Arrow

Objects of Love

Cautiously lifting the curtain up, Jongwoon peeked at the open window of a room on a second floor opposite his. Behind the said open window was a bedroom where a wallpaper was that of a sapphire blue color. A man was sitting at a desk by the window. He seemed to be engross in something on the black laptop. Despite that, Jongwoon still moved carefully because he could get exposed easily in this position. All that man needed to do was looking up and their eyes would meet. That didn't seem to be the case now, though. After waiting for a few more minutes but the man showed no sign of looking up, Jongwoon very carefully slid the window panel open to make a small space. Then, he picked up a sniper rifle and set it up on the desk, pushing just the tip of the suppressor out of the open window, careful not to be seen. He loaded a single bullet into the rifle and looked through the scope. There, in the middle of the mark, he saw his target still looking at the laptop, blissfully unaware of what awaited him. Finally, after the four failures, this time, he will do it. He will finish the job. Taking a deep breath, Jongwoon counted his heartbeat to calm down and focused. Then, he pulled the trigger.

 

Bang! 

 

Jongwoon winced at the recoil but it didn't affect his aim. The bullet flew out of the barrel straight to the man in the opposite apartment. Halfway to the target, the bullet glimmered and transformed mid-air into an arrow. The sharp arrow with a sparkling red head flew at an incredible speed past the open window into the bedroom. Then—

 

The man suddenly inclined his head to the side and put his chin in his palm, plopping his elbow on the desk.

 

Jongwoon cursed loudly when he saw the arrow flying past the man's head, barely an inch away, and landing on a wall behind him instead. ! That was the last arrow too! Panicked, he quickly put the sniper rifle away before he got caught—

 

The man had looked up and was now smiling charmingly, even throwing a wink at him.

 

Jongwoon froze on the spot. His face turned pale and his blood ran cold. He failed to shoot the target and wasted the last arrow. Worst of all, he got caught red-handed by the target...

 

 

He screwed up badly, very, very badly.

 

*****************************************

 

Six months ago...

 

 

"You'll surely find your soulmate here... Just type your name and leave the rest to us... Ha, who would believe in something stupid like this?"

 

Jongwoon snickered while staring at the screen, mocking a website he was currently using. "Cupid.com" was a popular myth that he heard from a group of highschool girls who were a regular customer at his cafe. Apparently, it was a mysterious website that brought people who were soulmates together just by registering your name. Not everyone could access it though. According to the myth, only a handful of chosen people could access the website. For some people, they only found an invalid link while some people came across an actual homepage, him, for example.

 

"I did find it but no matter how you look at it, this is just a prank, right?"

 

Jongwoon said mostly to himself while navigating through the mysterious website. Well, saying navigating might be too exaggerating seeing how the website barely had anything. The whole website consisted of nothing but a white background, a stupid banner with the word "Cupid.com", and a blank box for typing down a name. Seriously, the whole thing looked like a website made by an elementary kid to prank people. There was no way this thing really knew whom his soulmate was, right...?

 

Jongwoon glanced at the blank box on the screen...

.

.

He did it. He registered his name on that stupid website. Jongwoon groaned while shutting down the laptop. He knew that it was just a prank, yet deep down he still hoped that it worked, that it would lead him to his soulmate...

 

"I'm an idiot. There's no way this stupid website would work—" 

"Actually, it did."

 

Jongwoon shrieked and fell off a chair after getting startled by an unfamiliar voice right beside his ear. Glancing up, his eyes met a tall man in white suit who was smirking down at him. The stranger's hairstyle was very wild like an electrocuted bush. The short and curl hair made him look like a walking broccoli. The weird guy sat down on a chair and crossed his legs, still smirking gleefully.

 

"W-Who are you and why are you in my house!!?"

"I'm the universe's one and only star Heechul, as well as an agent from the CIA."

"What!!? CIA!!? But I didn't do anything— wait a sec, was it that cupid website? Is it actually used for baiting criminals? If so, I swear that I know nothing—"

"Kiddo, calm down, I'm not that kind of CIA that you humans like to make a movie about."

"Then, who are you...?"

"As I said, I'm Heechul, an agent from Cupid In Action. Weren't you the one who called me here?"

"What? B-But I thought it was a fake website?"

"No, it's not," Heechul ruffled Jongwoon's hair, "it's legit but the time of access granted varies from people to people. You're one heaven of a lucky human, kiddo."

"Then... are you saying that you're a cupid?"

"Precisely!"

 

Heechul grinned smugly and snapped his fingers. Suddenly, a pair of majestic wings spread out from behind the man. Their color was so pristinely white that Jongwoon felt strangely calm just looking at them fluttering every so slightly.

 

"Y-You really are a cupid!!"

"Told ya," the cupid laughed and pinched Jongwoon's cheek, "now, let's get straight to the point, shall we? You want to know who your soulmate is, right?"

"Then... who is my soulmate...?"

 

Although Jongwoon was so adamant before that it was a prank, when an actual cupid was right before his eyes, he couldn't help a tiny flame of hope kindle in his heart. He waited anxiously while the perm-haired man kept petting his head.

 

"Unfortunately, I can't just outright tell you. If you want to know, you have to do something in exchange for me."

"Is that so... Well, that makes sense, I guess. Nothing is free in this world."

"Good kiddo! I know you'll get it."

"What do I have to do for you then?"

"Oh, it's a piece of cake!"

 

Heechul took out a polaroid photo out of the thin air and gave it to him. Jongwoon took it and saw a good-looking brown-haired man in the photo.

 

"Who is he?"

"Cho Kyuhyun. Kiddo, this is your task. I want you to shoot him."

"Shoot? What do you mea— what the hell!"

 

Jongwoon almost fainted from shock when the cupid took out a sniper rifle out of the thin air next. He quickly stepped back and refused to touch the thing as if it could burn his hand. Heechul rolled his eyes and dumped the weapon in his arms. Jongwoon yelped and scrambled to hold it, worrying that he might drop it by accident and sent a bullet flying into someone's head. However, he was surprised to find out in the next second that the sniper rifle was strangely light. It actually felt like he didn't carry anything! As if reading his mind, the cupid smirked and proudly explained.

 

"As you probably have guessed, this isn't an actual sniper rifle but an illusion. This thing is a cupid bow but who uses bows in these days? That's lame! That's why I changed it into a cool gun. Obviously, you can change its shape into any shooting weapons that you like too. Isn't it cool?"

"It is! But it still didn't change the fact that you want me to shoot a person!!!"

"Sigh, I thought you already knew me. Kiddo, my job is pairing people, not killing them."

"So... you want me to shoot a cupid arrow at this Kyuhyun guy? Isn't that your job?"

"It is. Sadly, we don't have enough cupid staff to cover the entire humanity. We tried building an army of cupid robots once, but the project got cancelled when we found out that some of the robot tried to stage a revolution under the name of "Cupid Net" or something like that. Anyway, the baldly higher-ups decided to give a task to humans instead. For those whose fate had yet to settle completely, yours, for example, they must help cupids pair soulmates together until it's time for their turn. So, are you in or out?"

"This sounds fun so I'm in!"

"Wonderful! Come with me then, kiddo."

 

Heechul floated to the window and beckoned him. Jongwoon jogged to stand beside the cupid, ready for the fun and weird mission. The perm-haired man nodded in approval and pointed at a footpath in front of the apartment.

 

"In only three minutes, Cho Kyuhyun will leave that building, crosses the road, and walks on the footpath under this window. You just have to shoot a single cupid arrow at him and call it a day!"

"T-That soon!!? But I don't know how to use a sniper rifle or a bow!"

"For a newbie like you, this is the perfect choice."

 

Heechul snapped his fingers and the sniper rifle suddenly became a crossbow.

 

"A crossbow?"

"Yep, very easy to aim and use. It's great for shooting from above too. We've only a minute left. Are you ready, kiddo?"

"Wait, can people see this thing? I won't get in trouble for owning an illegal weapon, right?"

"Well, you do have to physically shoot the arrow so, yes, the cupid bow is visible no matter what forms you choose. Good news though! Apart from when shooting the arrow, this thing is invisible!"

"I could still get thrown in jail! I know, I have to hide my face."

 

Jongwoon picked up a pink cap from a dresser and put it on, pulling it down to partially blocking his face. Then, he took a deep breath and readied the crossbow after loading an arrow.

 

"There he is! Kiddo, do it!!"

"I-I know!"

 

The target, Cho Kyuhyun, left the opposite building exactly at the time Heechul told him. Jongwoon momentarily lost his focus because he didn't expect the real Cho Kyuhyun to be very good-looking! Exactly his type! If he didn't know that Kyuhyun already had his own soulmate, he might have tried making a move himself. How come he never knew that a man of his dream literally lived this close...

 

"Kiddo! Focus! Kyuhyun is about to come this way now!"

"Y-Yes!"

 

Jongwoon chided himself for getting distracted. He held the crossbow firmer and aimed at the brown-haired man... and shot!

 

 

Kyuhyun suddenly stopped and crouched down to tie his shoelace, so the arrow flew past his head and dove right into a sewer instead.

 

 

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Heechul! What am I supposed to do—"

 

The cupid was nowhere to be found.

 

At the same time, the crossbow suddenly disappeared from his hand and a gust of wind blew into the room, taking his cap with it. He tried to grab it in panic but the pink cap quickly got carried by the wind to the outside. Jongwoon watched in horror as the cap dropped down beside the brown-haired man. Kyuhyun frowned at the cap and picked it up, before looking around for the owner. Jongwoon realized too late that he should have hidden himself, because Kyuhyun had already glanced up and smiled at him— a charming smile that made his heart skip a beat.

 

"Hello!" Kyuhyun craned up and shouted, "are you the owner of this cap?"

"What!!? No! I mean, yes, but, how did you know it's mine?"

Kyuhyun chuckled, "well, it's just the two of us here. Plus, I have a hunch that it's yours."

"Why?"

"I can tell that it'll look good on you."

 

Jongwoon's blushed slightly at the direct flirting. His heart also seemed to jump faster that he didn't know what to answer to that. So, Kyuhyun continued the conversation himself.

 

"So, it's really yours, right? Will you come down to get it or do you want me to go overth—"

"Keep it!!"

 

Jongwoon groaned inwardly. He wanted to say "keep it and I'll go fetch it" but the rest somehow got lost, only the "keep it" part making it to the tall man. Kyuhyun looked genuinely taken aback for a second, before putting the cap on happily.

 

"In that case, I promise I'll take good care of it. Thanks, my cutie generous neighbor!"

 

Tilting the cap to the side and slightly up, Kyuhyun winked at him before walking away. Jongwoon slowly slid to the floor as if his body had melted. He grabbed his cheeks and groaned realizing how warm they were. Gosh, just one wink and he was a goner!

 

"Jeez, kiddo, that's one of a spectacular failure!"

"Heechul! Where have you been!!?"

"Calm down, calm down, you see, only a person who makes a contract with the cupid can see us."

"So Kyuhyun couldn't see you? Wait, that's not the point! Heechul, I failed! What do I do!!? Please tell me that I don't have to pay for it with my life, do I!!?"

"Aish! Kiddo, I'm a cupid not a devil! I won't kill you just because you fail! Besides, it's not like you only have one chance."

 

Heechul snapped his fingers and four cupid arrows fell down on the floor from the thin air.

 

"Five. You got five chances in total to shoot Cho Kyuhyun and found him a soulmate. You've four remaining arrows so use them wisely, kiddo. If anything happens, just shout my name when you're alone and I'll be there."

 

The cupid ruffled the human's hair fondly before disappearing, leaving Jongwoon alone to comprehend what just happened to his life. So, cupids were real and he had to help them match soulmates if he wanted to know about his own soulmate. His target was a very good-looking guy named Cho Kyuhyun who was also totally his type, and he had to shoot a cupid arrow at the man...

 

 

He only hoped that he didn't fall for his target first before accomplishing the mission...

.

.

.

.

Jongwoon failed the first shot. Luckily, the target didn't seem to notice his intention yet. Although he couldn't pull the same move anymore, not when Kyuhyun always stopped under his window and greeted him if his head ever so slightly popped out. It was kind of annoying but he still greeted back every time, because he was a friendly person, yes. Since he couldn't shoot from the window, he changed his plan. First of all, he started following the target around to gather information, mostly his daily routine, in order to find the perfect time to stage another shooting— and he found it!

 

"What'd you like to order?"

"Just a glass of water for now, please."

"... Understood."

 

Jongwoon used a menu book to cover his face and peeked over the top. Every Friday, Kyuhyun stopped by this restaurant to have dinner. He seemed to be friends with the owner because the staff all greeted him friendlily. The restaurant was a great place to stage the second shooting. It was spacious but not crowded. Plus, the place's interior design had many decorations that were perfect for blocking bystanders' sight. He chose a seat four tables behind Kyuhyun's one, quietly observing the man. For today's mission, he chose a slingshot which was quiet and didn't stand out. After checking the surrounding, he drew the pocketed stone back and aimed at the brown-haired man's shoulder. Then, he released it and watched the stone flying towards the target. Halfway to it, the stone transformed into an arrow. Jongwoon watched expectantly as the arrow got closer and closer to the man...

 

 

Kyuhyun suddenly dropped a menu so he bent down to pick it up, causing the arrow to fly over his shoulder and miss him.

 

 

Jongwoon was rendered speechless as he watched the missing arrow flying past Kyuhyun to the opened door. It flew out of the restaurant and continued to fly until he no longer saw it. He failed again! He had already wasted two arrows! How the hell did Kyuhyun manage to avoid it!!? Coincidence!!? superhuman sense!!?

 

"Excuse me, dear customer, may I ask if there are anyone who might join you later?"

"What? No."

"In that case, could I ask you to move a table? A family of four is waiting and this is the only available seat that accommodates them."

"Why me? There are a ton of vacant tables—"

 

The restaurant was full of people to the brim, literally no available seat.

 

"What the—!!? But the place was empty just now!!"

"Dear customer, please follow me to your new table."

 

Although he was still confused, Jongwoon stood up and followed the waitress without complaint. However, he wanted to change his mind and ran away as soon as he saw his new table partner...

 

"Oh, fancy meeting you here, Mister cute neighbor!"

 

Kyuhyun's whole face lit up in genuine joy when their eyes met. Jongwoon snorted but he found his body sitting down automatically. Well, he failed the second shot anyway. He might as well seize a chance to get to know his target more. You know, know yourself, know your enemies, and you will win every battle!

 

"Why? This place isn't far from my house so I want to check it out. What's wrong with that?"

"I was just thinking that if I knew in advance that you planned to check this place out, I'd have asked you to join me."

"A-And why would you want me to join?"

 

Kyuhyun winked at him, causing him to blush slightly. He just realized that Kyuhyun had a small, almost unnoticeable mole under his right eye.

 

"I want to get to know you more, obviously!"

"We don't even know each other's name!"

 

Well, he knew Kyuhyun's name but he couldn't say that.

 

"I'm Kyuhyun, Cho Kyuhyun," the brown-haired man smiled and offered his hand, "and you're...?"

"... Kim Jongwoon."

 

Jongwoon shook hands with Kyuhyun. He couldn't help but being conscious of the man's larger hand that seemed to fit him to a tee. Crap. He really liked the feeling of Kyuhyun's big hand completely engulfing his small one...

 

"Great! Now that we finally got to know each other officially, how about we have a little celebration? The food here is amazing!"

"...If you say so."

 

Logically, Jongwoon knew that he shouldn't get too close to the target (who already had their own soulmate). However, he really needed that extra information that might help him further improve his plan. Plus, Kyuhyun had a nice smile and refreshing laughter and he kinda liked them...

 

 

He can do it, having dinner with Kyuhyun. He just had to be careful not to fall for that charming smile and cross the no-return line...

.

.

.

.

Jongwoon failed the second shot. The task also got unnecessary harder because Kyuhyun had found out that he followed him around. Now, Kyuhyun immediately noticed him from afar and joined him on a walk. So, he couldn't find a chance to shoot the man and unintentionally prolonged the mission. It had been two months now since he got the mission from a cupid named Heechul but he literally made no progress. The only thing that progressed smoothly was his and Kyuhyun's relationship. From a complete stranger to... friends...?

 

"Jongwoon, you're miles away again! C'mon, the movie is about to start."

"Sorry, let's go."

 

He followed Kyuhyun who was carrying two cups of soft drink while he carried a large popcorn bucket. Today, they went to a theater. It wasn't the first time they had spent time together like this. After getting to know each other, they often hung out on a weekend, visiting places after places. He didn't agree to go with Kyuhyun because he wanted to spend time with the man, but he was looking for a chance to carry out his mission! And he finally found it! The theater was a great place to stage the third shot. It was dark, loud, and no one would pay attention to him. To ensure that his mission was successful this time, Jongwoon chose a handgun with a silencer. He couldn't sit still as he watched the movie, waiting for the perfect chance to shoot the target. And here it came...! Currently, an action scene was playing on the large screen. Exploding sound effect echoed within the theater. Jongwoon took out the handgun from his bag, sneakily pointing it at Kyuhyun who sat beside him and pulling the—

 

Something suddenly bumped into his seat from behind.

 

Jongwoon yelped when he accidentally pulled the trigger earlier than he planned. The bullet flew out into oblivion within the dark theater and heaven knew where the hell it went to. To put it simply, he failed the mission again. Jongwoon was so lost in the ridiculous situation that he didn't realize that his hand was still hanging in the air, pointing at his target. He only realized it when Kyuhyun grabbed his hand and clasped them together.

 

"You should've told me sooner that you're cold, Jongwoon. I don't mind helping warm you up."

"What? B-But how are you going to eat popcorn? Maybe I should move it here so that you can—"

"Feed me~"

"What...?"

 

Kyuhyun inclined his head forward until their foreheads touched.

 

"Feed me, Jongwoon~"

"..."

 

Jongwoon was deadly quiet but obediently picked up the popcorn and fed it to the other man. He blushed darkly when he felt warm lips lightly brushing his fingers AND WAS THAT A TONGUE THAT JUST HIS FINGERS!!?

 

"Thanks, this is the best popcorn I've ever eaten in my life, Jongwoon."

"Y-You're welcome..."

 

Jongwoon stumbled upon a reply, trying so hard to keep his erratic heartbeat in check. Sadly, his attempt failed pretty much like his mission. He only had two arrows left. He must not fail the next shot no matter what...

 

 

Because he had begun to fall for Kyuhyun for real now...

.

.

.

.

It had been half a year now since he got the mission from the cupid in exchange for a chance to learn about his soulmate. Unfortunately, it had became almost impossible to follow through the mission. At first, they only met during weekends but it had now increased to every day. After finding out about his cafe, Kyuhyun had been inviting himself to visit his workplace and stayed there all day, from opening hour to closing hour. He once asked whether Kyuhyun didn't have work to do or not because the man seemed to have so much free time to spare. Turned out Kyuhyun worked as a broker, a very successful one as that, so he could work from anywhere. Right now, Kyuhyun literally accompanied him all the time— walking him to his cafe, staying there as if he owned the place, helping him out during rush hours, helping him clean and close the place, then walking him home or taking him to that restaurant if they had time. Because of that, the customers at the cafe, the restaurant staff, and some of their neighbor began to think that they were dating. Obviously, they were wrong. How could he and Kyuhyun be in a relationship when that guy already had his own soulmate?

 

Right, Kyuhyun already had someone destined for him and it was his job to ensure that they met...

 

Jongwoon realized how dire his situation was when hesitation sprouted in his heart, making him postpone the mission again and again. However, today, when Kyuhyun hugged him from behind and put his chin on his shoulder, it finally occurred to him that he had already got one foot into a ed-up land. He must complete the mission at all cost!

 

Even though it meant behaving like a creepy stalker.

 

Jongwoon cautiously peeked out from behind a tree. Currently, he was at a public park near their neighborhood where Kyuhyun came to jogging every weekend. These days, his only chance to go through with the mission was when Kyuhyun was on his jogging routine, today, for example. Because this place was full of people, he needed to be extra careful. So, he dressed himself in a very cool outfit— black graffiti t-shirt, long-sleeved leather jacket, deep-blue denim jeans, and black leather boots. The reason behind his choice of clothes was his chosen weapon for today's mission, a long bow. Even if he got caught shooting his target, he could just lie that he was cosplaying a character from a game. Nodding in satisfaction at his genius plan, Jongwoon readied his bow when he saw Kyuhyun jogging towards his designated spot. He had to shoot the arrow in advance so that when his target arrived at the spot, the arrow would perfectly hit him. Jongwoon carefully calculated the timing and let go of the arrow. He watched smugly as the arrow flew towards the spot as he expected. Just like this, Kyuhyun would soon run past that spot and—

 

Kyuhyun who was wearing a headphone suddenly stopped running and took his phone out, so the arrow flew past his face and hit some passerby's umbrella instead, before bouncing off the canopy and flying back this way—

 

"What the !!!"

 

Jongwoon cursed with all his might at the arrow flying towards him at a high speed. He quickly crouched down to dodge it and sighed when it flew into a bush behind him instead. Gosh, that was so close! At least he survived—

 

"Grrrrr!"

"Ahhh! What in actual hell!!!"

 

The arrow ended up hitting a stray dog that was sleeping in the bush. The black canine growled viciously and immediately pounced on him. Luckily, Jongwoon avoided its maw just in time. He quickly abandoned his hiding and ran out. He kept running while constantly checking at the chasing dog over his shoulder, so he didn't look where he was running to and bumped harshly into someone. He almost stumbled back but that person caught him by his waist first.

 

"Jongwoon-ah? What are you doing here?"

"K-Kyuhyun-ah?"

 

Of all the people in the park, he had to run into Kyuhyun! Jongwoon thought in annoyance realizing that he failed his mission YET ING AGAIN. Then, he also realized that Kyuhyun was gawking at him openly, especially at his fitting jeans, and his cheeks slowly turned red 

 

"What are you looking at...?"

"You," Kyuhyun answered straightforwardly, "you look gorgeous today, Jongwoon-ah, though you're always gorgeous."

"T-Thanks. If you have nothing else to say then excuse—"

"Don't go yet," the taller man held his hand, "stay with me, Jongwoon-ah..."

 

That's not fair! Jongwoon screamed internally. How could he turn down Kyuhyun after seeing that pleading gaze!

 

"... Fine, what are we going to do?"

"Let's go feed birds together and go to Ryeowook's restaurant after that."

 

Jongwoon got utterly defeated when Kyuhyun smiled softly and kissed his hand. Welp, he had already failed the fourth shot anyway so might as well enjoying this while he could. He nodded back and hooked his fingers with Kyuhyun's ones.

 

 

Failure wasn't an option for his next time, or rather, his last chance to succeed this mission.

 

***********************************

 

Present time...

 

 

"Crap crap crap! I failed again! That was the last arrow too!!! What the hell!! How the did he dodge all arrows like that!!? Is Kyuhyun secretly a psychic!!?"

 

Jongwoon cursed non stop while quickly ducked under the window, although it was probably useless because Kyuhyun already saw him. His face was paler than paper realizing that he totally ed up the mission. He wouldn't get punished for failing it, right? Right!!?

 

"Jeez, kiddo, you're now officially the worst human aid I've ever seen in this century."

 

The cupid who was gone for a while suddenly showed up beside him, shaking his head in amused disbelief. Jongwoon felt more at ease seeing that the cupid didn't look upset at his failures. He was safe!

 

"I tried to! Trust me! My plans are perfect but it's the universe that actively intervenes with my plans!"

"Calm down, kiddo, it's not like you're completely out of your options."

"What do you mean?"

"Look, the last arrow didn't disappear yet."

 

Jongwoon peeked over the window and blushed when he saw Kyuhyun waving at him. He waved back shyly while taking a better look at the handsome neighbor's room. True to the cupid's words, the last arrow was still sticking there on the wall, unlike the past ones that disappeared as soon as he failed.

 

Heechul explained, "it's sort of an emergency plan for a very clumsy human. I have to say though, this is my first time ever seeing someone failing again and again like you, kiddo."

"Then, do you mean...?"

"Yep, go get the last arrow from Cho Kyuhyun's room and stabbed him with it. Don't forget that this is your last chance to succeed the task, kiddo."

 

Heechul said while ruffling his head, before disappearing again. Jongwoon felt his heartbeat increasing crazily due to anxiety. He really couldn't fail the misson now... Making up his mind, he called out to the brown-haired man at the apartment opposite his.

 

"Kyuhyun-ah, can I stay a night at your place?"

.

.

.

"Welcome! It's a bit messy but I hope you didn't mind it."

"Thanks for letting me in."

"No problem! Wow, I'm so happy that I don't know what to do next! Jongwoon-ah, what do you want to do?"

"Anything."

"Anything...?"

 

Jongwoon tried to pretend not to notice Kyuhyun's gaze seizing him from head to toe. He knew what Kyuhyun wanted and, truth be told, he also wanted it. But he didn't have the right to want that, Kyuhyun's love and affection. It rightfully belonged to that soulmate whom he had yet to find out the identity, because he kept failing the mission...

 

"Ahem," Kyuhyun finally looked away from him, "how about we binge movies? Normally, I'm not that interested in watching them but after meeting you, I began to collect some!"

"Yeah, that sounds like a great idea."

 

Jongwoon went along with whatever Kyuhyun suggested. After all, his goal for coming here was retrieving the arrow and stabbed Kyuhyun with it, even though his heart wanted otherwise. He knew that he had already hoarded Kyuhyun's attention more than enough. It was time to let him go... Despite that, he still acted selfish and demand for the man's affection and touch— climbing onto his lap, snuggling into his chest, whining for those strong arms to hold him, and even responding with a breathy moan when he felt a warm feathery touch on his nape and shoulder. He only stopped Kyuhyun when he sensed those kisses heating up and when larger hands began to wander to dangerous places.

 

"K-Kyuhyun-ah... s-stop..."

"Jongwoon-ah...?"

"I'm sorry... b-but I'm not ready yet..."

 

He thought that Kyuhyun would be upset or annoyed. However, the taller man actually smiled in understanding and gently kissed his cheek.

 

"I go it. We can do it later when you're ready."

"Sorry..."

"Don't be! I love you, or not, I still love you, Jongwoon-ah."

 

I love you. 

 

Jongwoon froze on the spot. Kyuhyun... loved him...? Well, he did suspect it but to hear it with his own ears... He hated himself for being unable to reply and got upset at Kyuhyun who didn't even try to demand for the answer....

 

 

Why did Kyuhyun have to make his mission harder...?

.

.

.

Eventually, nothing happened. They just kept watching movies and series until the night fell. Kyuhyun gave him the bedroom while the house owner opted to sleep in the living room, because "you're too tempting but I want to respect your consent", according to Kyuhyun's words. Jongwoon was fine with the arrangement and successfully got the last arrow that got stuck in the wall. He waited until he no longer heard shuffling sound from the living room and began his mission. He straddled Kyuhyun who was sleeping soundly on a couch and grasped the cupid arrow, aiming at the man's heart with his shaking hands.

 

Is this really the right thing to do? Did they really have to follow the destiny? Should he really help Kyuhyun meeting his soulmate? What about him? Who is his soulmate? Dose he even cae about it at this point? What about Kyuhyun's feelings? His feelings? 

 

Countless questions swirled around in his head as his hands shook harder. The time that they had spent together flashed past his eyes while he watched Kyuhyun's sleeping face. What would happen if he this arrow down...? Would Kyuhyun... forget him...?

 

 

" this bull!! this stupid arrow!! you cupid! you destiny!! I write my own story!"

 

 

Jongwoon cursed and snapped the arrow in two pieces, before throwing it away without care. He then threw himself on the sleeping man who instantly woke up with a loud yelp. Kyuhyun groaned in pain plus confusion while blinking cluelessly at him.

 

"Jongwoon-ah...? What happened? Are you having trouble sleeping—"

"I love you too, Kyuhyun-ah."

 

It took the brown-haired man almost ten minutes to process what he just said. But when it finally hit him, Kyuhyun grinned widely and happily hugged him back, literally crushing him against the wide chest. Jongwoon didn't complain and even snuggle closer to the man he loved, the man he would never give up on no matter what.

 

"I love you, Kyuhyun-ah."

"I know, I love too, Jongwoon-ah, I was just— wow!"

"Surprised? Happy? Confused?"

"Yes, all of that," Kyuhyun chuckled, "I was busy appreciating the view too... but..."

 

Kyuhyun suddenly maneuvered him and changed their positions, so he was now trapped under the man.

 

"As I thought, this view is better," Kyuhyun smirked.

 

Jongwoon blushed and avoided his boyfriend's eyes, but he quickly turned his head back. He hooked his arms around the taller man's neck and pulled him down until their lips barely touched.

 

Jongwoon smirked back shyly, "I bet there's even a better view that you can see, Kyuhyun-ah."

"Jongwoon-ah... do you...?"

"Yes," he whispered against Kyuhyun's lips, "I'm ready now."

 

Kyuhyun still seemed hesitant so Jongwoon encouraged him by feeling his hands around the wide back and massaging his stiff shoulder. It worked wonder and his boyfriend immediately pounced on him. Jongwoon was overjoyed beyond words while reciprocating the impatient and hungry kiss. He knew that he had to deal with the cupid later but for now...

 

 

Jongwoon moaned during the kiss and hooked his legs around Kyuhyun's waist, letting his boyfriend carry him to the bedroom...

 

*****************************************

 

Jongwoon woke up around dawn because he was thirsty. A huge grin blossomed on his face when he saw a sleeping figure beside him who was snoring quietly. He kissed his boyfriend's forehead and got out of the bed after extracting himself from the bear hug. He headed to the kitchen and got startled by an uninvited guest who was sitting in the air. A pair of pristinely white majestic wings fluttered slightly behind his back.

 

"Yo, kiddo."

"Heechul!"

"Yep, it's me. I'm here to—"

"I can explain! I understand that you have to do your job and that you trust me to fulfill it. However, I want you to understand how I feel too. I love Kyuhyun and Kyuhyun loves me. We love each other and I won't let anything get in the way of our relationship! Even you! You might be a cupid and probably have cool magic tricks but I still won't go down without a fight! I don't care what you and the destiny say! I love my boyfriend and—"

"—congratulate you for amazingly succeeding the mission."

"—I won't let anyone take him, wait, what did you just say...?"

 

Heechul snorted in mirth and ruffled his hair until it became a mess.

 

"Congrats, kiddo! You successfully shot Kyuhyun with a cupid arrow, found him a soulmate, and even found one for yourself. Killing three birds with one stone, you're awesome!"

"What...? But I failed... Wait. Wait, wait, wait, do you mean that Kyuhyun and I... are soulmates!!?"

"Correct! You finally got it, kiddo!"

"What the hell!!? So you've been lying all this time!!? I wasted a lot of time playing your game!"

"Hey, at least the cupid robot revolution part is the truth. Plus, I was working hard too, alright? You wouldn't happen to think that all of that arrows missed because it was a coincidence, right?"

"Wait, you're the one behind it all!!?"

"Ding-dong!"

 

Heechul smiled fondly and pinched Jongwoon's cheek.

 

"Kiddo, do you really think that it was a waste of time? Had I not assigned you to the task, would you two even meet and get to know each other? It's true that soulmates are predestined but you guys have to work hard to acquire that destiny too."

 

The cupid snapped his fingers. The broken arrow appeared in his hand and it was fixed instantly. Heechul murmured something, causing the arrow to glow in a golden hue, before turning into speckles that divided into two parts— one disappearing into Jongwoon's chest and the other flying to the bedroom where Kyuhyun was.

 

"There, now you two are bonded by fate and nothing will separate you. Congrats again on finding your true love, kiddo. I have to leave now."

"Heechul... thank you for everything... I really mean it. Is there anything I can do to repay your kindness?"

"Just be sure to spread the rumor about our website! Bye, kiddo, have fun with your boyfriend."

 

Heechul smirked and ruffled Jongwoon's hair one last time, before disappearing without a trace. Jongwoon touched his chest where it felt warmer than usual. Kyuhyun... He smiled and went back to the bedroom after drinking water. As soon as his body touched the bed, he got pulled into his boyfriend's embrace.

 

"Jongwoon-ah... where were you? The bed felt so cold without you!"

"I was away for a few minutes, Kyuhyun-ah!"

"But it was a few minutes without you in my life..."

"Clingy much, huh?"

 

Jongwoon giggled but happily nuzzled against the broad shoulder. When his hand touched Kyuhyun's bare chest, he felt the warmth in his own chest responding to that of his boyfriend and smiled. He forgot to ask Heechul what would happen if he did stab Kyuhyun with the cupid arrow but it was unnecessary now. What mattered was that they finally found each other. Suddenly, Jongwoon giggled and earned his boyfriend's attention.

 

"Is something the matter, Jongwoon-ah?"

"Would you believe me if I tell you that we fall in love because of a cupid website?"

 

 

 

The Cupid.com... He had to be sure to spread it out!

 

*******************************

 

Author's note:

 

Did I get you in the first part? Did you think that this is going to be serious fic? xD  Sorry to those who expected hitman Yesung but I'm more of a comedy type LMAO Oblivious Jongwoon who didn't know that the universe is actively pairing him with Kyuhyun is always fun to write and I hope you enjoy it too~  At first, I planned to upload old fics on the Library instead but decided to finish this one in the end. I didn't expect the editing to take so long so sorry for delayed update. Take care and love you! <3