25 Even if the Cherry Blossoms will Fade

KangBi Through The Universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Angst, Hurt/Comfort, Slice of Life

Summary: Even if the cherry blossoms will fade, our memories will not end. The flowers will fall one day, telling us that we must cherish it until it's still there. It may seem like it's over but life must go on.

Word Count: 2999

Hashtag: #IntoTheKangBiVerse_EITCBWF

 

Even if the Cherry Blossoms will Fade

 

“Hyewon-ah~” I hugged Hyewon who’s beside me, eating tanghulu again. She really loves candied fruits. I don’t know if there’s a day when I didn’t saw her eating tanghulu.

 

“Hmm?” Hyewon is still busy eating her food.

 

“Nothing.” I stuffed my face to her shoulders, sniffing her scent. We are currently watching a movie. Well, we are not really watching because I’m hugging Hyewon right now and Hyewon is currently busy eating her food. 

 

“Eunbi-unnie.” I looked at her when she called me with her soft voice.

 

“Hmm?”

 

She stopped eating her food for a while and looked at me. My heart, calm down.

 

“Do you remember how we met?”She’s reminiscing. I looked in front and smiled.

 

“I’m sitting on a bench, eating tanghulu. Then, you asked for some of it even though we don’t know each other.” It makes me laugh every time I’ll remember those times.

 

“I’m sorry for what I’ve done.” Hyewon jokingly apologizes to me. I laughed because of what she said.

 

“I was craving for tanghulu that time and yours is the last one from that food stall.” Hyewon trying to defend herself.

 

“Still, you asked from a stranger.” I’m still laughing because of it.

 

“Eunbi-unnie.” Hyewon glaring at me.

 

“Sorry. Sorry.” I’m trying to suppress my laughter because I saw how her face looked defeated.

 

“Then, I kept on talking to you while eating tanghulu.” Hyewon continues her reminiscing.

 

“You even introduced yourself to me and asked for my name.” I said.

 

She nods and continues to talk.

 

“You’re pretty that’s why I’m okay to introduced myself.” I laughed hard because of what she just said.

 

“What? Just because I’m pretty?” She never fails to make me smile or laugh.

 

“Yes.” She smiled shyly. She’s cute.

 

I’m still laughing because of that but I stopped after I composed myself.

 

Hyewon’s phone beep. I didn’t mind it because it’s Hyewon’s.

 

“I have to go somewhere, Eunbi-unnie. Bye.” Hyewon kissed my cheek and also bid goodbye to my dog before going away.

 

“Take care!”

 

I went to my bedroom and jumped to my bed. “Now what should I do?” I stared at my ceiling. 

 

I stood up and get Eunhye, my dog. I pet her until she fell asleep from it. This doggo, she’s been with me since I met Hyewon. Eunhye has been my mental support whenever anxiety attacks me. I really treasure her.

 

I reached for my phone and saw a message from Hyewon.

 

“I saw a new cake shop and their cakes look delicious. Let’s go there tomorrow.” She even sent a picture of the new cafe. I laughed because of it. She really loves food.

 

I stretched my arms before standing up to open the curtains.

 

“Oh, It’s already spring season.” I saw how the cherry blossoms are starting to fall from the trees nearby.

 

The next day has come and I’m excited about our date. Friendly date. 

 

“Bye, Eunhye!” I bid goodbye to Eunhye before going out.

 

I went to our meeting spot and I can’t see her. I was about to message her but someone called me.

 

“Eunbi-unnie!” I looked around and I saw Chaewon. She went to me while smiling.

 

“Chaewonie~” I hugged her for a second.

 

“What are you doing here, Unnie?” 

 

”I’m meeting Hyewon here. We’re going to try some cakes from the new cafe she saw. How about you?” 

 

“I was about to go home when I saw you here.” Chaewon still smiling.

 

I checked my phone and there’s no reply from Hyewon yet. Maybe she’s still asleep. I tried to call her but she’s not picking up. I just send her a message telling her that I’ll go first to the cafe with Chaewon.

 

“Do you need to do something urgently?” I asked Chaewon.

 

“Uhm… Not really. Why?”

 

“Let’s go to the cafe. I think Hyewon is still asleep. I already messaged her.” I told Chaewon and pulled her to go to the cafe before she even refused.

 

“Order what you like.” I told Chaewon after we sat at a table.

 

She ordered a mint choco ice cream. I didn’t know that they also sell ice cream until Chaewon ordered hers. 

 

“Doesn’t that taste like toothpaste?” I asked her as I saw how she enjoys eating it.

 

“No. It’s not. I really like it.” Chaewon defending how good mint choco is to me. I’m imagining Chaewon enjoying the taste of toothpaste.

 

“May I taste it?” Maybe it really doesn’t taste tooth paste.

 

Chaewon let me taste the ice cream. As it reaches my tongue to taste it, I can say that it tastes like toothpaste.

 

Chaewon is laughing at me as I made a disgusted face. I excused myself to go to the restroom.

 

After vomiting the ice cream, I washed my face and checked my phone. There’s a message from Hyewon. 

 

Sorry. I woke up late. Wait for me there.

 

After replying to Hyewon, I went back to our table where Chaewon is waiting for me.

 

“Eunbi-unnie, I have to go now. Minju is waiting for me.” She looks worried.

 

“Thank you for the ice cream.” Chaewon kissed my cheek and bid goodbye.

 

Now, I’ll wait for Hyewon to come. Hmm…Why did she woke up late? Maybe she played until morning. 

 

“Unnie, I’m sorry.” Hyewon still gasping for air. I think she ran here. She sat on the chair across from me.

 

“It’s okay.” I smiled at her. 

 

I called someone to take our orders. I ordered a strawberry cake for me and a chocolate cake for Hyewon.

 

“It tastes good.” My eyes get widen when I tasted the cake. It really tastes good.

 

After eating at the cafe, we went to some good places nearby and took pictures. Hyewon’s taking me a lot of good pictures.

 

“You’re pretty

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter