First Place -To the Finish Line-

Chaennie Collections vol 2.

I can lose it all, but the one thing that I can’t lose is her…too bad I already did. Now what?

Now what...I’ve been asking myself this since that day in Santorini..now what. I know I’ve got to move on..but 2 years later and I’m still dreaming of Rosie’s smile.

 

“Jen...Jen..Jen..Jen.”

 

“Hey Jennie.” I’m harshly pulled out of my thoughts by my ex-wife, “You okay?”

 

“Rene hey..yeah sorry..I..” I trail off, feeling slightly disoriented...forgetting that we were having lunch together.

 

“You, Jennie Kim, are most certainly not okay.”

 

“I am fine.” I say more sternly, trying to convince her.

 

“Okay..if you say.”

 

“I really am, so you all can stop asking me everytime.”

 

“Alright...fine.” Irene sighs loudly.

 

“Thank you.” I smile.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“So...you’re really going?” Jisoo asks, leaning on the doorframe, arms crossed while I continue to pack.

 

“Mhm.” I nod, giving her a small smile.

 

“For good?”

 

“Mhm.”

 

“Okay.” Jisoo settles on my bed.

 

“Okay...that’s all you have to say?” I turn to her with a raised brow.

 

“Were you expecting me to say anything else?”

 

“In a way I was expecting you to give me the whole ‘don't run away from your problems talk.’”

 

“Hmmm so you feel like you're running away?” Jisoo asks, and I pause.

 

Am I?

 

“I… well...I don’t know, maybe?” I stop, sitting next to Jisoo on my bed.

 

“Maybe….” Jisoo mumbles and she stares at me inquisitively, silently asking me why.

 

“I guess it just feels like I need to be here and leaving is me just running away..”

 

“You feel like you need to be here?” Jisoo looks at me with a frown.

 

“What’s with the frown?”

 

“Do you want me to be honest?”

 

“So this is the ‘don’t run away talk.’”

 

“No, this is the ‘stop wallowing in your guilt talk.’”

 

“Guilt? What guilt?” I shake my head with a light chuckle.

 

“Jennie.”

 

“Jisoo.”

 

“I’m serious though...you need to stop feeling so guilty.”

 

“But I don’t have anything to feel guilty about.”

 

“Right...but you feel like moving to Prague is running away somehow..and I know that you know exactly what it is that’s making you feel like that.” She gives me a pointed stare.

 

“Humor me then..what’s making me feel like that.”

 

“Rosie.” Jisoo says so matter of factly, I couldn’t even deny it.

 

“Your silence means I’m right.” Jisoo stares at me and I feel myself shrinking under her gaze.

 

“I just feel like I need to stay here...to stay in the place where I hurt her so that I can always be reminded that I don’t deserve her..I never did.”

 

“Jen..” Jisoo drapes an arm over my shoulder, “It wasn’t entirely your fault. She decided to stay.”

 

“But I also pushed her away..I pushed her away and now I can’t see her anymore.”

 

“Why can’t you see her anymore?”

 

“Because...I said my goodbye.”

 

“Jen?” Jisoo looks even more worried now than before.

 

“That night…” I pause, the memory of that night coming back, “In Santorini..I promised myself to be nothing to Rosie. Our last memory…” I trailed off, “My last memory will always be of her looking so beautiful under the moonlight. She was always glowing...Rosie..”

 

“Here..let me help.” Jisoo gets up and starts packing the clothes I had left.

 

“Thanks.” I gave her a small smile, understanding what she wanted to say with that gesture.

 

~ ~ ~

 

-3 years later; 3rd Person POV-

 

“Roseanne.”

 

“Talia.” Roseanne looks up at her friend with a small smile.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“Hmm..Why wouldn’t I be?” Roseanne looks out, avoiding Talia’s eyes.

 

“You tell me. I can’t read your mind Rosie.” Talia chuckles, lightly bumping Roseanne with her arm.

 

“Well I think I’m okay.”

 

“You think?” Talia raises a brow at her friend.

 

“Μάτια που δε βλέπονται, γρήγορα λησμονιούνται.” Talia quickly says, catching Roseanne off guard.

 

“Eyes that are not seen are easily forgotten.” Roseanne translates, her eyes questioning why her friend suddenly brought up the idiom.

 

“I just wanted to remind you.”

 

“Jiyeon and I already talked about the past..I’ve forgiven her.”

 

“Right, but this isn’t about Jiyeon.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Jennie.”

 

“Jennie.” Roseanne says the name back..finding it nostalgic to say her name.

 

“You miss her right?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“You have that look.”

 

“Look?”

 

“Hmm that look you had when I first saw you out here.” Talia says, pulling her knees up so she can lay her head on her arms.

 

“What kind of look is that?”

 

“The same look Jennie also had when I first saw her out here.” Talia pointedly says, Roseanne whipping her head towards her friend, a questioning brow raised.

 

“Saudade..it’s the perfect description of those eyes.” Talia answers the unsaid question.

 

“Saudade...what’s that supposed to mean?”

 

“A nostalgic longing to be near someone that is distant.” Talia answers, “It’s what both your eyes were saying..actually no..it was more like yelling.” Talia chuckles lightly.

 

“Yelling huh..”

 

“Mhm..it was kinda interesting watching that look leave your eyes.”

 

“I’m sensing a but.”

 

“But, I noticed that look come back after Jennie left that night. Then that thing with Jiyeon happened and now we’re here.”

 

“Yeah now we’re here…” Roseanne sighs.

 

Talia sits with her friend, silently letting her know that she’s there whenever she’s ready to talk.

 

“Did I ever tell you what really drew me to Greece?” The blonde finally speaks up after a long silence draped over the two.

 

“Hmm..I can’t say you have no.” Talia shakes her head, “You’ve never really opened up that part of yourself to anyone here.”

 

“Right..that’s true.”

 

“And we didn’t want to pry because if you wanted to, you would have told us.”

 

“Thank you.” Roseanne smiles at her friend, a genuine one for the first time in a while.

 

“Jennie loves the sky, especially the night sky. Whenever she has troubles she would always try and find a place where she can perfectly see the sky. I asked her about it once but she didn’t answer..she just smiled and told me that it was her own secret.” Roseanne begins..her mind wandering back to that time.

 

Flashback - Rosie’s POV


 

“Jen..can I ask, why do you like the sky so much?”

 

“I don’t.” Jennie replies without hesitation.

 

“You do.” I put my brush down, knowing that Jennie’s going to try and steal a peek at my senior art project again, “I’m always looking at you so I noticed.”

 

“So your eyes are always on me.” Jennie gives me a playful wink and I roll my eyes at her, trying to act annoyed, when in fact it’s true...my eyes are only ever on her.

 

“It’s a secret.” Jennie speaks up, while getting up from the stool she sat on.

 

“I thought we don’t have any secrets?”

 

“Can this be the exception?” Jennie asks with a small pout.

 

“I guess…” I agree, since I have my own secret as well, “But if you take one more step..” I warn her..noticing how close she’s gotten.

 

“What? I’m just standing here.” She acts innocent.

 

“Okay then..” I have a teasing smile on my face, while I wipe my paint smeared hands on my smock, slowly making my way towards the sneaky dumpling.

 

“Rosie..you better not do what I know you’re thinking of doing.”

 

“What do you mean Jen?”

 

“Roseanne.”

 

“What Jennie?”

 

“I’m serious Roseanne Park Chaeyoung.”

 

“I’m not doing anything..I’m just standing here.” I mock, a step away from her.

 

“Rosie! I’m serious, don't even think about taking anot… YAH!” Jennie yells at me while trying to get away from my grasp, “Look now there’s paint all over me!” Jennie whines cutely and I let go, “I’m sorry..hmm but that’s my hoodie though.” I raise a brow noticing that she’s in my hoodie.

 

“What do you mean? This is my hoodie dork...we have matching ones.”

 

“We do...but..” I reach for the left sleeve, “Mine has a slight bleach stain from a chem lab.” I showed her the tiny spot, with a smug smile, “you stealin my clothes again Jen?”

 

“No...I thought thi..”

 

“It’s fine,” I interrupt her, “it looks better on you anyways..so keep it.”

 

“Who says I want yours.” Jennie playfully rolls her eyes, but I know she really wants it..she has a thing for my hoodies.

 

“Just keep that one..and I’ll take yours. That way I’d get one without the stain.”

 

“Tch whatever Rosie. I gotta go..my parents are asking me to go to some dinner tonight.”

 

“Oh..really now.”

 

“Stop with that eyebrow thing. I’ll see you at our spot tonight.” Jennie says, trying to peek at my painting which I block.

 

“Aww c’mon why can’t I see!”

 

“Not yet Jen...plus you’ll be late to dinner if you don’t go now.”

 

“It literally takes a second for you to show me.”

 

“Jennie.” I say her name with an authoritative tone.

 

“Tch fine fine. Don’t forget about tonight Rosie.” Jennie waves a hand and she disappears.

 

My eyes look back at my painting of the view from our spot at night.

 

“I hope you’ll love this.” I smile, picturing my favorite smile of hers..the toothless one where one eye closes just a tad bit more than the other..her most genuine smile..the smile that she gives me before breaking out into her wide gummy smile.

 

~ end flashback~

 

“So did you ever give her the painting?”

 

“No..” Roseanne shakes her head.

 

“Why not?”

 

“I don’t know. I chickened out I guess.” Roseanne chuckles, realizing that she always chickened out when admitting her feelings for Jennie out loud.

 

“I see..and how does this relate to Greece?”

“The sky is clearer here, the nights are filled with stars..more than what you see in bigger cities. And wherever you go..there’s always a clear view of the sky.”

 

“Ahh...so this was kind of your way of being close to some part of her.” Talia guesses and Roseanne nods.

 

“I didn’t want to leave her, but she was still married at the time and I just..got tired of waiting for her to realize that I’ve always been right here.”

 

“Have you ever told her about your feelings?”

 

“When I couldn’t take it I would confess while she slept or when she wasn’t looking...but she found out and when I found out she knew she said that she didn’t want to lose me.” Roseanne lets out a bitter laugh, “Maybe it would have been better if she just flat out rejected me..maybe then it would have been easier to move on..to let her go..maybe I wouldn’t have needed to come here just so I can still have some sort of reminder that we’re both still looking up at the same sky.”

 

“Rosie..” Talia pulls the now crying Roseanne in her arms.

 

“I thought she didn’t feel the same..but I was wrong..God I was so ing wrong. How can I even say that I knew her best when I didn’t realize it..I always had my eyes on her, only her..so how can I not see that she looked at me the same way?! How did I somehow push away the love of my life? And why the did she have to tell me that and then say goodbye?”

 

“Jennie’s good at it..hiding the emotions in her eyes.” Talia speaks up, “But there are moments..if you look at her carefully where she drops her shield.”

 

“How do you know that?”

 

“Because I saw the way she looked at you that night and I saw how devastated she was when I took her to the airport.”

 

“Wait what?” Roseanne looked at her friend in shock.

 

“She barely held herself together...making up some stupid business meeting she had to go to. But her eyes...they looked so heartbroken even when she tried to thank me with a smile and even more when she told me to take care of you. I just nodded my head because I knew her mind was set..even if it was killing her.” Talia let her words hang in the air for a bit, letting Roseanne take it in, hoping the blonde would realize it from her own story, but she stayed quiet, so Talia added, “You only had to let her go once, but she had to let you go twice.”

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Rosie?” Lisa’s voice sounded worried since it was still the middle of the night in Santorini.

 

“Uhm Hi.” Roseanne speaks up after a few beats pass by, “Is now a good time to talk?”

“Yeah..what’s up?” Lisa sits up from the bed, followed by Jisoo who wakes up from Lisa’s shuffling.

 

“So you see..” Roseanne tells Lisa what happened between her and Jennie in Santorini and then the conversation she had with Talia 3 days ago, “I just I don’t even know what I feel right now..it’s always going from one to another...the only constant thing is Talia’s last words that keep replaying in my mind...?”

 

“Rosie..” Lisa was speechless...looking over at Jisoo trying to find the words to say, “I’m going to put you on speaker okay...Chu’s up too.”

 

“Rosie..hey what’s going on?” Jisoo asks.

 

“Chu...did I hurt Jen?” Roseanne asks, her voice sounding hurt and confused.

 

“Rosie…” Jisoo sighs, “You were and probably still are her guiding star.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“We were in high school...Jen, being the lightweight she is, well she had a little too much of the wine..”

 

~flashback-Jisoo’s POV-

 

“Jennie...I think you’re drunk.” I laugh seeing the usually composed Jennie Kim looking anything but composed.

 

“I’m not drunk Chu..just a little buzzed.” She makes a tiny gesture while chuckling.

 

“Oh jeez, what prompted you to drink anyways.” I scold, managing to grab the glass and bottle away from her hand.

 

“....Rosie left.” Jennie says in the tiniest voice I’ve ever heard coming from her and if she wasn’t on the brink of blacking out I might have taken a video of this for later use.

 

“Left?” A small chuckle escaped my lips...of course..how could I be so oblivious.

 

“It’s not funny Chu..she’s gone and I didn’t even get to tell her how I feel.” Jennie pouts, reaching for her glass, which I had no choice but to down.

 

“Hey! That’s mine.” Jennie whines.

 

“So Rosie...she left?” I bring the conversation back on topic.

 

“Mhm..she left..last night.”

 

“Right and what is it that you wanted to tell her before she left?”

 

“Everything...From how I just want to be with her all the time, talk to her..look into her eyes...Rosie’s eyes..it’s like having an entire galaxy looking at me..I get so lost looking in them sometimes..so when I miss her or just want to feel like she’s there I like to look up at the sky...the sky! I should go look for the sky.” Jennie was rambling nonsense, suddenly getting up from the couch, “Wait..No.” I stopped her, worried she might actually end up hurting herself.

 

“Chu.. Rosie..” Jennie looks at me with puppy dog eyes, and I almost relented.

 

“So you’re in love with Rosie.” I deadpan, hoping that it would metaphorically dump cold water on her so she sobers up.

 

“Me...in love..with Rosie..” Jennie stops wiggling out of my hold and stares up at the ceiling in thought, “hmm would you look at that..I guess I am.” She smiles at me so brightly, her eyes showing honesty, despite being drunk as hell.

 

“Well that’s..”

 

“But I can’t tell her huh…”

 

“Huh?” I was lost, what happened to the Jennie that was ready to confess?

 

“It would just push her away even more...Rosie...It’s okay..being friends with Rosie..it’s great..I have her by my side..she doesn’t need to know that..I can just hide it..and maybe I’ll move on or something...I’m going to bed.” Jennie’s voice sounded defeated and I couldn’t say anything.

 

“Goodnight Chu.” Jennie says, knocking out a second later.

 

“Yeah...night…” I decided to stay the night with her.. I need to have this talk when she’s sober.

 

~End flashback~

 

“Wait, that's not the story you told me.” Lisa frowns, “You said that Jen drunkenly told you that she might have a crush on Rosie.”

 

“Because I needed you to help me push them together babe.”

 

“Then why tell us this now?” Roseanne asks.

 

“Cause I need you both to figure out whatever it is you feel for each other. Talia is right Rosie….she had to let you go twice and this ti..” Jisoo pauses, “Just figure it out. Stop hurting each other. I’m done being stuck in the middle.” Jisoo ends the call, and Lisa looks at her wife with wide eyes.

 

“They’re adults now Lisa...and both of them need to figure things out. No more meddling.” Jisoo says with finality, snuggling back into bed.

~ ~

 

“Rosie?!” Lisa blinked her eyes to make sure she wasn’t hallucinating the blonde in front of her.

 

“Hey..uhm is now a bad time?”

 

“Bad time? It’s freaking 2 am...what the hell?!”

 

“I just..couldn’t sit still..I have to talk to Jen, but when I got here..I don’t know…”

 

“Well she’s not here...so there’s that.” Jisoo pops out from behind Lisa, tying her robe shut.

 

“Jisoo.” Lisa looks at her wife from over her shoulder.

 

“Just come inside. Let’s all talk in the morning.” Jisoo gives Lisa a ‘stop-meddling’ look before retreating back into the master bedroom.

 

“Is she okay?” Roseanne asks after they both hear the bedroom shut.

 

“She’s cranky and mayhaps a tad annoyed at you.” Lisa says, leading the blonde to the guest room.

 

“Right...sorry for coming here so late..”

 

“It’s fine Rosie, no worries..just get some rest.”

 

“Okay.”

 

Morning’s breakfast was the most awkward meal Lisa’s ever had in her life. Jisoo spent the entire time glaring at Roseanne, who in turn kept her eyes on her meal, eating like a scolded child.

 

“What did I do Chu?” Roseanne finally gathers the courage to talk to the girl after they finished cleaning the dishes from breakfast.

 

“Nothing.” Jisoo replies without any hesitation and without even sparing the blonde a glance.

 

“Then what’s the issue? I didn’t do anything.” Roseanne frowned, wondering why Jisoo seemed so lowkey annoyed or maybe even angry at her.

 

“No, the problem is you did nothing. And I tried to understand that… I did..and for a while there I thought ‘ah she’s really serious about Rene.’ but you know what, after you decided to leave..that Jennie came back..I saw her again..the Jennie that had to let you go in uni. The one that tried to convince herself that she wasn’t in-love with you. The Jennie who hid it all because she didn’t want to lose you. I asked her why she was so convinced that she was in love with Irene, but she didn’t answer. Because it all comes back to you Roseanne. You kept pushing her to Irene so much...you think she looked at Irene like she did you? God Rosie, open your goddamn eyes and stop playing the victim here. You convinced yourself so much that she didn’t look at you the same that you ended up blinding yourself.” Jisoo ended her voice stern, but not raised. Jisoo was done with all of this. She was done watching two people she cares so much about keep hurting, and she was especially done with watching Jennie be the bad guy in this story.

 

“Babe..” Lisa spoke softly, she’s never seen Jisoo blow up like that..she was so composed, but her tone delivered her frustration perfectly.

 

“Jisoo you know I…” Roseanne trails off, she wasn’t sure what to say..should she defend herself? Or?

 

“There’s multiple sides of a story..and depending on who’s point of view it’s told from, it can change your perception. I didn’t want to blow up at you like that Rosie..but I’m frustrated you know...Like you already left and then Jennie too…” Jisoo’s voice softened and her gaze towards Roseanne softened as well.

 

“What do you mean by ‘Jennie too’ ?” Roseanne asks with a frown.

 

“Oh...well it’s just as I said, Jen’s gone...it’s been a few years now..” Jisoo says in a soft, melancholic voice. But to the blonde in front of her it didn’t sound right.

 

“A few years?!” Roseanne stands up, “no no no no no.” she starts to mumble.

 

“Jen..” Rosesanne slumps back down, tears now falling freely. She can’t accept what Jisoo said..how come no one told her?

 

“Mhm….” Jisoo nods, but frowns when she sees Roseanne practically breaking down on their couch, “Rosie hey what’s wrong?” The married couple squish their friend in between.

 

“She can’t be gone.”

 

“It’s been 3 years, but it’s okay she’ll be back.”

 

“Huh?” Roseanne was confused.

 

“Yeah she moved away. What are you thinking of?” Lisa caught on and stopped herself from teasing the blonde.

 

“Nothing..I just..” Roseanne tried to act nonchalant, but Jisoo also caught on, and unlike Lisa she couldn’t help but to ask, “Did you think she died or something?”

 

“What? No, I’m not stupid..”

 

“Right okay..” the married couple couldn’t stop the small chuckles.

 

“GUYS! I really didn’t!”

 

“Right right, you just cried because she moved away and you’re in the wrong country.”

 

“Shut up.”

 

“Oh God, I didn’t even realize. I’m…”Lisa was now clutching her stomach laughing.

 

“Can you guys just tell me where she is?”

 

“Nope.” Jisoo shakes her head.

 

“Huh?!”

 

“I won’t tell you that because maybe whatever Ross and Rachel things you guys have going on needs to end. I wanted her with Joey anyways.”

 

“Ross? Rachel? Who the hell is Joey?”

 

“It’s a Friends reference Rosie...but seriously though what are you going to do? Chase after her? Tell her your feelings and then you two live happily ever after?”

 

“I mean…”

 

“This isn’t a kdrama Roseanne..life doesn’t play out like that. You can’t just show up at her front door under the rain and fix things.”

 

“Well then what am I supposed to do?”

 

“Just let her be.”

 

“What do you mean let her be. I can’t just do that. We might have a chance this time.”

 

“I don’t want you to go over there for a measly chance.I want this to be it. The endgame. The finish line.”

 

“So how do I do that if you won’t tell me where she is?”

 

“Because I want to give her more time..to make sure.”

 

“Make sure what?”

 

“To make sure that she’s had enough time to figure things out..to see if you really are still who she wants.”

 

“Why? Why would you want that? What if she actually moves on???”

 

“Well then going there would mean you were going for a chance.”

 

“If she’s still into you..when I tell you where she is then well..you’re going to cross that finish line. You two will be endgame.”

 

“Chu’s right Rosie...there’s so much history between you guys and Jen already..that I feel like this really it...Whatever happens now it’s like the end..that’s it period. It’ll just be too much for both of you.”

 

~ ~ ~

 

It was 4 months later when Jisoo randomly handed Roseanne a sticky note with the word Prague and that evening Roseanne was on a one way flight to finally get her girl.

 

Meanwhile, Jennie’s life in Prague is totally different from her life in Melbourne. She keeps a low profile, working from home, just trying to find a way to fill the gaping hole she has in her heart.

 

“Bonjour Jennie!” a thick French accent greeted Jennie while the girl was trying to enjoy a relaxing day at the park.

 

“Hello Lucien.” Jennie smiles at the older gentleman often playing his guitar at the park just near her condo.

 

“Another beautiful day no?”

 

“Hmm..I don’t know yet..But the weather is nice.” Jennie nods.

 

“I see..did you have a hard time sleeping again?” The older gentleman gives Jennie a knowing look.

 

“Just how do you know that?” Jennie asks, she made extra sure that she covered her dark circles.

 

“I have lived a long time, I can tell these things.”

 

“Is it that or is it your background in psychology?”

 

“Ah touché.” Lucien gives a hearty laugh.

 

“Lucien...can I ask you a question?”

 

“Was that not it?”

 

“I’m serious.” Jennie sits down next to Lucien.

 

“I kid I kidd, what is it?”

 

“What brought you to Prague from France?”

 

“Hmm..escape.”

 

“Escape huh.”

 

“Cowardly right?” Lucien looks at Jennie with a sad glint in his eyes.

 

“Well it depends...did it help you?” Jennie asks, oddly relating to Lucien.

 

“Hmm if it did, maybe I would have gone back to France...but look at me 30 years later still here. With my guitar.” Lucien watches Jennie carefully, “If you keep staring at my guitar like that it might just melt.” Lucien pulls Jennie from her little trance.

 

“Sorry..I just..yeah.” Jennie awkwardly chuckles.

 

“He was my first love...but at the time, when we were going through all that it just felt a little too much. So I stopped fighting and ran away. How about you? What brought you to this city?”

 

“Kinda the same thing as you..” Jennie admits, looking up at the sky with a soft smile, “But I also wanted to free myself from missing her.”

 

“Is it working?”

 

“I don’t know…”

 

“Do you want it to work?”

 

“I don’t know…”

 

“Well what do you know then.” Lucien asks, suppressing a small chuckle.

 

“I know my name.” Jennie jokes.

 

“Well that’s one thing.” Lucien nods, understanding that Jennie would rather not talk about it.

 

“It is, right?” Jennie laughs along, feeling a bit lighter, “Thanks.” She gets up, her mind seemingly made.

 

“Prosím.” Lucien waves goodbye.

 

~ ~

 

“Chu!” Jennie happily answers the facetime call from Jisoo, “Jendeuk!”

 

“What’s up?” Jennie asks, getting settled in bed.

 

“Just wondering what you were up to...you’ve been radio silent on me.” Jisoo pouts.

 

“Aww sorry Chu, I’ve just been busy is all. What’s going on anyways? Finally decided to join the divorcee club?”

 

“HEY!” Lisa’s voice was heard in the background.

 

“I’m just kidding Lisa.” Jennie laughs heartily, and Jisoo almost cried because it’s been so long since she’s heard Jennie laugh like that.

 

“Yeah babe she’s kidding.” Jisoo laughs.

 

“Just say you hate me and go.” Lisa plops next to Jisoo on the couch.

 

“You know I love you Lili..so for real, why’d you guys call?”

 

“We miss your face..and also just checking in yknow.” Lisa was very obvious that they called for other intentions.

 

“Hmmm..really now.”

 

“Why’d you have to be so obvious?” Jisoo nudges Lisa.

 

“Ah...I was caught off guard by the question.” Lisa replies.

 

“Okay you two, what’s going on?”

 

“If you don’t know yet then..wait where are you?” Jisoo frowns, the room did not look like Jen’s room in Prague.

 

“Oh I’m in LA.”

 

“LA..” Jisoo and Lisa say it together with a nod, “WAIT LA?!” They both yell out together.

 

“When did you go to LA?”

 

“Last month.”

 

“LAST MONTH?!”

 

“Mhm..I just needed a change of pace.”

 

“Again?”

 

“Just kidding. I’ve been here for a few days.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I talked to Lucien.”

 

“Park grandpa?”

 

“Yes, park grandpa.” Jennie chuckles at the ridiculous nickname Lisa gave her older companion.

 

“So what did he tell you for you to suddenly fly to LA without telling anyone?”

 

“Lucien knows.”

 

“He doesn’t count.” Both Jisoo and Lisa say together

 

“He so does.”

 

“No.”

 

“Yes.”

 

“No.”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Jen, stop deflecting.”

 

“I just...I need to find my own answer.”

 

“To?”

 

“Do I want it to work?”

 

“For what to work?”

 

“Whatever it is I’m trying to do.”

 

“Okay.” The two nod in understanding, “Just be careful.”

 

“I will...but I gotta go it’s getting pretty late here.”

 

“Right..okay goodnight Jen.”

 

After the call ended, Jisoo turned to Lisa with a regretful face, “Maybe they missed their last shot.”

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Roseanne.” Lisa calls the blonde a few days after that call with Jennie, “Where are you now?”

 

“LA.” The girl answers groggily.

“LA?! Why are you in LA?”

 

“Not in Prague...Talia...talk tomorrow..” Roseanne says before dozing off again.

 

“What’d she say?” Jisoo asks.

 

“She’s in LA.” Lisa says almost unbelievably.

 

“So the two of them..in LA.”

 

“You think they have a chance of running into each other? It’s a fairly big city.”

 

“I think the universe is also rooting for them.” Lisa smiles, stealing a kiss from Jisoo lips.

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Okay Talia.. Wh….” Roseanne’s voice dies when she notices a familiar brunette seemingly enjoying brunch alone.

 

“Go talk to her.” Talia follows Roseanne’s gaze, a soft smile on her face.

 

“I don’t know...what if she’s not really alone.”

 

“Rosie...you thought she was in Prague and somehow you catch a glimpse of her across the street in LA...I think it’s safe to say that besides everyone else around you, the universe is also trying to help.”

 

“Alright..but are you..”

 

“I’ll be fine, I told Nick I’ll go see him anyways.” Talia subtly pushes the blonde towards the cafe.

 

“Okay.” Roseanne smiles, her eyes still on her.

 

“Kali tihi Rosie.” Talia whispers goodluck, hoping the two finally find their way back to each other.

 

~

 

“Is this seat taken?” Roseanne asks..voice shaking just a tad.

 

“Rosie..” Jennie couldn’t believe her eyes, what was Rosie doing here of all places.

 

“Hi.” Roseanne takes the seat across from Jennie, who was still very much in disbelief.

 

“It’s been a while….uhm how are you?” The blonde tries to initiate a conversation.

 

“Would you like anything to order?” A waiter asks, his timing impeccable as Jennie was still keeping mum.

 

“I’m okay, thank you..” Roseanne briefly turns her attention to the waiter.

 

“Okay, and would you like a refill?” The man motions towards Jennie’s empty mug.

 

“No, thank you. But I would like the bill please.”

 

“Right away.” The waiter gives a warm smile before walking away, leaving the two alone again.

 

“Jennie.”

 

“Let’s go for a walk.” Jennie suggests.

 

“A walk? Where?”

 

“Let’s just see where we end up.” Jennie gives a small smile.

 

“Okay..” Roseanne nods, her anxiety building as the two wait for the bill in silence.

 

~ ~

 

“How are you?” Jennie asks as the two begin to walk aimlessly around LA.

 

“I asked you first.” Roseanne replies, feeling the awkward air around them slowly dissipate.

 

“You did..” Jennie nods, “Do you want me to be honest then?”

 

“Can you? I promise to do the same.”

 

“Then to answer your question..I’m not too sure.”

 

“Hmm?” Roseanne’s brows furrow, “Is there something going on?” She asks, worried.

 

“There seems to always be something going on with me huh...I wonder if I’ll find my peace.”

 

“Jen.” Roseanne steps in front of Jennie, stopping the girl from taking another step, “What happened?”

 

“I don’t know Rosie...”Jennie pauses.

 

“It’s okay Jen.” Roseanne assures.

 

“I told myself I want it to work.” Jennie says instead, side stepping around the girl to continue walking, “and I thought it did.”

 

“Want what to work?” Roseanne catches up.

 

“But then you showed up.” Jennie ignores Roseanne’s question, “You showed up and I realized that it’ll never work, but I need to keep trying...because I won’t survive a 3rd time.” The brunette’s words were cryptic for Roseanne..but what she did understand is Jennie pulling away even more than the first time.

 

“If you need more time and space I can give that to you..but I can’t give you up anymore Jen.” Roseanne bravely grabs Jennie’s hand, “I know it’s cliché, but Jennie it’s always going to be you.”

 

“Rosie...you know our history. I’ve hurt you so much in the past..and maybe saying my goodbye then wasn’t the smartest thing to do, but it’s been hard for me..I can only imagine what it was like for you..and I’m sorry.”

 

“No, no, no, you have nothing to be sorry for Jen..it’s me..I’m the one who didn’t notice anything...who wallowed in my own self-misery..I’m sorry Jennie. I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean..I just..”

 

“Rosie.” Jennie stops the girl by cupping her face, “We both made our mistakes.”

 

“Exactly! So can we finally learn from them and just cross the finish line?”

 

“Finish line?” Jennie asks with a raised brow.

 

“It’s this metaphor thing Chu made.” Roseanne chuckled, “But Jen..I don’t care if we take it super slow, if we have to take years to get to that finish line..I don’t care as long as we do it together. So? What do you say? Play one last game with me?” Roseanne’s eyes were so earnest and Jennie well, as always, she could never say no to Rosie.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

A/n: Hi..I asked you guys what you’d like to see and this one seemed popular..so I tried my best :)

 

Let me know what you guys think.

 

Till next time^^

 

Ciao