“Rosie?”

 

“What now?”

“I want to brush my teeth.I forgot to do it earlier.”

 

“Just go to sleep.”

 

“It’s okay, it’s not the first time you’ve forgotten to brush your teeth.”

 

“But I didn’t forget tonight.”

 

“Then why do you always forget I love you with all my heart? I love you so much. So even if there are plenty out there who are taller, skinnier, prettier, gentler, smarter, and more considerate than you, it doesn’t matter to me at all.”

 

Smiling Jennie moves away from Roseanne and says, “There’s no girl who is taller, skinnier, prettier, gentler, smarter, and more considerate than me. None.” She says cutely and Roseanne nods, kissing Jennie on her forehead, “Now let’s sleep. If you keep talking I won’t hold myself back anymore.”

 

“Nobody asked you to.”

 

“You better not regret those words.”

 

“Who’ll regret what?” Jennie challenges and within a fraction of a second later Roseanne’s lips were on hers.

 

~

 

As Jennie lay asleep, Roseanne couldn’t help but watch the girl. Jennie Kim…the girl who followed her everywhere, boldly declaring her feelings, the girl who Roseanne never thought she would fall so hard for.

 

It started in high school. Roseanne smiles, thinking back on their high school days, She never seemed to understand what I said and I couldn't figure out for the life of me how she was able to run so fast when chasing me with her short legs. I often tried to walk faster to see if she would catch up to me. Little did I know she could catch up to me. Later, I began to subconsciously wait for her and observe her.

 

Then I realized, Jennie Kim is the embodiment of trouble. She always got caught up in something that I would have to clean up. I had to write my one and only self-reflection letter in high school because of her but in terms of the text, she was better at it. For me to get the class fess back I had to transcribe a report for the teacher. I had to transcribe during and after the class. I had no idea what the lessons were that day.

 

When I learned she might transfer school I couldn't sleep, worried that she might actually go. I needed to prevent her from wreaking havoc at another school. So I told Jisoo and Lisa, knowing they’ll do something to stop it. Gradually, I began to realize that she’s pretty cute. Whenever I think of her I can't help but smile. Sometimes I couldn't help but to take care of her, sometimes I couldn't help but want to . But every time I tried to do something for her, she always made me mad. But sometimes she's really unworthy of sympathy. So clumsy… Yes, I began to get jealous. When we chose class representatives, I purposely chose someone else because she was always around Doyeon..The sight of it annoyed me.

 

I didn't realize I'd fallen in love with her. I suddenly felt that I shouldn’t make her cry anymore, but I couldn’t honor my vow. We often seemed to be on different wavelengths. When we had that huge fight, I thought she was just throwing a tantrum, that she’ll get over it soon..later on, i realized I underestimated the situation.

 

Three years in Switzerland seemed to go by quickly, but only I was aware, I felt like I was wearing wet socks everyday, I was very uncomfortable. I found it hard to breathe. So I had to get her back. It didn't matter who she was with. I know I'm very selfish, but she is so wonderful. Not only does she accept my aloofness, eccentricity, and antisocial behavior, she even enjoys it. Such an existence is either a video game character custom made for me, or she is insane. And I..i'm really lucky to have this insane girl once again.

 

With a soft smile on her face, Roseanne carefully whispered, “Jennie I’m so grateful to have you back, to regain what we once had. I love you.” Kissing the girl gently on her forehead, Roseanne cuddled Jennie, holding her tightly.

 

It was a journey getting to where they are now, but if you had to ask either of them if they’ll go through it again, the answer would be a resounding yes for as long as they find their way back to each other. A love so beautiful is rare, so if you found it, cherish it.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

a/n: here’s the final part of this remake. I kinda rushed this..but still I hope you all enjoy it.

 

Let me know what you think or if there’s a prompt you’d like me to write about.

 

Till next time,

 

Bye bye