Paper

Objects of Love

"For the third quarter of this year, our team managed to snatch a deal with one of the biggest online shopping companies well-known in many countries, earning approximately one billion and thirty-four million won profit. Plus, we can look forward to even greater profits in the next quarter."

 

Jongwoon explained a pie chart on the screen with a confident aura. His eyes met a brown-haired man who was staring fixedly at him and he smirked at the man.

 

"That's it for our team's report. I wonder if Kyuhyun's team can achieve as much as mine."

 

Kyuhyun ignored the black-haired man's taunt and stood up. On his way to the screen, he intentionally bumped his shoulder on the shorter man and smirked when Jongwoon snarled at him.

 

"For our team, we successfully expanded our clothing brand to many high-end boutiques in Korea, Japan, Taiwan, and Hong Kong. Just from this quarter alone, the increased branches earn approximately one billion and thirty-four million won profit for the company. We plan to further expand our brand to Europe market in the next quarter so we can expect greater profits."

 

Kyuhyun smirked at the black-haired man who was gasping in disbelief. The shorter man abruptly stood up and slammed his palms on the table while glaring at him.

 

"Impossible! How can your team earn as much as mine!!? Something is definitely wrong with that number!"

"Nothing is wrong unless we're talking about your eyesight, Jongwoon."

"I don't believe you!"

"Then, take a look at the paper yourself."

 

Kyuhyun strode to stop in front of the black-haired man and slammed the report paper on the table beside the man, so it looked like he was leaning down to the black-haired man. However, Jongwoon refused to look at it. He kept glaring at the taller man who glared back as fiercely, their noses almost touching. Kyuhyun spoke up as he leaned in even closer to the point that he saw his own reflection in Jongwoon's dark eyes.

 

"What about you? Did you make up the number?"

"Like hell I did. Use your eyes and look at the paper."

 

Jongwoon slapped the report paper on the taller man's chest who didn't flinch even a bit. However, Kyuhyun refused to look at it. The brown-haired man kept staring into Jongwoon's eyes when Jongwoon leaned further in, the tip of their noses basically brushing now. The two men glared fixedly at each other as if it was just the two of them in the world. Neither refused to break eye contact or step away. The tension between them was so thick that it was apparent to eyes and only broke when a third voice chimed in with a loud sigh.

 

"Sigh! Both of you, stop fighting during the meeting! I know that neither of you make up the number so let's continue the meeting!"

 

Ryeowook, the company's managing director, sighed tiredly while massaging his temple. His two employees kept glaring at each other for another minute before reluctantly stepping away. Jongwoon sat down while Kyuhyun went back to his seat opposite the black-haired man. With a wave from Ryeowook's hand, a representative from another department stood up and headed to the screen to begin their presentation. Although the sales department was done with their presentation, its top two employees Jongwoon and Kyuhyun were still glaring at each other from across the table. Ryeowook who was observing them quietly sighed again. The bad blood between the two employees was a well-known topic in the company. The two men fought and bickered on every occasion that no one batted an eye at them anymore, getting too used to such a sight.

Jongwoon had always been the best and only employee who brought huge profits to the company with his top-notch sales skill. However, that title was no longer his alone when Kyuhyun got into the company two years ago. Despite being four years younger, Kyuhyun's skills were as good as his senior that he was quickly promoted and given a team of his own. Jongwoon didn't bother to hide his dislike towards the junior who stole his spotlight. At the same time, Kyuhyun also openly showed his annoyance towards the senior who acted petty. Thus, began the most childish fight of the century that made everyone in the company rolled their eyes.

 

That's because everyone knew that Jongwoon and Kyuhyun actually fell head over heels for each other, practically a love at first sight.

 

Literally everyone knew about the two archenemies' infatuation towards each other, from the managing director to the head of every department, from their team members to coworkers, even the housekeepers and security guards also knew about it. Literally everyone but the two men knew about it. It was impossible to not notice how Kyuhyun tactlessly gawked at Jongwoon's slim thighs and bottom in fitting jeans or how Jongwoon couldn't look away when Kyuhyun rolled sleeves up or loosened his necktie. Once upon a time, Jongwoon's friend Donghae and Kyuhyun's friend Hyukjae tried to talk some sense into them, but the two men were too prideful and stubborn to admit it that they had a huge crush on their sworn enemy. So, everyone got stuck in a cliche drama of the idiot couple stupidly pining after each other.

 

Ryeowook sighed again while watching Kyuhyun and Jongwoon glaring at each other, though it was obvious that Kyuhyun was staring at Jongwoon's lips while Jongwoon's was staring at Kyuhyun's hands.

 

Should I just lock them in a room together?

 

Ryeowook mused to himself while watching two idiots (not-so-subtly) checking their crush out.

 

***********************

 

"Hyukjae hyung, what is this pile of paper?"

"Ah, those are paper that can't be recycled. I was thinking of shredding it but totally forgot about it."

"I see. Then, I'll do it."

"Are you sure? You're the boss so it's not your job."

"It's fine. I have nothing urgent to do anyway."

 

Kyuhyun carried the pile of paper to a paper shredder and started destroying them. Halfway through the stack, a familiar black-haired man came to stand beside him with a passive expression while carrying a pile of paper.

 

"Move. I have paper to shred."

"Get in the line then. Can't you see that I'm using it?"

"You've been hoarding it for hours now, you slowpoke."

"Don't be a drama queen. It's only been ten minutes."

 

Kyuhyun ignored the older man who cursed under his breath and continued with his task. While doing so, he stole a glance at the man beside him especially at those plump lips, but quickly looked away when the shorter man turned his way. He pretended to not see Jongwoon while putting more paper into the shredder. He kept his gaze solely on the machine so he had no clue what the older man was doing. Until a loud shout rang up right beside his ear.

 

"I SAID MOVE!!!"

"What the !!?"

 

Kyuhyun dropped some paper after getting caught off guard. Turning to his right, he saw the older man holding a rolled up paper, a makeshift megaphone, and pointing it at him. Unfazed, Jongwoon raised the paper megaphone to his mouth and shouted again: "MOVE, YOU SLOWPOKE, I HAVE PAPER TO SHRED!"

"Kim Jongwoon! Stop being petty and childish!"

"Yah!" Jongwoon hit Kyuhyun's shoulder with the rolled up paper, "how many times have I told you that it's Jongwoon hyung! I'm four years your senior, brat!"

"I'll never call you hyung."

"What the heck? You call Donghae-ah and Hyukjae-ah hyung but not me!!?"

"I don't want to be your dongsaeng."

 

Kyuhyun quickly shut up after realizing what he just blurted out. Panicked, he immediately came up with an excuse before the older man's brain caught up with the situation.

 

"I only use hyung with people whom I genuinely respect and it's obvious that you're not one of them, Jongwoon."

"Yah! Are you picking a fight with me!!?"

"Whatever you want to think. Now, if you want to use the shredder then stop bothering me."

 

Successfully dodging a bullet, Kyuhyun turned his attention back to the machine. He heard the older man mumbled something but it was too quiet to catch it. He was able to do his task in peace for only a few minutes before he got interrupted again, this time by a bunch of shredded paper that were blew at his face by none other than Jongwoon. The small paper pieces flew into his face causing him to stumble in surprise. He closed his eyes from pure instinct and only opened them when he heard a unique laughter.

 

"Hahahahaha! Kyuhyun! You'd have seen your face just now! Oh my god, that was hilarious!"

"Jongwoon!!? What are you? A five years old kid!!?"

"I told you to move," Jongwoon stuck his tongue out, "it's your fault for not listening to me."

"Fine! If you want to use the damn shredder that much then go ahead!"

 

Kyuhyun snarled at the silly older man who had the nerve to smile very cutely and smugly at him. He stepped aside to make way for Jongwoon and leaned against the wall to keep watching the shorter man. The black-haired man outright pretended that he didn't exist and started shredding the paper while humming softly. Kyuhyun's glare softened at the charming voice and small smile at the corner of Jongwoon's lips. Because the older man didn't look his way, Kyuhyun spent his sweet time sweeping his gaze up and down the man's slim figure. Then, he frowned after seeing Jongwoon's top two buttons unclasped and the lapel spread wide. Jongwoon showed off his gorgeous neck again! Clicking his tongue in annoyance, Kyuhyun looked around and smirked seeing a pile of shredded paper in a bin.

 

"Hm~ Hmm~ Hm— Ahhhhhhh!! what the hell is that thing in my shirt!!!!?"

 

Jongwoon jumped around in surprise while shouting. At the same time, Kyuhyun laughed his head off at the older man who cursed loudly while trying to get strange objects out of his shirt— a handful of shredded paper that he stuffed into Jongwoon's shirt from behind. Unable to get them out by his hands, Jongwoon pulled his shirt out of the jeans and shook it crazily. However, he still couldn't get all paper off of himself so he pulled the shirt up, revealing his flat tummy.

 

Kyuhyun immediately stopped laughing.

 

"What the did you do!!? How the hell am I going to take— ah!"

 

Jongwoon cried out when Kyuhyun suddenly grabbed his shoulder and not so gently shoved him against the wall. Then, Kyuhyun moved to cage the shorter man by placing his hands on the wall by Jongwoon's head, blocking the older man from other people's eyes in the office.

 

"What's wrong with you Kyuhyun!!? Step back!!"

"And let the world see you undressing? Nope."

"I'm not a maiden! I won't die just by showing a bit of my skin!"

"But someone else might."

Jongwoon frowned, "who?"

"Who else if it isn't m— I mean, our poor coworkers who have to witness your chubby stomach and flawed skin."

"What the heck!!? I'm very in shape and my skin is flawless!"

 

As if to prove his points, Jongwoon ed his shirt and yanked it apart, showing his indeed thin and flawless upper body to the taller man. Kyuhyun breathed in sharply while staring at the shorter man's skin. Then, he gulped nervously when his gaze fell to a pair of pinkish buds that made his mouth water. Having zero clues about the way Kyuhyun staring at him, Jongwoon brushed the pieces of paper on his body off, not knowing that his action was driving Kyuhyun crazy.

 

"Goddamn it, Jongwoon, hurry up and get dressed!"

"What? What's wrong with taking time?"

"Your ugly body is an eyesore!"

"The hell!!? Then, I'm going to walk around like this and ask everyone so you'll know that I have a perfect bo—"

 

Kyuhyun didn't let the older man finish his speech. He buttoned the shirt back himself while Jongwoon stared at his hands quietly. He buttoned it up to the first button causing the shorter man to cough. Once he was done, he patted the white shirt to set it neatly (and sneakily felt the soft skin underneath).

 

"There, no one has to witness a sorry sight now."

"Shut up before I stuff the shredded paper into your good-for-nothing mouth."

 

Kyuhyun smirked and took his hands back reluctantly.

 

"Speaking of shredded paper, hurry up and take care of your paper so I can use the shredder."

"I don't need you to tell me, brat, but, give me a sec."

 

Kyuhyun was about to stepped back but the older man stopped him. Jongwoon suddenly threaded his fingers through his hair and he temporarily forgot how to breathe, too busy staring into the mesmerizing dark eyes. By the time he recalled how to breathe, the soft touch had left him while holding a small piece of paper.

 

"You got a piece of paper stuck in your hair, you dummy."

"...Whose fault do you think it is?"

 

Kyuhyun mumbled weakly and turned around. He quickly walked away while ignoring the charming voice that called after him. He covered his face in his palm and took a turn. He didn't need a mirror to know that he was blushing right now.

.

.

.

"Hey! What about your documents? Are you going to just leave it here?"

 

Jongwoon shouted after the younger man but got no response. Puffing his cheeks, he gathered Kyuhyun's stack of paper and placed it on top of his stack. Just today, he will be a good senior and takes care of it for the incompetent brat. He hummed happily while putting paper into the machine. Suddenly, he remembered Kyuhyun's large hands touching his body and he began to blush unstoppably.

 

"Kyuhyun smells so good..."

 

Jongwoon grinned to himself while touching his warm cheeks, not knowing that the entire floor saw everything and heard every word.

 

 

Just get married already!

 

 

Everyone thought to themselves in unison.

 

************************

 

After Jongwoon was done shredding the paper (both his and Kyuhyun's, because the brat didn't come back in the end), he went back to his desk. From across the office, he saw Kyuhyun talking on the phone with someone, probably a client. The brown-haired man who was wearing Bluetooth headphones smiled widely and it irked Jongwoon. Kyuhyun had never smiled like that at him, not at all. He found his right-hand man and best friend, Donghae, working on something in his laptop. He walked to Donghae's desk and leaned against it, gaining attention from his friend.

 

"Is something the matter, Jongwoon hyung?"

"Do you know who Kyuhyun is talking with right now on the phone?"

"Hmm, wait a sec, lemme ask Hyukjae."

 

Donghae tabbed to Kakao application and asked Hyukjae in a chat. After a short while, he got a reply and read it aloud for his boss.

 

"He said it's a rising super model named Victoria-ssi. Apparently, she has a huge fanbase in Italy where Kyuhyun plans his next branch store so he wants her to be our brand representative."

"Victoria...? Donghae-ah, look up her profile on Google."

"Aye-aye,"

 

Donghae obediently searched the name on Google and opened a Wikipedia article about the woman for his superior. Jongwoon frowned after seeing how gorgeous the super model was. She seemed to fit every criteria of Kyuhyun's types (that he found out after having Donghae ask Hyukjae to ask Kyuhyun)— shining obsidian eyes, slightly chubby cheeks, beautiful and sweet smile, and cute small hands. Jongwoon looked up at Kyuhyun again while still frowning. The younger man's desk was at the other end of the office so he didn't know what they were talking about, but Kyuhyun was all smiling and chuckling. And that annoyed him to no end. Looking around his subordinate's desk, he saw a bunch of paper balls on Donghae's desk and smirked.

.

.

.

"That's right. You're the perfect person for this role. Your personality matches very well with our brand's image so— ouch!"

 

While Kyuhyun was talking with the potential influencer for his next project, something light hit his head and made him cry out in surprise. He looked around and saw a small paper ball rolling on the floor. Picking it up, he didn't have to waste any time searching for the culprit because Jongwoon was smirking and waving his hand from the other side of the office. Kyuhyun glared at the childish man and mouthed "leave me alone" to him, before returning to the call. However, not even a minute had passed when he was hit by another paper ball that bounced off his head and rolled on the desk. He turned to glare at the older man again while still talking with the supermodel. He was thinking of giving Jongwoon a middle finger but his resolve melted after seeing the way the black-haired man tilting his head and smiling sweetly at him (though it wasn't sincere at all). So, he could only curse inwardly and ignore the weak assault. He maintained his upbeat tone and turned his back at the older man. Jongwoon would probably get bored soon if he didn't give any reaction.

.

.

.

Jongwoon thinned his lips in great annoyance. He had already thrown all paper balls on Donghae's desk at Kyuhyun but the younger man still refused to look at him. Kyuhyun kept chatting while smiling and chuckling. The sight upsetted him to a great deal when he realized that he had never seen Kyuhyun smiled or chuckled like that when the younger was with him, only an annoyed frown, condescended smirk, or angry snarl...

 

"Kyuhyun, you idiot, why don't you look at me...?"

 

Donghae looked up from his laptop and sighed when he saw his boss staring at Kyuhyun with a heartbroken look.

 

"Hyung, have you considered telling the truth?"

"Huh? What truth?"

"That you love Kyuhyun?"

 

Jongwoon gasped at his close friend who spoke the forbidden words. He straightened himself at once and sat down on Donghae's lap instead. While the younger yelped in surprise, he grabbed Donghae's shoulder and shook it.

 

"Donghae-ah, I know you love the "enemy-to-lover" trope but reality is different from fictions. I mean, look at that brat."

 

Still sitting on Donghae's lap, Jongwoon pointed at Kyuhyun. Right now, the brown-haired man was glaring deathly at their direction and Jongwoon could only sigh. As he thought, Kyuhyun never smiled at him. He turned away and snuggled closer to Donghae to comfort his broken heart.

 

"Have you ever seen Kyuhyun smiling or laughing like that when he's with me? No? That's because Kyuhyun hates me..."

 

Donghae tried to pry his boss off of himself but the older man only hugged him tighter. He cried inwardly when he saw Kyuhyun glaring daggers at him from across the room. If Kyuhyun had laser eyes, then Donghae would have been burned to ash now.

 

"Jongwoon hyung, can you get up? You're shortening my lifespan..."

"Hn, nope, I'm still sad— ouch!!"

 

Jongwoon yelped when something hit his head. He got up from Donghae's lap and looked around. He saw a paper ball on the floor and crouched down to pick it up. Standing up, he got hit again right in his face. He rubbed his nose and saw Kyuhyun smirking at him while showing a paper ball in his hand. He would have cursed at the younger man if Kyuhyun didn't point at his headphones, implying that the call was still ongoing. So, he could only mumble a curse and went back to his desk since he didn't want to bother Donghae anymore. Kyuhyun also turned back and focused on the call again, a pleasant smile apparent on his lips. Jongwoon threw a quiet tantrum by tearing a page out of his notebook. Then, just as he was about to ball it and throw it at Kyuhyun, an idea popped up in his head and he giggled mischievously.

.

.

.

"Of course, we'll send a catalog to you so you can take a look at our products first before making a decision. Yes. I understand. Then—"

 

A paper airplane landed on his desk. Kyuhyun picked it up while still talking with the Victoria. There was something written on the airplane's wing.

 

Open it for a surprise ;)

 

Obviously, Kyuhyun memorized Jongwoon's handwriting to his heart. He looked across the office and his heart skipped a beat when he saw the older man winking at him. His chest felt warm from expectation as he quickly unfolded the paper airplane...

 

Gotcha!

Look at your stupid smile~

You're not a clown but an entire circus LMAO

 

Kyuhyun gritted teeth as he crumpled the paper into a ball and harshly threw it in a bin under the desk. Then, he ended the call and shot up from the chair, before striding towards the black-haired man's desk.

.

.

.

Jongwoon couldn't stop grinning as he saw Kyuhyun stomping towards him. He finally succeeded in getting the younger man's attention! He puffed his chest out proudly as Kyuhyun snatched his wrist and pulled him up from a chair.

 

"You! Go take care of the mess!"

"Kyuhyun, Kyuhyun! No matter how awesome I am, I don't think I'm skilled enough to fix the mess of the project that you have brought upon yourself."

"Shut up. My team's project is going smoothly. I was talking about those stupid paper balls that you flung at me like a monkey at a zoo."

"Hey! You rude brat, did you just call me a monkey!!?"

 

Jongwoon protested but didn't put up a fight. He let the taller man drag him to his desk at the other side of the office, all the while secretly beaming at the large hand securing around his wrist. Even after arriving at the destination, Kyuhyun still held his wrist firmly but he didn't bother to point it out. The brown-haired man glared at him and pointed at the paper balls scattering on the floor around the desk.

 

"There, clean up your own mess."

"Why should I? It's your desk so your responsibility."

"As if these paper balls appeared out of the thin air! Jongwoon, clean up now or I'll go get ajumma."

 

Jongwoon immediately shut up at that. The ajumma that Kyuhyun mentioned was the company's housekeeper that everyone was afraid of. This late-forty lady was very strict and blunt. She wasn't scared of anyone (not even Director Ryeowook) and would bite your head off if you ever made a mess in the company, something that Jongwoon was currently doing. Jongwoon huffed and (reluctantly) snatched his wrist off the younger man's hold.

 

"Fine! I'll clean up, not because I'm scared of ajumma but because I'm a respectful adult."

 

With that said, Jongwoon kneeled down on the floor and started picking up his weapons before throwing them in a bin. Kyuhyun snorted but didn't make a comment. The brown-haired man sat down on the chair and resumed his work. Realizing that he should go back to work too, Jongwoon increased his speed until only two paper balls were left. One paper ball had rolled into the corner under the desk so he had to crawl under it to pick it up, unintentionally rising his hip while doing so. Unbeknown to Jongwoon, Kyuhyun was gawking at his bottom while gulping thirstily.

 

"A bit more... Gotch— Hn! OUCH!!!"

 

Just as Jongwoon successfully grabbed the paper ball, something harshly squeezed and slapped his . Startled, he accidentally moaned and raised his head up, so his head hit right at the desk. Crawling out while whining in pain, he glared at the younger man who was looking down and smirking at him.

 

"Oh? That was your ? It was so flat that I mistook it as a drawer. My bad!"

"Cho ing Kyuhyun!!! I'll kill you!"

 

Jongwoon pushed himself up from the floor, ready to murder the annoying bastard. However, Ryeowook had to choose this moment of all the time to drop by the sales department so he could only snarl at Kyuhyun. Not wanting to be accused of slacking off, Jongwoon quickly threw the paper ball in his hand into the bin and headed back to his desk. He walked past the manager on his way back so he happily greeted Ryeowook.

 

"Manager, good afternoon!"

"Good afternoon, Jongwoon. Working hard?"

"You bet! Just you wait and see, manager, my team will definitely outperform Kyuhyun's in next quarter meeting."

 

Ryeowook nodded and smiled at the eager sales manager. He continued his trip thinking of checking on the other team led by Kyuhyun. Then, he saw something stuck to the black-haired man's bottom and he resisted an urge to roll his eyes.

 

"Jongwoon, you might want to check your back."

"My back...?"

 

Jongwoon glanced over his shoulder at his back. Then, he cursed loudly seeing a paper stuck to his bottom by a Scotch Tape. It was obvious that this was Kyuhyun's prank. He peeled it off and read it.

 

Free drawer for usage  ;)

 

"CHO KYUHYUN!!!"

 

Jongwoon roared angrily. Uncaring about his work and his manager, he stomped back to the brat's desk who was already waiting for him with a gleeful smirk. He showed the paper in his hand to the younger man while still striding.

 

"I'll definitely kill you this—"

"Jongwoon! Watch out!!"

 

Jongwoon stepped on the last paper ball that he forgot to throw away. It slid off from under his shoe and sent him sliding backward. He braced himself for the impact but it never came, because Kyuhyun was able to grab his arm and pull him back first. His body flew forward per the force and he fell on Kyuhyun. He was practically straddling the younger man whose hands were on his arm and his waist to secure him. He fought back a blush threatening to creep on his cheeks while having an inner turmoil. He was too close to Kyuhyun, his hands were on Kyuhyun's chest, his knee was between Kyuhyun's thighs, and the tip of their noses were slightly brushing. Jongwoon got lost in Kyuhyun's warm brown eyes while the younger man was also rendered speechless by the closeness. As if he was put under a spell, Kyuhyun leaned in very slowly until he could feel Jongwoon's warm breath teasing his lips...

 

"Jongwoon..."

"Y-You !!!"

 

Jongwoon didn't let the taller man finish his speech. He shoved himself out of Kyuhyun's embrace and slapped the prank paper on Kyuhyun's face, before stomping away. Kyuhyun took the paper out of his face with an annoyed sigh. He didn't know that Jongwoon hated him that much and it bothered him a lot. But he couldn't do anything about the golden opportunity he just lost so he just went back to work. Glancing at the message on the paper, Kyuhyun couldn't help but his lips while recalling the feeling of Jongwoon's round and soft in his palm.

 

", I want to squeeze his again..."

 

Kyuhyun murmured to himself, not knowing that his manager who was right behind him heard everything clearly.

 

 

Just get married already.

 

 

Ryeowook thought to himself while coughing imaginary blood of single people who happened to witness an idiot couple shamelessly flirting.

 

********************************

 

It was time for monthly complaint inspection. Ryeowook took a small paper out of the box and read it one by one. Most of the complaints from his employees were similar, something about bonus or days off. Some paper suggested a place to go for the company annual outing and Ryeowook wrote it down for later. He kept reading it until...

 

Please do something about the lovebirds.

 

Ryeowook immediately knew that this complaint was from someone from the sales department. He put it on a separate pile, knowing all too well that there were more to come...

 

Can't you just hold a wedding for them?

I suggest locking them in a room together.

My doctor said my blood sugar level is off the chart and they are to blame.

I got distracted because of their flirting.

Don't we have no children policy? Please do something about these two big kids.

 

...And many more complaints along the lines. Ryeowook sighed while counting the number of complaints relating to Jongwoon and Kyuhyun, and he found out that it was exactly the number of employees in the sales department. He guessed they were probably fed up with their two superiors tiptoeing around each other. Ryeowook sighed. Two years. He kept watching Jongwoon and Kyuhyun from afar for two years, thinking that they would sort it out soon since both of them were an adult. However, it was obvious now that these two fools in love weren't able to communicate properly.

 

"It seems like I have to take the matter into my hands."

 

Ryeowook said to himself as he came up with a plan to finally end this silly war of pining.

 

*******************

 

"Jongwoon, Kyuhyun, follow me."

 

Jongwoon and Kyuhyun were working at their desks when their boss walked into the office. Both men got up and came to see Ryeowook who nodded at them. Then, Ryeowook turned around and led the two men out of the office. While the managing director was walking in silence, Jongwoon and Kyuhyun were exchanging a confused gaze. Neither of them had any idea why they got called. Kyuhyun wanted to ask their superior but Jongwoon stopped him, gesturing at Ryeowook's silence to imply that it wasn't the right time. So, they quietly followed their boss until they stopped in front of a storage room.

 

"I have an urgent task for you two, sorting the documents in this room."

"What?" Kyuhyun frowned, "boss, you're kidding, right?"

"Do I look like I'm joking around? Jongwoon, Kyuhyun, you two are assigned to sorting the documents kept in this room. Separate important documents and recycle the rest. Got it?"

 

Although they had many questions, both men nodded obediently. Then, Jongwoon stepped into the room first and headed straight to the document shelves with Kyuhyun following closely behind. As usual, they immediately started to argue about where to start. While Jongwoon and Kyuhyun were busy arguing, they didn't know that Ryeowook slowly closed the door behind them and locked it from the outside. Jongwoon soon noticed the close door. He tried to turn the doorknob but to no avail. When Kyuhyun caught up with the situation, he tried to open the door as well but failed just like Jongwoon.

 

"Manager Ryeowook, what are you doing!!?" Jongwoon shouted while knocking on the door.

"That's right, boss, this isn't fun at all," Kyuhyun said while knocking on the door too.

 

They got a piece of A4 paper sliding under the door as an answer.

 

I won't let you out until you two are done taking care of your problems. Btw, this room didn't have any surveillance cameras so feel free to "talk" to your heart's content. Though I advise you to be careful with the noise.

 

"Manager, what's the meaning of this!!?"

"It meant what I just said, Jongwoon, sort your problems and I'll let you out."

"But there's nothing that I have to sort out with this childish guy!"

"Yeah, you keep telling yourself that, Kyuhyun. As I said, if you want to get out then talk. I'll come back in an hour. If you two are done talking then just write a message in the paper and slide it out."

 

Both Jongwoon and Kyuhyun were quick to protest but they still couldn't beat Ryeowook who had already left at their first syllable. Left together in the locked room, awkward silence filled the room as both men were still in the middle of comprehending the situation.

 

"Did Ryeowook just lock us in this room...?"

"I know that you're slow but isn't this a bit too much? You just realized that?"

 

Jongwoon glared at the younger man who provoked him but decided not to fall for it. He ignored the taller man and sat down, leaning against the door. Much to Jongwoon's joy, Kyuhyun didn't hesitate to sit down beside him and his heart fluttered at their brushing knees (though he wouldn't admit it to the younger). He stared at his hands in boredom while the man beside him glanced up at the ceiling. A few minutes then passed with nothing but the sound of their breathings and ventilation fan. Neither of them said anything. Jongwoon had nothing to say and he guessed the same going for Kyuhyun. So, they just sat in surprisingly serene silence. It was probably the first time that they didn't fight and Jongwoon quite liked it. He liked having Kyuhyun beside him.

 

Kyuhyun broke the silence, "are we not going to talk?"

"Talk about what?"

"I dunno but boss won't let us out unless we talk, right?"

 

 

A sudden pang stabbed his heart. Jongwoon thinned his lips. Did Kyuhyun hate him so much that he couldn't bare being locked in here with him? He stubbornly bit back.

 

"But I have nothing to say so you're gonna suffering in here with me, brat."

"Good, because I have nothing to say too."

 

For some reason, Kyuhyun sounded really pissed and it made Jongwoon instinctively try to make himself smaller. They continued to sit in silence, but the atmosphere was awkward now because of the bickering. Jongwoon played with his fingers while Kyuhyun stared at nowhere in particular (though he actually stole a glance at Jongwoon whenever the older man didn't realize). Kyuhyun kept staring at Jongwoon who was now miles away and smiled fondly. Then, he noticed a bead of sweat forming on Jongwoon's forehead. The storage room only had one ventilation fan so it was quite hot and stuffy. He abruptly stood up, startling Jongwoon in the process, and headed to the nearest shelf. He picked one discarded paper and made a paper fan from it. After that, he sat back down beside Jongwoon and began to fan himself, although he intentionally did in a way that the older man felt the wind too.

 

"Kyuhyun...?"

"What are you looking at? If you want it then go make one yourself."

 

Jongwoon bit the inside of his cheeks to stop a smile. He couldn't help but interpret Kyuhyun's action as care, although the way the younger man scowling at him was everything but care. The awkwardness disappeared and was replaced by something akin to a cup of warm chocolate in a winter night. After a short while, Jongwoon took the greatest risk in his life and carefully put his head on Kyuhyun's shoulder. He held his breath when Kyuhyun's body stiffened but released it after the other party showed no sigh of pushing him away.

 

"What? Suddenly lose your spine?"

"Shut up. A chair isn't supposed to talk."

 

Kyuhyun snorted but let the older man do as he please. He even shifted his posture so that Jongwoon could lean more comfortably on him while moving the paper fan faster. Jongwoon hummed contentedly and dropped more of his weight on the younger man. Then, he jumped slightly when Kyuhyun put an arm around his waist, pulling him in closer.

 

"What? Does your arm suddenly lose strength?"

"You're just an armrest so shut up."

 

Despite the harsh words, Kyuhyun's voice lacked malice so Jongwoon happily grinned to himself. The atmosphere in the room right now was very warm and fluffy, like a freshly baked muffin.

 

Maybe he didn't hate me...?

 

Both men thought to themselves at same time while sitting side by side. Each pondered about their (supposedly) archenemy's actions. For some reason, the small gentleness that they were experiencing right now from the other party outweighed all the antagonism and fights in the past years, and they were more than ready to forgive those actions.

 

"Jongwoon...?"

"Yes?"

"Should we talk now?"

"Talk? But...?"

 

Jongwoon didn't want to be the first to say it. Some tiny pessimistic part of him whispered poisonous words into his ear. What if he just misunderstood the younger man's intention and ruined everything? He didn't want Kyuhyun to actually hate him. Unbeknown to Jongwoon, Kyuhyun was also having the same thought. That was why he was first to bring up the topic, hoping that the older man would say it first. For that reason, silence enveloped them again as they got stuck in a deadlock. Until Jongwoon straightened up and looked at Kyuhyun.

 

"Well, how about we speak up together at the same time?"

"That's a great idea. Count to three?"

"Yes. One..."

"Two."

""Three.""

 

Silence.

 

"Brat, why don't you say something!!?"

"That should be my line! You didn't speak up too!"

 

Jongwoon whinned but Kyuhyun quickly retorted. However, both men's complaint sounded weak to even their ears because they were busy blushing. The more they stared at the other party's flustered expression, the redder they became. Kyuhyun looked away while covering his lower face in his hand, and Jongwoon had to look down to hide his crimson cheeks. For a long while, there were only the sound of the ventilation fan and their heartbeats that echoed within the room.

 

"So," Kyuhyun spoke up after composing himself, "those two years, all the fights, they were just a misunderstanding?"

"It's more like a silly miscommunication but, yeah, you get the gist."

 

Jongwoon murmured a reply after he had glanced up again. Then, their eyes met. Both of them got startled and their faces turned redder. They fought back an urge to look away like what they normally did and continued to hold the gaze. They didn't want to look away from the truth before them, not anymore.

 

Kyuhyun faked a cough, "well, if both of us don't want to say it yet, because of stupid ego or whatever reasons, how about we just skip it altogether?"

"For now?"

"For now."

 

Kyuhyun assured the older man and cupped his face gently with a fond smile decorating his lips. Jongwoon nuzzled against the warm and large palm while smiling. Their hearts danced to the same harmony as their gazes locked while leaning into each other slowly...

 

 

Their lips met.

.

.

.

An hour later...

 

 

Ryeowook came back to the storage room to check on the two troublemakers. He saw a piece of paper under the door and picked it up. Then, he smiled widely after reading the message— Kyuhyun's handwriting.

 

 

Let us out or else we'll make out instead of make up.

 

 

"Finally! You fools..."

 

Ryeowook shook his head amusedly and unlocked the door. Jongwoon and Kyuhyun immediately bolted out of the room. Both of them looked slightly disheveled. Their faces flushed healthily red. Both sported a few hickeys on their necks and their lips were slightly swollen.

 

 

Ryeowook pretended to not notice it.

 

*************************************

 

Three months later...

 

 

"What the hell!!? That plan is too risky! What if it didn't work out and we wasted money for nothing?"

"Foreign marketing is my specialty so you must have faith in me, Jongwoon-ah."

"But online marketing is also my specialty! Kyuhyun-ah, can't you listen to me for once?"

"No offense, love, but your suggestion ."

"CHO KYUHYUN!!!"

 

Jongwoon harshly banged the table with his palms. He sprung out of his seat and stomped to the front of the meeting room where Kyuhyun, his boyfriend, was giving a presentation. He shoved the paper in his hand in the younger man's face.

 

"See? This study shows that excessive advertisment actually causes opposite results from what desired, especially in online ads"

"This is America we're talking about. A few ads won't help us grab their attention. Besides, they love something unique and fancy."

"That maybe true but your plan is still too risky. Kyuhyun-ah, I really mean it, reconsider that."

 

Kyuhyun softened down at the older man's coaxing tone but he still wouldn't back down on his decision. If Jongwoon wouldn't agree with him, then he had another plan to convince his boyfriend. He smiled and lowered his head, aiming at the full lips. However, Jongwoon perfectly predicted his move and raised up the paper to cover his lips. Despite the obstacle, Kyuhyun still knew that his beloved boyfriend was smiling based on his curved, beautiful crescent eyes.

 

"I'm not going to fall for the same trick!"

 

Jongwoon said gleefully from behind the paper. The older man seemed so confident that he had already won and it prompted Kyuhyun to snort fondly.

 

"You can't convince me so give—"

 

Kyuhyun held Jongwoon's nape and guided him to look up. Then, he ignored the paper that was in the way and kissed his boyfriend through the paper. Jongwoon widened his eyes in shock. The paper sheet was considerably thin so he could easily feel Kyuhyun's lips— the warmth, the shape, and the way they moved against his lips. His heart lurched dizzily and threatened to burst as he felt the tip of Kyuhyun's tongue sensually tracing along his bottom lip before retreating.

 

"T-That's not fair! How can I win against you if you're cheating like this..."

 

Jongwoon mumbled while hiding his whole face behind the paper and Kyuhyun found the sight to be extremely adorable. He held the lovely small hands and lowered them to reveal his boyfriend's beautiful flushing face, before pressing a short kiss on Jongwoon's forehead.

 

"Then, how about we compromise? Let's revise the plan together, Jongwoon-ah."

"Kyuhyun-ah..."

 

Jongwoon beamed and nodded happily, drawing a fond laughter from Kyuhyun. Although his laughter abruptly subsided when the older man suddenly closed in and pecked his lips.

 

"Thank you for listening to my advice. I love you, Kyuhyun-ah."

"Love you too, baby."

 

The couple smiled at each other in their own world, completely forgetting about the meeting that was ongoing now...

 

 

 

 

Another typical day with KyuSung couple shamelessly flirting with each other.

 

 

Ryeowook thought to himself and took a sip of the tea. Damn, thanks to this lovey-dovey couple, his tea tasted freaking sweet even though he didn't add sugar.

 

*************************

 

Author's note:

 

This is my first time writing a rival to lover fic, I think? Although it's not exactly rival cuz Kyuhyun and Jongwoon here actually love each other xD I also think their misunderstanding got resolved too easily but I don't know any other way to end it hahaha. Btw, that paper kiss at the end is inspired from the true KyuSung event here  hehehe ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (2 minutes in)

Anyway, last week was very hellish for me :(  I was exhausted and barely wrote anything. So, there might not be update next week. If that's the case, I'll post some old fic in Black_Lily's Library instead so you guys still have something to read~

Take care and stay safe!