CH.2

I Was Afraid

A month passed and everyone became busy with all their school stuff. These days, Soojin's head often aches. She often vomits too, usually in the morning.

Seungcheol got worried and wanted to take his younger sister to the hospital but Soojin always refuses it because she has tons of school works.

When weekend came and Soojin has no school work to do, she asked Seungcheol to come with her to the hospital. Their parents are out of the country for some business stuff.

After doing some checkups, the Choi siblings are nervously waiting for the results. They hope there's nothing serious with the results.

When one of the nurses approached them and asked them to come in to the specific room, the Choi siblings stood up and went to the room.

"Is she sick, doctor?" Seungcheol asked worriedly to the doctor.

"No. It's just normal to experience this during first few weeks of pregnancy."

The Choi siblings looked at each other and then back to the doctor with widened eyes. Soojin gulped and felt her heart beat in nervousness. She knew this will happen.

"Wait, doc. What did you say?" Seungcheol asked, confused.

"Ms. Choi Soojin is pregnant. Why are you so shocked?" The doctor said as he gave the results to the siblings.

Seungcheol didn't say anything and looked at his sister whose head is down.

"You don't know you got her pregnant?" The doctor asked and made Seungcheol to look at him.

"I'm sorry but I'm her brother." Seungcheol answered politely.

"Oh, who could it be then? It must be her boyfriend?"

"I don't have a boyfriend." Soojin looked up and told the doctor. The doctor looked at her with a confused look.

"Whoever got you pregnant, you must tell him. The father of your child should be always beside you to take care of you." The doctor told Soojin. Soojin just nodded.

"Uhm, thanks doctor. We will just talk about this at home." Seungcheol said and stood up with his sister. He then get the results before they both left the hospital.

The way back home was so quiet. Soojin was just looking out the car window with her arms crossed. When they got home, Seungcheol started to flood her questions.

"How did this happen, Soojin-ah?"

"When did you do it?"

"Who's the guy that got you pregnant?"

"How will we tell this to mom and dad?"

Soojin could not answer and just hugged her brother. She started to sob in Seungcheol's warm embrace. Seungcheol patted her back and telling her everything will be fine.

"It's Jeonghan."

Seungcheol pushed her gently and looked at her. "Yoon Jeonghan? Y-your bestfriend?"

Soojin nodded. "I'm so s-sorry. We were both drunk that time."

"Tell me how did this all happen."

Soojin then explained to her brother all what happened, not leaving any detail. She was sobbing while explaining to her brother.

"We should tell this to him now."

"No. Don't tell him yet!"

Seungcheol sighed and said, "Soojin-ah, he must know. He's the father of that child inside you."

"I know. I'll decide when and I'll talk to him alone."