Connection

The sound of your voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was on a weird Wednesday that Yongsun thought she was gonna die.

Besides a bunch of unexpected minor incidents, like someone bumping against her and almost throwing her under the train, the brunette fell off the stairs and hurt her foot.

None of that convinced her supervisor to let her have a free day. So the young woman ought to work as usual.

Around 7 pm, the female finally reached home and showered with some difficulty before having a salad for dinner.

After that, Yongsun called Hyejin, and they talked for a little while.

As her favorite radio show would start only at 10 pm, the dark-haired one the TV and decided to watch a documentary about cats.

A bit tired, the brunette ended up falling asleep on the couch twenty minutes later.

Yongsun heard the sound of the phone ringing insistently and she woke up scared.

The black-haired one grabbed her device and spoke in a low and deep tone:

__ Hello.

__ Oh, hello there! Is my Sun in a bad mood? Did your moon disturb something?

Kim Yongsun stopped functioning when she heard that voice. The one voice that could make her float.

Checking the watch, the brunette saw it was almost 11 pm. That meant the dj was talking from the radio show.

__ Byul-yi, is that you?__ The dark-haired girl softened her voice.

__ Ding dong ding! Your one and only star.__ The radio host spoke playfully.

Yongsun asked, a bit puzzled:

__ Is there any kind of event that I am not aware of?

__ Nope. The event is for me. I decided to choose a listener to chat a little bit.

The listener murmured:

__ Ah... Okay.

__ Wow! This is what I call excitement.

Yongsun explained with a trembling voice:

__ No! Don’t get me wrong. I’m just a bit shocked. I had fallen asleep and couldn’t imagine this, even in my best dreams.

__ Oh... I feel so bad now. I can’t believe I woke you up. I’m sorry, Yongsun.__ The DJ was really upset.

The other girl confessed:

__ Actually I had been waiting to listen to you. So you did me a favor.

__ Really? How often do you listen to my show?

Hesitating for a little while, Yongsun giggled and confessed:

__ Except today when I missed an entire part, every night.

__ Jincha???? Wow! My most loyal listener. But I don’t know if I feel proud or ashamed, since I woke you up. You must have been exhausted.__ The radio dj exclaimed.

Laughing, Yongsun explained:

__ It is true I was tired. But I really wanted to listen to the show. So don’t worry about it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter