14 I Heard A Rumor

KangBi Through The Universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Comedy, Crack, Fluff, Romance

Summary: Eunbi hates Hyewon. But a certain circumstance would brought them together.

Word Count: 9310

Hashtag: #IntoTheKangBiVerse_IHeardARumor

 

I Heard A Rumor

 

"WHAT THE HELL KANG HYEWON!!!" Eunbi was fuming mad by the sight of their shared apartment, it was really really messy.


 

Kang Hyewon a.k.a Sl*t Kang as Eunbi calls her groaned while still sleeping on the couch. 


 

"Will you please lower down your voice, my head is throbbing and it's about to explode" Hyewon mumbled, not even opening her eyes.


 

Eunbi flares up more, grabs a throw pillow then hits Hyewon repeatedly.


 

"I told you no party here while I was gone!!! Eunbi said while still hitting the still sleepy Hyewon.


 

Hyewon groaned as she slowly opened her eyes "YAH!! KWON EUNBI STOP HITTING ME!!"


 

Eunbi gasped "WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME? KWON EUNBI?! HOW DARE YOU DROPPED THE FORMALITY! IM OLDER THAN YOU IDIOT!!"


 

Hyewon finally got into her senses and grabbed Eunbi's hand and she pulled the raging girl towards her, making Eunbi fall on top of her "Stop it will you? 


 

"LET ME GO KANG HYEWON!!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!!!" 


 

"C'mon let me sleep will you??"


 

"Fine! But let go of me!"


 

"No, I like this position" Hyewon said as she tightened her hold on Eunbi


 

"I am so going to kill you later when you woke up" 


 

"Yeah sure. Now sleep"


 

After a while Hyewon fell asleep while Eunbi was lying on her chest. 


 

Eunbi's POV


 

This idiot is really making me mad early in the morning. Now, here I am lying on her chest while she is sleeping soundly, I can hear her heartbeat, it's steady and calm. She also smells good even though she didn't take a bath yet. I looked up at her, observing her face, no wonder he likes her, Hyewon is really beautiful. Now that I think about it again, I feel pain in my heart. The guy I loved felp for Hyewon, to think that he only met her once. That's the reason why I am mad at her, she took away the person I love from me. But whenever I am confronting her about it, she just always shrugged it off or laughed at it as if it's not a big deal. Maybe for her it's not a big deal because she is not the one who got hurt. But no matter what I do I cannot bring back the old times. One more thing, I am always seeing her with old men at a restaurant or café. And one time I saw her with this old man in a mall, she was holding the arm of that man while walking and talking happily. Is she into old guys or something? For the record, she has been with a different old man every time I am seeing her outside. I hope she is not doing weird things for money. And as much as I want to leave this place I don't have the ability to do that since it is near my work place and the rent is really cheap. I guess I just have to endure being with Hyewon huh. 


 

"Stop staring at me" she mumbled and I scoffed.


 

"I am not staring at you idiot, I was about to wake you up because it's noon already and the kids might be here anytime now" I denied that I was staring at her, never in my life would admit that. I lay down my head on her chest again, and once again I feel her arms tightened around me, then I feel her burying her nose on my head even placing a kiss on it.


 

What is she doing??? I gulped, as a clingy person moments like this are my weakness. I am not saying I am gonna do this thing with whoever, but right now this person with me is making me feel things, warmth, excitement, butterflies.


 

SNAP OUT OF IT EUNBI!!! I sighed.


 

"Are you ok?" She said with her hoarse voice, damn it. 


 

"Yeah, let me go because I need to use the bathroom, and we need to eat lunch for pete's sake" 


 

She kissed my head again before letting me go. I got up fast so she couldn't see my blushing cheeks. I slammed the bathroom door while holding my chest, my heart is beating fast right now. I opened the faucet and splashed cold water on my face.


 

"Get a grip of yourself Eunbi" I balled my fists and closed my eyes tightly.


 

*Knock knock*


 

"Yah, quit hogging the bathroom! I need to use it too!!" 


 

I opened the door and glared at her, she is frowning at me, maybe confused why I am acting like this l. 


 

"Are you sure you are ok?" She asked again


 

"Yeah" I answered shortly and walk by pass her 


 

I went to my room and sat down on my bed. Oh yeah lunch, I grabbed my phone and dialed for some food delivery. I don't have the will to cook today. Might change my clothes first while waiting for the food delivery to come. While waiting, I lay down on my bed doing nothing just staring at the ceiling.


 

*Knock knock*


 

"Eun the food is here" Hyewon said.


 

I grabbed my purse and walked out of my room. I paid the delivery guy and went to the kitchen to eat. I sat quietly and just focused on my food, I am not even glancing at Hyewon. I finished my food fast and went back to my room and took a rest for the day. 


 

End of POV

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hyewon's POV


 

I am already at home with the kids, damn I'm so tired today. I just want to rest early but the kids asked me to watch a movie with them. 


 

"Guys! Eunbi unnie texted me, she said she got promoted at work and she's coming home late since her superiors asked her to celebrate her promotion with them." Minju said.


 

Celebrate with her superiors? This is not good.


 

"Min ask her location please" I know those sly fossils. I am 1000% sure they are going to take advantage of Eunbi since she just got promoted.


 

"Hyewon unnie, she said she's at The Red Bar" 


 

I hurriedly grabbed my purse and car keys as I dashed out to my car. I didn't even answer the kids when they asked me where I was going. I knew Eunbi would need me there, I just knew it. Corporate hangouts are not always fun, some of your colleagues might take advantage of you especially when you are already drunk. I stepped on my gas and sped up more, I don't care if the police chased me because of over speeding. My concern right now is my housemate's well being. 


 

Housemate?? Are you sure? Just a housemate? Not the girl you fell in love with??


 

"Shut it brain" I gripped my steering wheel. Yes, I like Eunbi. Wait, scratch that, I love her. I don't know how it started but it happened. All I remember is she has a boyfriend that time, but that ing idiot left her because her ex boyfriend fell for me. And that's the reason why Eunbi got mad at me, she thought I snatched her ex boyfriend from her. For sake do I look like I want a hotdog?! Even the kids knew I play for the other team and Eunbi is that dense to notice that. Now that she is single again, I am going to pursue her. I will let her know how much I care for her, how much I love her. But also I am not going to force her with anything, if she ever likes me back then I will be the happiest and luckiest human on earth, if she doesn't then I will accept it. But I am hoping for the best. Cross fingers.


 

I pulled my car in front of the bar. A high class bar huh. For sure they rented a VIP room. When I am finally inside, I scan the area first hoping to see her if ever she's in the crowd, but I didn't see her. I continued my search here and there until I bumped to someone.


 

"Oops sorry, sorry" I apologized to the person I bumped with.


 

"Yah! Kang Hyewon will you stop bowing at me?!!" 


 

I look up and see my dear friend Chaeyeon "Oh, Chae what are you doing here?!"


 

"We own this place that's why I am supervising it right now. How about you, what are you doing here?"


 

Nice, I can access those VIP rooms upstairs.


 

"I'm looking for Eunbi unnie, she went here with her superiors at work since she got promoted at work today" 



 

"Ahh those kinds of corporate hangouts huh. Well, follow me, they are upstairs"


 

"Let's go Chae!!"


 

"Calm down Kang, save that energy for later"


 

I am taking two steps on the stairs while Chaeyeon is trailing behind me. Better be safe Eunbi or else those motherers will have a death wish. 


 

"This way Hye" 


 

We turned right until we faced the last door, Chaeyeon and I stood there for a while catching our breaths. 


 

"I will wait for you here, go inside and save Eunbi unnie" 


 

I nodded at her and took a deep breath, before opening the door I sent a text message to my dad. I will make sure their company will close tomorrow. I opened the door and I was right all along, those men are drunk, and Eunbi was sitting in between two old freaking maniac hags and the guy on her left is touching her. They didn't notice my entrance, those guys busy harassing her while Eunbi is busy being uncomfortable on her seat, continuously trying to pry the hands of those ers from her legs. It made my blood boil, I didn't waste anymore time and attacked the guy on her left, I punched him straight on the face. 


 

" YOU!! YOU ARE SUCH A ING SON OF A B*TCH!!" 


 

"HYEWON-AH!!! Eunbi shouted but I didn't stop. 


 

I grabbed his collar and pulled him up, throwing him on the floor and punched his face repeatedly until blood came out from his broken nose. He is too drunk to fight me. I think I am done on this one. I got up and faced the other motherer, I don't wanna waste more energy here, I sent him a round kick on his face that made him fall down instantly. Good thing daddy enrolled me before for some self defense classes, now I can use it to protect the person I love. I felt a hand holding me, I turned and it was Eunbi, she had tears falling from her eyes. 


 

"Hey don't cry" I said softly and wiped the tears on her cheeks. Suddenly she launched herself on me for a hug, burying her face on my neck as she cried harder. I held her tight, I felt her body shaking. I caressed her back trying to comfort her.


 

"Shh don't cry anymore, I am here already, you are safe now" I whispered in her ear. "Let's get out of here before they woke up"


 

She looked up at me and nodded her head. I grabbed her bag and held her hand tight as we went to my car. We bumped into Chaeyeon at the hallway and she just shooed us. I'm lucky to have that kind of friend. Once we were inside my car, we just sat there quietly. Eunbi finally stopped crying but her hands are still shaking in.


 

 I reached out to hold it "I'm sorry for what I did" I apologized.


 

"You know I was waiting for that promotion for years now. I worked my off to get that position, but now it's all gone. I don't even know if I still have work to come to tomorrow" she chuckled bitterly. 


 

"Oh, about that, their company will close even before they woke up"


 

"What do you mean?"


 

"Hmm check it on the internet"


 

She searched it "Snake suddenly shut down due to K Corporate pulled out their investment making the company fall down instantly"


 

She gasped "How did this happen?!! I just talked to their representative yesterday!!!" 


 

"Sh*t happens that's why" I mentally smirked. "By the way, regarding your work don't worry about it.."


 

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT?!! I LOST MY JOB!!!!" Damn this girl and her loud voice.


 

"Like I said don't wor…"


 

"HOW CAN I NOT?!!!"


 

"WILL YOU PLEASE LISTEN TO ME FIRST AND STOP CUTTING ME?!!" I sighed. "As I was saying, don't worry about it since you will have a new job tomorrow, so you will need to come with me right now to meet someone"


 

She just nodded her head as an answer. I drove us to my dad's company. My daddy is a business tycoon, and he just appointed me as the new VP of his company that's why I will be needing a personal secretary. I'm nervous right now, my dad will finally meet Eunbi. Well, my whole family knows about her and actually wants to meet her. But I never had the chance to do that since Eunbi doesn't really like me that much. Ow that hurts my hearteu..


 

"We're here" I hurriedly got out of my car to open the car door for Eunbi. 


 

“You are nice sometimes huh” she said and I just rolled my eyes at her.


 

“I am always nice, you just don’t notice it”


 

“Suuurrreee. But you always pissed me off”


 

“Not really, you are just not really fond of me” I chuckled. Those words tasted so bitter in my mouth. 


 

Will you ever look at me the same way I look at you Eun?


 

End of POV


 

Eunbi's POV


 

I purse my lips at her remark. I couldn't counter back so I just swallowed hard finding the right words to say. Should I confront her about everything now? I want some clarifications as well. 


 

"I'll be honest with you. I am still bitter with the break up, and we both know the reason why my ex boyfriend broke up with me is because of you. I have had a lot of insecurities since Iwas a little kid, I always get compared to my older sister because she excels in almost everything. She is also very beautiful unlike me.” I took a deep breath before continuing “I have this constant feeling that no matter what I do I will never be good enough. I thought I could finally prove them wrong about me but once again, I failed. I just lost my job and my boyfriend left me because he wants a beautiful girl unli hmmp”


 

I was too shocked to move. Hyewon just pulled me in for a kiss. My mind was screaming to push her away from me, but it’s like my lips had their own mind and kissed her back. So, this is how it feels like kissing her huh, it’s soft and warm, her lips tasted sweet. 


 

“I-im sorry Eun, I got carried away. You can slap me and curse at me all you want I won’t stop you” she rants.


 

This girl can rant whenever she wants huh. Well I don’t want to ruin the moment, I don't want to assume things too. I’d rather let it pass for now. Instead of doing what she is telling me to do I pulled her for a hug. I bury my face on her neck, there goes her intoxicating smell again. I felt her arms slowly wrap around me.


 

“Thank you for saving me. If you didn’t come I don’t know what would happen next. Yes I am so desperate to get that promotion but not on that way. I will never sell my body just for work.” I said.


 

“That’s good to hear. And don’t worry, like I promised you will have a new job soon.”


 

"Ok, let's go then!" I smiled at her and she kinda froze. "Uhmm Hyewon are you ok?"


 

"Y-yeah, let's go!" She turned and walked fast as if someone was coming after her. What a weird girl.


 

As I was walking inside the building I just noticed that we are in K Corporation, one of the biggest companies in our country. What the hell is she thinking bringing me here?? Is this where the job she is talking about??  If she does something again, I swear she is a dead meat later. She pressed the VIP button in the elevator. How come she has access to that floor? Is the president of this company her sugar daddy or something?? 


 

*Ding*


 

"We're here, follow me" this building structure is no joke. The interior is very classy. The floor is carpeted, and the sign on the door says “CEO’s Office”


 

*knock knock*


 

“Come in!” the voice said. Hyewon opened the door and excitedly went in. “Oh hey sweetheart! What brings you here?”


 

Wait!! I know this guy! I’ve seen him with Hyewon before at some restaurant! Sweetheart??? So this guy is her sugar daddy??


 

“Hi dad!! I need to talk to you about something By the way I came here with my friend Eunbi. Daddy this is Eunbi, Eunbi this is my dad” wait what????


 

“Your what?!”


 

“Uhmm my dad hehehe”


 

HER DAD IS THE FREAKING CEO OF K CORP?!!!!


 

“G-good evening Mr.Kang, I am Kwon Eunbi please to meet you” I bowed down to show my respect. 


 

“Ooohh so your are THE Kwon Eunbi huh, my daughter here talks about you a lot and my wife actually wants to meet you” Mr. Kang said. 


 

“DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!”


 

Ehh? Hyewon talks about me to her family?


 

“Good things I hope” I chuckled nervously. Damn it my hands are sweating right now because I am too nervous/talking to the CEO although he seemed very nice.


 

“Good things of course! Let’s take a seat first and talk” 


 

I sat beside Hyewon .


 

“Ok, first of all you need to explain to me why did you asked me to pull pull out our investment on Msnake company”


 

Holy sh*t!!! Hyewon did that?!!!!!!


 

“Eunbi is an employee there and she just got promoted. However, her superiors are harassing her during their celebration. and I saw it with my own eyes” she explained to her dad.


 

“Alright, and what do you want me to do now?” - Mr.Kang


 

“Since you just appointed me as the new vice president of our company, I’d like Eunbi to be my personal assistant”


 

Huh? What did she say? Me as her personal assistant? 


 

"Well, the decision is yours. If you want her to be your assistant then it's fine with me. Just make sure you will give her a right treatment, a very good salary and benefits, and a well deserve bonus" 


 

I gulped, I know those are needed. But I didn't even start my job. 


 

"Of course dad! I will take care of her. I promise. So, are you ok with the job I am offering you?" Hyewon flashed a smile at me. The kind of smile that will warmth your heart.


 

"I can't say no to that since I need a job y'know. Thank you Hyewon" I smiled back at her.


 

"Ehem ehem. Looks like we are done here. If you'll excuse me I have a meeting in 10 minutes and I need to prepare. Take care you two, and nice to meet you again Eunbi. And you young lady, let's have a family dinner soon yeah?" Her dad bid us a goodbye and he gave Hyewon a hug before he went out of his office.


 

End of POV



 

Hyewon's POV


 

I wonder what was going on in her mind right now. She has been quiet since my dad left us here. 


 

"Uhmm Eun? Are you ok?" I asked her and she nodded her head as an answer to my question.


 

"Yes, I'm fine. I am just still trying to sink in everything that has happened today. By the way, why didn't you tell me that you are a freaking daughter of one of the biggest business tycoons?!" She even slapped me on my shoulders 


 

"Ouch!! It's because I don't like to brag, I'd rather stay lowkey you know. Being on the spot light is never my thing. I want a quiet and peaceful life, not like the others who have a paparazzi following you everyday" I answered.


 

Me and my mom were never fond of being on the spot light. We stayed from that as much as we could. However, sometimes we need to attend some corporate gatherings. That's why some people knew I am the daughter of K Corp's CEO. 


 

"I even thought that man earlier is your sugar daddy!!! Haist" she crossed and her arms over her chest and pouted her lips. I gulped as I was staring at her lips, the memories from earlier flashing in my mind. Damn, I can't believe I kissed those lips. 


 

Wait! What did she say??? Sugar daddy?!!!!!


 

"YAH!! KWON EUNBI WHO DO YOU THINK I AM TO LOOK FOR SOME SUGAR DADDY!!!" Now it's my turn to sulk. Sugar daddy my . 


 

"Ha! I always saw you with some older men these past few days that's why I thought you are into those things"


 

"Ghad!!! You should've asked me! Besides those kinds of species aren't my type" I crunched my nose. Just the thought of having a relationship with a guy gives me goosebumps. I shuddered at the thought.


 

"Hmmm I see. What's your type then?"


 

"You" I bit my lip. 


 

"Huh?"


 

"I-i mean you first, what's your type? Hehehe" Me and my ing tongue. 



 

"Hmm I don't have a specific type. Maybe just someone who smells good." She answered. I sniff myself if I smell good hehehehe good thing I am.


 

"Does that mean you could fall for whoever that smells good?" I asked.


 

"No silly. But if you fall for someone, you have to accept that person whole heartedly. You cannot love that person based on his/her good traits, you must also accept her flaws."


 

"I see. You have a good point there. Uhmm I wanna ask you something but I'm afraid if I would offend you" my heart is beating fast, I'm too nervous to ask if she would ever play for another team.


 

"Go ahead, what is it?"


 

"Uhmm would you ever play for another team?" I gulped the invisible lump in my throat. And my palms are getting clammy.


 

"What do you mean?" She frowned.


 

"Willyoueverlikeagirl?" 


 

"Say it slowly and louder!!"


 

"Will you ever like a girl?" There, I said it. My hands are shaking and I am feeling cold right now. Why did I even ask her that??


 

"To be honest, I had a girlfriend when I was in college. I think that answered your question" she chuckled at me. "Why do you ask anyway?" 


 

"I-im just curious, that's all hehehe" I grabbed the water bottle in front of me and gulped down the water to ease my nervousness. My feelings right now are a mixture of nervousness, happiness and excitement. 


 

Rold!!! Thank yooouuuuuu!!!! I have a chance after all!!!


 

"Anyway let's go home now. You need to rest because you will start on your new work tomorrow" I smiled at her as I stood up in front of her, offering my hand to her to help her stand. She grabbed it and smiled back at me. God I love this girl a lot.


 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

I woke up early. To be honest I couldn't sleep properly last night. I am too excited because from now on Eunbi will work with me. It makes me giddy knowing that I am going to see her at work all day. 


 

"Goodmorning Hyewon unnie!!" Yujin greeted me. 


 

"Goodmorning Yujinnie. Take a seat and eat your breakfast now" because I am in the mood today, I took the liberty to cook breakfast for all of us. 


 

"Why are you all smiley early in the morning? By the way, what happened last night? We saw the news y'know" she asked me.


 

"Just l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter