Confessions of a girl

The sound of your voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a typical Wednesday evening and Yongsun had been listening to Moonbyul's radio show for 2 hours.

The librarian smiled while observing the three dogs sleeping all spread on the floor.

Suddenly, her girlfriend cleared in the air and announced that she was gonna read a letter sent by one of the listeners.

The brunette got curious because the handsome DJ hadn't done that in a long time.

Moonbyul's voice sounded a bit shaky when she started speaking:

" Hello, Byul-Yi. Forgive me for dropping the formalities. It's just that I need a friend right now and I thought of you, who always brights my late nights.

You've already seen my name on the envelope. So I beg you to keep it as our secret.

The main reason for that is because I have some painful things to share and you know where we live. You know how society judges us and may make our lives a living hell."

Yongsun almost forgot to breathe because she suspected where that letter was going.

Moonbyul continued reading after a brief hesitation.

"A couple of years ago I realized I had fallen in love with my best friend. And that terrified me to the point of provoking a fight to keep her far.

I was afraid of the consequences of that forbidden love and my prejudice froze me.

Loving a girl was not part of the plans and it hurt me in several ways for a long time.

But the thing is...she is the love of my life. I couldn't forget her. And recently we met by chance.

This person asked if we could erase our fight and become close again.

She didn't use the word friend at any point in our conversation.

To be honest, I had the impression that she was looking at me in some type of way.

I want to confess my feelings. But what if I'm wrong and delusional? 

It's the toughest decision of my life because this woman is everything to me and I don't want her gone again.

Please, Byul-YI...What do you think?

Thanks for noticing me."

The radio DJ exhaled and Yongsun didn't know what to expect to hear from her girlfriend.

Moonbyul was still stuck to a contract and the producers might be more modern than most but the owner of the company was just like any conservative Korean.

The handsome one didn't stop for the commercials. Instead, she started responding to the letter.

"I'll randomly call you D. Thank you for being brave to share your story with me, D. I'm sure many listeners are going under a similar situation.

As you said, loving someone may bring consequences in a country like ours. However, not being with the one you love is probably scarier and more painful than any backlash from others.

D, if you believe you two can make each other happy and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter