Scissors

Objects of Love

People often said that being born with a golden spoon was a blessing, but Kyuhyun begged to differ. For him, wealth and fortune were just an annoyance. He just turned seventeen but he had already lost count of how many times people tried to take advantage of him, eyeing his family's wealth like a starving vulture. Most if not all of the people who tried to get to know him always had an ulterior motive and it disgusted him to no end. Unfortunately, he couldn't change his birth status nor should he turn down what was rightfully his. He just had to learn to deal with greedy people. He tried distancing himself at first but it didn't work. Thick-face people just kept flocking to him never ending like mosquitoes. Eventually, he snapped.

 

 

If people wouldn't leave him alone, then he just had to "make" them do it.

 

***********************************

 

"Everyone, pay attention! We have a new friend who will join us today!"

 

Kyuhyun resisted an urge to roll his eyes. He was in the last year of high school now but he still had to go through this silly introduction? Unacceptable!

 

"Who the hell changes school in their last year?"

"Kwon Hojin, that's not nice of you!"

 

Yes, shut the hell up. Even if he changed school on literally the last day of the year, it was still none of your business. Speaking of that, when would this charade end? What even was the point of this introduction when most of the class didn't even pay attention to him. Well, most students except that one black-haired guy who sat by a window. That person was probably the only person who seemed to genuinely paying attention to the teacher.

 

"Alright, why don't you tell everyone about yourself?"

 

Finally. Kyuhyun sighed inwardly. He took out a folded paper and scissors. After that, amidst everyone's confusion, he started to cut the paper until it became an unrecognizable shape. Ignoring a loud murmur going on in the classroom, He spread out the cut paper, showing a paper art of the word "Cho Kyuhyun" to the classroom while keeping a poker face.

 

"My name, that's it."

 

Kyuhyun almost broke out into a satisfied grin seeing many mocked and disgusted expressions. Good, that was less people he had to deal with.

 

"Cho Kyuhyun? That Cho family?"

"You mean, one of the top billionaire families in Korea?"

"Isn't he the youngest son of the family?"

"I think his father owns this school too. That's why he moved here?"

"Ha, what chaebol? He's just a weirdo."

 

Ah, typical gossip. Kyuhyun truly wanted to sigh but he had to keep up his act. That's right, he was a total weirdo so left him alone!

 

Clap clap clap clap!

 

"Wow! That was amazing!"

 

Kyuhyun frowned at the clapping and praising from the same black-haired young man who was now staring at him in awe. What? How could someone not be put off by his strange behavior? No, that was impossible. That person probably faked it to win his approval. That dirty scheme wouldn't work on him! He glared at the boy who had the nerve to give him an angelic smile while tilting his head. His eyes had turned into a cute crescent moon shape and why the hell did he say cute? No, he wasn't an idiot who got tricked just by a stupid cute smile! ( he said cute again!!!)

 

"D-Don't you have something else to say, Mister Cho? Your favorite subjects or hobbies, for example?"

"No."

"Well, I see... Then, where should I assign you...?"

 

As he expected, everyone avoided the teacher's eyes in unison. No one wanted to sit with him and he was absolutely fine with it. However...

 

"Teacher Park, he can sit with me!"

 

That fake guy put his (small?) hand up in the air and volunteered happily, causing Kyuhyun to flinch in disgust. Did that guy really want his money that much to the point of pretending to be a good person? Disgusting.

 

"Jongwoon—! You really are an angel! Alright, Mister Cho, your seat is beside Mister Kim."

 

So, that guy was Kim Jongwoon. Even his name sounded fake. Kyuhyun snorted but obediently headed to an empty seat beside the black-haired boy. He sat down and immediately started a plan to completely annihilate the fake guy's interest in him.

 

"Cho Kyuhyun,"

"Hello! I'm Kim Jongwoon. Nice to meet—"

 

Kyuhyun smirked triumphantly at his seatmate's surprised expression. Instead of offering a hand, he held the scissors and offered the sharp end to the black-haired boy for a handshake. See? He was a weirdo, right? Go ahead and stay away from him!

 

"Kyuhyun, you shouldn't point that at other people. What if you accidentally cut someone? Wait a sec!"

 

What? Did this guy just lecture him? Kyuhyun stared blankly at the shorter boy who tore a page out of a notebook and folded it into something— scissors pocket. Jongwoon smiled and put the paper scissors pocket on his scissors, before shaking it enthusiastically.

 

"Now we don't have to worry about cutting ourselves! Nice to meet you, Kyuhyun!"

 

Jongwoon said and beamed, and Kyuhyun's eyes were temporarily blinded by the boy's cuteness. His heartbeat raced up crazily and his chest suddenly hurt as if he got shot by a cupid arrow. Did he just fall in love with Jongwoon?

 

No... he wouldn't let it happen!

 

Kyuhyun stubbornly shook his head and snatched the scissors back with a scowl on his face. Jongwoon seemed genuinely confused at his reaction but didn't make any comments. His seatmate just shrugged and turned his attention away to his phone instead. Good. He hoped that Jongwoon had lost interest in him for good. He didn't want to deal with anyone. He just wanted to be left alone. No matter how cute Jongwoon was, he still didn't feel like dealing with him.

 

 

Kyuhyun wanted to stab himself with the scissors after realizing that he called Jongwoon cute again.

 

**************************

 

It had been two weeks since he moved to the new school. Kyuhyun mostly kept to himself, refusing to befriend the classmates (or even acknowledge them). Jongwoon was the only exception whom he at least exchanged a brief conversation with (only because they were seatmates, not because he thought Jongwoon was cute or not). He kept up with his weirdo act, carrying scissors everywhere with him and constantly snapping it to annoy people. His plan worked wonder and so far no one ever tried to approach him yet, well, no one except the nosy seatmate Kim Jongwoon.

 

"Kyuhyun, we're in the middle of a class now. I think you should pay attention to the teacher."

"I can answer all questions on the whiteboard in less than a minute."

 

Kyuhyun said without looking at his seatmate and continued to mess around with the scissors and paper on his desk. He folded it into many layers and drew a small man on it. Then, he cut it and unfolded the paper to reveal a paper doll chain. He nodded at his work and discarded it on the desk. Since he still had time before the class ended, he made more paper doll chains of a heart and a dog. Just like his first paper doll chain, he threw it on the desk as soon as he was done with it. He just wanted to find something to kill time. That's why he left them on the desk without a second thought once the lunch period bell rang.

.

.

.

When Kyuhyun came back from lunch (he ate alone, obviously), he immediately noticed that someone messed with his desk; probably the nosy seatmate. The paper doll chains that he discarded without care were set in a position. The man and the dog ones were spread and glued together at both ends forming a wreath. A smiley face was drawn on every paper doll, both the man and the dog. Lying in the middle of the paper wreath was the heart paper doll chain. A smiley face was also drawn on it but he noticed a message under the smiley face.

 

Read me :)

 

Curiosity won over him so Kyuhyun quickly unfolded the heart paper doll chain. A short message was written on every heart paper and he found his smile widening the more he read the messages.

 

Hello~   ^w^ /

It's me, your seatmate!  ;)

I'm Jongwoon, btw, just in case.

You didn't pay attention but you still got all answers right. That's cool!

For you, classes must be pretty boring, huh?

If so, how about tutoring me instead?  :3

I'm not as cool as you so I must work hard  TwT

Can you help me? Pretty please?  *^*

 

"Weeeell, since Jongwoon asked me so nicely."

 

Kyuhyun nodded to himself while pocketing the heart paper doll chain. As for the man and the dog one, he kept it and waited until his seatmate came back. Then, he told Jongwoon that he would help him with studying only if he wore the paper wreath on his head like a crown. He purposely said that to annoy Jongwoon. He didn't expect his seatmate to actually put it on.

 

He also didn't expect Jongwoon to look so adorable wearing the thing.

 

The black-haired boy's smile and the paper dolls' smile perfectly mirrored each other— a genuine smile showing through both his eyes and lips. Kyuhyun literally forgot how to breathe for a second. When his common sense returned, he wanted to stab himself with scissors again for falling for a cheap trick. Just because Jongwoon had a gorgeous smile and he was a goner. Ridiculous! He sneered (mostly at his stupidity) and turned away from the smiling boy. The afternoon class happened to start at that moment so he took out the scissors, ready to waste time again. However, Jongwoon placed his small hand on top of his to stop him.

 

"Kyuhyun," Jongwoon pouted, "you promised."

"..."

 

While Kyuhyun was teaching his seatmate how to solve a complicated calculus problem, in his head, he was imagining himself banging his head on an imaginary wall. Cho Kyuhyun, you idiot! Stopped linking Jongwoon to "cute" or "adorable" already! He scolded himself inwardly while his heart skipped a beat at the shorter boy's cute puffing cheeks—

 

 

Kyuhyun was so close to stabbing himself.

 

***************************

 

One month and a half had passed since Kyuhyun moved to the new school. By now, he had already admitted that, yes, he thought that his seatmate was illegally cute, out-of-this-world cute, unfairly cute, unbelievably cute, totally cute, etc. Jongwoon was really cute. That was the fact. Just because he accepted the truth didn't mean that he had a crush on his seatmate. In fact, he disliked his cute seatmate so much that he came up with more plans to annoy the boy.

 

"Kyuhyun, aren't we supposed to study by ourselves?"

"I don't need it. You also don't need my tutor since you already do well in literature."

"That's true, but... you still shouldn't cut the book like that."

 

Kyuhyun ignored his seatmate and continued with his task at hand— cutting a page with a picture of famous painting into pieces. He was done cutting Mona Lisa and was currently cutting Van Gogh's self-portrait. The reason? It was so that he would appear weird and disgust Jongwoon, so Jongwoon would eventually leave him alone.

 

Problem was, his genius plan didn't seem to work.

 

Although it worked with other classmates (they were all staring at him as if he was a freak), his plan was like throwing a pebble against a ston wall to Jongwoon. Apart from lightly chiding him for ruining the book, his seatmate didn't seem to mind his weird action. Maybe he didn't cut enough picture? Kyuhyun nodded to himself. He was ready to find another page to cut but Jongwoon stopped him first.

 

"Stop it, Kyuhyun, you're disrespecting the pictures!"

"Nonsense, they're just an object. They can't be disrespected."

"Actually, they can!"

 

With that said, Jongwoon began to put together the pieces of both pictures as if playing a jigsaw puzzle. Soon, the Mona Lisa and Van Gogh were completed. Then, Jongwoon flipped the mouth piece of both pictures upside down to make them look like they were unhappy.

 

"See! Mona Lisa and Van Gogh are pretty upset now at your rude behavior!"

"This is stupid."

"It's not!"

 

Jongwoon said and pressed the mouth pieces under his fingers, before moving it up and down as if the pictures were speaking.

 

"Oh dear! Look at my beautiful portrait! What a rude boy!" "I did cut my ear but I didn't expect to get thoroughly cut like this."

 

Jongwoon mimicked a feminine voice and an old masculine voice, making it look like Mona Lisa and Van Gogh were having a conversation. Kyuhyun thought it was the stupidest antic he had ever seen in his life, yet the corner of his lips were trembling as he was fighting against an incoming smile. However, his seatmate suddenly flipped the eyes pieces of Mona Lisa upside down and swapped Van Gogh's right eye with his nose, before shifting back to press the mouth pieces to speak up again.

 

"Boohoo! My perfect beauty is ruined and now I can't be a bride!" "Holy cow! I'm becoming an abstract painting! I'm so excited that my nose, I mean, my right eye is flaring!"

"...Pfft, ha... hahaha... hahahahaha!"

 

Eventually, Kyuhyun couldn't keep a stoic face facing such a ridiculous sight. He laughed heartily and banged the desk with his fist, all the while shedding laughing tears away. He ignored the other classmates in the room and kept laughing until he was on the verge of wheezing. He had to spend almost five minutes just to calm down and breathe properly. That was when he noticed that Jongwoon was staring fixedly at him while grinning cutely, and he instantly snapped.

 

"What are you grinning at?"

"You, obviously! Kyuhyun, you finally smile!"

"What the...?"

"It must be annoying to change a school at your last year, right? You hardly know anyone and you feel lonely, that's why you're doing all of these scissors tricks to kill time. Am I right?"

"No, you're totally—"

"Totally right! I know it!"

 

Jongwoon beamed and moved the mouth pieces again, but he spoke with his own voice this time.

 

"If you don't mind, I can be your friend!"

 

Kyuhyun's rational side told him that this was Jongwoon's scheme to get closer to him to take advantage of him later. However, his idiotic side that was busy gawking at Jongwoon's adorable smile punched him in the gut for being paranoid. Surely, someone with such a genuine smile couldn't be scheming, right...?

 

"Tsk, if you really want to be my friend that much then whatever."

"Yeah! Alright, now that we're friends, can you promise me that you won't cut a book again no matter how bored you're?"

"And why the hell would I promise that?"

"Kyuhyun," Jongwoon pouted, "it's not nice to destroy a perfectly good book!"

"But—"

"Kyuuuhyun," Jongwoon pouted and blinked, "can't you do it for me, your friend? Plus, if you ever get bored then just tell me! We can chat idly or find something to do together!"

"F-Fine, I promise."

 

 

Instead of scissors, this time Kyuhyun got stabbed at his heart by a cupid arrow.

 

***************************************

 

The first semester soon passed uneventfully. Kyuhyun only had to endure for three more months and he would be free from this boring school. In the past semester, he managed to keep everyone away and lived peacefully, well, everyone minus his seatmate. He had already given up on making Jongwoon hate him since it was impossible. First of all, Jongwoon who was thoroughly a good person would never hate him no matter how weird he pretended to be. Second of all, he didn't want Jongwoon to hate him...

 

Kyuhyun admitted that he might have a slightest crush on his seatmate.

 

Just a small, tiny, tiniest, slightest, little crush, not falling head over heels or what, mind you. Although he let his guard down around Jongwoon, it didn't mean that he would let the cute seatmate take advantage of him. For example, he wouldn't be a fool and buy whatever his seatmate wanted just because the other party said that they were friends. He wouldn't let the history repeat itself like when he was in middle school! That's why, during the winter break, he kept glaring at his phone all day and night, ready to turn down whatever outrageous gifts Jongwoon might demand from him. However...

 

Since you seem to like scissors that much, here's a Christmas gift from me (≧◡≦)V  Merry Xmas Kyuhyun!

 

On 25 December, Jongwoon sent him a message along with a selca of him smiling at the camera while holding a V sign, "scissors", apparently. His seatmate wasn't alone in the photo. The black-haired young man was carrying two cute small dogs in his arms, white one and dark-brown one. Kyuhyun found himself staring at the photo for a very long while before snapping out of it. It was only after he was done setting the picture as a phone background that he realized Jongwoon didn't ask for a gift from him. Curiosity gnawed at the back of his mind so he decided to ask his seatmate.

 

KH: Don't you want Xmas gifts?

JW: No? It's about spending time w/ fam & friends!

KH: What? You really don't want anything?

JW: Why would I? I already have everything~

KH: You do?

JW: Yep! I mean, I got to celebrate it w/ my fam and I got friends like you to chat with   :)

 

For some reason, the friend part really bothered him.

 

KH: Are you free tomorrow?

 

No, he didn't ask Jongwoon out on a date. It was normal for friends to hang out on a holiday, right? Plus, he wasn't the one who wanted to do it. It was Jongwoon who said that he wanted to spend time with friends. He just granted his cute seatmate's wish, that's all!

 

 

Kyuhyun nodded at his genius reasoning while quickly browsing the internet for a great place to visit on Christmas.

 

*******************************

 

Before long, the new semester had already started for a month. While Kyuhyun still kept a distance from most people, he began to allow some classmates to get to know him. He didn't want to do so, but Jongwoon insisted that he should make friends so he did. After all, Jongwoon was the one who introduced these classmates to him so he could at least rest assured that they were a good person. Soon, Jongwoon also introduced him to students from another class or year, even some teacher and school staff too. Again, he trusted his cute seatmate's judgment so he proceeded to befriend them. Before long, people began to smile and greet him when he was in a hallway or corridor. He also didn't use scissors as much as before, because Jongwoon was worried that he might hurt himself.

 

Right now, he only used scissors when someone got too close or acted too chummy with Jongwoon.

 

For example, that guy who kept unnecessarily touching Jongwoon's shoulder or arm.

 

Snap snap snap snap snap snap

 

"Kyuhyun, we're brainstorming now."

"And I'm helping."

"You did. But that scissors snapping of yours is distracting."

"I need to do it or else my hand will feel empty."

 

Kyuhyun replied while still snapping the scissors and glaring at a male classmate who had his arm around Jongwoon's shoulder— Kim Heechul, if he recalled correctly. Instead of getting a clue, Heechul continued to cling on his seatmate and even dared to put his head on Jongwoon's shoulder!

 

Snap snap snap snap snap snap snap snap snap snap snap snap snap snap snap 

 

"Kyuhyun..."

"What? Haven't you heard that exercising helps your brain work faster?"

"I do but..."

"Pfft, just use your air scissors, ."

"Who the hell is—"

"What do you mean, Heebongie?"

 

Kyuhyun was about to snap but Jongwoon cut him. He was even more upset seeing Heechul hugging his seatmate intimately, but the man who got hugged didn't seem to mind it. Jongwoon seemed more interested in what the classmate said.

 

"Air scissors, you know, this thing?"

 

Heechul snorted and made a V-sign hand. After seeing neither Kyuhyun nor Jongwoon moved, Heechul sighed and grasped Kyuhyun's hand. Then, he snatched Kyuhyun's hand and forced him to do the V sign, before shoving Kyuhyun's V-sign hand at Jongwoon's hair; making it do a snapping motion as if he was cutting Jongwoon's hair.

 

"There, you can snap your scissors as much as you want, no distraction, you got to exercise your fingers, everyone wins!"

"What? But this is clearly bothering Jongwoon!"

"Actually, no."

"What...?"

"I don't mind it, Kyuhyun."

 

Kyuhyun got stunned by his seatmate's angelic smile and nonchalant answer. His heartbeat quicken up as his hand froze mid-touching the soft dark hair. After hesitating a moment, he bagan to use the scissors hand to play with Jongwoon's hair— threading through it, feeling it, gently tugging it, and curling it. He was so lost in marveling his seatmate's raven hair that he had completely forgotten about the group project, though no one seemed to mind his lack of help. So, Kyuhyun continued with his task until his gaze slowly fell lower to the chubby cheek. He felt like something tugging at his heartstrings so he poked that squishy cheek by instinct. Jongwoon got startled and snapped his head to look at him in surprise. However, apart from turning slightly red in the face, his seatmate didn't complain so Kyuhyun boldly continued to caress the smooth skin, occasionally pinching it in between the index and middle fingers.

 

"Eww, I'm dying from diabetes."

"Heebongie!"

 

Kyuhyun didn't know what nonsense Heechul was talking about or why did it embarrass Jongwoon. He couldn't care less about it too. He was too busy playing with Jongwoon's mochi-like cheek. He might have smiled a tad bit too wide while doing so but he couldn't care less about that, too.

 

 

He only cared about how utterly adorable his Jongwoon was.

 

************************************

 

The final exam weeks soon approached within a blink of an eye. Kyuhyun couldn't believe that he was about to graduate from high school in only a few weeks. Much like how he couldn't believe that he finally admitted his feelings for his seatmate. Yes, he had fallen head over heels for Jongwoon. There was nothing left to doubt about it. He loved Jongwoon and he wanted to be with Jongwoon. Problem was, he wasn't sure what his all-smiling seatmate thought of him. He didn't want to ruin their friendship just in case he mistook the signs. So, instead of confessing, he decided to hold back.

 

Moreover, besides from the truth of Jongwoon's feelings, he had another annoying problem to take care of— forced engagement.

 

His birthday was in only a week. As usual, his family went over the top and threw a big party at their mansion. If it was in the past, Kyuhyun would have done everything to avoid it but not this time. He had friends from the school to attend so he wouldn't die from boredom this year. Most importantly, his beloved Jongwoon also agreed to come. He couldn't be any happier with the upcoming party, well, not until he realized that his grandfather invited many ladies from affluent families to join too. He knew at the first glance that it was an attempt to find a suitor for him. Obviously, he never planned to look at anyone else but Jongwoon, so he came up with a plan.

 

He brought back the scissors and carried it around with him on the day.

 

It worked wonderfully as usual. Many ladies immediately changed their minds after they saw him picking up a cookie using scissors. Some ladies also hesitated to approach him after seeing him snapping the scissors loudly like a psycho. However, much to his annoyance, there were still some ladies who praised him for being "unique and cool" but it sounded extremely fake. These ladies were persistent too. He grew more and more frustrated because he couldn't shake them off, even though he just wanted to be with his Jongwoon. Annoyed, he snapped the scissors louder and louder that other adult guests started to look at him warily. His grandfather glared at him from across the hall but he couldn't care less. He would never stop—

 

"Kyuhyun, stop, you're scaring the guests."

"But—!"

"No but."

 

Jongwoon who suddenly showed up by his side extracted the scissors from his hand and put it in his shirt pocket instead. Then, to Kyuhyun's absolute shock, his cute seatmate picked up a cookie and held it against his lips.

 

"Say, ah!"

 

Kyuhyun didn't know what his Jongwoon was thinking but he happily bit the dessert in the small hand. His seatmate fed him while beaming until the cookie was finished. Then, Jongwoon gently wiped his mouth with his handkerchief, before speaking up in a chirpy tone.

 

"Kyuhyun, if you don't want to dirty your hands then just tell me instead of resorting to scissors. I can help you!"

"How...?"

"Easy," Jongwoon smiled, "I just have to feed you throughout the party, right?"

 

At first, the implication didn't hit him. But when he saw Heechul and the other classmates giving him a thumb up, it finally hit him. Jongwoon was helping him from the hoard of greedy ladies and offered to stay with him. Kyuhyun couldn't grin any brighter as he nodded and put his arm around his cute seatmate's slim figure. Although he still had no idea what Jongwoon felt about him, just being by Jongwoon's side was good enough—

 

Kyuhyun's eyes almost popped out of their sockets when he saw Jongwoon smirking at the ladies.

 

However, that triumph smirk disappeared within a blink of an eye and was replaced by the usual angelic smile, so Kyuhyun wasn't sure if he just saw things or not. But if Jongwoon did smirk at the ladies as if showing off, then, could it be...

 

 

Kyuhyun decided to take a risk rather than just playing guess.

 

*****************************************

 

Kyuhyun waited until the final exam weeks passed first before making a move. There were only two weeks left before the graduation. If he wanted to confess, he had to do it now. So, he told Jongwoon to go to the rooftop with him. His seatmate looked genuinely surprised but also pleased, so he took it as a good sign. They left the classroom while their classmates loudly cheered for them. The walk to the rooftop was quiet but not uncomfortable. Their footsteps echoed within the corridor as they only kept staring forward, too shy to even glanced at each other. When they stepped into the rooftop, it took Kyuhyun a few nervous coughing before he could start a conversation.

 

"Ahem, so, Jongwoon, I want you to come here with me because I have something to tell you."

"Alright...?"

"I hate beating around the bush so I'll be frank. Jongwoon, I love you, will you go out with me?"

 

Kyuhyun pretended to be cool and collected even though his heart was thrashing crazily. He waited for Jongwoon's reaction anxiously. His cute seatmate just blinked repeatedly as if he was still processing the situation. Then, a red color slowly bloomed on the chubby cheeks and Jongwoon nodded happily while smiling ear to ear.

 

"Yes! I'd love to date you!"

"Really!!? You aren't kidding ri— ahem, I mean, great, like, I expect nothing less, I'm this perfect so obviously you would say yes."

"Yes, you're right, Kyuhyun."

 

It was as clear as day judging from the amused smile that Jongwoon played along with his egotistic speech to humor him, but Kyuhyun pretended to not notice it. He held Jongwoon's left hand while rummaging through his pocket. His seatmate (now boyfriend) looked at him in surprise as his cheeks heated up further. He knew what Jongwoon was thinking, although it wasn't hard to guess because his pose could only mean one thing...

 

He took out the scissors.

 

Kyuhyun almost laughed at his cute boyfriend's flabbergasted look but decided against it. He bet Jongwoon was expecting something else, a ring, for example. So, it was normal that he would be surprised seeing scissors instead. He chuckled and carefully put the scissors' ring on Jongwoon's left ring finger.

 

"It's just a placeholder, alright? I'll properly propose again with an actual ring when we graduate from college."

"That's sweet of you, Kyuhyun, but you really like scissors, huh?"

"Of course I do. It keeps away pests and helps us get closer, after all."

 

Kyuhyun smiled at his boyfriend but then sighed afterwards.

 

"Kyuhyun? What's wrong?"

"Sigh, I just realized that I broke my personal record that I proudly keep for eighteen years."

"What record?"

"Not falling in love with anyone first, well, I don't mind if it's you who makes me fail to keep a clean record."

"No..."

"Huh? Jongwoon, did you say something?"

"I was saying that you didn't break the record... because I fell in love with you first..."

 

Kyuhyun stared dumbfounded at the shorter man.

 

"What do you mean?"

"Well, remember your first day at school? The truth is, I fell in love at first sight with you since that time. That's why I volunteered to be your seatmate. I knew you wanted to keep a distance from people and I respected your boundary, so I didn't do anything much. In fact, I had even prepared myself to be satisfied with just being your friend. I still wonder if I'm dreaming right now... to think that you also fell for me..."

"Really? Well, you're not dreaming, Jongwoon. Plus, there is another record that I'm pretty sure I did break it first."

"What is it—"

 

Kyuhyun closed the gap and tasted the soft lips.

 

"It's a record of who initiates the first kiss," Kyuhyun smirked.

"W-What!!? Catching me off guard like that... That's not fair!"

"All's fair in love and war," Kyuhyun said in a sing-song tone, "if you want, you can make it equal by kissing me back."

"Smooth."

 

Jongwoon giggled shyly but did peck him back. Kyuhyun didn't let his boyfriend go and prolonged the kiss, feeling and savoring the lips that smiled so beautifully and the mouth that spoke so sweetly. He didn't even realize that he had pulled Jongwoon in so close that their bodies were basically pressing. It was only when he was done thoroughly exploring every nook and cranny of Jongwoon's mouth with his tongue that his brain caught up with the distance between them, or lack thereof. He could feel heat building up between them, traveling south in his case but north in his adorable boyfriend's case. He didn't bother to hide burning desire as he gazed at the reddened and moist lips glittering in their shared saliva.

 

"Jongwoon, can I do it?"

"D-Do what...?"

Kyuhyun answered with a straight face, "can I eat you up?"

"Wha—! K-Kyuhyun!!?"

"As I said, I hate beating around the bush. So, can I or can I not? I fully respect your consent no matter what the answer is."

"B-But..."

"But what? Jongwoon?"

"But we're at the school rooftop..."

"Oh."

 

Kyuhyun just recalled that they were still in public now. He sighed in apparent disappointment.

 

"You're right. My bad, I got lost in the moment. It's a shame but I'll wait until we're somewhere appropriate. In the meantime, can I get more kisses instead?"

"Y-Yes, I don't mind that, a-actually, I'd love it, but..."

"Yes?"

"Can I at least take off the scissors? I don't want either of us to accidentally get stabbed."

 

Kyuhyun burst out laughing heartily at Jongwoon's reason, but he quickly took off the scissors from his boyfriend's left ring finger and pocketed it.

 

"There, a safety precaution is taken care of. Can I kiss you now?"

"Go ahead and do it as much as you want. I'm entirely yours, Kyuhyun."

"And I'm completely yours, Jongwoon."

 

Their lips met immediately after that, taking in the taste of their lover thirstily like a man finding an oasis in a desert. Their hands were all over the other party and their bodies glued together, like a pair of scissors.

 

*************************************

 

Author's note:

 

Thanks to kyusung crumb during the Fact Music Award yesterday, I was able to pull through the drought and managed to deliver yet another weekly fic so let thanks Kyuhyun for his service xD  (If you're curious about the crumb then check Super Junior's speech in YouTube! The one with Yesung and Shindong!)

Also, did you notice something? Yes? No? If you don't, I'll tell you. I actually just finished the trio paper-rock-scissors kyusung theme fic xD  It was a coincidence cuz I actually had another story in my mind. But then I noticed the paper and the rock story next to each other and I suddenly felt obligated to post scissors next! So, here it is~ I quite like how it turned out and it was so sweet and fluffy too~ Oh, if you don't know what a paper doll chain is, this is it!  

Again, thanks for all the support! Take care and love you <3