Warm nights

The sound of your voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Thanks to those words said by the stranger on the radio, Yongsun gathered the energy to find a new job.

Two months went by and the brunette loved going back home because she had a date with that mysterious voice every evening.

Yongsun really found new purposes in life, and she made two friends at her work.

The girls were 4 years younger than the brunette, even though it seemed she was the maknae most of the time.

Hyejin and Wheein invited Yongsun to go out with them on several occasions. Nonetheless, the older one refused politely.

She obviously didn’t say the reason was the radio show that she wouldn’t miss.

The duo ended up believing their unnie had a secret partner, and they hated to assume people’s ual orientation, but the older one seemed to fit in the hetero-normative universe under their eyes.

Yongsun would giggle every time the younger girls mentioned a probable crush.

It was embarrassing to admit she was feeling some kind of way toward the radio host whose voice she had become addicted to.

Besides that, Yongsun was not an innocent and dreamy 13-year-old.

She was wise enough to understand that her feelings regarding that stranger might be just her own loneliness pranking her mind.

Yongsun was curious about the female DJ’s persona and she wondered if the woman was really greasy and jokester the way she acted on the radio.

The brunette also spent a big amount of time imagining how the stranger’s appearance might be.

After a couple of weeks, Yongsun decided that Starry Night’s dj was a woman in her late thirties, tall and intimidating.

Her voice was too strong and a bit masculine to belong to a delicate fairy. 

The lonely listener had checked the online page of the radio show but there was no information about their popular dj except for a name: Byul-yi.

“What kind of princess’ name is that?”. Yongsun laughed out loud while exclaiming around the house.

Not that she hadn’t liked the name. Quite the opposite. After all, that voice made her wanna see the stars.

The only thing was that she expected something less sweet and girly from someone with such an impactful voice and charisma.

That night, after making herself a delightful meal and enjoying a relaxing warm shower, Yongsun hugged a gigantic pillow and the radio at the precise time to hear the familiar “Hello, my shooting stars”.

Byul-yi introduced a new singer and played his song before saying anything else.

Then, the radio host told the listeners that she had a guest that night. A female singer who had been trending lately.

Yongsun pouted, unpleased that her favorite voice wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter