Swings & Sunsets (2)

Chaennie Collections vol 2.

-Rosie-

 

“Where the hell were you?” Alice hisses as I walk into our house.

 

“Just somewhere.” I shrug, heading towards the family room where I know my parents would be.

 

“Rosie.” Alice uses her ‘older sister’ tone on me.

 

“It’s been a long day Aly...let me just go calm mum and dad down.” I smile at her and she relents.

 

“Alright...you’re home safe so that’s all that matters.”

 

“Hmm.” I nod, sending everyone a quick text.

“Roseanne!” My parents immediately got up and hugged me tightly, “We were so worried, you just disappeared!”

 

“I’m sorry...I just needed some space.” I apologized, my eyes on the floor.

 

“Chaeyoung.” My mother calls me by my Korean name, something she does when she wants a heart to heart.

 

“Hmm?” I hum, lifting my head to look her in the eye, only to avoid her gaze a second later, “It’s okay mum..I’ll be fine. It’ll be fine.” I force a smile, “Uhm..may I be excused? I’m sleepy.”

 

“Sure princess.” My dad gives me a soft smile, but I can see just how much this news is affecting them too.

 

“Thanks...goodnight.” I hug my parents and Aly, heading into my room to think about everything that’s happened.

-Jennie’s POV-

 

I arrived at the park and was surprised to not see her there. I knew she was being off last night.

 

“Meh, at least I don’t have to fight for my spot tonight.” I smiled, making myself comfortable, but something was off.

 

“Hey you’re in my spot.” I suddenly hear from behind me.

 

“Uhm excuse you, this is my spot.” I laugh, and she takes the swing next to me, “I thought you weren’t coming tonight.” I take a quick glance at the girl next to me.

 

“I wasn’t, but I thought you might miss me...guess I was right.” She smiles but this time it doesn’t reach her eyes like it usually does.

 

“And that’s where you're wrong. I was actually enjoying my peace, but then you showed up.” I playfully rolled my eyes at her.

 

“Right okay. Just admit it Jennie.” She looks over at me.

 

“Admit what? You know we barely even know each other.”

 

“Hmm that’s true..”

 

“What are you planning?”

 

“I’m not planning anything.”

 

“Rosie.” I look at her sternly, “What?” I raise a brow, she’s looking at me all smiley with glowing eyes, “What is it? Why are you looking at me like that?”

 

“You called me Rosie.” She says with a bright smile.

 

“Well that’s your name isn’t it?”

 

“Mhm.” She nods like a child who’s had one too many gummy worms.

 

“So...why are you acting like it’s crazy for me to call you that?”

 

“It’s just nice.” She looks over at me, “Hearing my name.”

 

“Ookayy..” I look at the girl next to me, studying her, wondering how she can have the brightest smile in one moment and the saddest eyes the next.

--1 month later--

-Rosie-

 

I shake my head, ignoring Jennie’s phone call, which I know she’ll make a fuss about.

 

“Stubborn one aren’t you.” I shake my head, putting my phone away.

 

“Rosie, I didn’t know you were admitted.”

 

“Hello Jackie, how are you?” I smile at the taller woman, sitting up on my bed.

 

“I’m doing good Rosie...but what about you? Did you strain yourself again?” Jackie looks at me knowingly, while checking on my vitals.

 

“I didn’t.” I put my hands up in mock surrender.

 

“Right..I’ll pretend to believe that.” Jackie shakes her head, telling me not to touch my IV, to take my meds, the usual.

 

“And no sneaking out anymore got it?”

 

“When did I ever?” I looked at Jackie appalled.

 

“Rosie. If you get caught sneaking out you know your dad’s going to extend your admittance, which means you’ll miss the first day of classes.”

 

“Fine.” I huff, crossing my arms over my chest.

 

“Are you sure you’re 22?”

 

“Sometimes I wonder how I made it this far too.” I try to say teasingly.

 

“Rosie.” Jackie looks at me with the same look everyone else does.

 

“It’s fine. At least I have a choice now.” I smile.

 

“Alright kiddo..I won’t say anything more. Just try to stay put here this afternoon okay?”

 

“Yes ma’am.” I salute and Jackie shakes her head at me.

“I. am. so. bored.” I huff, but then an idea came into my head.

 

Jackie never said I couldn’t leave my room.

 

“Left side..clear..right side..clear.” I check both sides, making sure Jackie isn’t anywhere in sight, “Okay coast is...ah hot hot.” Someone rams into me, spilling their coffee all over my gown.

 

“Omg I’m so sorry I didn’t see you.” A short haired girl apologized.

 

“It’s fine..” I shake my head, “No ha..”

 

“Blood...blood.” The girl interrupts me and points to my arm.

 

“Ah it’s just my IV, it got pulled out. It’s fine.”

 

“It’s not fine. You are literally bleeding out.” She panicked and it made me laugh.

 

“I’m fine. I’ll just have to get a new one put in. It’s not my first rodeo.”

 

“Still..I..”

 

“Rosie?” I hear Jackie’s voice behind me.

 

“Hey..” I give her a guilty smile, while she looks at my arm, the IV on the floor, and the girl behind me.

 

“C’mon let’s get you back in your room so I can get another one in.”

 

“I’m so sorry.” The girl speaks up again.

 

“It’s fine..I’m sure this one here tried to sneak off again.” Jackie looks at me.

 

“I wasn’t! I just wanted to go to the rooftop.”

 

“It’s really my fault. I ran into her and spilled my coffee.” The girl followed Jackie and me inside my room.

 

“Look miss..uh..”

 

“Lisa..my name’s Lalisa Manoban, but just call me Lisa.”

 

“Lisa it is then, look there’s really no harm done.”

 

“But I feel so guilty...looks she’s sticking anoth..blood..ooohhh.” Lisa turns her head away when she sees the flash of blood, and I couldn’t help chuckling, “I hope you don’t dream of being a surgeon.” I .

 

“Look at you teasing me and I don’t even know your name yet.”

 

“Ah it’s Roseanne..Roseanne Park, but you can call me Rosie.”

 

“Nice to meet you Rosie.” Lisa smiles.

 

“Same.”

 

“Alright kiddo..there we go. Now don’t go pulling or ripping this one out or else your..”

 

“Yes Jackie I got it.”

 

“Well, I gotta go. I’ll see you tomorrow Rosie.”

 

“Okay, bye Jackie!”

 

“So Lisa, where were you heading? The hospital’s visiting hours are done.”

 

“Ah, I was just visiting my Dad, he’s a surgeon here.”

 

“I see.”

 

“How about you?” Lisa asks, before shaking her head, “I’m sorry..I shouldn’t have..I..uh..”

 

“Lisa.” I stop the girl from her blabbering.

 

“It’s..just from stress.”

 

“Ah..okay..well I gotta go.”

 

“And I have to change.”

 

“Right..” Lisa nods, getting up.

 

“See you around then!” I smile at her.

 

“Yeah..uhm actually..can I give you my number?” Lisa asks.

 

“Huh?”

 

“You know, so you can text me if you're ever bored here.”

 

“Alright.” I laugh, handing Lisa my phone.

 

“Sweet...make sure you text me okay?” Lisa gives me a wide smile, before leaving my room.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

A/n: So…Chaelisa anyone?

 

Let me know what you think…

 

Till next time

 

Bye~

 

Oh btw anyone here play val?