First Place (3)

Chaennie Collections vol 2.

-3rd Person POV-

 

It was a long day for Roseanne. Meetings with investors, local artists, visiting some of the cafes. Things were hectic, but the blonde was thankful to be busy, because being busy meant not having to think about the upcoming wedding.

 

“You’re late.”

 

“What are you doing here?” Roseanne sighs, eyeing Lisa questioningly.

 

“I just wanted to give you one last push.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Rosie...her wedding is in a week.”

“I know.”

 

“Then why are you just..”

 

“Lisa.” Roseanne interrupts, “Please...I’m tired, it’s been a long day. There’s no point in me telling Jen about how I feel about her. It’ll just hurt her...to know. I’d rather stay in our little bubble.”

 

“But what if she does?” Lisa looks at Roseanne like she knows something the blonde doesn’t.

 

“If she did..then don’t you think I would have realized it? I don’t think I’m as oblivious as Jen.”

 

“So you’re just going to stop then?”

 

“I’ve already let her go a long time ago.”

 

“Oh bull. We both know you haven’t, because if you did..you wouldn’t look so broken still. Just tell her Rosie even if….”

 

“I ALREADY SAID NO.” Roseanne shouts, tired of everything.

 

“Fine.” Lisa shakes her head, “I’ll drop it...but just one week Rosie..that’s all you have before you lose your chance for good.”

 

“I know.” Roseanne says in a small voice, “I know.”

 

~ ~ ~

 

“How’d it go?” Jisoo asks as soon as Lisa enters their condo.

 

“She’s made up her mind.” Lisa sighs, plopping onto the couch next to her girlfriend, laying her head on Jisoo’s lap.

 

“Well then, there’s nothing else we can do.”

 

“But if Je..”

 

“She was drunk.” Jisoo interrupts, “She didn’t even remember anything she told me the next day.”

 

“Yeah..but drunk words speak sober truths.”

 

“Yes, but it was also years ago...before she met Rene.”

 

“I just don’t want Rosie to be hurting anymore.”

 

“Don’t worry..she’ll be okay one day..Rosie is strong.”

~ ~ ~ ~

 

-Rosie’s POV-

 

“It’s finally tomorrow.” I whisper, watching as the sun begins to set over the horizon, “Tomorrow.”

 

“Yep.” I hear her voice, “Hi.”

 

“What are you doing here?” I ask, not paying her any attention.

 

“I don’t know...I just thought you might be here.”

 

“Looking for me Ms. Kim?”

 

“Not really.” She answers, and I finally turn my attention to her.

 

“Nervous?”

 

“Very.” She says, twiddling with her ring.

 

“Hmm..I think I know how I can fix that, come.”

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Why are we here?” She asks, realizing that I took her to the venue.

 

“Just wait here.” I smile, running down the altar.

 

“Rosie what are you doing?” She yells.

 

“Marrying you!” I yell back with a wide smile. Does this count as a confession?

 

“WHAT?!” She looks at me with wide eyes.

 

“Just come to me Jen.”

 

“Okay.” She nods and begins to walk slowly, her hands clasped together like she’s holding an imaginary bouquet. And I know it’s not real, I know it’s just pretend..but at least I’ll know what it feels like, to be the one waiting for her at the altar..to be the one she chose. Even if it’s just in this one moment.

 

“Hi.” I take her hand in mine, and we face each other, “You look wow.” I look at her up and down.

 

“Rosie, I'm literally in..”

 

“Shh..still in character.” I shush her, wanting to make this last just a bit longer, “So...Miss Kim, do you take me, Roseanne Park, to be with you in sickness and in health till death do you part?”

 

“What about the vows?”

 

“That’s something that only Irene should hear.”

 

“Ah..right.”

 

“So do you?”

 

“Do I what?”

 

“Take me..till death do us part?”

 

“I do.” Jennie says softly.

 

“See, it’s easy right? Nothing to be nervous about.” I end our little pretend ceremony, “Now c’mon, let’s get you home..don’t want you having dark circles for tomorrow.” I begin to walk away, but Jennie grabs my hand, “How about you?” She asks, standing in front of me again.

 

“What about me?”

 

“Do you take me till death do us part?”

 

“Silly of course I do.” I reply, trying to calm the rapid beating of my heart, “Now let’s get you home.”

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Lisa, her wedding is literally in a few minutes...what else do you want me to do? I’ve always just been a friend to Jennie..a companion..nothing more.” I whisper yell.

 

“I just wanted to make sure Rosie.” Lisa says.

 

“So you ready?” Jisoo comes up to Lisa and I.

 

“Duh babe, look at me. I look amazing.” Lisa switches moods as she wraps an arm around Jisoo’s waist, and I can’t help but feel a twinge of jealousy at that.

 

“I wasn’t talking to you.” Jisoo says, her eyes on me.

 

“It is what it is, Chu.” I shrug, “C’mon, wouldn’t want her bridal party to be late.”

 

“I told you to just tell her.” Now it was Jisoo.

 

“It’s fine. I’d rather be her friend than nothing at all.”

“Jeez...I don’t know why you had to fall for her, of all people.”

 

“The heart wants what it wants.”

 

“Just let her go babe...once a masochist..always a mas..ow YAH! That hurt!!” Lisa whines after I land a solid smack upside her head.

 

“Stop being stupid Lisa...it’s Jennie’s day. Let’s go.” I turn away from the two, making my way inside the venue.

 

~

 

“Chaeyoung dear we’ll be over there okay.” I run into my family as soon as I step inside the venue.

 

“Okay...I’ll meet you guys during the reception.” I nod, “I gotta go see Jen.”

 

“Sure sure. Go on.”

 

I turn to walk the opposite way, when a hand grabs me, stopping me from taking another step, “I’m fine Aly. I’ve accepted defeat.” I shrug her hand away walking towards where Jennie is waiting.

 

When the double doors open and I finally see Jennie in her dress a sense of deja vu hits me.

 

“Rosie.” She calls me with a smile, not her wide gummy smile..no..she looks at me with my favorite smile of hers..the toothless one where one eye closes just a bit more than the other..it’s that smile, her softest, most genuine smile..the smile that shows her happiness in its purest form.

 

“Hi Jen.” I try to give her a smile that would rival hers, but nothing would ever outshine the smile she has on her face at this moment, “You look beautiful.”

 

“Rosie, you’ve already seen me in this dress.” She chuckles.

 

“I know, but seeing you now..it really is the best choice.” I looked at her as if I was scrutinizing her outfit.

 

“Finally! I told you.” She sticks her tongue out at me playfully.

 

“Yeah..you told me.” My voice almost comes out in a whisper.

 

~ ~ ~

 

-1 year later: 3rd Person POV-

 

It was close to midnight but the consistent thunk, thunk, thunk, on the bedroom window stirred Jennie up from bed.

“What the?” She walks over, squinting her eyes trying to see who’s waking her so late at night.

 

“Psst! Pssttt! Jen! Pssssstttt!” Jennie recognizes Roseanne’s not so quiet whispers.

 

“Yah Roseanne Park are you crazy? Do you have any idea what time it is?” Jennie yells from the second floor.

 

“I brought Boba?” Roseanne lifts a plastic bag, and even though it was dark Jennie knew Roseanne had a wide smile on her face.

 

“I’ll be down in 5.”

 

~

 

“Where are we going?” Jennie asks in between sips as Roseanne begins to drive further away from the city.

 

“I just thought you might want to get some air. You’ve been looking a little down lately.”

 

“Sorry..I..”

 

“Don’t apologize. It’s okay to be sad sometimes, it’s normal.” Roseanne interrupts, “I just don’t want you to keep it all to yourself all the time. I’m your best friend Jen, you can lean on me too.”

 

“I know Rosie.” Jennie smiles, “Thanks for this.”

 

“Hmm..anything for you.” Roseanne briefly glances over at Jennie.

 

A comfortable silence drapes over the two, Roseanne focuses on driving while Jennie keeps her eyes on the empty streets of Seoul. Sometimes her gaze would linger on her blonde best friend. Roseanne has always been there for Jennie, no matter what. Even though Jennie knows how Roseanne feels about her.

 

-Jennie’s POV-

 

How is it that someone can know me even better than I know myself? Sometimes I wonder if things would be different if I just told Rosie that I know. I admit, before Irene I did have a tiny crush on Rosie, but it didn’t turn into anything more because that’s when I met my wife..and I just found my heart choosing her.

 

-Flashback - the night before the wedding-

 

“What about me?”

 

“Do you take me till death do us part?” I don’t know why I stopped her, I don’t know why I asked that..Rosie’s just trying to help me get over my nerves, but I wanted her answer nonetheless.

 

“Silly of course I do.” Rosie replied, “Now let’s get you home.” And I let her lead me back to the car, feeling a weird sense of peace at her answer.

 

The drive back home was quiet, the only sound coming from the playlist I made for our little late night adventures playing softly in the background.

 

“Go to sleep Jen.” Rosie suddenly speaks up, “I’ll wake you when we get there.”

 

“I’m not sleepy.” I lie, but my yawn gives me away, “Okay..maybe a bit.”

 

~

 

“She’s really out like a light Rosie.” I heard my mom’s voice.

 

“Yeah..but it’s okay Auntie..you know I’m used to carrying her up.” Rosie answers, realizing that I’m currently being carried in by Rosie.

 

“That I do.” My mom chuckles lightly, “Why don’t you stay the night? It’s already late.”

 

“I would, but I have some things to finish before bed.”

 

“Roseanne..you need to rest, no more work.” My mom says sternly.

 

“It won’t take long. Just a meeting with some overseas investors..the time difference didn’t work in my favor.” Rosie laughs.

 

“Alright then.” My mom relents.

 

“Thank you for the offer though Auntie.” Rosie thanks my mom and soon I feel myself being laid down on my bed.

 

“There we are, nice and comfy.” Rosie says, tucking me in my covers and I was expecting her to leave, but I can still feel her presence.

 

I wanted to and tell her to take a picture because it’ll last longer, but before I could get a word out, she speaks up, “It’s really tomorrow...well I guess later.” I feel Rosie sit on the edge of my bed, “Look at us, years later...we’re still the same.” Her voice sounded so broken. I wanted to comfort her, but I know that if she knows I’m awake she won’t say anything.

 

“Maybe if I had told you, things would have been different..things would have changed. But I was too scared to lose you, but I guess keeping my mouth shut led me to losing you right? Maybe in another lifetime, under another sky, maybe then I won’t be so scared..maybe I’ll tell you everything I haven’t.” Rosie confesses, placing a lingering kiss on my forehead, “Sleep well Love...Goodnight.”

 

Only when I heard my door shut, did I open my eyes. I tried not to cry, but I couldn’t help it. I felt guilty, I felt sorry. I didn’t know I was hurting her...I didn’t know...but I also don’t want to lose my best friend so I decided that Rosie can’t know that I know, because I don’t know what she’ll do or what’ll happen to us if she does.

 

~ ~

 

-3rd Person POV-

 

“Jen? Jennie.” Roseanne pulls Jennie out of her train of thoughts.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“You zoned out on me, we’re here.”

 

“Uh where’s ‘here’ exactly?”

 

“Just come on!” Roseanne got out and quickly went to Jennie’s side.

 

“Rosie, where are we?” Jennie asks while Roseanne blindfolds her.

 

“Just trust me.” Roseanne says, taking Jennie’s hand in hers and leading her inside.

 

“Okay...you can take off your blindfold now.”

 

“Rosie...you did not.” Jennie looks over at Roseanne who shrugs her shoulders, turning her back to Jennie, going down a few steps in the planetarium’s auditorium.

 

“You said you always wanted to have a picnic under the stars...but we can’t get out of the city far enough to do that..so I pulled some strings.”

 

“You!” Jennie catches up to Roseanne, lightly punching her arm.

 

“Ah..hey is that how you treat your best friend?” Roseanne whines.

 

“Let’s just eat.” Jennie ignores the whining, sitting on the blanket, popping one of the dumplings into .

 

“You’re welcome by the way.” Roseanne teases as she sits with Jennie.

 

“Whatever..” Jennie ignores the blonde’s tone, her eyes on the scene above her.

 

“It’s really beautiful.”

 

“Yeah…” Roseanne peels her eyes away from Jennie, looking at the stars with her, “It really is...Happy birthday.” Roseanne whispers, and she feels Jennie’s eyes on her.

 

“It’s midnight.” The blonde answers, finally looking at her best friend, “Happy dirty thirty Jen.”

 

“You just had to ruin it.” Jennie pushes the blonde, “and excuse you I’m only 27!”

 

“I rounded.” Roseanne cheekily replies, trying to savor every moment she can with Jennie, before returning her back to where she belongs.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

A/n: I wasn’t intending for this to be too long, so probably 5 parts max, but let’s see...Memories was supposed to be a short one too lol.

 

Let me know what you think :)

 

Till next time

 

Byebye~~