Chapter 2 "You Again?"

My Turn

Monday morning…

 

*Sawyer enters Starship High with Wonjin

 

Sawyer: I’m scared Wonjin ah. What if I don’t fit in here?

 

Wonjin: Relax nuna, you’ll make friends in no time. Besides you have us.

 

Sawyer: You’re right. 

 

Wonjin: I’ll see you after school, nuna.

 

Sawyer: See you. 

 

*Sawyer takes a deep breath and heads inside the teacher’s lounge.

 

Principal: Your homeroom teacher is Mr. Park. Mr. Park, you have a new student. I’m sure you would get along just fine here.

 

Sawyer: Thank you *bows*

 

Mr. Park: You’re Sawyer Kim, right? 

 

Sawyer: Yes that’s me.

 

Mr. Park: I see. Well you’re assigned to my class, class 3-4. But I need someone to tour you around the school for the day.

 

*Just then Serim enters the teacher’s lounge

 

Mr. Park: Ah perfect. Park Serim, can you tour Sawyer Kim today? She’s a new student.

 

Serim: Okay sure Mr. Park.

 

Mr. Park: Perfect. It’s all settled.

 

*Sawyer and Serim leaves the teachers’ lounge and heads to class. Sawyer looks at Serim.

 

Sawyer’s mind: You again? It’s him… The rude neighbor. Why does he have to tour me around? Can’t it be someone else? 

 

*Sawyer snaps out of her thoughts as she makes eye contact with Serim who glares at her. 

 

Serim: Look, Sawyer or whatever your name is, I don’t want to tour you around but I have to. You’re clearly a waste of my time.

 

Sawyer: Excuse me?

 

Serim: Why did you even transfer here anyways? You didn’t cause any trouble at your old school, did you? Pft… like a thought. You are a troublemaker.

 

Sawyer: What did you just say to me?

 

*Serim ignores her and heads classroom 3-4, her new assigned homeroom class. 

 

Sawyer's mind: I’m in the same class as this jerk? How unlucky am I? 

 

Lunchtime…

 

*Sawyer heads to the cafeteria and sits down at an empty table. She takes small bites of her food. 

 

Sawyer: *sighs* No friends again. When am I ever going to fit in in Korea?

 

*Suddenly someone taps on her shoulder. She turns around and sees-

 

Sawyer: Allen? 

 

Allen: Hey Sawyer, mind if I join you for lunch? Looks like you could use some company.

 

Sawyer: Allen, I’m so glad to see you! 

 

Allen: How are you fitting in your new school?

 

Sawyer: Terrible, you won’t believe what happened this morning-

 

*Sawyer gets cut off when she sees who Allen is greeting next

 

Allen: Serim, have you met Sawyer?

 

Serim: *notices her* You again? 

 

Allen: Dude, you know her?

 

Serim: Yeah I know her. She’s the annoying new kid. She wastes my time.

 

*Serim walks away and joins the popular kids table

 

Allen: Hey Sawyer, come join us! Your stepbrother, Hyeongjun, Taeyoung, and Seongmin are there.

 

Sawyer: Ah no thanks. It’s too much for me to handle for one day thanks.

 

Allen: Oh come on Sawyer, it will be fun.

 

Sawyer: I don’t want to, Allen, I-

 

*Allen drags Sawyer away

 

Sawyer: Allen, wait!!

 

Allen: You guys, is it cool if Sawyer joins us?

 

Hyeongjun: Come sit with us nuna!!

 

Taeyoung: Long time no see nuna!

 

Seongmin: Nuna!!

 

Sawyer: Oh hey… *awkwardly waves*

 

*Serim glares at Sawyer as she sits down with them

 

Serim’s mind: Why does this have to be here? And how does she know them?