Gone -Postlude- (Alternate Ending)

Chaennie Collections vol 2.

Jennie’s POV

 

“I guess it’s time for me to get rid of this.” I whisper, throwing away that Tiffany&Co. box I’ve had with me since the day Rosie graduated from law school.

 

As I stared at the light blue box, memories of the past came rushing back...from when Rosie and I had our first non-date watching Wreck-it Ralph, when she asked me to be her girlfriend, our first Christmas, our uni days, Rosie’s law school days, literally all our memories...everything accumulated and is symbolized by that ring inside the box that’s now sitting in my rubbish bin.

 

Is this what it feels like? To be heartbroken...to not know what you’ve got until it’s gone? Cause regret really is at the end…. and it .

 

“Jen.” Jisoo pulls me out of my thoughts, “Why are you staring at your rubbish…” She trails off, after seeing the box.

 

“Is this what I think it is?” She pulls the box out. I didn’t stop her, because I wanted to pull it out as well.

 

“You can open it if you want.” I answer in a small voice.

 

“Jennie...it’s..it’s beautiful.” Jisoo eyes the ring.

 

“Yeah it is..it would have been perfect.” I turn away from Jisoo, sitting on my bed. Wanting to wallow in my own mistakes...my own regrets.

 

“How long have you had this?” Jisoo asks, closing the box and handing it back to me.

 

“Since Rosie graduated from law school...I used to always carry it around with me, waiting for that perfect moment when I could ask her, but it never came….”

 

“Wait that’s like 2..no 3 years Jen…” Jisoo looks at me with wide eyes.

 

“Yeah…”

 

“What about, you know, that thing with Lisa..did you have it then?” Jisoo asks.

 

“No..”

 

“But you still didn’t want to get rid of it until now?”

 

I nod my head, “I’ve been holding onto it for so long...that I forgot about it’s meaning. That I didn’t realize until Rosie and I had our talk today just how much I’ve lost sight of what was in front of me all along.”

 

“This ring...it symbolizes everything I’ve ever gone through with Rosie...and now that it’s over..now that we’re finally over..I wonder why it’s so hard for me to throw it away. I have to move on right? She always loved me more right?”

 

“You really think she loved you more when you were the one that carried this ring around with you for 3 years without anyone knowing?” Jisoo asks, sitting on the bed with me.

 

I stay quiet...I want to say yes, but I don’t feel like I deserve to.

 

“That ring...it carries the 8 years of your story with her, of course it won’t be easy to let go.” Jisoo speaks up.

 

“Are you saying I should keep it?” I ask, tightening my grip around the box.

 

“I’m saying to let it go when you’re actually ready.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Rosie’s POV

 

“Okay what’s going on in that head of yours?”

 

“How’d you know I was here?” I ask, as Lisa takes a seat on the rooftop with me.

 

“I texted Aly..she said you’ve been staying here for a few days.”

 

“Ah...I see.” I keep my gaze up at the stars. The words Jennie said to me that day replaying over and over

 

“You gave me so much that I didn’t know if what I had to offer was enough. My hands were burned by our rope just as much as yours, because you never even gave me the chance to show you how much I love you too.”

 

“I lost sight of you Rosie. I lost sight of you who was holding my hand looking up at the stars. I didn’t realize until now, that you were always on the ground with me. That I already had everything I needed..”

 

“take that next step with you.”

 

“You were my own safe haven Rosie.”

 

“Chaeyoung.” Lisa nudges me, putting a pause on Jennie’s constant voice in my head, “What’s really going on with you? I can tell it’s serious.”

 

“Jennie and I had a talk..” I began, finally peeling my eyes away from the stars that Jennie saw me as.

 

“Oh…”

 

“We talked about us..something we really never talked about..” I paused, “And I’ve always thought it was just me who was fighting for us, that I’ve loved her more than she did me...but I guess I was too blind to not notice all the little things she did for me…”

“That’s one of the things I loved about her..y’know.” Lisa says, “Even though what Jen and I had was brief..and we spent a lot of it fighting. For a moment, I still got to experience what you had since high school. From her handmade boxed lunches, snack boxes, little notes, coming to see me no matter how tired she was from her shoot.” Lisa chuckles.

 

“God I remember when she first started modelling during our uni days...she would always prepare all your meals from your favorite places and leave me like this thick binder that had the exact time I should pick it up, the exact time to drop it off, and where you’ll be too. Goodness, she was so whipped for you!” Lisa shakes her head, “..and if only you knew how many times she would come see you in the middle of the night at your condo when you were in law school...Chu literally asked me to change the lock because Jen wouldn’t sleep!”

 

“She did?” I never knew this.

 

“Rosie...I don’t know why you always thought you loved Jen more..when it’s been clear how much she loved you too..and honestly, sometimes I think she loved you more.”

 

“Then why would she choose you?” I ask.

 

“But she didn’t…”

 

“Lisa..c’mon you said it yourself you got to experience her love.”

 

“Yeah...I got to experience the love that she had only ever given to you Rosie. Her love that’s only ever been reserved for you..And that’s what I think is part of the reason why we fought so much, because I wasn’t you..and the idea we both had of what an ‘us’ would be like proved to be nothing but a nightmare. But still I love her…”

 

“Lisa.” I whip my head towards my best friend, glaring at her.

 

“As a friend.” She laughs, “Why are you looking at me like that.”

 

“Nothing.” I blink a few times to reset my facial expression.

 

“Can I ask you something?” Lisa’s tone switched from playful to serious.

 

“Didn’t you just ask?” I chuckle and she smiles, “You know what I meant Roseanne.”

 

“I know..go ahead.”

 

“When you saw her did you really not feel anything?”

 

“Why are you asking me this?”

 

“Because I read somewhere that ‘If you look at her and you don't feel anything, then she’s not yours to keep. She’s another’s blessing. Be real about how you feel and stop wasting her time. We all need to stop messing with other people’s soulmates’...so I’m just curious if you really didn’t feel anything and if she’s really someone else’s soulmate.”

 

“How are you so sure that Jen felt anything when she looked at me?”

 

“If she didn’t, you wouldn’t be like this...so I know. Jen probably looked at you the same way she’s always had.”

 

“Which is?”

 

“Like you’re her whole world.” Alice answers, her voice comes from behind us, “I brought some hot cocoa.” She smiles, taking the empty spot next to me.

 

“Roof’s a little crowded tonight.” I comment.

 

“Remember when you broke up with Jen..” Alice ignores my comment, sitting down next to me.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“She knew you were broken..that you were hurt..so she texted me..”

 

“What?”

 

“Mhm..she told me not to tell you she did this..she just said that she was sorry because she hurt you..and asked me for one thing.”

 

“And what’s that?”

 

“To hug you tightly when you got home...to comfort you, because she knew you were going to try to be strong..to pretend to be okay.”

 

“That’s why I was surprised that she would even see this monkey like that.” Alice reaches over and playfully pinches Lisa’s cheek.

 

“Ahh Aly.” Lisa whines, rubbing her cheek, “Sorry Lis, but honestly I was confused about what she meant at first...I thought you two had a fight or something. Jen did always do that, text me to comfort you whenever you two had a little squabble.”

 

“Why are you telling me this now? Why are you both now telling me all these things I missed?” I asked, starting to get angry.

 

“Because,” Lisa gets up, Alice following suit, “You obviously felt something when you saw her.” Lisa taps my shoulder, “I gotta go.”

 

“Don’t stay out here too late Rosie poop.” Alice grabs the empty mugs and again I’m alone staring up at the sky.

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Jennie’s POV

 

“How do you feel about moving to Paris?” Ashley suddenly asks.

 

“Like permanently?”

 

“Maybe or if you’d like a year, maybe 2?”

 

“Ash you’re being very vague right now..why are you asking me this?”

 

“Okay well I’ve noticed how you’ve just been..down..for a while now, and with everything that’s happened...I thought maybe a change of scenery will help clear your mind. Plus, Chanel just sent me a new contract..they really want you in Paris.”

 

“Can I think about it?”

 

“Yeah...I emailed you a copy of the contract.”

 

“Thanks.” I nod.

 

~ ~

 

“So are you moving to Paris now?” Irene asks while we were having lunch in between our shoots.

 

“I don’t know...I’m still thinking about it. Chu says I should go for it, what about you? Do you think I should go?”

 

“That’s not up to us to decide, but since you asked for my 2 cents Jen...I agree with Chu.” Irene looks at me with those same eyes Jisoo had when she told me to go as well.

 

“You two need to stop worrying about me.” I force a chuckle.

 

“We can’t help it. I haven’t known you as long as Chu, but it seeing you like this.”

 

“Like what?”

 

“Like you’re okay. You had all of us check on Rosie, make sure Rosie’s okay, do this and that for Rosie after you broke up….that I wondered if you agreed to breakup because she said you guys should...or if you really agreed that there’s nothing left to fight for. And don’t even give me that whole “confused about your feelings” bull, because if you were ever really confused, if you ever really did choose someone other than her, then you wouldn’t have bought that ring in Italy.”

 

My eyes widened when she mentioned the ring, “How do you know about that.” I whisper.

 

“I was passing by the shop and saw you inside looking at rings...doesn’t take a genius to figure out what you were doing. But you never asked her.”

 

“Yeah...that’s all on me..I waited too long.”

 

“So what’d you do with it?”

 

“It’s at home.”

 

“Still?! You didn’t throw it away?”

 

“I tried…”

 

“Then that’s even more of a reason for you to go.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

-6 months later-

 

Rosie’s POV

 

“Babe we gotta get going or else we’ll be late to dinner with your family.”

 

“Babe?”

 

“Hey.”

 

“Rosie.”

 

“Roseanne.” Suzy shook me a bit and I tore my gaze from the bracelet in my hand.

 

“Sorry what were you saying?”

 

“I said we’re about to be late..why were you looking at your bracelet like that?” She asks, grabbing the bracelet from my hand and inspecting it carefully.

 

“This is beautiful...whoever made this for you, must care about you a lot.”

 

“Huh, it was bought at an antique shop.”

 

“No babe, It’s definitely handmade. I can tell it’s not like one of those perfectly made bracelets. It has its imperfections here and there, but you can tell a lot of time and care was put into making this.”

 

“Really?” I frown.

 

“Mhm, how can you not tell?”

 

“Well that’s what I was told so I didn’t really think too much of it.”

 

“I see. It looks a little worn though, how long have you had this?”

 

“Since high school.”

 

“Wow, then it must be very special then.”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Well put it somewhere safe, because we really need to get going.”

 

“Right.” I carefully place the bracelet back in the front of my jewelry drawer, where it’s always been.

 

~ ~

 

“So mum, how was the trip in Europe?” Alice asks, as we move on to dessert, my favorite course.

 

“Lovely as always, although your dad here kept having to take phone calls from the firm I almost threw his phone in the Seine river.” Mum chuckled.

 

“I did not, it was like 3 dear..don’t exaggerate.”

 

“Right okay hon, sure.” Mum playfully rolls her eyes.

 

“Anyways, you guys would never guess who we ran into in Paris.”

 

“Who?”

 

“Jennie.”

 

“Jennie??”

 

“Mhm your mum here wanted to go into the Chanel shop, but they had shut it down because someone important was inside..it turned out to be Jennie. She saw your mum had the staff let us in. I’ve always known that girl was going to go places, Rosie. And I was right. We got to talking and she’s doing a collaboration collection with Chanel. Like Chanel that’s huge!” Dad had a proud smile on his face.

 

“I know I was so proud of her, I cried.” Mum admitted, “And she also toured us around the city in between her busy schedules...can you believe she’s been living there for 6 months now?”

 

“Wait what?” I frowned, no one told me she left. I eyed Alice who sat in front of me and she avoided my gaze. Did she know Jennie was in Paris too?

 

“I thought she told you sweetie, but yeah she moved to Paris.” Dad confirmed and I suddenly felt like I just lost more of whatever it is I’m looking for.

 

“She moved? Like permanently? Forever?”

 

“Babe calm down.” Suzy whispers next to me, pulling out of my haze.

 

“I..sorry.” I apologize.

 

“It’s fine sweetie, it must have caught you off guard huh. Especially since she has always made it a point to not have too many overseas schedules before.”

 

“Dad.” Alice speaks up, “That’s confidential.”

 

“Right right.” Dad nods, “But anyways, enough about us old folks here, how are you guys doing? Suzy heard about the win in that big case. Congratulations.”

 

The topic shifted away from Jennie, but I wasn’t interested...the only thing I want to know right now is why know one bothered to tell me that she left. God even my own sister didn’t tell me.

 

~

 

“Jennie left and you didn’t tell me?” I barged into Lisa’s dance studio during the middle of her sessions, something she absolutely hates, but this is an emergency.

 

“Okay stop stop.” She says in a stern tone, “Everyone take 10.” She sighs before dragging me out of the room.

 

“Yes she did, 6 months ago.”

 

“Again, you didn’t tell me??”

 

“I didn’t know you’d want to know.. Besides, I honestly thought Aly would have spilled the beans first since she was at the going away dinner and at the airport.”

 

“Wait wait PAUSE.” I pinched the bridge of my nose, “Aly knew she was leaving too?”

 

“Again she was at the dinner and at the airport. Oh oh Henry was at the airport too, he drove Aly there.”

 

“EVEN HENRY?!” I raised my voice unknowingly, “So everyone knew, but me that she was leaving Melbourne for good???”

 

“Rosie why are you making such a big deal out of this? I mean you guys haven’t really stayed friends, so why are you acting like…” Lisa sighs.

 

“Like what?”

 

“I’m not going to say it. You figure it out on your own.” Lisa shakes her head.

 

“Lalisa..what do you mean?” I stop her from leaving.

 

“You know what Rosie..for someone that claims to have always loved Jen more, you sure are clueless about your own feelings. Look, I need to get back to my class. Maybe you should go for a walk to cool your head.” Lisa takes my hand away from her arm, walking back into the practice room.

 

~ ~

 

“Alice we need to talk.” I barge into my sister’s office after not getting any answers from my so-called best friend.

 

“What is it?” She asks, not even lifting her head up to look at me.

 

“What did dad mean at dinner last night...about Jen making it a point not to have too many overseas schedules?”

 

“That’s confidential Roseanne. You know Jen used to be a client of mine and dad.”

 

“Alice please...I’ve been learning so much about my own relationship lately that it’s making me wonder just how blind I was.”

 

“You really want me to breach a contract I made with a client for your personal sanity? Do you hear yourself right now?” Alice frowns, lifting her head to look at me.

 

“Fine. Then why didn’t you tell me that Jennie was leaving for Paris? You even went to her going-away dinner and the airport??”

 

“Roseanne.”Alice pauses, “What would have changed if I had told you? Nothing. Absolutely nothing, because you made your choice right? You moved on. That’s what you told me, mum, dad, Lisa, your friends, and most importantly Suzy. So why are you barging in here all hot-headed, demanding all these answers from me?” Alice asks, clearly angry.

 

I looked down...why am I here? Why am I so angry? Why am I so upset?

 

“Rosie…” Alice sighs, “You were the one that let Jennie go...you were the one that moved on first..it’s only fair that she gets to do the same now.”

 

Right...I forgot..it was me that let go of that rope first. Letting go of the rope that burned my hands, but I didn’t think about what happened after I did that...I didn’t know that she would tumble and fall...I didn’t know I let her get hurt.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

-2 months later-

 

Jennie’s POV

 

“JEN!” Jisoo pulls me in a bone crushing hug, “I knew you’d come!”

 

“Well, you threatened to have me kidnapped unless I came so here I am.” I rolled my eyes at her, grabbing a drink from one of the waiters roaming around.

 

“You are so mean to me now. You really need to stop hanging out with your Parisian friends.” Jisoo huffs, taking a sip of the drink she had on the table.

 

“Okay stop being so dramatic Chu, jeez maybe it’s you that needs to stop hanging out with Lisa and them so much.”

 

“Well who else would I hang out with when you’re on the top side of the globe?”

 

“True..but speaking of...where is that dork?” I ask.

 

“She’s on her way.”

 

“Ah I see..man it feels weird being at this gymnasium again.”

 

“Yeah..really. Can’t you believe it’s our 10 year high school reunion? Like when did we get so old Jen?”

 

“Chu...we’re only 28 chill.” I chuckle.

 

“Let me have my moment to mourn my youth.”

 

“Yep, you definitely got that from Bam..also..why is everyone like staring at us?” I ask, feeling everyone’s stares on Jisoo and I.

 

“Well, I don’t know Jen..maybe it’s cause our faces are plastered all over the world.”

 

“Yeah, but I mean it’s still us...and oh my god is that Kyle Andres?” I see a familiar and subtly motion towards the dirty blonde haired man, “Yep..he def peaked in high school?” Jisoo comments and I couldn’t stop myself from chuckling.

 

“Why if it isn't Jennie Kim.” I heard a very familiar English accent.

 

“Jasper?” I stood up, hugging the guy, “Gosh it’s been so long how are you?”

 

“Doing good. I moved back to the UK after uni, missed home a little too much.” He smiles.

 

Jasper Holland was one of the few really nice guys in high school. He didn’t try too hard to fit in. He was just himself and that’s why we clicked well.

 

“Oh really. I actually mov..”

 

“Jen you came!” I was interrupted and soon felt arms being wrapped around me from behind.

 

“Lisa hi!” I pat her arms gently, “It’s nice..” I lost my composure for a bit when I saw who was next to her, but quickly regained it, “to see you..and you too Rosie.”

 

“Hi.” Rosie’s tone was cold, eyebrows furrowed, sending daggers towards me and Jasper.

 

“Anyways Jen what were you saying?” Jasper pulls my attention back on him.

 

“Uhm right, I was saying that I had actually moved to Paris 8 months ago, maybe we can hangout when I’m in London for work.”

 

“You did! Wow that’s great, I love Paris. And we totally should or I could come visit you in Paris during your free time or something.”

 

“Jas it’s a 3 hour train ride you don’t…”

 

“But I want to.” He smiles.

 

“Uh..sure...if you really want.” I agree, putting my phone number in his phone.

 

“Ahem..” Jisoo clears , “If you two are down being in your own little world..the program started.”

 

“Right..” I nod, trying to ignore the stare coming from the blonde who’s sitting on the opposite side of our table.

 

“ALL RIGHT CLASS OF 2013!! Welcome back!!” Simon, our senior class president, screamed into the microphone getting excited clapping and hollers from everyone.

 

“Now it’s been 10 years since we’ve all left this place and man am I the only one that feels old?” He asks, everyone raises a glass in agreement, “Well glad I’m not the only one..now I won’t be up here too long...I’m just being forced to do this.” He jokes.

 

“And Simon hasn’t changed at all.” Lisa comments.

 

“Yep.” Jisoo, Jasper, and I chorus in agreement.

 

“It looks like we’ve got some famous faces in the house in the back! I see you Jennie Kim, Jisoo Kim, and of course Roseanne Park!” Simon announces and suddenly the spotlight is on our table, and I know my career requires me to be in the public’s eyes, but this is my high school classmates so yeah I got a little shy.

 

“Hey Simon what about me!” Lisa jokes.

 

“Of course the very stunning La-La-Lalisa Manoban is here and it looks like Mr. Holland is here too...but it’s not the Holland I was looking for.” Simon laughs.

 

“He’s my cousin!” Jasper yells out.

 

“REALLY?”

 

“Nah I’m just messing with you mate.”

 

“Jeez got my hopes up for nothing.” Simon says before he segues to the next topic.

 

“Okay and finally before we get this night going, why don’t we bring our class’s high school sweetheart on the dance floor to help bring us back to the old days.”

 

“He said what now?” I whisper to Jisoo.

 

“And rumor has it they’ve been going strong since.” Simon adds.

 

“He can’t mean..” Jisoo looks at me.

 

“Roseanne, Jennie...get your butts on the dance floor you lovebirds. Show us that maybe true love does exist.” Simon winks and again that damn spotlight is on our table. While Rosie and I stare awkwardly at each other.

 

“Aren’t you guys going?” Someone calls out.

 

“Uh actuall…” My voice fades as I watch Rosie get up from her seat and make her way towards me.

 

Rosie’s POV

 

“Jen..dance with me?” I put my hand out for Jennie to take, slightly terrified that she’ll say no...but when she lifts a hand and places it in mine..did I realize how much I miss holding it.

 

“Sure.” She gives me her gummy smile.

 

And as I lead her to the dancefloor, it feels like we’re really back in 2013...when everything was so simple..when we didn’t have any real-world problems...when it was just Jennie and Rosie.

 

“You look great.” I say, trying to get a conversation started as a soft song plays. Her hands resting on either side of my shoulders and mine around her waist.

 

“You too Rosie...you look beautiful as always.” She softly says.

 

“So you moved to Paris.” I began, unconsciously bringing her closer towards me.

 

“Uhm..yeah. Like I mentioned earlier for about 8 months now.”

 

“Do you like it there? I mean how are you adjusting.”

 

“Well I was already learning french before so it’s not that much of an adjustment, but I do miss mum’s cooking. I’ve been trying to convince her to move there with me, but she refuses. Her life is here and dad’s here too...she says can’t leave him.” She replies.

 

“But yet you left me..” I whisper under my breath.

 

“I’m sorry did you say something? I didn’t catch it.” She apologizes.

 

“I was saying that I’m proud of you.”

 

“Thanks..the people at Chanel are very welcoming, apparently they were just waiting for my okay to do this.”

 

“Oh...have they always wanted you to go to Paris?”

 

“Well...not permanently, but they did wish I would be open to more foreign shoots instead of trying to do everything here.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Why what?”

 

“Why did you try to do everything here?”

 

“Oh.” Jennie peels her gaze away from mine, “Just..it was easier.” She answers, but it wasn’t the truth. I know that.

 

“Jen..the truth.”

 

“Rosie..it’s the past. It doesn’t matter.”

 

“Yes it does.”

 

“No..it doesn’t.”

 

“Jennie...why.” I push.

 

“You’re really not going to let this go until I tell you huh.”

 

“You know me Jen, so you know the answer to that.”

 

“Fine.” She sighs, “It’s because I hated being away from you.”

 

And deep down, I knew her answer...I just needed to hear it from her.

 

“Uhm do you mind if I cut in?” Jasper taps my shoulder.

 

Yes.

 

“No.” I smile, handing Jennie’s hand to him.

 

~

 

“Roseanne...murder is a crime.” Jisoo says, taking Lisa’s seat which was now empty.

 

“I know that Chu.” I chuckle.

 

“Then stop with the killer glares.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Nothing...never mind...I’m going to grab a drink, you want one?”

 

“Yeah..thanks.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Rosie...ma best friend!!!!”

 

“Lisa you’re drunk.” I groan, trying to keep Lisa from falling over.

 

“Here let me help you.” Jennie grabs her from the other side, “Did you guys drive here or did Henry take you?”

 

“Henry took us. He should be here soon.”

 

“Jeez why did she drink so much?”

 

“Blame the dance squad.” I reply, “Where’s Chu?”

 

“She left, apparently there was an issue with the shoot she did earlier so she has to go reshoot it.”

 

“But it’s late...she won’t be done till morning.”

 

“I know, but you know her. She’s too nice for her own good sometimes.” Jennie answers, “Okay here comes the car, c’mon you drunkard let’s get you inside.”

 

“Ms. Kim..it’s nice to see you again.” Henry smiles at Jennie after we successfully get drunk Lisa in the car.

 

“You too Henry.” Jennie returns Henry’s smile, stepping forward to give Henry a light hug.

 

“Je…”

 

“Jen hey.” Jasper pops out of nowhere, interrupting me again.

 

“Hey.”

 

“Jisoo asked me to send you home before she left earlier. I was looking around for you, I’m ready to go whenever you are.” Jasper gives Jennie his stupid charming smile.

 

“Oh..uhm su..”

 

“Actually Ms. Kim will be riding with Ms. Park this evening.” Henry suddenly says, and I had to stop myself from cheering.

 

“It’s fine Roseanne, I can take Jen here home.”

 

“I insist Ms. Kim.” Henry says, “For old times sake.”

 

Jennie smiles and nods, “I’ll go with Rosie, Jas..thanks for the offer. But we got Lisa passed out in the car, and I think I’ll have to stay the night with her. Don’t worry.”

 

“Alright...be safe..and I’ll text you later.”

 

“Sure.”

 

~ ~

 

“Ms. Park.” Henry calls out to me, pulling my attention away from the rearview mirror, “if you keep staring at her like that she might melt.” He chuckles.

 

“I’m not staring.” I deny, thankful that I had the partition almost all the way up, so Jennie doesn’t hear what we’re talking about in the front.

 

“Right..okay.” Henry let’s the topic go and puts all his focus back on the road.

 

“Henry.” I called out after a few moments.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“You told me that being apart is what we both needed and that maybe one day Jen and I can find our way back to each other.”

 

“I did.”

 

“What did you mean by that?”

 

“Rosie.” Henry entered his “dad” mode, “I’ve been driving for your family for decades now..and I spent most of that time driving you around and then eventually driving you and Jennie around. And just like I told Jennie so many years ago...I watched you two go from shy teens to adults in love…” Henry looks over at me.

 

“I’m sensing a but.”

 

“But,” He chuckles, “I also saw how you two began to drown in your love for each other.”

 

“Huh? How can you drown in someone’s love. Isn’t that like a good thing? To have someone love you that much?”

 

“Do you know what happens when you drown Rosie?”

 

“Of course, your lungs begin to take in water, making it impossible for you to breath, which then leads to your body not getting enough oxygen, and to death if you aren’t saved in time.”

 

“Exactly.”

 

“But that’s water..how does that relate to our situation?”

 

“You both were trying to take in as much love as you can from the other person you forgot to get out of the water. And instead of your lungs, it’s your hearts that began to suffocate..and so to try and save it...you both began to push each other away unknowingly.”

 

“Do you think it’ll happen again?”

 

“I think you’ve both learned from your time apart..so I don’t think you’ll repeat the same mistakes with Ms. Bae.”

 

That’s not who I meant.

 

“Right...thanks Henry.”

 

~ ~ ~

 

Jennie’s POV

 

“Alright, I got her. You should head home, it’s late.” I smile at Rosie, after we get Lisa in bed.

 

“But what about you?”

 

“I’ll stay here and watch over her.” I say heading towards Lisa’s closet.

 

“I’ll stay here and you go home. I’ll have Henry take you back to your house.” Rosie follows after me.

 

“Rosie, It’s fine. You should go home.” I pause, rummaging around Lisa’s closet for some spare clothes, “Besides,” I continue, “I don’t have anyone waiting for me at home.”

 

“You wouldn’t want to worry your girlfriend right?” I turn around, trying to keep a small smile on my face, “So go.” I push her towards the door with my free hand.

 

I don’t think I can last any longer with just me and her right now.

 

“But but but..”

 

“Rosie..go before you worry her. I haven’t as much seen you pull out your phone to check-in and I know you. You always check-in.”

 

“Jen..” She turned around suddenly, luckily I was able to stop before we collided.

 

“Roseanne...it’s late. The reunion is over.” I look her in the eye, my words holding a double meaning, which she doesn’t catch.

 

“Look Suzy will understand if I stay here with Lisa.”

 

“You don’t have to because I’m here. Stop being stubborn.” I was starting to get frustrated. Rosie please, just leave.

 

“Jennie...please let me stay.” And I hate myself for always being so weak when it comes to her.

 

“Fine.” I relent,” suit yourself.” I turn around, heading back towards Lisa’s room.

 

“Where are you going?” Rosie stops me.

 

“I’m going to wash-up.” I answer, turning around for a moment to answer her.

 

“There’s a washroom in both guest rooms.” Rosie moves fast to stand next to me.

 

“Rosie..you and I both know Lisa does not keep anything in the guest rooms. I’ll go first, you can go after. In the meantime, please tell Henry to go home, he might still be waiting.” I say with finality in my voice, because I’m really about to break down and I don’t want to do it in front of her.

 

Once I got inside the washroom, my knees finally gave in.

 

Seeing Rosie, being close to her again, it made all the progress I had from moving on fly out the window. I’m literally back at square one...I knew it was too soon to come back...but I think I’ve been doing a really good job at hiding everything from her. And if not, I’m glad she hasn’t said anything.

 

When I finally finished, I carefully made my way out of the bedroom.

 

“Rosie, your turn.” I called out from the hallway, wanting to escape into one of the guestrooms, but there was no answer, “ Rosie?” I walk towards the living room and flashbacks from Rosie’s law school days come rushing in when I see her sleeping peacefully on the couch, her hair everywhere, mouth slightly open, with a soft snore.

 

“Jeez, you should have said you were tired..I would have made you go first.” I shake my head, and just like the old days, I get Rosie on my back taking her in one of the rooms and tucking her in, “Jeez you’re just as heavy as you were back then.” I whisper to myself remembering all the times I used to do this. And I guess old habits do die hard because I found myself leaning towards her lips, thankfully I stopped myself, “Goodnight Rosie.” I instead placed a soft kiss on her forehead before making my way out and shutting the door carefully behind me.

 

Rosie’s POV

 

I opened my eyes after I heard the door to the guest room shut and before I knew it the tears began to stream down my face. Finally realizing all my mistakes and my shortcomings...finally realizing that I don’t want her to leave me anymore...realizing just how much I need her, how much I miss her, how much it’s killing me to know she’s now harder for me to reach….finally realizing that I love her and that I probably never stopped.

 

And it kills me because now that I know all this, I have to tell the person that was there for me in the brief moment she wasn’t that I can’t be with her anymore. But I have to fix this mess I created, before I lose Jennie forever.

 

~

 

I don’t know what time I fell asleep, but I do know that I woke up to the sound of Lisa’s groans echoing in her house.

 

“Where’s Jen?” I immediately ask after rushing out the room hoping she would be the first one I see in the morning.

 

“Rosie, my head, stop yelling.” Lisa groans, taking some painkillers.

 

“Jen.” I knocked on the door of the other room, but there was no answer.

 

“Lisa did Jen leave?” I ask, returning to the living room to find Lisa balled up on the couch.

 

“There’s a note...kitchen.” She says, eyes shut tightly. And I rushed to the kitchen to find some Kimchi fried rice and the note Lisa was talking about.

 

“Good morning sleepy heads, I made breakfast for you both. Lisa I set aside some painkillers and water. Make sure you take them and drink lots of water or else your hangover won’t go away. Also, sorry I had to leave without saying goodbye. You two take care. Jennie.” I read the note out loud...what does she mean by leave without saying goodbye..

 

“Lisa..what time did Jen leave? Did you hear her go?”

 

“Don’t know...Chu.” Lisa was no help. So I decided to get a cab to Jisoo’s place, there’s no way she went back to Paris…

 

~

 

“Rosie...why are you here so early?”

 

“Hey Chu, sorry...I know you probably just got home and haven’t slept yet, but is Jen here by chance.”

 

“Uhhhhhhhhh.” Jisoo smiles awkwardly, “Why?”

 

“I really need to talk to her. It’s important.”

 

“Rosie.” Jisoo sighs.

 

“Please Chu..is she here?”

 

“No..” Jisoo shakes her head, “I just got back from the airport.”

 

“Did she leave already? I thought she was going to stay for a few more days.”

 

“Sorry Rosie…”

 

“You said you just got back right? I can still catch her. Which air…”

 

“Rosie..she’s gone..and you need to stop chasing after her, she’s not yours for you to do that. Think about Suzy.”

 

“I know..but Jisoo you don’t understand if I don’t do anything I just might lose her forever.”

 

“Rosie...you...wait here.” Jisoo shakes her head before coming back with a small light blue box, “here.”

 

“What’s this?”

 

“I was supposed to get rid of this…. Not give it to you, but I also think she knew I would...there’s a note inside. I didn’t read it but...open it when you get home..and please, don’t do anything stupid.”

 

“So she’s really gone?”

 

“She’s gone Rosie.”

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Hey babe what’s that?” Suzy pulls me out from the staring contest I’ve been having with this box since this morning.

 

“Jen left this morning…” I answer.

 

“Oh..she did.” I notice the increase in happiness in her voice.

 

“Yeah.” I sigh, wondering where I should start.

 

“And is that from her?” Suzy asks, taking the seat next to me.

 

“It was never supposed to be given to me, but she left it with Chu.”

 

“So it is from her.” Suzy reaches out a hand to grab it, but I stop her, “Don’t.”

 

“Babe if it’s for you, shouldn’t you open it?”

 

Yes, but I’m scared to know if it’s what I really think it is.

 

“It wasn’t supposed to be here. Chu was supposed to throw it away.

 

“Then in that case, let’s toss it in the rubbish.” Suzy pulls her hand away, taking the box and walking towards the rubbish bin.

 

“Wait.” I rush to her and grab the box from her hand.

 

“What?”

 

“I...I’ll do it..later.” I say, pocketing the box.

 

“Right..sure.” Suzy rolls her eyes.

 

“I will.”

 

“Mhm like with everything else she’s ever given you..you’ll get rid of them later.”

 

“It’s not like that.”

 

“C’mon Rosie. You think I don’t know?”

 

“I broke up with Jen, I was the one that let go.”

 

“I know, but did you ever stop loving her? Why did you break up with her? Why did you let go?” Suzy asks.

 

“Suzy I love you, you know that.”

 

“I know, but it’s not like the way you love her.”

 

“That’s not true.”

 

“Roseanne, be honest. Something shifted, you’ve been so depressed since you found out she left for Paris. You think you’re good at hiding it, but we can all tell. Even your friends ask me if we’re fighting. So just tell me, because it’s really starting to hurt.”

 

“I was the one that broke up with her, I was the one that stopped fighting..I was the one that let go, but can you blame me though? How could I have stayed by her side if I only made her unhappy…”

 

“Did you really though? Was she really unhappy?”

 

“I told you the way Jennie looked at Lisa changed...and I know that look, it’s the same look I always give her.”

 

“The key word here is always.”

 

“Suzy…”

 

“Rosie...what changed?” Suzy sighs.

 

“I don’t know...nothing? I don’t think I ever did change.” I admit, “I’m sorry.”

 

“God I knew it.” Suzy shakes her head, quickly wiping her tears.

 

“I did love you Suzy, in the small amount of time I did.”

 

“You told me that even though you and Jennie never ended up together, she showed you who you needed to be when the right one comes along…and when you told me I was the right one...I felt so happy. Because I figured you’d finally had let go of that last bit of love you had for her.”

 

“Suzy…”

 

“But the truth is...it’s me..I’m the one that showed you who you needed to be when the right one comes along...or in this case comes back. You and I both know what’s inside that box in your pocket. If she ever really did choose Lisa...that won’t be here.” Suzy says.

 

“I’m sorry...I’m really sorry.” I cried, the guilt hitting me like a ton of bricks.

 

“Don’t be...it’s my fault for turning a blind eye to what was so obvious. I love you Rosie and I know for a moment you loved me too..but I’m not a rebound. And I’m not going to make you choose between me or her, because I know the answer to that. The only thing I want from you is to find your happiness...and in this case it’s with Jen.”

 

“Suzy.”

 

“Don’t be sorry...it’s not your fault. You both can’t force your hearts. Goodbye Rosie.” Suzy wraps her arms around me, I return the gesture, hugging her tightly, hoping it’ll compensate for the heartache I gave her.

 

~

 

“take that next step with you.”

 

Those words rang in my head as the sound of the front door shutting echoed lightly. Suzy said that I need to find my happiness, but I’m scared of the goodbye she’s probably written for me inside this box.

 

“Fear won’t get you nowhere Rosie...just open it and accept whatever it is Jennie has written.” I grab the box, carefully opening it….and I almost drop it when I see what was inside.

 

“we were all waiting for either of you to pop the question”

 

Alice’s words from that first Christmas without Jennie came back…

 

“Goodness Aly, did you know about this too?”

 

With one last deep breath, I finally took the paper that was rolled up inside and read it.

 

Marry me Rosie. Those were the words that would be consistently wanting to slip out of my mouth every time I looked at you; Marry me. I’ve asked you to marry me in my head so many times. Waiting for the universe to create the perfect moment, but it never came so I never had the chance to ask. Mum was right I should have created one myself...Rosie, I’ve carried this ring with me since the day you graduated from law school...so before Jisoo has a chance to get rid of it...I want to ask you one last time, make me the happiest woman on Earth and marry me Rosie.

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

-1 month later-

 

Jennie’s POV

 

“I just landed back in Paris Chu. Jeez, why have you, Irene, and Lisa all been so nosy about my schedule this past month?” I chuckle, answering the phone call from Jisoo.

 

“Jen, I’ll go grab your things.” Jasper says, pulling into the parking garage.

 

“Thanks Jas.”

 

“Jas? As in Jasper Holland?” Jisoo asks.

 

“Yeah, he’s in Paris for a few months for work.” I reply.

 

“He’s the one that picked you up?”

 

“Yes, Ashley has a broken leg remember? Plus we’re neighbors for the meantime.”

 

“Neighbors?!”

 

“Ow Chu, don’t need to yell.” I pulled the phone away from my ear, following Jasper as we walked towards the elevator of our building.

 

“Sorry, but are you and Jas…”

 

“Are we??”

 

“You know..are you two like..uh..”

 

“Jisoo just spit out.”

 

“Are you guys da…” The call suddenly ended.

 

“Jisoo okay?” Jasper asked.

 

“Yeah..her phone probably died.” I chuckled lightly, “Thanks again for picking me up. You really didn’t have to.”

 

“It’s fine Jen, we’re friends right?”

 

“Yeah...but seriously at least let me treat you to dinner tonight as a thank you.”

 

“You really don’t have to, but I’m also not going to say no to free food.”

 

“Okay good, just let me know when you’re done from the office and we can meet at Les deux compères.”

 

 

“Sure that sounds good, anyways have a good day. I gotta head to the office now.”

 

“You too. Take care.”

 

~ ~

 

It was a little bit past lunch when I finally decided to go out to grab some food and do my weekly grocery. The day was nice, and the air was cool. A perfect summer day in the city of love.

 

“Yes Jisoo what is?” I answer the phone, holding the device between my ear and shoulder while placing my shopping bags in my car.

 

“Are you and Jasper dating?”

 

“What?? No, where would you get that idea.”

 

“C’mon on Jen he has had a crush on you since high school, like he was so obvious during our reunion and now he’s in Paris where you two happen to be neighbors, this does not seem like a coincidence to me.”

 

I couldn’t stop myself from literally laughing out loud, “Omg he does not...man, Chu that was a good laugh. Jasper and I are just friends.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“100%. Positive. Look can I call you back. I gotta get my groceries up.”

 

“Wait wait wait, I need to tell you something.”

 

“What?”

 

“I gave the ring to Rosie. Kay bye love you!”

 

“JISOO!” I yelled but she already hung up.

 

Now…do I fly back to Melbourne to kick her or…just pretend Rosie doesn’t have the engagement ring I bought for her.

 

“ the note!”

 

“Jisoo you better answer the damn phone.”

 

“Ayo it’s Ji to the Soo, leave a message at the…”

 

I hang up, dialling Irene’s number.

 

“Pick up, pick up, pick up, pick up..”

 

“Hello Je..”

 

“Rene, please tell me you’re with Chu or are near her right now.”

 

“I’m at a shoot so no..what’s up?”

 

“Well I gave her the ring so she can get rid of it and that traitor gave it to Rosie.”

 

“Uhhhhh…”

 

“And to make it worse I wrote a little note in there as like my goodbye this is it I’m going to move on now and I don’t know if she got rid of it or not.”

 

“Oh. That explains why then.”

 

“Huh explains what?”

 

“To answer your question, Chu definitely did not get rid of the note inside.”

 

“Oh my God.” I slam my forehead on my steering wheel.

 

“Jennie calm down. It’s not a bad thing trust me.”

 

“Rene this is a bad thing. Rosie was never ever supposed to know about the ring.”

 

“Look Jennie believe me everything will be fine.”

 

“Irene.”

 

“Trust me okay. I have to go, I’m being called. I’ll text you later.”

 

“Wati Rene, wait.” She hung up on me...I should have gotten rid of that damn ring myself.

 

Rosie’s POV

 

“According to Chu, Jen is back in Paris.”

 

“Are you sure Lisa? I’ve been here for a month but I still haven’t seen her.”

 

“Yes, she landed this morning, got her groceries, and is probably at home now.”

 

“Okay that’s a little stalkerish.”

 

“Says the kettle calling the pot black. You’re the one that begged us to keep track of Jennie’s whereabouts 24/7 remember???”

 

“Well that’s because when I got here I couldn’t find her. No one was at her place.”

 

“This is why Chu told you not to do anything stupid. Stupid.”

 

“Lisa.”

 

“Wait….how do you even know where Jen lives?”

 

“That’s besides the point, are you sure she’s home.”

 

“Dude I’m 100% sure she’s home.”

 

“Alright. Good.” I sigh, finally feeling relieved. After a month of turning Paris and the surrounding area upside down looking for her she’s finally here. I mean I guess I should have made sure she didn’t have a schedule before flying out here, but I was in panic mode.

 

“Okay so is she here?” Aly asks as we wait for our dinner at Les deux compères.

 

“Yep, she’s back from Venice.” I smile.

 

“So what are you going to tell her when you…” Alice clears , brows frowning a bit, “see her.” She finishes, taking a sip of the wine on our table, while glancing behind me.

 

“I’m not going to tell you that. It’s reserved for her.”

 

“Okay...just uh..maybe you should wait before ambushing her at her place. Which, by the way, you never told me how you found out about.”

 

“I have my connections.” I shrug.

 

“That’s very stalkerish Rosie poop.”

 

“I was desperate okay. Sheesh.”

 

“Mhm..”

 

“But why are you so nervous?”

 

“I am not nervous.”

 

“Aly...you’re practically chugging each glass of wine down and our meal isn’t even out yet.

 

“I’m thirsty.”

 

“There’s water and what do you even keep looking at.” I tried to turn around but our food arrived.

 

“It’s nothing. Let’s just eat.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Rosie it’s early in the morning and it's raining are you really going to go see her now?”

 

“Aly, I’ve waited a month to see her and tell her what I need to say. I can’t wait anymore. Besides I have an umbrella.”

 

“Rosie...you’re being rash again.”

 

“I don’t care. I would have gone last night if you didn’t drink too much.”

 

“Fine go, but...be careful okay?”

 

“I will.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

The cab stops and I see Jennie standing outside getting wet from the rain.

 

“Merci monsieur.” I pay the cab driver, getting out quickly so I can finally return to where I belong. I was about to call out to her, but my voice dies in my throat when I see who comes up from behind Jennie with an umbrella.

 

“Jen!” I hear him call her name loudly over the rain and she turns around, “I told you to just wait inside..sheesh look you got wet.” He takes out a handkerchief, wiping some of the rain that got on her.

 

“I’m fine...it was only for a bit.”

 

What the is Jasper Holland doing here and why are they so close?

 

“Are you ready to…”

 

“Jennie.” I make my way towards the pair letting. There is no way in hell am I not going to do anything about this.

 

“Rosie?” Jennie looks at me with wide eyes, “I..uh..what are you doing here?”

 

“What is he doing here?” I ask, pulling Jennie away from under his umbrella to mine.

 

“Uh I live here?” Jasper answers.

 

“You live here? He lives here?” I look at Jennie and Jasper.

 

“Yeah we’re neighbors.” They answer at the same time.

 

“Since when? I thought he lived in the UK?”

 

“For work, but only for another 4 months.”

 

“And you just happen to get a flat in the same building?”

 

“I told Jen I was moving here for a bit and she was the one that helped me get this place…”

 

“You helped him??”

 

“He’s my friend and there was a free unit. Wait why are you even interrogating us?? Why are you here Rosie?” Jennie looks at me.

 

“Jen...I need to tell you something.”

 

“Rosie..” Jennie sighs, “If it’s about the thing that Chu gave you...just forget it ever existed.”

 

“Jennie, can you just..”

 

“Rosie, we have an appointment...I have to go.” Jennie interrupts me, walking towards Jasper, who led her to his car.

 

“If she ever really did choose Lisa...that won’t be here”

 

Those words Suzy said to me when we broke up came back into my mind...if she really did choose someone else then she wouldn’t have kept it for as long as she did.

 

“YES!” I yelled out, stopping Jennie from getting inside the car.

 

“Rosie what are you talking about?” She asks when I was standing in front of her again.

 

“A billion times, in any universe, at any time, the answer will always be yes Jen.” I say, hoping she sees the sincerity in my eyes again.

 

“Jas...you go ahead without me….tell Camille I’m sorry I can’t make brunch.” She turns to Jasper who nods, before driving off.

 

“Jen...it’s a yes.” I pull the box out from my pocket, walking closer to her so that we’re both being sheltered from the rain.

 

“Rosie.” She sighs, “You weren’t supposed to know about this.” She takes the box from my hand and stuffs it in her jacket pocket.

 

“Jennie...are you listening to me? I just said yes.”

 

“I never asked you Rosie.” She says.

 

“Jen...you wrote it down yourself...that you’ve been wanting to ask me..and my answer is yes.”

 

Jennie blinks once, twice, before shutting her eyes and walking into the rain.

 

“Where are you going? You’re getting wet.” I catch up to her.

 

“I should have just gotten rid of this myself.” Jennie says, taking the box, but I stop her from throwing it away.

 

“You don’t get to throw this away. You don’t get to decide for the two of us Jennie.”

 

“Rosie...I saw that look in your eyes when we had that talk. Our chapter in your life is over...and so is the book. So I’m not doing this for me...I’m doing this for us...to stop us from holding onto something that we can’t go back to. It’s over Rosie. We’re..” She pauses, “We’re over.”

 

“No.”

 

“Chaeyoung please...don’t make this harder than it already has been for me.”

 

“You can’t do this Jen. I love you.” I shake my head. This is not how I imagined our reunion to be like. I was hoping for more smiles and kisses...not tears under the ing rain.

 

“Back then...you did what you had to do for my happiness, now I’m just returning the favor.”

 

“Jennie please.” I begged.

 

“For what it’s worth...I love you...and I’m sorry that I never got to show you properly, that I held back so many times, that I was so scared. But still I love you. You were my safe haven Rosie.” Jennie, cups my cheeks with both hands, wiping my tears away as she looks at me with a smile as her own tears continue to fall, “ I wish you all the happiness in this world, Love.” She tilts my head down, placing a lingering kiss on my forehead, “Goodbye Rosie.”

 

“Please stop saying goodbye Jen.” I hold onto her hands before she can leave.

 

“Ro..”

 

“Stop Jennie please. I did not spend this entire month turning this entire city upside down looking for you just so you can try and end things again. Jennie you just said you love me...why can’t you believe me when I tell you the same? I love you Jennie. And I know I took it all for granted, that I never realized what you did for me back then.. I know it all now Jen. and I’m sorry...I’m so sorry for ever thinking that I loved you more than you did me. I’m sorry...please just this once...can you stay with me? Because it’s now you that’s so far out of my reach Jen. I’m now the one trying to get off the ground to reach you and I’m scared that you’re already so far out of my reach...so please, just come back to me...Let me stay by your side again...please Love.” I tighten my grip on her hand.

 

I can’t let her go. Not anymore.

Jennie’s POV

 

What do you do when your mind says one thing but your heart says another? They say to always follow your heart but to remember to take your brain with you, but what if they’re fighting. What if one is pushing to pull away while the other is pushing to fall again.

 

“Jen..please.” Rosie speaks up again as a silence drapes over us. And as I stare into her eyes...I know that she means it..I can see the sincerity...and the love.

 

“I’m scared Rosie...what-if we end up broken again?” I say in a quiet voice.

 

“We won’t Love… I promise you...I will keep fighting by your side. So just come back to me.” She assures me and like always, I couldn’t say no.

 

“Okay..” I say softly.”

 

“Okay?”

 

“Mhm.” I nod and Rosie’s smile was so wide, so bright, so warm...I forgot that we were out in the rain still.

 

“Thank you.” Rosie let’s go of the umbrella, wrapping me in her warm embrace, “God, I miss you. I miss this..us..you can’t leave me again Jennie Kim.” She says her voice stern.

 

“I won’t..I promise.” I snuggle into her arms, hugging her tighter, not minding the rain that was soaking through our clothes.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

-1 year later-

 

Jennie’s POV

 

“Please stop doing that Love, it’s embarrassing.” I hide my face on her shoulder, as Rosie keeps showing all the passer-byers on the street her left hand.

 

“No way. You finally put my ring on my finger, there’s no way I’m not going to flaunt it.”

 

“Oh jeez..” I face-palm.

 

~

 

“There you two are!” Alice greets us like we made them wait for hours.

 

“Sorry are we late?” I apologize, trying to get the blonde girl to stop showing the other customers at the restaurant her hand.

 

“No you two are right on time, we’re just excited.” My mum says.

“Okay but mum, auntie I won the bet.” Alice says.

 

“What bet?” Rosie and I turn to them.

 

“Oh my gosh Jen you still had this ring?” Mrs. Park looks at me like she’s about to cry.

 

“Yeah...I kinda carried it around with me trying to find the perfect chance.”

 

“Wait mum you knew about this ring?”

 

“Rosie dear, everyone at this table has known about this ring since Jennie went to our house to ask if it was okay to marry you so many years ago.”

 

“You did?” Rosie turns to me and I shrug.

 

“Why didn’t you guys tell me?” Rosie pouted.

 

“Well...we had a bet going so it was against the rules.” Mr. Park replies.

 

“I..wow...the betrayal by my own family.” Rosie whines.

 

“Stop it now Love. It’s finally on your finger right?” I kiss her cheek to appease her.

 

“Yes it is.”

 

“Yep and mum and dad both owe me $1,000 each.” Alice smirks.

 

“Alice we are your parents how da..”

 

“We have a contract.”

 

“I told you not to get them into law dear.” Mrs. Park shakes her head.

 

And as light laughter and happy stories are shared by both our families I couldn’t help but to echo those words Rosie said during our first Christmas.

 

The only ring, to my first and only love, to start our forever.

 

“I love you.” I whisper to her, holding her hand softly under the table.

 

“I love you too.” She smiles.

 

After everything Rosie and I have been through, I now know for sure that everything I need is on the ground.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/n: Lol the way some of you didn’t have faith in me to give you Chaennie endgame 🤧🤧…. But ngl you can probs guess where I was like okay this could be the ending for this..🙃🙃🙃

 

Anyways, for reals this time, this is the end of Gone. I hope you guys enjoyed it.

 

Let me know what you think…and hopefully I’ll post the next story up soon….(I’ll let y’all savor this moment while it lasts 👀👀👀)

 

Till then..

 

Ciao~