Speeding Ticket

Objects of Love

Cho Kyuhyun loves driving.

 

He loves the feeling of wind blowing against his face as he speeds up his convertible, silver Porsche along a deserted outbound highway road. With little to none cars in the sight, he can push the accelerator pedal as hard as he wants; enjoying the adrenaline that makes his body tremble in excitement. He is the speed and he rules this road. No one can get in the way of his journey in search of thrill.

 

Well, no one except a lone traffic police who is chasing him now relentlessly.

 

Some wild part of him wants to push the gas pedal harder and challenge the chaser to catch up with him. Alas, he isn't that insane to the point of intentionally messing with the police force. So, he slows down the vehicle while turning the steering wheel to the right, carefully parking it off the road. Sighing in defeat, he watches the white motorcycle getting closer to his car through a wing mirror. Eventually, the bike comes to park by his car and the rider gets off. His eyes immediately discern a gorgeous, lithe body underneath the police uniform. He especially focuses on those slim thighs in black pants, deducing that it perfectly fits for hooking around his waist. His chaser places his hands on a helmet to take it off, and he smirks seeing how small and adorable they are. The rider finally takes the helmet off.

 

And Kyuhyun temporarily forgets how to take a breath.

 

Hidden under the white helmet is the most gorgeous face he has ever seen. Short black hair framing around an oval face is slightly ruffled by a strong wind. Beads of sweat trickles down flushed cheeks as a soft sigh escapes rosy lips. The gorgeous being rubs his drenched forehead with the back of his hand before opening his eyes, and Kyuhyun is instantly trapped by those captivating obsidian orbs.

 

"Sir," a magnetic voice calls him, "you're exceeding the speed limit. Give me your driver license."

 

It takes Kyuhyun a few blinks to realize that the gorgeous guy is talking to him. He opens a front drawer and takes a small card out. Handing the license to the police, he intentionally brushes his fingers against the man's palm. A smirk graces his handsome face as he witnesses a pink tinge painting the man's chubby cheeks. Taking off his sunglasses, Kyuhyun decides to tease the cute guy a bit.

 

"Officer, is the driver license alone enough? If not, I can provide something else like… my service?"

"No thank you," the police quickly replied despite his blushing face.

"Oh, c'mon officer! I bet you're already bored of riding the same old bike for years. How about a change of environment? I don't mind letting you ride my car."

"Please cease that before I arrest you for ual harassment."

"Officer!" Kyuhyun fakes a scandalous look, "I merely suggest that I give you a ride. How is that considered a ual harassment? Unless…"

 

Kyuhyun smirks and winks.

 

"Unless your mind already went down that direction. Not that I complain though."

 

Kyuhyun is having the best time in his life teasing the cute police. The black-haired man right now is so flustered that he can't say anything back. Probably realizing now that he can't win against Kyuhyun, the police officer quietly issues a speeding ticket while Kyuhyun keeps teasing him. Although the man refuses to reply, just seeing that beautiful face wrecked by embarrassment is enough to satisfy Kyuhyun.

 

"Here, your speeding ticket. You must pay the fine by this month or else you'll be summoned to the court."

"Will you be my judge in this trial? If so, I'm willing to be summoned. It's a love call, after all."

"Not in a million years," the cute officer said deadpanned, "most importantly, you should mind the speed when you're driving. It's dangerous to both yourself and other people."

"People tend to be more reckless when they drive alone. Maybe if I had you sitting here by my side, I might drive more carefully like a good citizen."

"Can you not try to get in my pants for a second? And take the ticket already! I'm too busy to lounge here all day."

"Oh? Are you issuing a ticket? I thought we're about to kiss?"

"Mister, you won't get out of this no matter what you do."

 

Kyuhyun tsks but obediently takes the ticket from the cute guy.

 

"Tsk, and here I thought my plan is perfect…"

"Yes, very perfect, here is another ticket as a proof."

"What? What did I do beside exceeding the speed limit—"

 

Kyuhyun couldn't finish his sentence because his lips were sealed by something extremely soft and sweet. It lingers for merely a second before disappearing, too fast for his mind to register what happened. The cute police officer whose face is really close to him smiles and winks shyly at him. A cupid arrow immediately strikes his heart and he is rendered speechless for a long while. In his head, he has already imagined them walking down an aisle together and exchanging a vow. He even daydreams of the day they pick up their kids from school together!

 

The logical part of Kyuhyun's brain suddenly uppercuts him and reminds him that there is something much more urgent to do now than daydreaming.

 

"Officer! Can I have your… number…"

 

The cute police officer has already gone, along with his motorcycle. The man probably left while Kyuhyun was being delusional. He curses and bangs the center console for not seizing the chance to get the beauty's contact information. Seoul is a big city. Who knows how many police stations there are in Seoul? What if they ended up never meeting again…?

 

"Wait, that's right! The speeding ticket! Maybe I can find him at the station issued in this ticket!"

 

Kyuhyun was too hurry to check the ticket that he dropped another one. Picking it up, he frowns when he sees that the second ticket is practically a blank page. What? Did the officer accidentally give a blank ticket—

 

His eyes widened.

 

 

 

0XX-XXXX-YYYY

 

I'm free after eight in the evening ;)

— K. Jongwoon

 

 

 

"Jongwoon, huh?"

 

Kyuhyun grins as he quickly adds the new number in his phone.

 

 

 

It seems like he has found another thing he likes as much as driving, if not more.