Third-wheeling

The sound of your voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun talked about her next date with Moonbyul for days and how she was anxious for the weekend. 

On Wednesday, Wheein and Hyejin took the opportunity that the library had to close for maintenance and invited her for lunch.

The cute girl asked all of a sudden:

____ Unnie, isn't this your fourth date?

____ Yes, it is.____ The brunette's eyes were sparkling.

_____ Hmmm. And what are you gonna do? Did she tell you where you're going?____ Hyejin shook her head while her girlfriend was asking that.

_____ Actually she asked what I'd like to do and I suggested she went to my house. I'm gonna cook for us.____ The black-haired young woman smiled brightly.

_____ I see. You should make extra food then.

_____ Why?____ Yongsun frowned her forehead.

_____ Because there's no way I'm leaving you alone with this girl crush dropper. Hyejin and I will tag along.____ Wheein declared before shoveling food in .

_____ What is going on, Wheein-ah? And what is that about "girl crush dropper" thing?____ The older one laughed.

_____ Unnie, you're innocent and inexperienced. This woman is hot, popular, surrounded by girls all the time. What if she is a female Don Juan and she is just seducing you. I'm not gonna let you fall on her web that easily and that fast before we check her up close.

Wheein's stuffed cheeks were making the whole scene very comical and cute.

 _____ Wheein-ah, Byul is not that type of girl. She may be popular but she is shy too. And not that experienced.____ Yongsun was giggling.

 ____ How do you know she is not a player?

 ____ Because I feel it.

____ Come on, unnie! You're head over heels. That doesn't count.____ Wheein rolled her eyes.

____ I hate to say it but I have to agree with Wheein on this one. You crushed so hard that your perception can't be trusted.____ Hyejin smiled.

_____ You also think she may be trying to seduce me, Hyejin-ah?____ The dark-haired girl placed the hands on her waist.

____ I think my pup is being overly protective and a bit paranoid. But we love you. So let us do our job as your friends. Plus, I don't wanna sleep on the couch.____ Hyejin ended her sentence glancing at her girlfriend.

____ Okaaay. You can come to my place on Saturday. Lunch will be served at 1 pm.____ The librarian gave in and squeezed Wheein's cheeks.

Pouting, the shorter girl declared:

____ You walked on a thin line, Ahn Hyejin. If unnie hadn't accepted, you would get punished.

____ Really? Yongsun unnie, can I take it back?

____ !____ Wheein slapped her girl's arm.

____ Just kidding.____ Hyejin hugged the girlfriend and kissed her face.

____ x ____

Moonbyul was shaking from head to toe while standing at the door.

The radio DJ had knocked and her heart couldn't stop accelerating while she was waiting for Yongsun.

But then, another girl opened the door and stood there like a judgy parent.

____ So you're Byul-Yi, huh? I'm Wheein, her best friend.____ The cute girl with a dimple on the right cheek said it like a warning.

Taken aback, the brown-haired older girl smiled shyly and commented:

_____ I think we've met before, haven't we?

_____ Are you hitting on me?____ The shorter one frowned her forehead.

_____ Huh? Nooo!_____ Moonbyul widened her eyes.

_____ Good. Just checking. Yes, we've met at the library. Come in. The girls are waiting.

_____ The girls?__

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter