Matching Clothes

Objects of Love

Inspired by my retweet which was also inspired by this tweet

 

 

 

"Kyu, look, I bought matching sweaters!"

 

Yesung beamed while proudly showing the two sweaters he was holding: grey one and emerald one, long-sleeved knitted sweaters with a round collar. Yesung gave the grey one to his boyfriend and quickly put the emerald one on himself. However, Kyuhyun didn't move a muscle to put the sweater on. He just stared at it with a frown. In the end, it was up to Yesung to shove the thing on the younger man's head, putting it on for him. Once both of them already wore the matching sweaters. Yesung happily dragged his boyfriend to stand together in front of a mirror.

 

"Aww, isn't it cute?"

"Cute, huh?" Kyuhyun scoffed, "well, if it makes you happy, I guess."

 

Something in his lover's tone made Yesung frown. The Super Junior's main vocalist couldn't help but pout.

 

"Kyu, did you hate it that much?"

"Hate? That's an understatement, hyung! I despise it! I'd rather die than being seen wearing this!"

 

Kyuhyun said through gritted teeth as he glared at his reflection in the mirror. The Super Junior's maknae was clearly unhappy about it and it saddened Yesung immensely. Although they had been dating for years now, due to their status as Super Junior they rarely had a chance to do couple-y things. That was the main reason why he bought the sweaters in the first place. They got to wear matching clothes while avoiding the public and haters snooping around their love life (as they could just say that it was shared clothes.) He just didn't expect Kyuhyun to hate it that much… 

 

"Fine, just take one selca with me and you can take it off."

 

Yesung informed the younger man while burrowing his disappointment deep down.

 

"Can I take yours off too?"

 

Kyuhyun asked hopefully. His large hands began to wander mischievously around his lover's waist. Yesung rolled his eyes while swatting the naughty hands away.

 

"We have an album meeting after this."

"What a shame," Kyuhyun sighed, "at least I can finally get out of this ridiculous thing."

 

Yesung ignored a pricking pain in his chest as he took a selca with Kyuhyun. Why did Kyuhyun hate matching clothes so much? He wanted to ask but he was afraid to upset his boyfriend, so he decided to keep it all to himself; the question and the pain.

 

*********************************

 

One week later…

 

 

"Hyung, you finally come!"

"I do, yes, so, what is so urgent that you have to call me here immediately— wait,"

 

Yesung looked around the dorm suspiciously.

 

"Apparently, Hyukjae-ah isn't home so I'll be going now, bye."

"What? You just arrived!"

"We have another album meeting tomorrow, Kyu."

"Hyung! You're painting me like I'm a ert who is ready to jump at my wife at any moment!"

"Yes, Captain Obvious, you're a ert. Bye."

"Hyuuuung!" Kyuhyun quickly hugged his boyfriend from behind. "I promise it's nothing like that! I bought a gift for you!"

 

Yesung turned around in the younger man's arms with one raised brow.

 

"A gift? You?"

"Yes! I bought matching t-shirts!"

"What?"

 

Ignoring the older man's confused look, Kyuhyun went to get the gift from his bedroom. Heading back to the living room, Kyuhyun grinned and showed a paper bag to his boyfriend.

 

"Here it is, our matching t-shirts!"

"What? But, I thought you hate wearing matching clothes?"

 

The Super Junior's maknae looked at the grey-haired man like he just said that Kyuhyun doesn't love Yesung.

 

"What? Where did hyung get that idea from? I love wearing matching clothes with you, obviously!"

Yesung pouted in annoyance, "did you already forget it? Last week we wore one and you made a face like someone just told you to break up with me!!"

 

At first, Kyuhyun opened his mouth to protest but suddenly stopped. Then, he stared at his boyfriend in disbelief before laughing out loud.

 

"Don't tell me that was why you were sulking non-stop that day? Oh my God, hyung, you overthink again!"

"Hey! You said it yourself that you despise it!! You even said you'd rather die than being seen wearing it!"

Kyuhyun chuckled, "I was talking about the sweater, not us wearing matching clothes!"

 

Kyuhyun took two (colorful?) t-shirts out of the paper bag and unfolded them while continuing his explanation.

 

"Seriously hyung, you keep proclaiming that you have the best fashion sense out of us all but then you buy those silly sweaters? Capital names? Really? Even my twin niece and nephew know better than that! Here, let me show you what true fashion is!!!"

 

After proudly promoting himself, Kyuhyun beamed brightly and showed off the "matching t-shirts" to his boyfriend. Almost as soon as Yesung saw them, his facial expression twisted in an unnatural way at the abhorrent "matching t-shirts" that his boyfriend bought.

 

 

It was a simple short-sleeved t-shirt with a round collar. There was nothing wrong with the t-shirt itself. It was "the design" that got him. The t-shirt was splashed in all colors so messily that it literally hurt his eyes and had horrible graffiti in the middle that read "He's Mine" written in Comic Sans font. The other t-shirt had the same (terrible) design but with "I'm His" graffiti instead. To put it simply, they were so ugly that Yesung suddenly felt light-headed and nauseous. No doubt that he would faint if he kept looking at it any longer!

 

 

"Now this is what you call matching clothes!" Kyuhyun continued to innocently show off the t-shirts. "let's try it on, shall w—"

"Throw them away."

"What?"

"Throw them away, or better yet, burn them to ashes!"

"Hyung! You're hurting my feelings! Did you know how long I have to beg Ahra noona to borrow her account to order it!!?"

"I feel so bad for her now. Kyu, you're insulting my fashion sense. Just get rid of them!"

"But I thought you love matching clothes…"

 

Kyuhyun pouted and complained with puppy eyes, though he obediently put them back in the paper bag.

 

"What now? Don't tell me I also have to get rid of those matching clothes that I ordered that haven't arrived yet?"

"You what!!?" Yesung began to panic. "You mean, there are more!!?"

"Yep! I ordered around ten in total~ All of them have the same design like these two but with different graffiti! Personally, I really like the one with "My Boo" and "My Bebe" the most—"

 

Yesung grabbed Kyuhyun's shoulders.

 

"Kyu, get rid of them all. I promise I'll let you do anything you want with me."

 

Kyuhyun's eyes shone in mischief for a split second, but it instantly disappeared in just a blink.

 

"Anything…?"

"Yes, Kyu, anything."

"As much as I want?"

"That…" Yesung hesitated, "well, just keep in your mind that we have an album meeting tomorrow…"

"Deal!! My wife, you're the best! I love you!"

"I love you too." Yesung sighed, "just, no more matching clothes, alright?"

"No more matching clothes. Got it~"

 

 

For some reason, Kyuhyun's "Got it~" really gave him a bad feeling. But it was too late to run now because his impatient boyfriend had already carried him up in his arms and happily skipped to the bedroom.

 

 

 

Well, nothing could be worse than those matching clothes, right?

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

The next day…

 

 

"Look, the lovebirds have arrived!"

 

Heechul smirked while teasing the two men who just walked into the meeting room, hand in hand. Then, he smirked wider after seeing Kyuhyun and Yesung's matching knitted scarves.

 

"Matching scarf? Really?"

 

Heechul frowned when Yesung immediately turned red at his question. Their cute main vocalist shyly adjusted his scarf and headed to his seat while avoiding the members' gaze. Kyuhyun flopped down on a seat beside his boyfriend and smirked smugly. His hand loosely grabbed his scarf while speaking up in a sing-song tone.

 

"Wanna see what else we have in common? I can show you—"

"CHO-KYU-HYUN!!!"

 

While Yesung was busy pulling Kyuhyun's ear, the rest of the Super Junior members shared a knowing look with one another and nodded.

 

 

 

Ah, another typical day with lovey-dovey KyuSung couple.

 

 

*****************************************************************

Author's note: I didn't plan to post anything today because I already did on the past Friday. But then I got this idea and it's cute and it's short so I changed my mind and post it today! Does Kyuhyun really have a horrible fashion sense? Or is everything just a ploy to "get" his Yesung hyung? Or both? I'll leave that up to you to decide it~