Rock bottom

The sound of your voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kim Yongsun was not an old woman. She had barely turned 28.

The problem was growing up in Korean society, where women are supposed to be married with children when they are 25.

The society also expects young adults to have a good academic life and find a nice and relevant job.

None of that happened to that specific woman and she was tired of listening to her middle-aged parents whining about their only daughter’s lack of perspective.

Luckily for her, Yongsun’s grandfather had left an apartment for her on his will and she could get out of her parent’s house when she was 22.

Not that her mother stopped saying about her life. But at least the young woman could end the calls or even avoid answering them.

Yongsun dealt with her mother’s obsession with marriage and children since she was 17. And then, the woman added a daily nagging about her daughter’s part-time jobs.

The brunette never knew what she really wanted to do professionally. Or better saying, she didn’t care.

As long as she could pay the basic bills and buy something to eat, Yongsun was fine.

About marriage, the girl knew she was a lesbian since she had a crush on a teacher when she turned 13 and men were never an option.

Considering that she lived in one of the most conservative and homophobic countries in the World, it was hard to have a love life.

Adding all that to the fact that Yongsun was an introverted homebody, life went by and she became a rare specimen. 

What did that mean? Kim Yongsun was a 28-year-old .

It was not a big deal. The young adult had just avoided basic human interaction as much as possible and she didn’t miss it.

The problem was that she saw a movie inside her mind and came to the conclusion that her mother was right.

Yongsun felt worthless and a failure. Or as those stupid kids would say on Twitter: she was a flop.

Her boss had promised her a better position if she worked extra hours but after 6 months, promoted an idiot who was just hot.

The brunette hadn’t bought herself new clothes or anything in 2 years and her neighborhood was horrible too.

There was a couple who lived above her and they were so loud on a daily basis that they were driving her crazy.

The fact that 80% of her neighbors had children didn’t help either.

After falling slowly into depression, Yongsun gave up living.

That Sunday had been a horrible day in any possible way.

The temperature got so high that she could boil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter