Swings & Sunsets (3)

Chaennie Collections vol 2.

-Rosie-

 

“You’re late.” Jennie squints her eyes at me, arms crossed across her chest.

 

“Sorry, I slept in.”

 

“Right okay. C’mon.” Jennie turns on her heels, walking faster than I had expected her too.

 

“Hey, hey wait up.” I grab her by the arm, stopping her from practically running ahead.

 

“What?” She glares and I feel a shiver go down my back.

 

“Why are you being so cold to me again? I thought we’re friends.” I pout at her.

 

“I’m not mad.”

 

“Yeah you are.”

 

“Am not.”

 

“You are.”

 

“Not.”

 

“Are.”

 

“Not.”

 

“Are.”

 

“N..”

 

“Ah there you are Jendeukie!” Our childish squabble is interrupted by a girl jumping onto Jennie’s back.

 

“Get off of me Chu.” Jennie wiggles away from the other girl’s arms.

 

“Well someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.”

 

“Yeah yeah.” Jennie waves a dismissive hand.

 

“And who might you be?” The girl looks at me then at Jennie.

 

“Chu this is Rosie, Rosie this is Jisoo Kim, she’s kinda one of my best friends.”

 

“Omg you’re admitting that we’re besties..awww.” Jisoo cooes, pinching Jennie’s cheeks, “Yeah yeah.” Jennie pulls back.

 

“So how did you guys meet?” Jisoo asks me.

 

“It’s actually funny, we met at a park. I was swingin..”

 

“WAIT YOU’RE SWImmmmpphh.” Jennie was quick to cover Jisoo’s mouth.

 

“Uhhh.” Jennie looked at me then at Chu, “We met at the park. That’s all. Rosie’s new here, she just moved from Melbourne.”

 

“Ah, explain the accents.” Jisoo nods.

 

“Anyw…”

 

“There you two are! I heard that Jen got in a fig...Oh Rosie hello, hey, hi.” Lisa smiles at me.

 

“You two know each other?” Jennie looks at us.

 

“Yeah we met at the…” I quickly dragged Lisa away before she could finish her sentence.

 

-Jennie-

 

“What just happened?” I ask, while I keep my eyes on Lisa’s smiling face as Rosie drags her to God knows where.

 

“I don’t know..” Jisoo frowns, “But that explains..that.”

 

“Explains what?”

 

“Nothing, just thinking out loud.”

 

“Jisoo.” I turn to her, peeling my eyes away from the direction Rosie and Lisa went, “What do you know?”

 

“Nothing.” She squarely looks back at me and I know she isn’t lying.

 

“Okay, but what do you suspect?” I changed my question.

 

“The person who blocked Lisa’s number and the person that Lisa forgot to ask for her socials is most likely Rosie.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Twitter Jen, twitter.”

 

“Ah, that! But...are you sure?”

 

“No...I mean it’s Lisa..you know her…” Jisoo looks at me with sad eyes.

 

“Chu…”

 

“It’s whatever, I gotta get to my lecture. I’ll catch up with you guys later.” Jisoo runs off.

 

Lisa...you’re an idiot. I shake my head.

 

 

-Rosie-

I put my phone in my back pocket and focused my attention back on Lisa.

 

“Quite a grip you got there Rosie.” Lisa says, rubbing her wrist.

 

“Omg, I’m so sorry.” I checked on her wrist, and the red mark of my hand was very much visible.

 

“It’s fine, but you have to tell me why you don’t seem to want Jen to know exactly where we met.” Lisa’s friendly demeanor turned serious within a fraction of a second.

 

“Because she didn’t know I was in the hospital all weekend.”

 

“What do you mean all weekend? Why would they have you stay there all weekend just because of stress?”

 

“I just had to.”

 

Lisa sighs, “Okay..I won’t force you to tell me.”

 

“Thank you.” I smile.

 

“But..”

 

Oh boy.

 

“You have to unblock my number and promise to never block it again.” Lisa huffs and I chuckle.

 

“Fine fine, if you stop being so insufferable.”

 

“No promises.” She cheekily smiles, watching me unblock it.

 

“Cool..don’t forget it’s a promise, you can’t block me for life Rosie.”

 

“When did I say I promise?”

 

“Just now.” Lisa sticks her tongue out at me.

 

“Yeah yeah...anyways...do you happen to know where we are? Or at least how to get to the main office?” I ask, looking around and realizing I have no idea where I dragged Lisa off to.

 

“Yeah, c’mon.”

 

-Jennie-

 

“Where did you guys go?” I walk up to the two, my eyes going to their clasp hands.

 

“What are you doing here? Didn’t your class start already?” Lisa asks me with a frown on her face.

 

“Yes, but I promised someone that I would show her around.” I look at Rosie, who looks at me guiltily.

 

“It’s fine, go to class, I can handle it from here Jen.” Lisa says, her hand still holding Rosie’s.

 

“I already told Johnson I won’t be in today, so actually, I can handle it.” I grabbed Rosie’s hand and pulled her away from Lisa.

 

“Okay…” Lisa looks at me weirdly, “I’ll just catch you guys later then. Rosie, make sure you free up your break time for me okay.” Lisa winks at Rosie before running off.

 

“Is she always like that?” Rosie asks with a light chuckle.

 

“Yes.” I deadpan, walking towards the office doors.

 

“Hey wait for me..” I feel Rosie next to me, but I keep my eyes forward, “Jennie.” Rosie grabs my hand.

 

“Mrs. Ramirez is the head of admin, her office is to the right.” I say, pulling my hand away from hers.

 

“Right..okay..thanks.” I can hear the disappointment in her voice.

 

“Fine.” I sigh, and that wide smile of hers makes a comeback.

 

“Can’t resist me huh”

 

“Whatever, let’s just go before I cha..”

 

“Wait..actually can you just wait here.” Rosie says, seeming to realize something.

“HUH? After you sounded like a wounded puppy wanting me to go in with you?” I raise a brow at her.

 

“I just..uhm..it’s..just wait.” Rosie puts two hands out, heading inside the building.

 

“Again..what just happened?” I shake my head in confusion.

 

~

 

“Alright you.” I point to Lisa as soon as we settle at our usual cafe near the university, “I want the where and the how you know Rosie.”

 

“Yeah, is she the girl you were referring to on twitter?” Jisoo adds a follow-up question.

 

“Woah woah, I didn’t know I sat down to an interrogation.” Lisa raises her hands up like a caught criminal.

 

“Lisa.”

 

“Why are you so serious about this Jen? Didn’t know you’re the possessive type.” Lisa says, looking at me with a questioning stare.

 

“I just…” I didn’t have an answer, why was I suddenly so interrogative?

 

“Well?”

 

“She’s a friend.”

 

“I’m also your friend Jen.”

 

“Yeah..but Rosie’s also new in town.”

 

“Okkayy..” Lisa drawls out, “Maybe it should be us asking you how you met Rosie..when you’re not exactly one to approach strangers first without an ulterior motive and vice versa. There’s more to this..” Lisa looks at me intently then at Jisoo.

 

“Chu..you know something don’t you.” Lisa squints her eyes at Jisoo.

 

“I only know as much as you Lili…but seriously though, how did you and Rosie meet?”

 

“It’s..”

 

“Wait, you answer her, but not me?”

 

“Jennie.” Jisoo looks at me and I mumble a sorry under my breath, “Now what were you saying Lisa?”

 

“I literally ran into her, spilled my coffee over her dress, and yeah. Got to talking and all.”

 

“Alright then.” Jisoo nods.

 

“But where? Rosie says she was busy with family stuff this weekend.”

 

“Oh uh…look it’s Rosie.” Lisa points to the blonde girl heading inside.

 

“Rosie! Over here!!” Lisa enthusiastically yells out, waving her arms over her head.

 

“Hey!” Rosie smiles, taking the empty seat in between me and Lisa.

 

“Hi.” She looks specifically at me with that stupid charming smile of hers.

 

“Hmm.” I nod, confused why she’s suddenly here.

 

“I already ordered for you Rosie.” Lisa says, placing an arm around Rosie’s shoulders.

 

“But I told you it was going to be my treat.” Rosie frowns cutely and Lisa chuckles.

 

“It’s okay chipmunk, this just means you can get the next one.”

 

“Speedy aren’t you.” I mumble under my breath.

 

“What was that Jen?” Lisa asks me.

 

“Nothing.” I turn away from her slightly.

 

“Uhm..okay..soo Rosie..since these two have been stingy about you, can you tell me your story?” Jisoo asks, and I see Rosie tense up, before relaxing.

 

-Rosie-

 

“My story..” I trail off, “Well I mean there’s not much to tell.” I say with a light chuckle.

 

“Aww c’mon Chipmunk... I only know your name..and you refuse to give me your instagram, twitter, snap…” Lisa pouts at me. I look at Jennie and she gives me a soft smile, “Guys look our order is ready.” Jennie motions to the buzzer.

 

“C’mon Lisa, let’s go grab the trays.” Jisoo pulls Lisa away, leaving me and Jennie alone.

 

“Thanks.” I smile at Jennie, who nods at me in return, “Uhm are you..”

 

“Jen hey!” Some guy walks up to our table, placing a hand on Jennie’s shoulder.

 

“Bobby.” Jennie replies curtly.

 

“Oh I see you’re still with the new girl. Didn’t you already lay her at the party?” Bobby asks innocently.

 

“Listen here.” Jennie roughly gets up from her seat.

 

“Jen.” I hold her hand, she looks at me briefly and I shake my head.

 

It wasn’t worth it.

 

“Wow, didn't think I’d see the day where Jennie Kim would back down. She was that good huh..can I have a turn?” Bobby leers at me and that triggers Jennie, because next thing I know Bobby was on the ground clutching his right cheek.

 

“Leave. Now.” Jennie’s voice was venomous. The entire cafe was silent, watching as Bobby ran out.

 

“Come with me.” I angrily drag Jennie out of the cafe.

 

`

“Why are you mad at me?” Jennie asks me, after I force her to sit at some random bench we pass by.

 

“I’m not mad, but I told you not to get in any more fights didn’t I?”

 

“And let him say like that? No way Rosie.”

 

“Jennie.”

 

“Look, just like how I don’t know much about you, there’s a lot you don’t know about me too.” Jennie says.

 

“I know, but would it kill you to not retaliate? He’s just being an . He knew he would get a rise out of you.”

 

“Whatever.” Jennie gets up, walking away.

 

“Where are you going?” I yell.

 

“I don’t know. Wherever, just away from here.” She keeps walking.

 

God why is she so stubborn? I take a deep breath before running after her at full speed. Damn how can her tiny legs walk so fast?

 

“Here.” I hand her a bandaid, barely able to get my breathing under control.

 

“You should work out more.” She comments, walking away without taking the bandaid.

 

“Jen!” I yell out my voice hoarse. She stops just long enough for me to catch up again, stuffing the bandaid in her hand, “Now go. Go wherever.” I say, ignoring the pain in my chest. I overdid it.

 

“Whatever.” She rolls her eyes, walking away without looking back.

 

My vision starts to blur..and before I know it everything turns dark.

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

A/n: I’m going through it today with the new Chaennie pics..like wow look who isn’t being stingy lol.

 

Anyways...let me know what you think..we’re about to get into the thick of it.

 

Till next time

 

Ciao~