Gone -Postlude- (3)

Chaennie Collections vol 2.

-6 months Post Breakup-

 

Rosie’s POV

 

“So how are you liking Sydney?”

 

“It’s fine...not that much different from Melbourne.” I reply, holding the phone between my ear and shoulder as I place some documents into my purse.

 

“That’s good, you know we all miss you at the firm. I think dad’s regretting letting you go over there to handle this case.” Alice, my sister, chuckles over the line.

 

“I’m surprised he’s the one not taking it well...I thought it would be mum.” I laugh along with Alice.

 

“Right?! He’s acting like you moved to another country and not another state.”

 

“It’s only a few months, I’m sure dad will be...oh I’m so sorry, are you okay?” I apologize, running into a woman outside the courthouse causing her to drop all her things on the ground, “I’m fine. My fault for not paying attention.” She giggles lightly while bending down.

 

“Aly, I’ll call you back.” I ended the phone call with my sister, to help the woman out.

 

“It’s my fault too for being distracted.” I grab some of the papers before the wind can blow them away, “Here.” I hand them to her.

 

“Thanks uh..”

 

“Oh Roseanne Park.” I put my hand out, which she shakes, “Suzy Bae.”

 

“Nice to meet you.”

 

“You too Roseanne.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Jennie’s POV

 

“I don’t know why you’re making such a big issue about this? I told you that I might be late didn’t I? So now why are you the one upset with me??”

 

“Lisa I literally sat at that restaurant for 4 hours waiting for you...do you know how many times the staff there kept looking at me with sorry eyes?! God everyone thought I got stood up! And I don’t mind waiting, but the issue is you said you’d be late, but that’s it. You didn’t tell me how much longer you’d be at the dance studio so I figured you’d just be an hour late like you always are. Like did it not occur to you to quickly text or call??? What the hell was so important that you forgot our plans tonight?” I ask my blood boiling.

 

“Like I usually am? What do you mean by that? I’m not always late Jennie. It was a few times and I explained things to you, so don’t make it seem like I’m some irresponsible girlfriend.” She fights back.

 

“That’s not what I’m saying.” I sigh, feeling defeated...it’s been like this for the past 2 weeks. The honeymoon phase quickly died down after the first week...and now 3 months in we’re practically almost always about to chew each other’s heads off. Goodness were relationships always this...toxic? Because even though Rosie and I fought, it was never this constant.

 

“Then what are you saying Jen? I’m so tired of this back and forth with you.” Lisa slumps down on the couch.

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

-9 months Post Breakup-

 

Rosie’s POV

 

“Merry Christmas babe!” Suzy wakes me by peppering kisses over my face.

 

“Merry christmas Hon.” I giggle, trapping her in my arms, “You ready to meet everyone?” I ask.

 

“Absolutely not...it’s only been a month and we’re already at the “meet the family” stage? Don’t you think we’re rushing it?” She asks in a teasing tone.

 

“Right, like you haven’t met my family before.” I roll my eyes at her.

 

“It was your sister and that was different...she literally destroyed me in the courtroom. I didn’t know you were part of that Park family.” Suzy playfully pinches my side.

 

“I don’t know what you mean...but we better get ready. Mum hates it when everyone doesn’t spend Christmas together from morning to night.”

 

“Alright..but just let me have you to myself for 5 more minutes.” Suzy looks at me with those doe eyes of hers and I practically melt at the sight.

 

“Five minutes.” I say with a smile.

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Merry Christmas!” I yell into the house, letting my voice echo.

 

“There you two are! Mum was about to go fetch you two herself Rosie.” Alice smiles at me and Suzy, “Oh and Merry christmas!” She hugs us both.

 

“Sorry we lost track of time.” I sheepishly replied.

 

“Right.” Alice gave as a knowing smirk, raising her eyebrows up and down teasingly.

 

“Let’s just go have brekkie Aly. Stop with the looks.” I roll my eyes at my sister, grabbing Suzy’s hand leading us to the dining table that has more food than space to eat on.

 

“This is breakfast?” Suzy whispers.

 

“Yeah...mum loves Christmas, but don’t worry this is for everyone in the house since the staff and their families stay on our property.”

 

“Our property. How nonchalant.” Suzy teases me.

 

“Rosie dear there you are.” My mum comes out from the kitchen holding a platter of pancakes, “Come help me grab the rest.” She smiles before turning her attention to Suzy, “Oh and who might this beautiful young woman be?”
 

“Mum this is Suzy, my girlfriend. Suzy, this is my mum Claire.”

 

“Hello Mrs. Park it’s so nice to finally meet you.”

 

“Oh so you’re the lawyer my youngest has been gushing about.” Mum hands me the platter in her hands and sweeps Suzy away, “Rosie set that on the table for me, before grabbing the rest. Let me steal your beautiful girl for a moment.”

 

“Uh what just happened?” I suddenly found myself alone.

 

~ ~ ~

 

“You know this is your first christmas.” Alice comes from behind me. It was way past midnight and everyone was asleep, except for me and Alice..it’s a little Christmas tradition we have for us to stay up and talk after everyone’s gone to bed.

 

“What?” I look at her confused.

 

“It’s the first holiday without Jen here.” Alice clarifies.

 

“That’s right.” I reply, suddenly realizing this fact, “It’ll be the first Christmas without her here.”

 

“It’s a little weird.” Alice takes a sip of the hot chocolate she had made for us.

 

“Is it?”

 

“Well yeah..we were all waiting for either of you to pop the question.”

 

“Really?” I was surprised, because after our breakup...after thinking about our time together..it became clear to me that I had always loved Jennie more than she did me. For Alice to even mention her asking me that question really caught me off guard, “I mean if it was me yeah..but Jen?”

 

“Chaeyoung.” Alice’s voice was serious.

 

“Hmm?” I place the empty mug down on the coffee table in front of us.

 

“Why did you really end things with her?”

 

“I already told you this...she needs someone who’s love can make her happy.”

 

“And you really really didn’t think that was you?”

 

“Yes.” I answer with zero hesitation.

 

“Why?”

 

“It wasn’t easy to let go of her Aly...but I knew that who I was then was not the person she needed. Yes, I loved her, so so much that it broke me when I ended things with her. But you know, now that I’m here. Now that I’ve had the chance to evaluate my relationship with Jennie and move on did I figure something out.”

 

“What’s that?”

 

“I’m not sure if I was in-love with her or the idea of her.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Jennie’s POV

 

“What’s wrong?” Jisoo asks as we settle in my room. Christmas dinner with our families is over and all the presents unwrapped, but I’ve just been feeling like something wasn’t right...like there was something missing.

 

“Nothing...I just..feel different.”

 

“Different?”

 

“Yeah...like I’m missing something.”

 

“Well your girlfriend did have to fly to Thailand to visit her family..so is that it? I mean you could have gone with Lisa y’know.”

“I guess…” I sigh, laying on my bed, closing my eyes, trying to pinpoint why I’m not feeling the holiday spirit this year.

 

“Yeah, I mean you always spent your Christmases with Rosie and her family. So why didn’t you do the same with Lisa?”

 

“Oh.” I got up, realizing what it is that made me feel so different this year.

 

“Oh?”

 

“I just..” I chuckle lightly, “I just realized why it felt different this year.”

 

“You just now realized it?”

 

“I guess with everything that’s happened it’s only now dawned on me that the holidays, birthdays..all that will be different.”

 

“Well yeah Jen that’s what happens when people break-up and move on.” Jisoo deadpans.

 

“Yeah..true..”

 

“Okay what’s up with you.” Jisoo scoots closer to me on the bed, “Why are you suddenly all melodramatic over here?”

 

“It’s just weird I guess...I’m so used to being with Rosie on these kinds of days that not being with her is making me a bit reminiscent.”

 

“Hmm.” Jisoo nods.

 

“Yeah and with everything that’s happening with Lisa..I don’t know..”

 

“Are you guys still constantly bickering? Is that why you didn’t go with her to Thailand?” She frowns.

 

“Yeah.” I nod, feeling the tears coming.

 

“Jennie…come here.” Jisoo wraps her arms around me, and I couldn’t stop my tears.

 

“Everything before we were together was so good, we hung out, had fun...and it was fine in the beginning but now it’s like we’re constantly fighting and I just...I don’t know what to do anymore. So we decided to spend the holidays apart.” I cried, holding onto Jisoo tighter.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

-11 months Post Breakup-

 

Rosie’s POV

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSIE POOP!” Lisa jumps on me while we’re all out celebrating my birthday.

 

“Thank you now please get off me.” I chuckle, “Oh where’s Jen? Thought she might be coming with you.”

 

“She wasn’t feeling good tonight..so she decided to stay home. She sends her greetings though.”

 

“Well tell her thank you. C’mon let’s go to the others.” I lead Lisa to our booth, where I can formally introduce Suzy to her.

 

“Oh is that?” Lisa nudges me on my side as we get closer.

 

“Yes..now please don’t embarrass me in front of my girlfriend.”

 

“No promises.” Lisa excitedly says dragging me back even faster.

 

“Hi! I’m Lisa..Rosie’s best friend and you must be Suzy. I have heard so much about you.” Lisa extends a hand out which Suzy takes, “Same here.” Suzy chuckles.

 

“Ayo Lalisa is finally here! Wait where’s the Nini to our Lili?” Dahyun asks.

 

“She’s not feeling too good, so she decided to stay home.”

 

“Ohhh..” My friends nod and I felt their eyes go on me for a second before Joy changed the subject.

 

“Okay well one of the J. Kims is missing but Chu just arrived, I’ll go grab her.”

 

“Ayy 1 for 2!”

 

“Alright babe, before these guys get too excited let me go get your cake.” Suzy smiles.

 

“Let me help you.”

 

“Nope. It’s your birthday. I got this.” Suzy winks at me before walking off into the crowd.

 

“Alright so??” I turn to my friends who all give me a thumbs up of approval.

 

“We like her.” They all say, and I sighed in relief.

 

“Good cause I really like her too.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Jennie’s POV

 

“How was Rosie’s birthday last night ?” I ask while Lisa was driving me home from my shoot.

 

“Great! You should have come with, all our friends were there. And she asked about you too.” Lisa says.

 

“She did?”

 

“Mhm, you know you don’t have to totally avoid each other..I mean we’re dating and she’s finally moved back here to Melbourne.”

 

“Moved back?” I frowned, I didn’t know she left.

 

“Yeah, I thought Irene had told you right when she left because I heard her mention Rosie before I came when I first asked you out.”

 

“No..she didn’t say anything.” I shake my head,

 

“Oh well yeah, so she was in Sydney for a few months, came back for a bit, left again for Sydney. But she should be back here next month for good and her girlfriend is moving here too!” Lisa excitedly says, “You should meet her Jen. She’s really cool and super down to earth. She’s also a lawyer like Rosie. Goodness they are so cute!” Lisa gushes and I stay quiet.

 

“Is something wrong?” Lisa asks, noticing my silence.

 

“Nothing.”

 

“I can tell there’s something. What’s up?”

 

“It’s nothing. I’m just tired.”

 

“Jennie.”

 

“Lisa, please. Can you not force me.”

 

“I haven’t even said anything.”

 

“Are we really about to fight about this?”

 

“You’re the one that’s starting it. I just want to know why you’re so quiet all of a sudden?”

 

“I told you it’s nothing.”

 

“And I know you’re lying. Why can’t you just tell me?”

 

“I’m not lying...it’s really nothing. I really am just tired. Why can't you leave it at that?”

 

“Because I want to help you figure out whatever your issue is.”

 

“I’m just tired.” I say with finality, the atmosphere around us tense and heavy, as usual.

 

~ ~

 

“We’re here.” Lisa says, her voice monotone.

 

“Can we talk.” I say, staying in the car.

 

“Look Jen..I don’t want to fight tonight anymore.” She sighs.

 

“You know we only ever fight.” I begin, “These past 8 months Lili we’ve spent more time fighting with each other than before.”

 

Lisa stays quiet, because she knows I’m right.

 

“And I..I can’t do it anymore.”

 

“What?”

 

“Lili….we need to end this.”

 

“You can’t be serious Jen.”

 

“I know you’ve realized it too..just how incompatible we are as lovers.”

 

“Yes,” Lisa admits, “But I promised Rosie I would take care of you that I would make you happy.”

 

“We were happy...as friends and you didn’t break your promise to her Lisa. If that’s why you haven’t even brought this up then I don’t know whether to slap you or find you more endearing.” We both chuckle at this.

 

“Jennie I...you’re right….we’re better off as friends. I think that what we had before just had us too caught up in it.” Lisa smiles.

 

“Yeah...I think so too.” I look down at my hands.

 

A comfortable silence drapes over the two of us.

 

“Okay well...I’ll be going now. See you around Lili.” I smile, opening the car door.

 

“You still care for her don’t you.” Lisa says as I made my way out of her car, completely making me freeze for a moment.

 

Do I still care for her?

 

“You can tell me honestly, it won’t hurt.” She laughs.

 

“Goodnight Lili.” I ignore her, getting out of the car and closing the door before she can stop me.

 

“Jennie!” Lisa rolls down the passenger window, “Friends?”

 

“Friends.” I wave her goodbye.

 

Jisoo was right….everything that glitters isn’t gold…

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

A/n: We’ve reached the end of the 1 year post-breakup time frame..the next update will be set in the “current” timeline.

 

Let me know what you think.

 

Ciao