07 Favorite Place

KangBi Through The Universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Angst, Drama, Fluff, Hurt/Comfort, Romance, Slice of Life

Summary: "This is the place where we first met, where you asked me to be your girlfriend, we even shared our first kiss here but, this is also the place where you broke your 2 promises."

Word Count: 8052

Hashtag: #IntoTheKangBiVerse_FavoritePlace

 

Favorite Place

 

A woman named Kwon Eunbi can be seen sitting alone at the seashore while watching the sunset. If you see her back, you can tell that she's happy but if you see her face, it's the opposite.

 

"You know what? This is my favorite place because this is the place where we first met, where you asked me to be your girlfriend, where we shared our first kiss but this is also the place where you broke your 2 promises." She mumbled to herself, you can clearly tell that she's fighting herself not to cry because of the heart break that she experienced 2 weeks ago.

 

"Wait, you told me that crying can't ease the pain, right? Then, I'm just gonna remember the times when we are still happy, the times that we are still young." Call her crazy or what for talking to the sea but she doesn't care, she misses someone's warmth and presence that's why. 

 

She then closed her eyes to remember something.

 

 

"Eunbi-unnie! Come here, I'm going to introduce you to my friend!" The 7-year-old Eunbi looked back to where her cousin, Yujin, was standing. 

 

"Wait a minute!" She shouted back and looked at the sea again before running to Yujin. "You're going to introduce me to your friend?" She questioned Yujin who's smiling at her, showing Eunbi her missing front teeth. "Yup! Come here, let's go to her, don't worry she's nice." 6-year-old Yujin answered and pulled her unnie to stand beside her.

 

"Can you tell me her name?" Little Eunbi asked once again, "Her name is Kang-chan!" Yujin cheerfully replied, Eunbi nodded her head and just let her cousin drag her to somewhere she doesn't know.

 

"Kang-chan! We're here!" Her cousin shouted when they arrived at the big rest house. Eunbi's mouth went agape when she saw the said rest house because the exterior is decorated with some pearls and she could clearly see the interior because the window is very clear. 

 

Suddenly, a small figure peeked at the window when she's busy analyzing it and she almost jumped out of shock. "Come outside! Let's play!" Yujin shouted once again when she saw the figure, she even waved her hand at the girl.

 

'She must be Kang-chan' Eunbi thought when she saw the girl running in their direction. "Kang-chan! I missed you!" Yujin then welcomed the other girl with a hug, leaving Eunbi behind. "I missed you too." She heard the girl mumble. Yujin pulled away from the hug and went beside her cousin.

 

"This is Kwon Eunbi! My cousin~" She introduced. Kang-chan then looked at her and smiled softly, 'Is she shy?' Eunbi asked herself once again. "Eunbi-unnie, you should introduce yourself." Yujin whispered at her.

 

"Hi! I'm Kwon Eunbi, Yujin's cousin, you can call me Eunbi-unnie if you want, nice to meet you!" She cheerfully stated, even stretching her right hand for a handshake. "H-Hello, my name is Kang Hyewon, n-nice to meet you t-too, E-Eunbi-unnie." The other girl shyly responded and she also shyly accepted the handshake. "Don't be shy." She muttered before retrieting her hand away because she felt something strange. Something like electricity.

 

"Unnie and Kang-chan, let's play!" Yujin cheerfully stated when the two finished introducing themselves. "Let's go to the seashore!" The youngest continued, even pointing at the seashore where a volleyball net is placed.

 

"Alright!" The two, Eunbi and Hyewon answered in unison, they then looked at each other and laughed. "Yieee~ You two looked good together!" Yujin said while clapping, looking at her cousin and friend with amusement in her eyes. The two elders felt their cheeks burning. 

 

Eunbi immediately composed herself and scolded Yujin, "Ahn Yujin, stop that nonsense!" Yujin just pouted and after a few seconds she smiled again, "Don't want to because the two of you looked good together!" Yujin teased and Eunbi just glared at her cute cousin, "We're still young." 

 

"Then if the three of us get old, the two of you should date each other!" The youngest among them exclaimed, not minding the glare that she's receiving from her Eunbi-unnie. "If you don't stop, I won't play with you!" After Eunbi said that, Yujin immediately stopped herself from teasing the two.

 

"I'm gonna stop, I'm gonna stop, just please play with me~" Yujin pleaded, showing Eunbi her puppy eyes. On the other hand, Hyewon just looked at the two while laughing silently. 

 

"Okay, okay, I'm gonna play with you but please stop teasing us, okay?" Eunbi warned and Yujin nodded her head immediately, "I promise I will not tease you again!" She answered, raising her right hand. 

 

"Then, let's play!" Eunbi exclaimed and turned her head on Hyewon, "Let's go." She said while smiling softly, Hyewon just nodded at her and proceeded to stand beside Yujin who's smiling teasingly at the two.

 

"Eunbi-unnie, Kang-chan, I'm just gonna go and get my toys at our rest house. I'll be back." Yujin stated and immediately ran towards their rest house, leaving the two alone. "Uhm, since Yujin is not here, can I ask you some questions to get to know you more?" Eunbi started.

 

Hyewon just looked at her before nodding, "How did you and Yujin met?" Eunbi asked before looking at Hyewon and back at the sea, "We m-met last year when she's in J-Japan." The younger stuttered while looking down, still feeling shy.

 

"So, you're not a Korean?" Eunbi asked once again, "I'm K-Korean but I live in Japan because of my p-parents business." The older girl just nodded her head and after that, no one dared to talk, they were just enjoying the relaxing breeze.

 

A few minutes later, Yujin came back while holding her toys. "Let's make a sand castle!" The youngest girl exclaimed while raising her bucket. She then sat down on the sand and Eunbi and Hyewon followed. After that, they just play and play, not minding the time.

 

"Hyewon-ah!" Someone shouted that caught the three's attention, "That's my mother." Hyewon said and Eunbi looked at her, "Go to her then." The oldest answered and Hyewon just nodded her head before running to her mother.

 

Hyewon came back after a minute, "Yujinnie, E-Eunbi-unnie, my mother told me that we need to go back to Japan right now because something came up, I'm sorry but we need to go." She started with a little pout. "Oh really? So sad but it's okay." Eunbi answered with a small smile.

 

"You're going back to Japan? We still need to play~" Yujin whined before standing up and hugging Hyewon. "Don't worry, I will come back here." Hyewon whispered and hugged Yujin back. Yujin pulled away from the hug and pouted at Hyewon.

 

"We need to go now, I promise that I will come back after 10 years! Bye Eunbi-unnie and Yujinnie." She then bid goodbye at the two but she suddenly looked back and smiled at Eunbi, "Eunbi-unnie! Can I call you Princess!?" She shouted that made Eunbi smile but she nodded nonetheless.

 

"Of course and I will also call you Kwangbae!" Eunbi shouted back while smiling. Hyewon then smiled, "Bye Yujinnie and Princess~ Let's meet again after 10 years!" After that, she ran towards their house, not forgetting to waved at the two.

 

'Let's see each other again after 10 years, Kwangbae.'

 

 

"Eunbi-unnie! It's getting late, let's eat dinner!" Eunbi then turns her head to the direction where Minju, her cousin in law is standing. She stood up and walked towards the latter while wearing a small smile, "How's Yujin?" She asked.

 

"She's sleeping but she already ate earlier." Minju answered, the older just patted her shoulder before going to their rest house. The couple, Yuri and Yena who's busy preparing the table, welcomed Eunbi, "Unnie, are you fine?" Yena asked worriedly.

 

"I'm fine by the way, how's your bruises?" Eunbi asked back. Yena didn't answer and just smiled at Eunbi because she knew that the oldest among them would just cry if she answered her. After that, Minju entered the kitchen and they ate afterwards.

 

While eating, Eunbi can't help but to remember Hyewon's face and then, another flashback hit her mind. She decided to ignore it and just eat and talk to the others, "Minju-ah, did Yujin already remember you?" She questioned and that made Minju stop eating.

 

"Not yet." The latter answered shortly. After that incident, Yujin lost her memories and she doesn't remember anyone except herself. Yena just received bruises on her body and she's the luckiest among the three while something happened to Hyewon that Eunbi doesn't want to remember.

 

"But Yujin remembers Yena-unnie." Minju continued, "And she's still mad at me because she keeps on saying that I'm taking advantage of her since she lost her memories." She added.

 

Yena looked at Minju sadly, "Do you want me to talk to her?" She asked and Minju just nodded her head, "Yes, please." And with that, Eunbi can't hear anything because the flashback that keeps bugging her earlier, hitted her mind.

 

 

"Are you sure that she will come here tomorrow?" Eunbi asked Yujin, they came back to the beach where she met Hyewon and now, they're currently waiting for the latter to arrive. "Of course, I chatted with her this morning and she told me that she will come here tomorrow and she doesn't break promises." Yujin responded proudly. It's been 10 years since they last saw Hyewon and Eunbi is very excited to meet the other girl again.

 

"It's been 10 years, do you think she still remembers me?" Eunbi once again asked, "She still remembers you, when I'm chatting with her, she keeps on saying 'How's my Princess?', 'Is she healthy?' questions like that." The younger answered and her answer didn't fail to make Eunbi's face a blushing mess.

 

"Why are you blushing~?" Yujin teasingly asked, Eunbi just glared at her and didn't answer, "Don't tell me you grew feelings for Kang-chan!" She added, even pretending to be shocked. "Can you please stop teasing me!?" Eunbi hissed and hit Yujin at her arm lightly.

 

"Don't you know that you're also blushing whenever Minju kisses you on the cheek." The older continued. Yujin just stuck her tongue out, still teasing the brunette. "By the way, what time is it?" Eunbi asked.

 

"5:07 pm." Yujin shortly answered after checking her phone. "I'm hungry, can you cook for me Eunbi-unnie?" Yujin added while showing Eunbi her puppy eyes. "Stop using that puppy eyes of yours, you know that I'm weak for that." The older responded and pat Yujin's head.

 

"Nevermind, let's go back to the rest house." After that, the two finally went back to their rest house, laughing wholeheartedly because Yujin kept saying some funny jokes.

 

 

"Yujin-ah, don't you remember Minju?" Yena asked, Yujin then looked at Minju before responding, "I don't remember her so please stop forcing me to know her." The latter responded, glaring at Minju.

 

"Ahn Yujin she's your wife!" Eunbi exclaimed, even though she's hurt by what happened to Hyewon, she can't just stay still and cry, she needs to help Minju who's also suffering just like her since she's the oldest among them. "I don't know you so don't shout at me." Yujin firmly said.

 

"I'm your cousin!" Eunbi shouted once again, she badly wanted to slap Yujin for disrespecting them but she's too weak to do that so she just settled on shouting. "I don't care." Yujin mumbled and with that, she exited the place and went back to her room.

 

"Even her personality changed." Yuri whispered but enough for the three to hear her. "Yeah." Eunbi responded and looked at Minju who's sitting beside her while her head is hanging low. "Are you crying?" She asked softly. Minju shook her head, still looking at the ground.

 

"I know you're crying and please stop that, okay? If you keep on crying, I will also cry." She stated, holding back her tears and biting her lower lip to stop the tears that were about to fall. "She will remember you, H-Hyewon will also c-come back. Let's just keep our hopes high, alright?" Minju once again nodded and looked at Eunbi with tears in her eyes.

 

She went near the oldest and hugged her tight, "I miss Yujin and Hyewon-unnie." Minju whispered and at the mention of Hyewon's name, Eunbi's tears started to fall. Yena and Yuri saw them so they walked towards the two and joined the hug, silence filled the room and the sobs of Minju and Eunbi are the only thing that you can hear.

 

-

 

Eunbi woke up with an empty space beside her. "She used to sleep here." She mumbled while inhaling the scent of Hyewon's pillow, her lips started to quiver meaning that she will cry anytime soon so she immediately composed herself and leaned the pillow away from her to forget Hyewon even just for a minute. She then stood up and went to the bathroom, not minding to stretch her limbs.

 

After she finished washing up, she went outside to inhale some fresh air but she got welcomed by Minju and Yujin arguing. "Stop taking care of me, will you!?" She heard the younger shouted. Eunbi watched how Minju tried to reach for Yujin but the latter kept on walking backwards.

 

"I don't know you, get lost!" Yujin shouted once again and this time, Eunbi decided to interfere, "Stop shouting!" She shouted but Yujin just looked at her and walked out. She went towards Minju who's now crying, "Minju, come here." She said and hugged the younger woman.

 

"I told you to stop crying, right?" Minju hugged her back before nodding, "U-Unnie, I can't h-handle Yujin a-anymore." Minju stuttered, voice muffled because her face was buried on Eunbi's chest. "I will ask Yena to talk to her." She responded, fighting herself to not cry. Minju nodded once again. And another wave of flashback came to her mind.

 

 

"Eunbi-unnie, wake up! Kang-chan is already here!" The said girl slowly opened her eyes and got welcomed by Yujin's smiling face. "She's already here!" The younger one repeated. "Let me sleep." Eunbi answered and turned around but there's a smile written on her face.

 

"She's waiting for you, she also looks tired because she just arrived but she's already looking for you." The younger insisted and Eunbi sat up glaring at Yujin, "Give me my sprite first, I need carbonated drink in my system." Yujin immediately compiled. She just watched Eunbi while drinking her precious sprite. 

 

"Go outside. I will wash my face first." The older commanded. Yujin just followed her command silently and when the younger one was already out, a big smile curved up on Eunbi's lips and started screaming. "Wahhh! I missed her so much! I can't wait to meet my Kwangbae!" She squealed through the pillow so the people outside can't hear her.

 

She just rolled her body on the bed happily not until she fell on the ground, "Ouch." She muttered before standing up and walking towards the bathroom. 

 

On the other hand, Yujin is busy examining Hyewon's face, "OMG! Kang-Chan, you're so pretty!" The younger exclaimed and the other girl just laughed at her. "You're also pretty and beautiful." Hyewon praised Yujin who's now blushing because of the compliment she received.

 

"Enough of our faces, are you dating someone?" Yujin asked as she smiled teasingly at the latter. "I'm single." Hyewon answered shortly. "With that face of yours! You're single!?" Yujin exclaimed and Hyewon just nodded her head innocently.

 

"Yeah because I already like someone." Hyewon responded with a smile. "How 'bout you, are you dating someone?" She continued. "Of course!" Yujin answered proudly, "My girlfriend is very pretty~" Yujin sang and proceeded to go to the kitchen to get some juice.

 

Hyewon followed her to the kitchen, "Wait, is the person that you like perhaps Eunbi-unnie?" Yujin asked while looking at Hyewon suspiciously. "How do you say so?" The older one asked back, "You always asked me about her when you are still in Japan." Yujin answered before sipping on her juice.

 

"Yeah, she's the one." After Hyewon answered that, Yujin splashed the juice on the ground, "Really!? Oh my God! My ship is sailing!" Yujin exclaimed but Hyewon just looked at her with disgust. "Gross." The older woman whispered, watching Yujin who's squealing in happiness.

 

"Yujin-ah, can you please keep it as a secret?" Hyewon asked in a low voice, confusion written on Yujin's face, "Why?" The older woman just sighed. "I'm still not ready to confess." She replied and Yujin just nodded her head as a response.

 

After that, they just talk about each other's lives while waiting for Eunbi. After a few minutes, Eunbi came out from her room, looking all fresh as she wanted to look good in front of Hyewon. "Eunbi-unnie, can you recognize Kang-chan?" Yujin started, eyes shining in excitement.

 

"O-Of course!" The oldest girl stuttered, feeling her cheeks turning red since Hyewon has been staring at her ever since she came out. "You look beautiful." They heard Hyewon whisper that's why the two turned their heads in Hyewon's direction but the latter won't budge and just stare at Eunbi. 

 

"Kang-chan, are you with us?" Yujin jokingly questioned while waving her hand in front of the latter. That move woke Hyewon up in reality. "You've been staring at Eunbi-unnie for too long." Yujin added and smiled teasingly at the two.

 

"R-Really? S-Sorry." Hyewon stuttered and avoided her gaze on Eunbi and Yujin's orbs. "It's okay besides Eunbi-unnie likes it when you stare at her~" The youngest among them teased, moving her eyebrows up and down. Eunbi hissed at her and scolded her, "You still haven't changed, huh? You're teasing us again!?" 

 

"Sowwy~" Yujin responded with a peace sign. "By the way, I'm gonna leave the two of you here because my beautiful girlfriend keeps on texting me, enjoy your talk ladies~" After that, Yujin left the living room, leaving the two shy women. 

 

The two shared awkward glances at each other before Eunbi made her way towards the couch next to Hyewon and started a conversation, "How are you?" She asked with a gentle smile plastered on her beautiful face. "I-I'm fine." The younger stuttered once again that made Eunbi giggle.

 

"You're still a stuttering mess." She stated and Hyewon just smiled at her, "How have you been, Princess?" That question made Eunbi frozed on her spot, she didn't really expect Hyewon to be this bold towards her. "P-Princess?" She asked to make sure that she's not hearing some wrong words.

 

"Yeah, our call sign is Kwangbae and Princess, right?" Hyewon asked with a smile. Eunbi then mirrored her expression and nodded nonetheless. "I'm doing fine Kwangbae." Eunbi responded, still smiling at Hyewon.

 

After that, they just talk and talk to catch up with each other's lives. 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter