Hourglass (4/4)

Objects of Love

They were led to the CEO's office on the top floor where his father was waiting with a dark expression. The male secretary brought a few blankets for them and excused himself. Kyuhyun ignored his father's glare and busied himself with making sure that his boyfriend was properly covered and warm. To his surprise, the older man actually waited until he was done making a burrito out of the pink-haired boy before speaking up.

 

"So? Kim Jongwoon, what are you trying to gain from this foolish attempt?"

"Achoo! Mister Cho, please forgive me for using an underhand trick like this but it's the only way you and Kyuhyun will finally talk heart-to-heart."

"What?" Kyuhyun exclaimed, "no, Jongwoon, I don't have anything to say to this man."

"Kyuhyun... Can you do it for me...? Just, listen to me first..."

 

How could he say no to that cute kitten gaze? Obviously, he could only grumble and sit back down. Jongwoon beamed and squeezed his hand as a thank you, before turning to face the eldest in the room.

 

"Mister Cho, I know that you really love and care about your son but at this rate, you two will only grow apart from misunderstanding and I don't want that. I want Kyuhyun to be happy."

"Jongwoon, you're talking nonsense. This man never cared about me."

"... What would you know about me or my son? You're just an outsider."

"My boyfriend isn't—!"

"Kyuhyun," Jongwoon smiled at him, "trust me to take care of it, alright?"

"Ugh, fine! But I won't sit still if he hurts you!"

"He won't! Your father is actually very kind!"

"How bold of you, young man, to claim that as if you know me."

"It's not a baseless claim, Sir. Sorry Kyuhyun, but I secretly looked up your family's background after you told me about your mother. Sir, ever since the tragic event, you rarely traveled by plane and opted for online conferences unless it's very crucial. You forbade Kyuhyun from becoming a pilot but allowed him to choose other careers as he wished. I also took the liberty and checked the messages that you've been sending to your son all these years. Although they were blunt and awkward, I could sense genuine care behind them. Every holiday and school break, you always asked him to come home even though you know that Kyuhyun never replied. I'm an outsider so it might be presumptuous of me to assume, but, Sir, I think you want to reconcile with your son but you have no idea how to apologize."

"...What gives you the confidence to utter such a claim?"

 

Jongwoon suddenly giggled and turned to look at him with an amused gaze.

 

"Because your son is exactly like you! Really, like father, like son!"

"What? Jongwoon, what are you talking about?"

"Pfft, dearest boyfriend, did you already forget about the time you threw my plushie out of the window? I could tell from your look that you felt guilty but you didn't know how to apologize!"

"But I'm not like father! I don't go around crushing people's dreams!"

"You told me during our first meeting that I'd never become a judge."

"But, but, then, my dream, I'm his son, why...?"

"This is my guess but based on your father's avoidance of planes, he's probably afraid of losing you too after what happened to the madam."

"No... Impossible... If he really cares about me... Right! If father genuinely cares about me, then why does he force us to break up!!?"

"Because he didn't want you to face the criticism and backlash. Kyuhyun, we're lucky that our friends and teachers support our relationship but the world is bigger than our school. As a whole, homouality is still frowned upon and you might have a hard time in the future if we keep dating. In fact, he only let us in now after he saw that you were going to stay out in the snow with me. I know it's hard for you but, believe me, he really cares about you."

".........."

 

Kyuhyun was speechless. He didn't want to believe that the man whom he hated and had been avoiding actually cared about him. But he knew his boyfriend by heart. Jongwoon liked to joke around but he knew when to be serious. Plus, the pink-haired boy genuinely wanted him to be happy so he must have pondered carefully before saying that. Then, if his boyfriend didn't lie, so, it meant... Kyuhyun looked at his father for the first time since he stepped into the office and he felt a lump in his throat. The older man looked tired and melancholic unlike the cold father in his head. Noticing his gaze, his father glanced at him but quickly averted his eyes as if he was in shame. He said nothing and continued to stare at his father as Jongwoon spoke up again.

 

"Sir, I beg of you, reconsider your decision. Allow Kyuhyun to chase after his heart and dream, please..."

"...You're just an outsider so you can say whatever you want!! I can't... I won't let it happen... I already lost my wife... I can't lose our only son too..."

"Father..."

"Besides, can you guarantee that my son will be happy if I let him pursue his goals?"

"Sir, I'll be frank. I can't guarantee that nothing bad will happen to your son because the future is uncertain, and I hate giving empty promises. However,"

 

Jongwoon smiled and squeezed his hand.

 

"I love Kyuhyun and I'm ready to face any uncertainty in this world with him, no matter the obstacles."

"Jongwoon..."

 

Squeezing the precious smaller hand back, Kyuhyun looked into his father's eyes and added with confidence.

 

"Father, I'm still not sure how to feel about the fact that you might actually care about me. However, I want you to give me a chance to see the world with my most precious person. Please allow me to become a pilot and date Kim Jongwoon."

"....."

 

His father looked back and forth between them with a conflicted look but they stared back unflinchingly. Their hands hooked and never let go as they waited for the older man's final judgment.

 

"Kyuhyun...?"

"Yes, father?"

"Are you happy with your life right now?"

 

Kyuhyun looked to his left at the pink-haired boy without hesitation and his boyfriend smiled back shyly. A genuine smile blossomed on his face as he answered truthfully.

 

"Yes, I've never felt this at peace ever since mother passed away."

"I see..."

 

His father sighed.

 

"Alright, young man, you won. You managed to convince me like how you did to my son. I'll allow you two to date and look into pilot schools for Kyuhyun."

"Father! Thank you!"

"Thank you so much, Sir! Now, if you two will excuse me, I need to faint..."

 

With that said, Jongwoon's body dropped on him weightlessly and he held the smaller boy in shock. He only realized just now that his boyfriend's body was as cold as ice! He was worried about the issues between him and his father that he temporarily forgot about the pink-haired boy being exposed to the cold for many hours. He vaguely heard his father shout 'ambulance' but didn't pay attention to it. He only focused on the boy in his arms whose face turned paler with each passing minute...

 

 

"Jongwoon! Stay with me!!"

.

.

.

"Father, what did the doctor say?"

"Mild hypothermia but he's alright now, though he has to be hospitalized for a few days to check up later."

"Thank heavens..."

 

Kyuhyun sighed and grasped the small hand tightly. Jongwoon was sleeping soundly on the bed. Although the boy's face was still worryingly pale, his lips had some red color return now. His father came to stand beside him and looked at the patient quietly. He still hadn't sorted out his feelings yet so he had no clue how to act around his father. True, his father might care about him but that didn't equal his pain. He bit his lip when his cheek suddenly felt stung even though thirteen years had passed. Nothing could erase the nightmare that had been haunting him all these years.

 

"Kyuhyun...?"

"..."

"Kyuhyun... Kyuhyun-ah... Can we talk...?"

"...Sigh, if you have something to say then say it, father."

 

He reluctantly let go of the pink-haired boy's hand and turned around in the chair to face the older man. However, he didn't expect his father to bow at him.

 

"Father?"

"I'm terribly sorry for hurting you, Kyuhyun-ah, even though I knew that it wasn't your fault..."

"..."

"No matter how sorrowful I was, I shouldn't have laid my hand on you nor said those terrible words to you..."

"..."

"I don't know if you'll ever forgive me but I still want to say it. Kyuhyun-ah, I'm sorry..."

"..."

"If, if you're fine with it, can we be a family again? Can I... hold you like the old days...?"

"... I'm sorry, father, but I'm not ready for that yet."

"I see..." The older man smiled sadly, "I understand. After all, it's my fault that I didn't try to apologize sooner."

"But," Kyuhyun grabbed his father's hand and shook it, "I'm willing to try, fixing it, for our sakes, for mother's."

"Kyuhyun-ah..."

 

The older man cautiously placed another hand on top of his but he didn't pull away. Seeing that, his father grasped his hand firmer while smiling in relief. His usually mature and wise eyes were now reddened and softened in nostalgia.

 

"You really have grown up so much. You're taller than me now and your hand is as big as mine, my son."

"Well, it'll be my eighteenth birthday soon."

"That's right. It's just, you were so small when you were born."

"..."

"I'll never forget it. It was cloudy when your mother announced the pregnancy. Due to her poor health, everyone around her, the doctor, your grandparents, and even me, we were somewhat against it but Haneul insisted on keeping you. I tried to persuade her but changed my mind after I first felt your kick from inside the belly."

"..."

"We tried everything to keep Haneul's condition stable but she still underwent a premature birth, four weeks earlier than the due date. That day, I stayed in front of the ER for forty-eight hours, praying for your mother and your safe delivery. Then, a miracle happened, both of you made it safely and you were healthy against all odds. I quickly went to see you two and I saw you sleeping in Haneul's arms, a tiny boy in a thick bundle of towels. I happily greeted you and, and,"

 

The older man took a breath to calm his shaky voice.

 

"You greeted me back by grasping my finger tightly. Kyuhyun-ah, your little hand barely enveloped my finger back then but you're all grown up now... Haneul would be very happy and proud to see you right now..."

"Father..."

"Kyuhyun-ah, you're neither a child of misfortune nor do I regret having you. You're our precious treasure. Your mother and I, the day when you were born is the happiest day of our lives. We're happy and thankful that you chose to be born as our son."

 

 

"... Aren't you going to tell me that my existence isn't a mistake?"

"Well, I'm not the one whom you want to hear it from, right?" 

 

 

Kyuhyun was rendered speechless by his father's heartfelt confession. Jongwoon's words came back to him at once and he felt both amazed and relieved— amazed that his boyfriend really seemed to know everything and relieved that his boyfriend was correct. Although he would be undeniably happy if his roommate said these words to him, it couldn't be compared to hearing it from his father. He had been living with a belief that he shouldn't have been born and that his parents blamed him for their misfortune. Now, however, any chains that used to trap him in the past were broken completely. Without a weight named guilt, he could step forward into the future confidently now, with his beloved Jongwoon and his father by his sides. He smiled from the bottom of his heart for the first time and grasped his father's rough hand back, feeling his eyes getting warmer due to the tears. It was never too late to have a family again, right?

 

"Thank you, I'm happy to be born as your and mother's son too. And... I'm sorry for not giving you a chance to explain yourself..."

"It's fine, son, it's my fault that I didn't try harder to apologize."

 

The handshake didn't last long and Kyuhyun awkwardly let it go. But they would be alright. They could take as much time as they wanted to slowly restore the broken relationship. His father also respected his feelings and looked at the boy on the bed instead. Then, the older man gave him one of his rare smiles.

 

"Your boyfriend, he's like your mother, kind, optimistic and stubborn, but not without sharp insight and great perception. Haneul would definitely love to have him as a son-in-law."

"Yes, that's exactly my boyfriend," Kyuhyun boasted proudly.

"You should take care of him well, Kyuhyun-ah. It's not easy to find someone who would go to such a length for you."

"I know, father, don't worry."

 

Kyuhyun smiled and enveloped the small hand in his palms, silently making a promise to always make the owner of this lovely hand happy.

 

*******************************************

 

About two hours later, Jongwoon finally regained consciousness. The pink-haired boy looked around the room with a tired and confused gaze. Kyuhyun helped his boyfriend sit up and carefully fed him a glass of water. While the smaller boy was collecting his thoughts, he kept kissing the boy's forehead or cheek while wrapping his arms around the thin body.

 

"You take me to the hospital? How long have I fainted?"

"About three hours. Father had already called the school and got 3 days' leave for us. Focus on recovering."

"Your father... That's right! Did you make up with him?"

"Even better. He apologized for hurting me and we agreed to start anew. It's all thanks to you, Jongwoon. I couldn't thank you enough... But!!"

"Ouch! Kyuhyun! Am a patient!! Ouch!"

"I took my eyes off you for a second and you ran away to do something dangerous! Do you know how much I was worried about you, seeing you in the news? My heart literally stopped beating!"

"I'm sorry..."

"You said that my father let us in only because he saw me, right? Why don't you take me with you from the beginning?"

"I have to show your father my determination, okay?"

"You fool..."

 

Kyuhyun cursed fondly and kissed his boyfriend. He supported the patient by cradling the nape and holding the thin body as he kneaded the full lips. He intended to keep the kiss short but his boyfriend had to by biting his lip and groping his shoulders. So, he punished the naughty boy by pushing him back on the bed and prolonging the kiss. He teased the smaller boy back with his tongue and caressed the slender thigh until he heard a soft moan. Then, he rubbed the flat tummy in circles and on the smooth shoulder blade to leave a hickey, before warning the pink-haired boy in a low seductive tone.

 

"Kim Jongwoon, stop teasing your boyfriend unless you want to be ed out of your wit in a patient gown."

"I was just kidding."

 

Jongwoon stuck out his tongue and got away from punishment with his aegyo. Kyuhyun sighed and pecked the chubby cheek in resignation.

 

"Sigh, you play me like a fool again. If Ryeowook knows, he'll definitely tease me for being a whipped boyfriend on top of possessive and jealous..."

"I'm full of surprise," Jongwoon winked, "my dear boyfriend, do you think you can handle me?"

"I'm not sure yet but I'm willing to try for the rest of our lives. I love you."

"And I'm eager to see your dorky attempts, Kyuhyun. I love you too."

 

 

Locking their hands together, their lips returned to find the other pair and connect to make a wordless promise— come what may, they will face the future together and never let go of the warm hand they are holding.

 

**************************************

 

10 years later...

 

 

"Everyone, I sincerely thank you for joining me on this special occasion. When I was young, it was my dream to become a pilot and flew among the clouds to see the world. With the help of two wonderful persons by my side, my father and my spouse,"

 

Kyuhyun looked at the two men who sat in the front row seat and smiled at them, before continuing his speech.

 

"I followed my dream and applied for a pilot school. However, I failed the test and my goal crumbled before my eyes. I accepted the harsh reality and studied what I excelled instead, business, and I thought that I won't be able to dream again. Then, one day, it occurred to me that, even if I can't dream anymore, I can still pass on my dream to other children who might share the same goal but lack an opportunity to pursue it. For that reason, the Cho Enterprise decided to launch a scholarship program for children who wish to be a pilot. We'll fully support the tuition and necessary expenses until their graduation, without asking for anything in return.

Of course, this is just a small but significant first step to more scholarship programs in the future, covering a wider range of occupations and supporting more children. Although the future can't be foreseen, I believe that, with our joined force, we can create a better society where our children can follow their hearts and dreams. I hope that everyone will support our project and be a part of helping the children's dreams come true. Thank you."

 

Kyuhyun bowed at the reporters and audience amidst loud applause. He smiled at the flashing cameras and let them take his photos for a few minutes, before walking down the stage to see his family. His smile widened and he crouched down to meet a young boy who dashed and jumped into his arms while squealing in joy. He stood up with his son in his arms and pecked the hyper boy's cheeks. Then, he smiled softly at a tall man with dark hair who returned the smile with a radiant beam.

 

"Congrats, Kyu, my dear husband looked so dashingly handsome giving the speech!"

"I was able to do it because you, father, and Hae-ah were watching me."

 

Kyuhyun freed one hand to caress his beautiful spouse's smooth skin and cup his face, before kissing the plump lips. Although he wanted to taste his beloved more so badly, the constant flashing light from cameras showering them made him reluctantly pull away with a sigh. Knowing his thoughts like the back of his hand, Jongwoon giggled and purposefully his lips, making him want to savor those luscious lips even more. Before he got to steal a quick peck, a firm hand was placed on his shoulder and squeezed it. He looked at the old man with grey streaks in his hair and smiled.

 

"You did it. I'm proud of you, my son."

"Thank you, father."

 

Kyuhyun gave the little boy to his spouse and hugged his father. He smiled when the older man patted his back in return. His relationship with his father improved greatly after he graduated from high school. As promised with his then-boyfriend, he was allowed to apply for a pilot school. His boyfriend and his father accompanied him on the exam day and embarrassed him by waving a colorful cheering banner and a lightstick. (He still had no idea how Jongwoon talked his father into this silly idea). He did amazing for the theoretical test and the interview but failed the physical exam. Turned out he was actually shortsighted, not much that it would interfere with his daily life but rendering him impossible to be a pilot. When he told them the result, his father looked at him awkwardly as if he wanted to comfort him but didn't dare to. So, he took the initiative and hugged the older man first. His father was stunned and hesitantly put his arms around him. Then, Jongwoon broke the awkward air between them by joining the hug and laughing heartily, and he fell even impossibly deeper for the pink-haired boy.

After that, he applied to a business college instead while his boyfriend went to a law school as he dreamed. He graduated in only three years and started helping out at the company, preparing to be the next director. However, Jongwoon (now his fiance) dropped out in the second year of college after realizing that his passion lay elsewhere—helping children. The young man now with black hair (his fiance said that he felt sorry for his scalp and stopped dyeing his hair) studied to be pediatric psychiatry and worked for a charity organization after graduating. Then, they got married when he successfully took over the company from his father at twenty-six years old. Their marriage faced a few backlash and boycotts of his business, but they got over everything together as they promised that day. The obstacles only made them love and appreciate their partner even more. Kyuhyun also kept another promise and jumped his wife whenever he felt like it, as long as the other man consented to it (and so far he never got turned down). Jongwoon always complained after their steamy make-out sessions that he was no longer a cute puppy but a erted leopard, to which he responded by showing his wife that he could be a cute doggo too if he wanted, doggy style, that is.

One year later, they were visiting an orphanage for their charity event and met a boy named Lee Donghae. They fell for the cheerful boy and decided to adopt him. Their lives were complete with an addition of a son and they couldn't ask for a better life. And it was their son who gave him the idea of the scholarship program. One day, they were spending family time together when Donghae suddenly proclaimed that he wanted to be a fish growing up. Obviously, it was an impossible dream but they did bring their son to an aquarium. Later on, Kyuhyun realized that he could help children to accomplish their dreams by funding their tuition and launching the scholarship program. With his father and spouse's support, the project officially came to life today and he successfully finished the press conference.

 

"Sir, Jongwoonie, Kyuhyun, do you want to go home now or...?"

"My father and Uncle Jungsu are waiting at the cafe, right?"

 

Jongwoon asked about his father and step-father while rocking the boy in his arms. His spouse's father was released from prison not long ago after completing his sentence and opened a small cafe. At the same time, Uncle Jungsu retired from his job and lived in peace with his dog. They introduced their parents to one another and the adults sometimes meet up at the cafe to spend time with their only angel nephew. Ryeowook, now working as their secretary, smiled and nodded.

 

"Yep! They made a promise with Donghae-ah to go shopping together before dinner. Sir, will you join them?"

"No, I already hoarded my nephew the entire morning so it's time for Donghae-ah to be with his other grandpas."

"But Donghae wanna play more!"

"Father, why don't you take Hae-ah to have lunch before dropping him at the cafe?"

"Ehhhh," the boy pouted, "daddy and appa won't play with Donghae?"

"We'll see you at dinner, dear, but for now..."

 

Kyuhyun smirked at his wife.

 

"Daddy has something very important to talk about with appa~"

"Ah! I have to check the feedback of the press con so see you two at dinner!"

"Donghae-ah, let's go eat ice cream with grandpa."

"Yeah! Ice cream!!"

 

Kyuhyun chuckled at his lover's dumbfounded expression after everyone basically ran away leaving the two of them behind. He wrapped his arms around the slender body and kissed behind the ear, before whispering in a teasing tone.

 

"Woon-ah, let's take a short rest before the dinner."

"Why do I feel like I won't get to rest...?"

.

.

.

.

"Damn it!! I should've known— A-Ah! Kyu! Stop biting me! I already ran out of make-up stories to tell— mmn!"

"My bad," Kyuhyun whispered unapologetically after breaking their lips apart, "I'll try to hold back. It's just, we haven't done it for four days..."

"Only four days! Jeez, my husband really has become a leopard, huh?"

"You were the one who told me to jump you whenever I want~ Dearest wife~"

 

Kyuhyun teased the smaller man and captured the pink lips before complaints were unleashed. They couldn't wait to get to the bedroom and were all over their lovers as soon as the front door was closed. He blindly stumbled into the living room while rubbing tongues with the black-haired man hanging on his waist. He growled during the messy kiss and pushed his wife against the shelf to the full bottom lip. The wooden shelf wobbled and a black hourglass fell off. Luckily, Jongwoon with his sixth sense caught it before it hit the floor and carefully put it back. His beloved life partner glared at him and Kyuhyun could only blink innocently, even though his was poking the soft bottom.

 

"Yah! You almost broke my eomma's gift and the symbol of our relationship!!"

"Sorry... To the couch?"

"Mm, anywhere but the kitchen and bathroom. Oh, not the balcony too!"

"As you wish~"

 

Kyuhyun grinned and strode to the couch in a hurry. He slumped down with the smaller man still straddling him and nibbled the smooth swan neck, trying his best to not leave any marks, all the while fondling his lover's buttocks to prepare the man. Jongwoon moaned and leaned back to expose more of his neck for him. While he was the racing pulse, the black-haired man glanced at the shelf and spoke up curiously.

 

"I've always wanted to ask you. Kyu, why did you put the hourglass here instead of our bedroom?"

"Mm, because I don't want you to hit me."

"What?"

"It reminds me too much of you, Woon-ah. So, I was afraid that I'll get hard all the time seeing it."

"What the hell?"

"The hourglass, Woon-ah, its beautiful pink sand..."

 

Kyuhyun kissed and his wife's flushing cheeks.

 

"Its polished black wood..."

 

Kyuhyun nuzzled his nose in his wife's dark hair and inhaled a scent of fresh green apple. Next, he dragged his lips sideways and gave both eyelids a light kiss.

 

"Its smooth glass surface..."

 

Kyuhyun rubbed the tip of his nose along the contour of his wife's oval face and traveled south to the crook of the slim neck, the sensitive area and drawing out a cute moan.

 

"And its curvy shape..."

 

Kyuhyun slid his palms under the white shirt and caressed along the sides of his wife's slim torso, feeling up to the chest and down to the hip of the warm body where he repeatedly squeezed until he heard a quiet pant. He then smirked and pecked the rosy lips.

 

"See? This is why putting it in our bedroom is a bad idea, unless you want me to do you all night and I won't even complain~"

"...We could during our anniversary."

"Eh?"

"I said, we can leave Hae-ah in our parents' care and enjoy our time together on the night of our wedding anniversary. While we're at it, let me see if you really have improved in bed as you boasted and see how long it takes for you to make me go crazy. So? My dear husband, what do you think?"

 

Jongwoon winked at him and Kyuhyun could only snort. His wife liked to complain that he was a erted leopard but the man himself was a seductive fox too. They really were a match made in heaven.

 

"Challenge accepted! But for now, let's not waste time and let me eat you up~ We need to take into account the time to clean the house and take a bath before everyone comes here for dinner."

 

Kyuhyun said gleefully and pushed the black-haired man onto the couch.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

The little penguin had no idea how long he had been trapped in the hourglass. Without the bird of light, he couldn't see the outside world so he couldn't tell days from nights. His time had stopped moving and he didn't dare to dream again. He accepted his faith and did nothing, binding his time until the end came.

One day, there was a knock on the glass. The little penguin looked around and saw a little turtle glancing up at the hourglass, glancing at him. He ignored the little turtle but the persistent turtle refused to leave him. Due to the loneliness, he accepted the little turtle into his life and told him about his stories— his ability, his dream, the bird of light, the God, and the hourglass.

 

"I'll get you out of this hourglass," the turtle said lively.

"No, my dream sand will only bring trouble for others. God is right. I should stay here and never dream again."

"The world is bigger than you thought. There's enough space for you and your dream!"

 

With that said, the little turtle began to push the hourglass forward, causing the little penguin's world to spin. He tried to tell the little turtle to stop, that nothing could change, but the little turtle was very determined. He kept pushing and rolling the hourglass with his little body and short legs until they stopped at a cliff. The little penguin was scared. He had never traveled this far before and he didn't know what awaited them beyond the seemingly bottomless cliff.

 

"What if I fell from this cliff?"

"Then I'll fall with you."

 

The little turtle promised and it gave courage to the little penguin. He wanted to see the world with the little turtle. So, he took the first step and pushed the hourglass off the cliff himself from within it. The hourglass hit a rocky wall as it was falling and he was set free. As he was falling, he saw the little turtle jump off the cliff and fall toward him. The little penguin reached out and hugged the little turtle tightly. They fell together to the bottom but they didn't face any danger, because the little penguin started to dream again. Countless dream sand was shed and cushioned them from the fall impact. Lying among the large pile of sand, the little turtle in the little penguin's arms smiled.

 

"See? It's okay to dream."

"But I still can't fly and my dream will hurt other people someday."

"You don't have to fly to see the sky!"

 

They started to build stairs from the dream sand together. They tripped and failed sometimes, but they helped pull each other up whenever they fell. Slowly but steadily, their stairs ascended higher and higher. At one point, God tried to separate them but they refused to let go of each other. They kept building the stairs higher and higher up until they reached the sky and stood among the stars. Even God had to give up and approved their hard work. The little penguin looked at the beautiful world in awe. His dream finally came true.

 

"Thank you, I wouldn't be able to do it without you."

"It's not just me. We work hard for this."

 

Smiling to each other, the little penguin and the little turtle sat down to watch the stars together atop the stairs that they built. Any excessive dream sand that he shed, they used it to expand the stairs and allowed access to other people to climb up here and see the sky too.

 

 

Thus, the little penguin happily dreamed again with the little turtle by his side.

 

 

 

 

~Fin~ 

 

*****************************************

 

Author's note:

All's well that ends well for everyone  :)

Although Kyuhyun and Jongwoon's dreams didn't come true in a way they wanted, they still had each other so they could follow a new dream together! I teared up a bit during Kyuhyun and his father scene at the hospital and wondered if anyone felt the same...

This story finally ended!!! When I came up with the plot it wasn't supposed to be this long but as usual I couldn't resist adding more xD  I hope you still find it enjoyable~

 

Big head up!

I'll take a break next Sunday per my tradition (and to watch online SS9 xD ) However, from Monday 18 to Sunday 24, I might (highlight MIGHT) post kyusung fic daily for a week! Why? Cuz I made a bet and I already got SS9 in BKK tickets so I must keep the promise!!! :3

Will update everyone if there's any changes~

 

Take care and love you!!  <3