What Do I Call You Now?

Chaennie Collections vol 2.

“It’s the 4th time already.” Jisoo sighs, leaning her head on Lisa’s shoulder watching as the events in the cafe unfold before them.

 

“Seriously…why is it always them?? Like is the universe for them or against them? ” Lisa chuckles, watching as Jennie judges and Chaeyoung blunders her way around.

 

“Maybe this time they’ll actually get their act together.” Jisoo replies.

 

“Wanna bet?”

 

“You’re on Manoban.” Jisoo agrees, watching as their friend makes it back to their table.

 

“Well that was something Chong-ah.”

 

“She’s so freaking ridiculous like what the hell?! I thought she would have left her annoying side in high school, guess I was wrong.” Chaeyoung rolls her eyes, giving Jennie Kim a glare as the girl brushes her hair over her shoulder with a smirk.

 

“The way I would slap the crayola off her face one day.”

 

“Okay Chipmunk chillax.” Jisoo puts a hand over Chaeyoung’s hand, “The poor fork didn’t do anything.” Jisoo chuckles and Chaeyoung relaxes.

 

“What happened anyways?”

 

“Nothing, let’s just move on.” Chaeyoung rolls her eyes.

 

“I’m so going to win.” Lisa mouths to Jisoo as their blonde best friend happily devours her lunch.

 

This is already the 4th time the universe pulls Jennie and Chaeyoung together, but something always causes them to break apart which then causes the memories they have of each other to fade away. Themselves and everyone forgetting they ever even loved one another. Well almost everyone that is.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

-Flashback - Middle School: The first time-

 

“Watch it Park.” Jennie glares as Chaeyoung softly apologizes, “Sorry.” Running away before she can face the wrath of the school’s queen bee: Jennie Kim.

 

“Chae what’s with the frown?” Lisa asks.

 

“I ran into Jennie.”

 

“Jennie??”

 

“Mhm. It was an accident though.”

 

“We told you to be careful of her..” Jisoo says, all their eyes on Jennie’s table. The shorter girl surrounded by her usual clique.

 

“Trust me I am!” Chaeyoung shakes her head in defeat.

 

“I guess it doesn’t help that you guys have almost every class together.” Lisa gives the brunette a sorry smile.

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Park Chaeyoung.” Lisa and Jisoo corner the brunette outside the school gates.

 

“Yes?”

 

“What the hell happened this past month??”

 

“Uh what?” Chaeyoung looks at her two friends confused.

 

“You can’t hide it from us..we saw you two.”

 

“Saw who?”

 

“You and Jennie Kim!” Lisa whisper shouted.

 

“Oh.” Chaeyoung gives her friends an awkward chuckle.

 

“Yeah oh. So??”

 

“We’re friends.” Chaeyoung admits.

 

“Nu-uh I don’t think so.” Jisoo shakes her head, “you looked awfully too close to be just friends.”

 

“Mr. Choi paired us up for the econ project that’s it. And she’s really not that bad.”

 

“Alright we’ll let it go, just because class is about to start.”

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Don’t even think about it Park.” Jennie glares, but a paint covered Chaeyoung keeps coming closer and closer.

 

“Think about what? I just want a hug Jen.” Chaeyoung says in a sickenly sweet voice.

 

“You can get one when you have clean clothes.”

 

“It’s just a little paint.”

 

“Rosie.” Jennie runs, but Chaeyoung’s long legs catch her.

 

“Gotchu.” She wraps her arms around Jennie causing the girl to squeal, “You’re so cute Jen.” Chaeyoung purposely put her paint stained hands on Jennie’s cheeks.

 

“Hmmph I hate you.” Jennie huffs.

 

“I know you love me.” Chaeyoung teases.

 

“Whatever.” Jennie rolls her eyes.

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Rosie.” Jennie pops up from behind Chaeyoung, making her jump a bit.

 

“Goodness Jen you scared me.”

 

“Good morning.” Jennie eyes Lisa who was holding onto Chaeyoung’s arm.

 

“Who’s Rosie?” Lisa whispers to Jisoo, “I don’t know.”

 

“Uhm Morning Jen.” Chaeyoung gulps, she didn’t understand why, but she was very much scared at this moment.

 

“Oh it’s Chae..where the hell did Rosie come from?” Lisa whispers to Jisoo again, slightly cowering when Jennie eyes her again.

 

“Hi Jennie. I’m Jisoo, Chaeyoung’s best friend.” Jisoo speaks up, since her two trees are too rooted in place to speak, “And this is Lisa.” Jisoo notices Jennie glancing at Lisa's arm so she pulls the girl towards her.

 

“Hey! Why am I just Lisa? I’m Chipmunk’s best friend.” Lisa turns to Jisoo.

 

“Ha who says? I’m Chae’s best friend. We’ve known each other longer.”

 

“It was a day!” Lisa turns to Chaeyoung looking like she’s about to cry, “Chong-ah tell Chu!”

 

“You guys we’re best friends, stop being so childish.” Chaeyoung shakes her head, while Jennie begins to chuckle, “You guys are funny.”

 

“Oh we made Jennie Kim laugh.” Jisoo comments.

 

“And why do you call her Rosie?” Lisa asks.

 

“Since we’re friends.” Jennie smiles, “Anyways, I’ll see you later Rosie. It’s nice to meet you two.”

 

“Uhm what just happened?” Lisa blinks a few times after Jennie disappeared in the crowd.

 

“I don’t know..but.” Jisoo motions to Chaeyoung, who’s eyes were still glued to the direction, “it’s definitely more than what they say.”

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Okay what happened?” Jisoo asks while hugging the crying girl.

 

“We fought and she said that she doesn’t want to be friends anymore.”

 

“Friends?” Lisa and Jisoo look at each other.

 

“Yeah...I told you she was my friend.”

 

“Yeah..just..uh..” Lisa stutters.

 

“What Lili is trying to say, is it’ll be fine. I’m sure by tomorrow you and Jennie will be fine.”

 

~ ~ ~

 

-Present Time-

 

“You really think it’ll be endgame this time?” Lisa asks her girlfriend while they enjoy a quiet evening in.

 

“Of course. I have had faith in them since middle school.”

 

“Middle school?? Babe we were children then! We didn’t even realize they were acting more than friends or even had feelings like that..until after the fight.”

 

“Yeah and then remember that’s how we found out that our memories don’t get erased like everyone else’s?”

 

“Please don’t remind me. I was legit so confused why Chae didn’t remember what happened the night before.”

 

“I know you almost cried.” Jisoo began to laugh.

 

“Shut up. I was so lost, because how come only we remembered.”

 

“It’s rare to remember events that our brains are wired to forget.”

 

“I know but like, aren't you curious why everyone’s memories get erased after people breakup? Like isn’t that a weird concept? What if they just wanted a break and not a breakup? Also, don’t you think it’s better...to learn from heartbreak.”

 

“I don’t know Lili. I try not to question things anymore. This is how our world works and I guess our ancestors got their hearts broken one too many times and this is how we evolved. And maybe learning from heartbreak would help, but imagine the pain of one?”

 

“I guess..”

 

“Also, don’t you think it’s interesting.”

 

“What is?”

 

“Watching this will they or won’t they game the universe has set-up for Chaeyoung and Jennie.”

 

“Okay not gonna lie it kinda is...just cause I know by the next morning Chaeyoung forgets the pain and heartbreak.”

 

“Hmm..now what do you think would happen if we were...to you know..” Jisoo motions to the two of them.

 

“Nope nope nope, don’t go there. What if I actually forget??” Lisa cuddles into Jisoo like a cat.

 

“Alright alright I was just kidding.” Jisoo chuckles,kissing the top of Lisa’s head, “I’m not going anywhere.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Oh someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.” Jisoo comments seeing Chaeyoung looking very much ready to chew someone’s head off.

 

“It’s just Jennie mfing Kim ruining things like always.”

 

“Uh...what? How??”

 

“She came to see me at the studio.”

 

“Oh??”

 

“Yeah apparently, Teddy is in talks with the Kims for expansion of the label.”

 

“You have got to be kidding us?!” Jisoo and Lisa look at each other, trying to control their facial expressions.

 

“For how long will Jennie Kim torment my life?!”

 

“Yeah bet you’ll be singing a different tune in a few weeks.” Lisa says under her breath.

 

“Say something Lis?”

 

“Nothing, but you know Chae...Jennie might not be as bad as you think.” Jisoo speaks up, giving Lisa a knowing smirk.

 

“Yah that’s cheating babe.” Lisa says, but quickly clamps shut.

 

“Huh? What’s cheating?”

 

“Nothing...just, give her a chance, Chipmunk she might surprise you.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

-Flashback - High School: The 2nd Time-

 

“Oh falling for me already Park?” Jennie smirks, as she holds Chaeyoung by the waist to stop the girl from face planting onto the ground.

 

“Let go of me Kim.” Chaeyoung huffs.

 

“Not even a thank you?”

 

“Let go of me.” Chaeyoung says again.

 

“I don’t want to.” Jennie whispers into the taller girl’s ears.

 

“You’re so annoying you know that?” Chaeyoung pulls away from Jennie’s grip.

 

“Now I do.” Jennie continues to tease.

 

“Just...leave me alone Jennie.” Chaeyoung sighs, walking away from the shorter girl.

 

“No way.” Jennie says with a small smile.

 

Meanwhile, Chaeyoung finally catches up with Jisoo and Lisa who already know what caused the dark aura their best friend is currently emitting.

 

“Jennie.” The two stated.

 

“How’d you guys know?”

 

“You had the vibes.”

 

“So what happened now?”

 

“Well I was walking and tripped, but she caught me.”

 

“Okay?? And how did that cause you to be so annoyed?”

 

“It would have been fine if she didn’t use a lame line on me too.”

 

“Oh a line~” Jisoo and Lisa chorused in a teasing tone.

 

“Shut up, why is she so insufferable? Like in middle school we paid no attention to each other, but why is she like a mushroom popping up everywhere now?”

 

“I don’t know Chae...but I don’t think she’s that bad. She’s actually changed a lot since middle school.”

 

“Changed? Her? Please, she’s still the same self-centered brat.”

 

“Just give her time.” Jisoo smirks.

 

~ ~

 

“See we told you to give her time.” Jisoo teases Chaeyoung, playfully elbowing her.

 

“Shut up Chu.” Chaeyoung gives a playful glare at her best friend, “We’re friends.”

 

“Mhm..sure.”

 

“Rosie!” Jennie smiles, running towards the taller brunette giving her a tight hug, “Morning.”

 

“Morning Jen.” Chaeyoung chuckles, returning the hug.

 

“Okay if you two lovebirds are done. Lisa’s already at the cafeteria.” Jisoo speaks up, causing the two to awkwardly pull apart.

 

“Right..we better go then.” Chaeyoung smiles, her hand automatically finding Jennie’s, “C’mon.” She tugs the girl with her towards the cafeteria, while Jisoo watches.

 

“Rosie..huh. Interesting.” Jisoo nods, a knowing smile on her lips.

 

~ ~ ~

 

-Present Time-

 

“Alright so Chaeyoung here is our..”

 

“Your only producer, graduated top of her class at Yonsei, and currently has 20 or was it 25 awards under her belt.”

 

“Uh yeah.” Teddy chuckles at the younger girl in front of him, “You know a lot about her.”

 

“Yeah well we go way back right Chae?” Jennie smiles at Chaeyoung, who politely returns the gesture.

 

“That’s great! Chae you can show Ms. Kim how we run things here. I’ve heard that you are especially interested in music, is that right?”

 

“Yes...it’s a source of comfort for me.” Jennie nods.

 

“Really?” Chaeyoung speaks up for the first time during the official meeting of Blacklabel’s expansion.

 

“Yeah..” Jennie’s tone was soft, and it tugged on the blonde’s heartstrings a bit.

 

“Well if you need to come here to relax…” Chaeyoung pauses, “You’re more than welcome to.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

“Alright well with that said. We look forward to your cooperation Ms. Kim.”

 

“Of course.” Jennie and Teddy shake hands.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Oh someone looks extra smiley today.” Lisa lightly elbows Chaeyoung while the two are walking Hank and Dalgom around the park.

 

“What are you talking about.”

 

“C’mon Chipmunk you can’t deny it. Chu and I see how happy you’ve been these past few weeks. Hmm is cat-eyed girl the reason?”

 

“Jennie?! No way!” Chaeyoung denies making an X with her arms.

 

“I didn’t even mention a name.”

 

“Why are we friends again?”

 

“Hey!”

 

“But seriously though, what’s up with you two?”

 

“Nothing, we’re friends.” Chaeyoung replies.

 

“Yeah heard that before.” Lisa mumbles under her breath, taking every ounce of her self control to not roll her eyes.

 

“Huh?”

 

“I said, I’m glad you guys are friends. It’ll make working together easier.”

 

“Yeah...she’s not that bad..you guys were right.”

 

“Told ya.” Lisa chuckles, “Now let’s head back, it looks like it’ll rain soon.” Lisa motioned to the gray clouds that are slowly beginning to block the sun.

 

“Oh yeah, it’s getting late too. I promised I’d pick Jen up for dinner tonight.” Chaeyoung says before running off towards the parking lot with Hank by her side.

 

“Maybe this time might be it.” Lisa watches Chaeyoung run off with a soft smile, “C’mon Dalgommie, let’s go home to your mommy.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“So what did you want to talk about Jisoo?” Jennie asks, taking a sip of her tea.

 

“Rosie.” Jisoo stated, watching as Jennie stiffened for a moment.

 

“Who’s Rosie?” Jennie asks, placing the teacup on the table.

 

“C’mon Jennie, you really can’t fool me. You’re not very good at pretending you know.”

 

“Jisoo I really have no idea what you’re talking about.”

 

“Lisa and I have watched this thing between you two 3 now 4 times. At first I thought the universe must really hate you two for it to always be bringing you together only to pull you apart again...but I realized something...with you.”

 

Jennie stays silent letting the other girl talk.

 

“You always call her Rosie...each time.” Jisoo pauses, taking a sip of her own tea, letting Jennie digest everything she just said.

 

“Rosie? Pfft?” Jennie stifles a laugh.

 

“You can keep the facade up Jen...but,” Jisoo stares deeply into Jennie’s eyes, “What would you do if fate brought someone else into her life?”

 

~ ~

 

“Was I bit to slow this time? Did you already find someone new Rosie?” Jennie asks, taking out the photo she’s kept with her since middle school, “If you did..then..what do I call you now?”

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/n: Allo...I have no idea what direction I’m going with this but the idea is:

 

An AU where whenever you breakup your memories get erased...but what if you keep finding your way back to each other?

 

Based off of that Chaennie twitter edit.

 

Also..trying not to make it too angsty..something light y’know.

 

Anyways..here’s part 1.

 

Let me know what y'all think.

 

Also that Fearless collection...we thinking about it. But let’s see.