Looking back

The sound of your voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun was a very shy 16-year-old and she had been in love with the neighbor's daughter for months.

The other girl was 18 and she suddenly started being visited by a young guy, which broke the brunette's heart.

Mrs. Kim noticed that Yongsun had been eating a lot and she caught the daughter crying.

____ Yongsun-ah, stop eating like a pig. This is why you have no boyfriend. Men don't want useless women around them. Jessica is pretty and smart. She got herself a rich boyfriend. The way you behave, you will end up alone.

The brunette stared at the mother in silence for a long time before standing up and walking out of the house.

Annoyed, the older woman followed her to the gate and kept complaining.

The teenager used all her self-control to keep shut and went to a public park in the neighborhood.

Although her family struggled financially, Yongsun could say she would be happy if her mother was not ambitious and insensitive.

Mr. Kim had two jobs to be able to pay the rent and buy his wife and kid the basic needs.

So the girl didn't expect that her father would have time to give her attention.

Not for the first time, Yongsun sat on a bench and wondered how it would be to have a mother that encouraged her to fight for her dreams instead of being suffocated.

It didn't take long for the girl to learn that things could and would become worse.

After the brunette's 17th birthday, Mrs. Kim started pushing her daughter towards any male that had some money.

The woman kept repeating how the girl lacked intelligence and that she should use basic beauty to grab a husband.

Yongsun was fading but she forced herself to go out with two or three boys just to make the mother stop barking.

The girl obviously avoided any kind of physical contact with those guys because she knew very well that she was a lesbian.

Later, Mrs.Kim continued saying that her daughter lacked basic female qualities to get a male's attention.

Mr. Kim called his wife a couple of times. Nonetheless, he was always too exhausted to deeply care.

The husband thought his woman was just like the majority of mothers. Just too harsh while trying to do the best for the child.

When Yongsun turned 18, she felt that she had to get a job to make her father's life less difficult.

Meanwhile, her mother increased the attacks by saying that the girl was fail

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter