oo3 || blessed

the pursuit of happiness
 
03
 
blessed
"Loosen up hyung, it's only for a night. You'll see them again tomorrow," Lucas patted his friend's shoulder as Jaehyun packed up the kids' belongings. The court required the kids to stay a night under their supervision for some interview and stuffs. The next day, Jaehyun will be able to see them again in court and if he's lucky, they'll be pronounced his kids. Lucas promised him that he managed to pull some strings through his brother and parents’ name, and Jaehyun is thankful. But still, it worries him being separated from the kids.

"I'll go outside and wait for the social service worker, okay? You spend some time with them first," Lucas said before leaving the room. Jaehyun nodded as he went back to pack Sungchan's milk bottles.

Jeno looked at his beloved samchon that he had only known for a little over a week. Jaehyun samchon was his savior. He didn’t understand why he had to be separated from him.

"Samchon, I can see you tomorrow, right?" He asked worriedly as he walked towards Jaehyun. Jaehyun sighed before picking up the kid to sit him on his lap, wincing at the kid’s pitiful glassy puppy eyes.

"Of course, Jeno-ya..."

"You're not giving me back to the bad guys, right? You're not selling me?" Jeno’s lips wobble as he clutched at the front of Jaehyun’s shirt.

Jaehyun shook his head immediately.

"Here's the thing, Jeno-ya. Samchon wants to ask you something. You have to answer samchon honestly, okay? No lying, alright?"

"Okay!"

"Is Jeno happy staying with samchon?"

"Yes! Very happy!"

"Really?"

"Jeno likes samchon so much," the boy said and Jaehyun smiled.

"Samchon likes Jeno a lot too. If you can, do you want to live with samchon? Everyday?"

Jeno's eyes twinkled immediately, "I want to live with samchon forever," he hugged Jaehyun's neck and Jaehyun happily patted the boy's back.

"How about this... Is it okay if samchon took you and Sungchan as my son? That way you can live with samchon forever."

"Samchon… wants to be my appa?"

"Yes. Can samchon be Jeno and Sungchan's appa?"

Jaehyun was shocked when Jeno cried. The little boy hugged his neck tightly as he nodded.

"Is that a yes?"

Jeno nodded again.

"Tonight, you have to stay with some nice people. Samchon had to ask some people first if it is okay for samchon to be your appa. Tomorrow, samchon will pick you up again, okay? This is a gift for you. This is Mr. Bunny. If Jeno feels sad or scared, or if Jeno missed samchon, Jeno can hug Mr. Bunny, okay?" Jaehyun wiped Jeno's tears and gave him a small rabbit plushie. Jeno eyed the plushie on his lap before hugging it.

"For Jeno?"

"Yes, for Jeno. Tomorrow, samchon will pick you up okay?"
"Hyung? The workers are here," Lucas said as he popped his head in.

"These are their things, right?" Lucas pointed at the two backpacks and Jaehyun nodded solemnly. Lucas picked them up and Jaehyun stood up with Jeno still clinging onto him. With his free arm he picked Sungchan up who was babbling without a care on the bed.

He walked out and saw two social service workers standing on the doorstep.
"Jeno, see those people? They will stay with Jeno and Sungchan today. Don’t worry, they are very nice! Take care of yourself and your brother, okay?"

Jaehyun set him down and gave Sungchan a kiss on his cheeks and forehead before giving him to one of the workers.

He then knelt down to look at Jeno on his eyes. "Don't be sad, you have Mr. Bunny, okay? Samchon will be there tomorrow."

"Promise?"

"I promise. Give me your pinky," Jaehyun said and he linked his pinky with the clueless boy.

"This means we have sealed our promise. Be good okay? Samchon loves you," Jaehyun kissed the boy's forehead and gave him a tight hug before leading the boy to the kind faced worker. He waved his hand and tried his best to hold back his tears as he saw Jeno who was sniffling as he entered the car.

The car left shortly and Jaehyun felt Lucas patting his back.

"You'll meet them again, don't worry, hyung. Like I said, formalities. Trust the Wongs in this."

 

Jaehyun wiped down his face harshly. He can barely sleep last night. The past week, he had spent it huddling in the queen-sized bed with two other human beings. One that needs to be cuddled constantly and woke up at the slightest noise, and one that woke the other up and demanded for milk every several hours of the night. He's been sleep deprived but he liked that kind of sleep deprivation. Last night he simply woke up restlessly without nothing to tend to and that irked him to the bones.

He finished washing up and went to dress into a proper suit for he had to go the family court today. After making sure he already looked proper, he stepped into his car, ready to fight for anything today. Lucas had assured him that this is just for formality and he will definitely be granted their custodies but still, he's anxious.

The younger guy promised he will be there to support him and Jaehyun is thankful for that but he's still anxious. The ride to the court took half an hour, and when he arrived, he saw several parents going inside, and some going outside with their own respective children, face all happy and joyful. Maybe he'll leave the place looking like that too. Hopefully.
He entered the court and met Lucas who was talking with someone on the reception desk.
"Yukhei."

"Oh, hyung! You're here. Let's go inside. The process won't take long, I promise."

Jaehyun nodded and went inside. A female judge that looked about fifty in age sat in the front and there's a seat a few meters in front of her. A man instructed him sit there.

Lucas stayed back and gave the older guy a pat in the back, "They're yours. Learn how to chill, gosh! I mean it when I said you can trust the Wongs!"

Jaehyun smiled as he took a seat.

"Good morning, Mr. Jung."

"Morning, your honor."

"My name is Judge Liu Henghai and I will be the one handling your proposition today. Can you explain to me your intentions today?"

"Sure, your Honor. I am Jung Jaehyun, and today I would like to be granted custody to adopt two beautiful boys, Jeno and Sungchan, who had been on my foster care this past week."

"Wonderful. According to the form you've submitted, you're single. May I know the reasons why you chose to adopt at this young age?"

"Yes, your Honor. I am 28 years old right now and I think I'm old and mature enough to take care of those two boys. I met them a little over a week ago, when the older one, Jeno, came to my doorstep late at night. After bringing them to the hospital and calling the authorities, it was found that they were actually victims of illegal human trafficking. The police said these victims will be brought back to Korea and put on an adoption list. Sooner or later, these two boys would probably be adopted too, and I'd love to be the one who did it. I don't think I can handle the news of them not being adopted as soon as possible, so I'm willing to take them as my own sons."

"Great reasons. Wait a minute, the kids are on the way here and they will be sitting there," the judge said and pointed to several chairs on the corner of the room. Jaehyun waited nervously and his smile bloomed instantly when he saw Jeno being held on the hand by a lady who was also carrying Sungchan.

"Samchon!" Jeno exclaimed immediately, ready to just bolt into the arms of his most favorite man in the world but the lady told him to sit down and keep quiet.

Jaehyun gave him a little wave and Jeno waved back shyly as he hugged the bunny plushie Jaehyun gave him yesterday.

"Are you delighted to see them again?" The judge asked.

"Oh, totally, your Honor," Jaehyun answered, slightly choking because he was just overwhelmed with joy upon seeing them again.

"Last night we had asked the boy regarding his experiences under your care. One of our workers decided to record it. Would you like to see it?"

"Yes, your Honor," Jaehyun nodded immediately.

On the projector screen he saw a shaky phone-taken video being played. Jeno was on it and he was hugging the bunny plushie, clad in a striped pajamas Jaehyun bought him a few days ago. There’s a female voice, talking in a heavily accented Korean.


 
"Jeno-ya, what is that in your arms?"

"This is Mr. Bunny!"

"Oh, Mr. Bunny? Where do you get them?"

"From samchon."

"Who's samchon?"

"Jaehyun samchon. I live with him and with my dongsaeng, Sungchan!"

"Ah… really? Can you tell me about Sungchan first then?"

"Sungchan? He's my dongsaeng and he's really cute. He drinks milk all…. the time! Even at night! Samchon said he cannot eat rice like me because Sungchan didn't have teeth. But Sungchan is a very nice boy, he doesn't cry too much. He likes playing with fingers!"

"You must've loved Sungchan so much?"

"I do!"

"How about Jaehyun samchon?"

"Samchon? Umm... samchon saved me and Sungchan when I ran away from bad guys. Samchon bring me to the hospital. Samchon is a great cook! I really like his chicken, and his eggs too! Samchon also have a really, really, good voice. He always sings to make me sleepy. Samchon also give very, very, good hug! Samchon bought me clothes and food, so I love samchon so much!"

"Oh, you did?"

"Yes! Samchon said that he will become my appa too. I want him to be my appa!"

"Oh, he said that?"
"Yep!"
"Do you miss samchon?"

"I miss him so much!"
The video stopped and Jaehyun let out a smile as he wiped his tears, definitely touched by Jeno's innocent answers.

Jeno in the other side, was anxious. He saw himself on the screen. But then he saw his samchon and soon to be appa crying. His samchon is talking to an old lady in a language he didn't understand. But most of all, samchon is crying? Is the woman bad? Samchon always smiles and he has a very comforting smile, so to see his samchon crying rise up his panic level.

"Your foster son seems to like you a lot," the judge smiled warmly.

"Ah, I'm thankful that the feeling is mutual, your Honor," Jaehyun croaked as he wiped his tears.

"Alright then. I don't think I have to consider another option to this. Go get your sons."

Jaehyun nearly dropped in relief as the judge said her final sentence. He couldn't even say anything since he was already crying. A man came and gave him a form for him to sign and he was hiccupping as he signed the form.

He stood up on his weak legs and went to shake the judge's hand.

"You'll be a great father for them. Take care of them well," the old lady said and Jaehyun bowed numerous times to express his gratitude. He looked to his right where an anxious looking Jeno is staring at him.

"Jeno-ya, don't you want to go to your samchon?" The worker that accompanied him asked.

"Can I?"

"Of course! Your samchon is crying, give him a hug!" The woman smiled.

The kid took no time to run towards his samchon.
Jaehyun was about to walk to fetch him when said kid already crashed himself into his legs. He let out a laugh as he bent down to pick him up and smother him with kisses.

"Samchon! Why are you crying? Are you scared? Is the old lady mean? Do you want to hug Mr. Bunny?"

Jaehyun laughed again at the train of questions Jeno fired at him.

"Oh, no, no. I am crying because I am happy. Very, very, happy. Let's get Sungchan and go home okay?"

"Home? We go home?"

"Of course. We sealed promises yesterday, right? Jeno and Sungchan stayed here for a night and be good boys, and then Samchon will pick you up today."

Jeno beamed. Jaehyun smiled before walking to get the backpacks and his beloved smiling baby into his arms.

"Thank you for taking good care of them," he thanked the lady before pressing a kiss into Sungchan's cheek, causing the baby to burst into a fit of giggles.

"It's nothing, Mr. Jung. You guys will make a wonderful family. Want to officially seal the deal?" the woman said as she handed him the wooden hammer.

Jaehyun laughed as Jeno eyed it curiously.

"Jeno-ya, this kind lady said that if you want to officially be with me you have to knock this with this hammer. Can you do it?"

Jeno beamed and nodded.

The lady grinned before switching to Korean so Jeno could understand her.

"And hereby, I officially declare Jeno and Sungchan as the sons of Mr. Jung Jaehyun!"

She signaled Jeno to knock the hammer and he did it excitedly, causing the few people inside the room to laugh.

Jaehyun walked out with a big smile on his face and his two sons in his arms.

"I told you you're gonna get them, aren't I?" Lucas and Jaehyun grinned.

"Thanks a lot, dude. I shouldn't have underestimate the power of the Wongs. I owe you a lot. Want to come and eat lunch with us?"

"Sure. But I'm bringing Ten ge with me, so you better be ready with lots of food and explanations okay?"

Jaehyun rolled his eyes but Lucas laughed.

"Hey, he has to know. I forged his signature and use his connections for this so you have to be ready," the younger guy shrugged before getting into his own car.

Jaehyun shook his head as he set Jeno down. He unlocked his car and strapped Sungchan into the baby seat and Jeno into the child seat. After making sure all kids are strapped up and safe, he went to the driver's seat.

"Today, samchon will cook your favorite soy sauce chicken. And soup too!"

Jeno beamed gleefully from the back seat.

"Really?"

"Yes! And today, Lucas samchon and his hyung will come to join us for lunch."

"Lucas samchon?"

"Uh uh."

"Yay!"

 

Jeno decided that cooking would be his new favorite hobby. He was perched on top of the counter as he watched his samchon—now appa—cooking.

"Do you remember what this is?" Jaehyun asked as he picked up an ingredient.

"Green onion!"

"That's right!"

He continued pointing at random ingredients and kitchen utensils throughout his cooking process. Meanwhile Sungchan, the ever-happy baby, is giggling by himself on the baby bouncer while playing with his rattle toy.

"Sungchan, are you happy like your hyung?" Jaehyun turned to greet the little baby who giggled in response.

"Samchon, what is this?"

Jaehyun grinned, "This is ginger."

"Ginger,” Jeno repeated to himself before looking back at Jaehyun again.

"How does it taste?"

"If you eat just the ginger, it tastes really bad. But if you mix it with other ingredients like I did, it makes the food delicious."

Jeno nodded. Amidst their little happy cooking time, the front door opened and Jaehyun could hear the Wong siblings’ boisterous voice.

"Jaehyun had kids? What do you mean? I won't believe until I see it with my own two—WHAT?"

Sungchan immediately erupted into a cry upon hearing Ten's yelling.

Jaehyun sighed as he set Jeno down before walking to pick Sungchan up.

"Well, you just scared one of them," Jaehyun rolled his eyes.

"J-Jaehyun? They're really yours?" Ten asked as he approached his friend.

Jeno was quick to hide behind Jaehyun's legs, clearly scared by the blonde lanky figure approaching them.

"Jeno-ya, it's Lucas samchon!" Lucas entered the room and Jeno smiled. He knew Lucas already. This one is fine. No stranger danger. The other one? Big, big, stranger danger.
"You've met them? Oh gosh, Lucas! And you, Jung! I thought you were my best friend!" Ten whined.

"Stop whining, I haven't finished cooking!" Jaehyun groaned as he put on Sungchan on the baby carrier since the small baby couldn't stop crying.
Ten watched as his friend moved fluidly with a baby strapped to his chest and a small boy tailing him everywhere.

Ten took time to breathe and calm himself down before approaching them again.

"Jeno-ya, this is Ten samchon. He is my hyung," Lucas said as he bent down, pulling Ten down with him.

"Oh, so you're Jeno? Hi, I'm Ten!"

Jeno shyly waved his hand.

"Jeno-ya, how about we go set the table while Jaehyun samchon cooked? We should help him, right?" Lucas asked him again.

Jeno happily nodded.

He went back and forth to set the bowls and plates and cutlery, with the help of the Wong siblings to lift him up since he couldn't reach the table.
Food was served shortly and Lucas excused himself before coming back with a grin.

"So, Jeno. Your Jaehyun samchon told me that you eat with a spoon because you cannot use the chopsticks yet."

Jeno shyly nodded.

"Lucas samchon and Ten samchon has a gift for you! Tadaah!"

Jeno blinked his eyes at the blue thing that the Wongs gave to him, examining the weird contraptions in curiosity. Jaehyun laughed immediately.

"This, Jeno-ya, is a training chopstick to help you learn how to use chopsticks. Want me to show you how to use it?" Jaehyun asked softly and the boy nodded enthusiastically.

"There are two holes here. Put your thumb here, and your index finger here. And your other fingers went here," Jaehyun patiently guided each of Jeno's small bony fingers into their own respective positions.

"Now try moving it. Pinch, pinch!" Ten joined in and he clapped his hands when Jeno finally grasped the concept of the chopsticks.

"Try taking a bite of rice!"

The kid concentrated so hard as the three adults surrounding him gave him words of encouragement.

"I did it!" He exclaimed before putting the rice into his mouth and Jaehyun gleefully clapped before pulling him into his embrace.

"Wow, Jaehyun. You got the cutest bunch. I think your parents will be okay with this," Ten commented before he starts eating.

"I hope so," Jaehyun sighed.
A/N
The third chapter is here and the boys are finally Jaehyun's! All thanks to Wong Ten and Wong Lucas ;) And yes, Ten is the same age as Jaehyun in this story._. (((it's hard when you only have 2 97liners in one group asdfghjkl)))
and where's Yerim you said? Oh, she'll come laaaaater on. sooon. for now, let's enjoy jaehyun's moments with his newly acquired sons, shall we? ;))
Love, btfg <3