10 to the ends of our forever

KangBi Through The Universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Angst

Summary: Where does the end of forever lie?

Word Count: 2136

Hashtag: #IntoTheKangBiVerse_TTEOOF

 

to the ends of our forever

 

The soft chirping of the birds accompanied the harmonious ringing of the church bells.

I stare at you with heart eyes as the pastor beckoned me to say my wedding vow.

I can feel the waterworks building up from my eyes and I can’t help but to just let a tear drop when you caress my cheeks lovingly.

I look down and take a deep breath.

I’m going to start this off casually, just to shake off some edginess.

 

“Kang Hyewon, the hottie who stole my heart five years ago, and ever since has been my pillar of strength, the source of my everyday happiness, my soon to be wife and the love of my life… hi.”

Well, the last part was way too chill and I can hear our family and friends giggling even before I started my vows, they all know it and we both do too, that I’m not that vocal in front of many people.

And then again, I stare at you, giving you my full attention because I’m a nervous wreck right now.

I need something or a certain someone to distract myself and—

“You look beautiful.”

And now they’re straight up laughing, I just said what I was thinking and that came out before I even had the chance to go over on what I was going to say.

“I know baby, and you are too.”

I don’t know if this is allowed in a church, but is it okay to blush?

Before I can even answer my own question, the pastor interrupts us with a cough and politely nods for me to continue.

I puff out a shaky breath and force my mind to remember what I was memorizing for the past six months after you got down on one knee.

 

“Hey love, today’s our day, we’re going to be tied together for the rest of our lives and I do hope that you’re not thinking of running away now.”

The audience snicker and you let out a genuine snort while shaking your head lightly.

“You do know that you are the most important person for me, right? Apart from our family and friends who I think are giving me the looks right now.”

This church echoes with laughter from the audience that if I close my eyes, I might’ve mistaken this as our reception hall already.

“Kidding aside, I just want to say that I love you with all that I can give. I love every part of you, including the things that people call “flaws”, but for me that’s not how we should name our pieces. I love all of your sides, your goofy personality, your maturity, and as well as you being a stubborn baby—my stubborn baby. We don’t do promises and even now I still won’t promise to love you, never replace you and all of the other cringey stuff. But instead, I’m going to repeat what you told me at the time you proposed on our anniversary six months ago.”

You were going to knit those brows of yours but in a blink of an eye, you gave me a nod of understanding.

“I can see that you remembered it already but still, I’m going to say it out loud… I loved you yesterday, I am still loving you now and I will always love you… to the ends of our forever Kang Hyewon.”

 

And that’s it, as I let go of the tears that I’ve been keeping from falling, your eyes also glitter with the tears you’ve hidden ever since you’ve stood there by the altar, waiting for me to come.

I was about to wipe your tears away when I felt a hand softly collide with mine, it turns out, you were also going to brush away my tears.

We both giggled at our like-mindedness.

I saw that the pastor was smiling while looking at us but he then motioned for your turn to say your wedding vow.

 

The nervousness I’ve felt earlier was now replaced with excitement and other fluttering feelings inside of me.

You have always been the less outspoken one between the two of us and I can’t wait to hear what’s in your vow.

 

“My dearest Kwon—”

 

“Eunbi…”

 

“Eunbi…”

 

“Eunbi eonnie…”

 

I was suddenly brought back to reality, I didn’t know I was in a trance; the flashbacks were so real, it felt too real.

 

Well maybe because it was, it was once real.

 

I glanced to my side and there I saw Minjoo giving me a concerned look.

I nod and mouthed that it’s okay, I’m okay, though we both know that I—we’re all not.

 

I take a deep breath and look up at the people in front of me, the same people who were present on our wedding day exactly a year ago. But the only difference is that they were all laughing and smiling before, but now we’re all wearing the same expression.

Sadness.

Pain.

Longing.

 

The k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter